Welcome to Gaia! ::

Usually I try and and eat healthy but lately I've been making exceptions.
Regularly I'd not eat sugary or fatty foods.

My current diet isn't awful but it's not healthy. Im a veggie.

Today I had:
Cottage pie (vegetable)
Two jam/jelly donuts.
A bowl of special K.
Half a tub of mushroom chow mein and some spring rolls.

I don't usually eat this crappy, and I usually have a rule of "never eat the same thing twice in one day"

well I broke the rule with the donuts and now I feel bad about myself crying

I am super paranoid about gaining weight from this, I feel like I've slipped as I was dieting before

Should I just continue to try and be healthy and stop worrying about this weekends food?
I tend to freak out over things like this and I've had bulemia in the past so I am worried about purging.

Is there anything I could do to avoid these thoughts/not feel so bad?
Thanks in advance.

Shadowy Hunter

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Tipsy 100
Sexts

No. Everyone needs a cheat day. I am on a healthy kick and I had my slip up day yesterday and friday. I had chips and dip both days. We need to indulge so we can keep ourselves on track every now and then so we don't binge and give up completely.

I didn't even go out for my walk yesterday.

Shadowy Hunter

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Tipsy 100
A bad diet is when you constantly eat processed foods and high fat foods. It was only a day or two, it wouldn't kill you. You may or may not. You shouldn't gain any weight, but it depends on your body type. But the biggest task would have to be your mental state.

Bashful Bookworm

Your weight constantly fluctuates throughout the day as well mostly from water weight and depending on if you've gone to the bathroom or not yet sometimes. Don't sweat it if you gain a few pounds. Most people have a cheat day anyway where they have sweets and stuff that isn't as good for them. As long as you're eating healthy most of the time and exercising regularly, it won't make much of a difference, if any at all.

Questionable Genius

The general rule is, one bad meal won't make you fat, just like one good meal won't make you thin. As long as the majority of what you eat is healthy (75-80%+), it should be okay. I think having a cheat meal once in a while is okay and keeps you from falling off the wagon and gaining back all the weight you lost.
You can eat anything you want so long as you eat in moderation.
You can't actually gain weight unless you eat over caloric maintenance.

Hissra's Waifu

Anxious Darling

Remember that you are human. You will have those days when you give in to foods you normally avoid, and that's okay. I've learned that it's best to forgive yourself and not make a huge deal of it. As long as it isn't becoming a regular part of your food routine/you aren't consistently using excuses to eat that way, you'll be fine. It's perfectly normal/healthy to have a day once in awhile where you indulge. Smile because you ate things that you really wanted to, and just get back on track. You didn't do anything wrong, so be kind to yourself. I know it's difficult. If you ever want someone to talk to when you're feeling down about food/weight/etc. feel free to contact me, sweet pea. xoxo
Like, one day? Nah, one day won't affect your weight much. It actually takes a long time to get fat.
No.

But if you continue to eat like this everyday, then yes you will gain all your fat back.

I know from experience.

Tipsy Millionaire

10,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Naaaaaw you will be fine. Your idea of crap food is still 100x better than what most people eat.

Tipsy Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
One day won't hurt,
and like they said before a cheat day every so often is good for you.
I know a few friends who have a pizza day every other month, were they get their craving for delivery bad-for-you goodness out of their system.
As long as you stay at or below you maintenance, you should be good.

Dapper Swapper

Hey man, never deny yourself something. Life is too short for that.

So you slipped up one day NO big deal, just try again!

I have a cheat day every 3 weeks, but sometimes I have a cupcake or piece of pizza inbetween. Just don't make it a habit <3
For gain Weight, Eat more junk food, Eat chocolates, Drink Beer, Eat more Nonnegotiable Product, Drink wine, Take small meal small interval of times, Take a supplement, take high nutrition diets, Less physical work.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff