Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Bookworm

20,525 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
My life has been a pit of sadness ever since they stopped updating the manga, it was my life for awhile on this site... now I really don't care much about gaia any more. I only log in maybe once every two to three weeks just to see if gaia's bit the bullet... I guess I' m just tired of the money grubbing, a waste of my hard earned dollars... especially since all the artist are working on now is what they put in the cash shops... most of my friends have already left for good so I'm thinking of doing the same. I might give this site till the summer to improve, and if it doesn't I'm leaving for good. I hope it does but I'm not going to hold my breath, it's a shame because I really loved this site.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Oh we still care, we're just starved…

If Gaia would do more than the absolute bare minimum there would be speculation and interaction everywhere. Personally I feel it all started going downhill after the Vonpire event, when Vlad was killed in that abominable MMVII train wreck.

Now all we get are rehashed themes (Omni-drink april fools for Halloween), Joke events like Timmy's gro-gain werewolves and terribly rushed events like EB vs Jack. That should have been a ten page manga brawl, not a WHAM BAM mini-comic.

Basically, there's nothing we can "care about" when they don't give us anything.

Shaggy Loverboy

it's not that we don't care, it's that the storyline hasn't been updated in a long-a** time.

Tipsy Wench

13,500 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
It bummed me out that the NPCs didn't play a bigger role in V-day this year.
I was really hoping for some new Valentine's being sent out.
(I miss you Blaze.)

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
User Image

I honestly never really cared about the NPCs and manga even when I first started posting on Gaia in 2004.
Then around 2007 I got kinda into it... ( a little bit)... but now there is nothing left to get into anymore. :c
Nowadays, I would actually LOVE to see a little manga update that is longer than a page or two.
User Image

mskeaton1's Wife

LoliPop Princess

40,850 Points
  • Candyland Heaven 500
  • Loli Pop Treasure Hunter 500
*raises hand enthusiastically* Oh, oh! I still do! ... For the most part.

NPC interaction is one of my very favorite parts of Gaia. When Rufus showed up on his birthday this year and he talked to me it totally made my week. I love these imaginary ... people? xd

I used to get so absolutely excited for each installment of our manga, especially the mini ones. I'd wait for them. Now, I could really care less. I've become pretty jaded since Gaia now seems to be too cheap to let its artist, or any employees for that matter, put a decent amount of work into anything that doesn't directly effect their bottom line at the end of the day. It's just more proof that us users are now seen as wallets for the taking, instead of real people who genuinely love this site. I know that my long standing love is what's keeping around for the most part these days.

I've stopped paying attention to items for the most part as well. My friends and the community are what matters to me.

Alien Traveler

25,950 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hard to care about something that doesn't exist.

Gaius Becker's Queen

Godly Cultist

User Image

People still care, just not the people who have the power to do anything about it, which is a shame.

"I think I'd still rather devour this world in flames while legions
of demons poke at the few remaining survivors with tridents.
That sounds more my speed."
:.

Green Gaian

I haven't payed much attention to items lately. I don't know whether all these bundles and rigs have new items, rereleases, or rereleases of the rereleases. All I have left is the plot and I don't even have that anymore.

Hopeful Spirit

It used to be what made this site fun; a shame that it's dead.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I'd love to see it. I'll never get to see Blaze's mother at this rate. sad I think Gaians just need to continue the manga storyline themselves if Gaia's focus is just cash shop now. Like someone could make a thread and update the storyline with art. It would be fun to see.

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
Oh, yes, I miss the World of Gaia storylines! The main ones, not the Jack/Santa/Bunny thing, even though it was nice as an event.

And I have to completely agree. The entire atmosphere of Gaia has changed thanks to the Cash Shop. I even regularly get GC and...I just hate it. I miss the Vampires vs. Dark Elves-related storyline and the Airship storyline and...! All of those. I miss them so much, it's just sad...

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
Announcements like this make me die a little inside.
Oh sorry, we can't give you a happy ending where Gino and Edmund return and set Gaia to right, so here's a nice announcement with MORE CASH ITEMS that we dug from the Gambino mansion's yard! Hey, Johnny's dead so he doesn't need them, riiiiiight? emotion_awesome (Yes it actually says that last bit! Not word for word, mind, but something to the extent.)
Seriously? Can they show any LESS how much of a crap they give about the characters and what they meant to some people?
I never cared for the story, but I enjoy some of the NPCs.

Moonlight Witch

32,265 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
User Image

I care about the story and NPCs and there are people still interested.

Unfortunately, the plot's dead with no sign of any updates in the future. There are still some threads with people trying to bring interest. But there's only so much interest and content they can generate with a dead series.

I'm upset with how the Airship Saga has been left with no conclusion. I just remember all the build-up and community excitement for when it started. There was just so much potential and some pretty important events (ex. Gambino's death, the hunt for Gino, blood feud between vampires and elves, Nyx rising). And now...nothing for months.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff