Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What class do you usually pick?

Warrior 0.36 36.0% [ 9 ]
Rogue 0.36 36.0% [ 9 ]
Mage 0.28 28.0% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
1 2 >

What class do you usually roll when playing an RPG?

I am obsessed with magic and the mystical. It's addicting and I love figuring out how magic ties into the lore of the game. I think Dragon Age has an interesting spin on the origins of magic and I love the grandiosity of Sorcerer spells in Dragon's Dogma. My obsession leads me to be rather neglectful in other aspects of combat though. But I'm pretty smart, so I get by alright. I usually don't touch other classes unless I can infuse magic into their skills in any way or form. It's just the thought of using knowledge as power that I enjoy very much. I am always seeking to understand things, so I feel a bit of kinship to mages.

So what do you like to play as in those types of games? I made the poll for simplicity, but feel free to suggest any other kind of classes as well. Also I would like to ask if these classes hold any type of personal importance to you? And whether you believe you share some traits with the class of your choice?

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
yum_tea Priest/Druid because that's how I roll. Divine casting for the win!

Girl

Rogue. Always.
Bow and Dagger life.

Shy Conversationalist

7,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
I like utility magic, myself. Unfortunately, that usually means I can't play the "mage", because all they can do is shoot fireballs or, if I'm lucky, heal. If I want to do damage, I'd rather just use a weapon! But, the one that speeds up time, or dispels barriers, or summons assistance... that's a class I can get interested in. 3nodding

Depends on the game, though, of course. Some games just make it funner to play a certain archetype in their battle systems. xd

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I can't help but love being a rogue. I like stealing, and using smaller melee weapons like daggers. smile

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Raemyi
I like utility magic, myself. Unfortunately, that usually means I can't play the "mage", because all they can do is shoot fireballs or, if I'm lucky, heal. If I want to do damage, I'd rather just use a weapon! But, the one that speeds up time, or dispels barriers, or summons assistance... that's a class I can get interested in. 3nodding

Depends on the game, though, of course. Some games just make it funner to play a certain archetype in their battle systems. xd

yum_tea Play Final Fantasy Tactics. Two of the classes, Time Mage and Summoner, are right up your alley.

Dangerous Genius

It really depends, I prefer a variety of classes depending on how I feel. but most of the time I never pick Warrior.

For instance in Shadowrun I picked Decker/rigger because I like the thought of controlling drones and hacking into systems to steal information.

In final fantasy I tend to pick classes like summoner, puppetmaster, red mage, blue mage, Alchemist, and a variety of others.

I don't like sticking to one class.

Shy Conversationalist

7,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Raemyi

yum_tea Play Final Fantasy Tactics. Two of the classes, Time Mage and Summoner, are right up your alley.

Already have, but ironically I don't like either of those two classes much (though I tend to have a summoner on the team, just to look pretty). The time mage has nice support magic, but that's all it does - you always need another class to do the heavy lifting, so you're always using a time mage *and* something else; the time mage itself doesn't really shine. The summoner, for its part, doesn't actually summon help in most Final Fantasy games. It uses damage-dealing magic, exactly like the black mage, just with a slightly fancier animation. sweatdrop

No, if we're talking Final Fantasy Tactics, then I prefer the Samurai, which, besides its blade attacks, can draw out spirit magic from them to cast Haste, Protect, Regen, etc. Other good options are Monk, Orator, and Geomancer. The kind of classes that hold their own with traditional weaponry, but can do unique and interesting things when the situation calls for it. Final Fantasy is one of those games where the actual "mages" tend to be incredibly straight-forward, but it has great hybrid classes. 3nodding

Final Fantasy XI's summoner, on the other hand.... simply perfect! whee
It doesnt help that so many games change the archetypes.

Magic users in FFXI and WoW are *amazing* face roll classes that pretty much just sit back and attack.

Ragnarok Online Wizards aren't that great. They're vulnerable, they take forever to cast big spells and rely on others to take advantage unless they use shield on themselves which doesnt last long.

Thiefs are amazing in Ragnarok Online but pretty bad in FFXI, Rogues are pretty much PVP classes in WoW.

I suppose when you get out of the realm of MMOs: Magic users are pretty bad in Skyrims, Thiefs were pretty bad in Dragon Age.

It just depends on the game whether the devs made them s**t or not.

Dangerous Genius

Lost Dynamis

Magic users in FFXI and WoW are *amazing* race roll classes that pretty much just sit back and attack.

Ragnarok Online Wizards aren't that great. They're vulnerable, they take forever to cast big spells and rely on others to take advantage unless they use shield on themselves which doesnt last long.

Thiefs are amazing in Ragnarok Online but pretty bad in FFXI, Rogues are pretty much PVP classes in WoW.

I suppose when you get out of the realm of MMOs: Magic users are pretty bad in Skyrims, Thiefs were pretty bad in Dragon Age.

I don't remember theifs being bad in FFXI? it might depend on the server but I remember thieves being great Damage Dealers when they played the class right and stood behind the target. Also, they made great fishers...
Chaos Dirge
Lost Dynamis

Magic users in FFXI and WoW are *amazing* race roll classes that pretty much just sit back and attack.

I don't remember theifs being bad in FFXI? it might depend on the server but I remember thieves being great Damage Dealers when they played the class right and stood behind the target. Also, they made great fishers...

Any class that does /THF can do Sneak Attack / Trick Attack. It's kind of what makes /THF good for like Samurai or whatever.

The only thing Thief itself had going for it was it had Triple Attack and decent Evasion. It was kind of a hybrid between Ninja and Warrior. It couldnt do great damage but it could also evade a few attacks as well.

Dangerous Genius

Lost Dynamis
Chaos Dirge
Lost Dynamis

Any class that does /THF can do Sneak Attack / Trick Attack. It's kind of what makes /THF good for like Samurai or whatever.

The only thing Thief itself had going for it was it had Triple Attack and decent Evasion. It was kind of a hybrid between Ninja and Warrior. It couldnt do great damage but it could also evade a few attacks as well.
Which made it adaptable, also subclassing ninja for dual wielding helped their damage by quite a bit. On the other hand I haven't played Final Fantasy XI since the level cap was 75.
whatever class lets me use the heaviest, most protecting armor and two-handed swords.

Browser

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Rogue. I've always enjoyed playing a dexterous female character in RPG's.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff