Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Flatterer

Alright, I'm at a loss. I've tried EVERYTHING and nothing is working for me, I cannot seem to lose ANY weight.
Here is my schedule (because it's my hobby)
On a good week I do Martial Arts Monday through Thursday, 2 to 3 hours every day consisting of usually 1 hour of kickboxing, 1 hour of grappling and 1 hour of cardiovascular workout such as body flows, kettlebells, or whatever hell my instructor has planned for us.

As far as what I am eating it is anywhere from 1200 calories to 1500 calories of healthy home-cooked foods 80%-90% of the time.

I'm really close to giving up on life right now, there is a ball I'm going to that is 3 weeks away and I would have liked to have a nice flat tummy for my dress, but no.

Some ideas on why the hell nothing is working would be great, in addition to lovely tips and tricks you guys think that I should try would be lovely.

It's gotten to the point where I just want to give up, I've been doing this for two years and cannot find my abs anywhere. DAFAQ emotion_donotwant
scream

Mainly this is a huge problem for me because I am actually putting on FAT AGAIN! my stomach and back have gotten chubbier, my muscle is dwindling.. LKSAJSDA

Halp. ; n;'

Hygienic Bloodsucker

What are you eating?
Personally I find low impact exercise better for weight loss.
                        ۰۰۰ all my friends are knives 〉〉suicide crusades

۰۰۰۰۰۰military minds wanna play my game .. skeletons & crimes crucify my name

after a round of cardio,
                                    it's recommended that you eat something small and full of carbs
                                    like whole wheat bread with peanut butter and/or banana
                                    because if you don't fuel your body properly post workout
                                    it will actually attack muscle instead of fat.
                                    my fun fact of the day c:

open up your eyes to venom threats & children with machetes
                                                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Generous Flatterer

Vulgar Darling

I usually have a Shake for breakfast, for lunch I'll have a meal that closely resembles a "bowl" that you could get from Chipotle's Mexican Grill. If I don't eat that I'm either downing another shake or eating some sort of Homemade Soup. For Dinner I'll have either a pasta dish (veggie based noodles), or baked chicken and some veggies.

3 out of 4 days the grappling class , and 2 days a week we kettle bells both of which I would say is low-impact.

Generous Flatterer

children with machetes

* ^*
Unbeknownst I had a knowledgeable exercise person around me the entire time!
-
I'll try to incorporate a banana or shake into my schedule after working out.

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Coffu
Vulgar Darling

I usually have a Shake for breakfast, for lunch I'll have a meal that closely resembles a "bowl" that you could get from Chipotle's Mexican Grill. If I don't eat that I'm either downing another shake or eating some sort of Homemade Soup. For Dinner I'll have either a pasta dish (veggie based noodles), or baked chicken and some veggies.

3 out of 4 days the grappling class , and 2 days a week we kettle bells both of which I would say is low-impact.

Why do you have shakes? Can't you just have a normal breakfast and lunch? I don't think you're eating enough protein but I'm not a dietician so I'm not sure.
I gained a bit of belly fat when I went off Aitkins. It turns out I have a gluten allergy and a dairy intolerance so I avoid that now and I have a flat stomach.
I still think you're doing too much exercise. Exercise makes me hungry and I end up eating too much.

Generous Flatterer

Vulgar Darling

Actually I refuse to eat breakfast, so the shakes are what have given me any form of a 'breakfast'. I also do not give myself the time to make breakfast, due to my insane schedule I go to sleep at 3am most nights and wake up at 7:30am which gives me 20 minutes to get ready for work and leave.
Well I have quite a few food allergies as well and do my best to avoid eating those foods, mainly because I will die if I do.
I most likely am, but my workouts are from 5:30pm to 8:30pm and I don't get home until 9:30-10:30pm due to socializing, whilst this is happening I am not eating. When I am home I usually have dinner around 11pm which doesn't consist of much as I am not even hungry and then do schoolwork and work from my job until 3am.
The lack of time is also why I rely heavily on shakes.

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Coffu
Vulgar Darling

Actually I refuse to eat breakfast, so the shakes are what have given me any form of a 'breakfast'. I also do not give myself the time to make breakfast, due to my insane schedule I go to sleep at 3am most nights and wake up at 7:30am which gives me 20 minutes to get ready for work and leave.
Well I have quite a few food allergies as well and do my best to avoid eating those foods, mainly because I will die if I do.
I most likely am, but my workouts are from 5:30pm to 8:30pm and I don't get home until 9:30-10:30pm due to socializing, whilst this is happening I am not eating. When I am home I usually have dinner around 11pm which doesn't consist of much as I am not even hungry and then do schoolwork and work from my job until 3am.
The lack of time is also why I rely heavily on shakes.

My dietician recommended I eat something small every 3 hours. I guess you could try that. I lost 5 kilos doing that but I got sick of eating all the time.
No one in my family even eats breakfast and we're all thin.

Generous Flatterer

Vulgar Darling

I'll look into that, personally not a big fan of eating constantly either, so I'm not sure it will mesh with me.
Because you're not gaining muscle and your metabolism won't get any faster without protein and muscle.

Less cardio, more weight bearing activities.

Dapper Codger

If you are gaining weight (doesn't matter whether it's fat or muscle), you are in a caloric surplus. Even if you're eating healthy, if the portions are a specific size/calories, then you WILL gain weight. It's hard (at least for me), but try to eat only until you're satisfied. You'll likely be hungry again 2 hours later, so bring healthier snacks like fruit and eggs.

To be lean, you must have muscle. Muscle is only built with resistance training. Cardio will only burn calories as long as you do it. Muscles built in weight training 'burn' calories long after your workout. Weight training will increase your metabolism, requiring you to eat more to gain more muscle.

After a workout, follow it up with protein and carbs. This -can- be your 'biggest' meal of the day. Some body builders swear by candy/pop tarts after a workout. Lol. But this is the optimum time to eat.

If you have other questions, PM me, or head over to my fitness thread in my signature. : )

Beloved Giver

You have to eat better. the shakes all the time are a no go. I've been doing Taekwondo for 7 years now

Generous Flatterer

Mesoshy

Got it, thank you. I'll try to incorporate more strength training, though I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to do less cardio.

Kreiois

I will re-adjust my meal planning and calorie intake.
The closest thing I have to free weights is kettlebells, will this suffice for resistance training?
Thank you.

suntoset

Alrighty, off the shakes... it was an unavoidable breakup I suppose. Thank you.

Dapper Codger

Coffu
Mesoshy

Got it, thank you. I'll try to incorporate more strength training, though I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to do less cardio.

Kreiois

I will re-adjust my meal planning and calorie intake.
The closest thing I have to free weights is kettlebells, will this suffice for resistance training?
Thank you.

suntoset

Alrighty, off the shakes... it was an unavoidable breakup I suppose. Thank you.

Mmm. Dumbbells would be better, but kettle bells are a good start as long as they're not too light. Look into HIIT exercises. Have you noticed how sprinters in the Olympics are so much more muscular than long distance runners even though they both 'run'? HIIT is why. smile

I usually use my fist as a 'portion' of one thing if that helps.

Fist portion of brown rice + Fist portion of chicken + fist portion of veggies.

Generous Flatterer

Kreiois

Alright I usually use a pretty challenging weight, but I'm looking into buying some free weights for home when I can.

I hear for HIIT exercises, one should do them for only 20 to 30 minutes, is that actually true? I find myself craving a longer workout..

Fist sized, I will try that!

Thanks! emotion_c8

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas