Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey~ ^_^ so.. I am currently learning Japanese. My older brother learned this when he was younger and I got interested in it, also because I wanted to learn it because anime. I recently figured I wanted to try to get into college in japan..my problem is I can't seem to remember what I learn very well and no one else in my family besides my brother even bothers with Japanese so when I speak it around them they give me a look or get annoyed? sweatdrop No one really supports my dream but my best friend heart and even she doesn't really understand/speak Japanese sweatdrop . So I was wondering if any of you would like to help me? ^_^ and even better give me some tips? ^_^ it would be GREATLY appreciated ^_^ thank you~! (also I am sorta a newbie..please be nice? ^_^) redface 3nodding

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
If you have no other resource, start learning grammar with Japanese for Dummies. It's surprisingly useful thanks to the nice, neat charts it has for conjugation. Just make sure you try to see all the patterns you can in grammar as you learn it, and supplement your learning with other materials everywhere.

For the Hiragana and Katakana, pick up a pencil and start writing. Do, say, 10 letters at first. Write them down a few times each day.Then add another 5 letters and repeat.

When you can read and write both kana from memory, buy the book Remembering the Kanji vol. 1. Incredible book. I've done very little work and it's taught me over 200 kanji so far.
Tuah
If you have no other resource, start learning grammar with Japanese for Dummies. It's surprisingly useful thanks to the nice, neat charts it has for conjugation. Just make sure you try to see all the patterns you can in grammar as you learn it, and supplement your learning with other materials everywhere.

For the Hiragana and Katakana, pick up a pencil and start writing. Do, say, 10 letters at first. Write them down a few times each day.Then add another 5 letters and repeat.

When you can read and write both kana from memory, buy the book Remembering the Kanji vol. 1. Incredible book. I've done very little work and it's taught me over 200 kanji so far.

Thank you! ^_^ I'll try that!~ ^_^

Lucellus's Significant Otter

Buy a notebook and every time you learn a new word write it ten times each.
My class does this for vocabulary, I don't though, I just seem to remember it LOL ;;

For hiragana, katakana, and kanji, make flash cards and go through them at least once a day!
Okier - chan
Buy a notebook and every time you learn a new word write it ten times each.
My class does this for vocabulary, I don't though, I just seem to remember it LOL ;;

For hiragana, katakana, and kanji, make flash cards and go through them at least once a day!

Thank you!~ 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces