Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Genius

Yesterday we had 2 staff notices asking for opinions on Housing and Gold shops (plus polls) which possibly shows Gaia may actually be starting to listen to its userbase.

However the issue i have with this is the way it is being done....in staff notices. Surely these issues are something the ENTIRE userbase should have a say in, not just the few of us that has staff notices turned on or frequent the GCD.

These should have been ANNOUNCEMENTS , so that everyone can have their say, putting them into staff notices only informs a limited amount of the userbase, granted the threads are in the GCD but not everyone visits that forum (myself included) so they would be unaware of these threads.

Personally i wouldn't have minded an announcement that WASNT to do with me having to get yet another bank loan to use the site.

In future, when asking opinions on things that affect the whole site, please make them ANNOUNCEMENTS and NOT Staff Notices

Unholy Werewolf

17,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
In the past, staff notices have been the place for polls... but I'll agree that it should be in the announcements since many people (including myself) have disabled staff notices.

Undead Enchantress

Would people have noticed them in announcements as well? People claim they speed click the bubble nowadays.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Some people are disabling announcements too.

And no, these kinds of notices went exactly where they belong. Staff Notices.

Lucky Prophet

31,575 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Nyadriel

How do you disable announcements? I'd love to do that, but last I heard, you couldn't.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
AgeofZero
Nyadriel

How do you disable announcements? I'd love to do that, but last I heard, you couldn't.

Heard about it yesterday. It's in account settings. No idea how long that was in there.

Right side of the page.

Undead Enchantress

Nyadriel
AgeofZero
Nyadriel

Heard about it yesterday. It's in account settings. No idea how long that was in there.

Right side of the page.

That only works for guilds, Nyadriel . sad

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Erynne
Nyadriel
AgeofZero
Nyadriel

Right side of the page.

So it does. Well that is a big disappointment!
Serves me right for not being completely awake when somebody told me about it and not realizing that they didn't realize it.

Undead Enchantress

Lord Elwrind
Erynne
Nyadriel
AgeofZero
Nyadriel

Right side of the page.

So it does. Well that is a big disappointment!
Serves me right for not being completely awake when somebody told me about it and not realizing that they didn't realize it.

GET THAT COFFEE INTO YOU STAT!

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
emotion_drool At least they weren't selling something in the notices.

I don't read any stickies in the GCD, so I appreciate the announcement in whatever form they thought appropriate.

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
everyone just ignores announcements nowadays, lol. the notices get more views. domokun stargate

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
2sarahgate
everyone just ignores announcements nowadays, lol. the notices get more views. domokun stargate
Agreed, is easy to mistake them for another cash sale. I am glad notices are being used for something other than pushing more sales.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Tbh, if it was in an announcement, I wouldn't even notice they had a poll. I just click through announcements these days. sweatdrop

To me, the notices are just fine. At least those aren't in your face everyday.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff