Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
TESTING PHOTOBUCKET'S IMAGE FRAMES:

Zeresh / Victorian lady -- 413 x 619 -- None frame:
(Guess "None" really does mean none. XD)

User Image

Victorian lady -- 413 x 619 -- ivory frame:

User Image

Victorian lady -- 413 x 619 -- instant frame:

User Image

Victorian lady -- 413 x 619 -- antique frame:

User Image

Victorian lady -- 413 x 619 -- splinter frame:

User Image

Victorian lady -- 413 x 619 -- grit frame:

User Image

Victorian lady -- 413 x 619 -- stamp frame:

User Image

Victorian lady -- 413 x 619 -- museum frame:

User Image

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
{{Small images are 7/8 size. Large image is 3/4 size -- with ivory frame.}}

{{Tightening up the image by moving the top two dividers further in. Unfortunately, the two vine dividers don't look good on the same level, so I put the IMGLEFT tag back on the first one. This makes it impossible to move the left vine divider closer to the image, so they are both staying widely separated.}}

{{Also, I took out the space between the name box and the top two dividers.}}

{{Checking to see if it looks better without the green line above the top two dividers. YES.}}

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Zeresh Halcyone

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

FILLERFILLERUser ImageFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERUser Image

FILLERFILLERFUser ImageFILLUser ImageFILLUser Image

User ImageFILLERFILLERFILLERUser ImageFILLERFILLERFILLUser Image

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
{{Small images are 7/8 size. Large image is 3/4 size. All four have ivory frames.}}

{{Tightening up the image by moving the top two dividers further in. Unfortunately, the two vine dividers don't look good on the same level, so I put the IMGLEFT tag back on the first one. This makes it impossible to move the left vine divider closer to the image, so they are both staying widely separated.}}

{{Checking to see if it looks better without the green line above the top two dividers. YES.}}

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Zeresh Halcyone

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
{{Small images are 7/8 size. Large image is 3/4 size. All four have ivory frames.}} {{EXPERIMENTING WITH THIS ONE FOR IMAGE SPACING.}} {{THIS LOOKS GOOD -- USE THIS ONE.}}

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Zeresh Halcyone

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

FILLERFILLERFILLUser ImageFUser ImageFUser Image

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
{{Small images are 7/8 size. Large image is 3/4 size. All four have ivory frames.}} {{EXPERIMENTING WITH THIS ONE FOR IMAGE SPACING.}}{{THIS IS WHAT THE ONE ABOVE LOOKS LIKE WITH TRANSPARENT FILL.}}

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Zeresh Halcyone

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

FILLERFILLERFILLUser ImageFUser ImageFUser Image

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
{{Experimenting with behavior of images with the IMG and IMGLEFT tags. Using the three small images from the profile in the posts above.}}

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If use only the IMG tag, and I list the images with a line space between, they stack like this:

User Image

User Image

User Image

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If use only the IMG tag, and I list the images with no line spaces between, they stack like this:

User Image
User Image
User Image

If use only the IMG tag, and I list the images with no line spaces between, and then delete all characters between the end of one image and the beginning of the next -- "back-to-back" -- they line up like this:

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

If use only the IMG tag, and I list the images with no line spaces between, and then delete all characters between the end of the 1st image and the beginning of the second -- "back-to-back" -- but leave a newline character between the 2nd and 3rd images, they block like this:

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Adding the 4th image:

If use only the IMG tag, and I list the images with no line spaces between, and then delete all characters between the end of the 1st image and the beginning of the 2nd -- "back-to-back" -- but leave a newline character between the 2nd and 3rd images -- and insert the 4th image back-to-back with the 3rd, they block as follows. Apparently, BBCode lines up images with their bottom edges sitting on the current line, as though they were text.

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Using the IMG tag for images #1, #2, and #4, but the IMGLEFT tag for image #3:

And as before, I list the images with no line spaces between, and then delete all characters between the end of the 1st image and the beginning of the 2nd -- "back-to-back" -- but leave a newline character between the 2nd and 3rd images (to create a line break) -- and insert the 4th image back-to-back with the 3rd, they block as follows. Apparently, BBCode lines up images with their bottom edges sitting on the current line, as though they were text -- unless the tag is IMGLEFT, which causes the 3rd image to wedge itself with its top against the line of the top of the 4th image. (I have no idea why it does this.)

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Substituting a smaller 4th image for the larger one.

As before, using the IMG tag for images #1, #2, and #4, but the IMGLEFT tag for image #3:

And as before, I list the images with no line spaces between, and then delete all characters between the end of the 1st image and the beginning of the 2nd -- "back-to-back" -- but leave a newline character between the 2nd and 3rd images (to create a line break) -- and insert the 4th image back-to-back with the 3rd, they block as follows. As before, the IMGLEFT causes the 3rd image to wedge itself with its top against the bottom of the line on which images #1 and #2 sit. (I still have no idea why it does this.) But the smaller #4 image apparently centers itself vertically against image #3! (What rules are the tags following??????)

User ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image

Substituting a smaller 4th image for the larger one.

Adding the larger image #4 back into the block, with a line space between the other images and it.

As before, using the IMG tag for images #1, #2, and #4, but the IMGLEFT tag for image #3:

And as before, I list the images with no line spaces between, and then delete all characters between the end of the 1st image and the beginning of the 2nd -- "back-to-back" -- but leave a newline character between the 2nd and 3rd images (to create a line break) -- and insert the 4th image back-to-back with the 3rd, they block as follows. As before, the IMGLEFT causes the 3rd image to wedge itself with its top against the bottom of the line on which images #1 and #2 sit. (I still have no idea why it does this.) But the smaller #4 image apparently centers itself vertically against image #3! (What rules are the codes following??????) Furthermore, the larger image #4 now seems to center itself in the posting window. (Why?? -- it only has the IMG tag.)

User ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image

User Image

Not copying all my notes over for this one.

I moved the larger image down so there are 2 line spaces between it and the image above, to see what it would do. It moves all the way over to the left. (Instead of apparently getting hung up on the lower right-hand corner of the 3rd image.)

User ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image

User Image

Not copying all my notes over for this one, either.

Adding a different resize of the smaller image #4 (the enchanting Miku by the dark window) -- resized to be same height as the violin player image.

There is a newline break between image #3 and #4.

It offsets itself with respect to image #3. (Why??)

User ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image

Now there is one line space between images #3 and #4.

It offsets itself an extra line space with respect to image #3. rolleyes

User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Now there are two line spaces between images #3 and #4.

It offsets itself two line spaces with respect to image #3. rolleyes

User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Now there are three line spacess between images #3 and #4.

User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Now there are 12 line spacess between images #3 and #4.

User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Now there are 13 line spacess between images #3 and #4.

Image #4 moves all the way to the left, but leaves an obvious line space between it and image #3.

User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

This is what it looks like with image #3 and image #4 moved back-to-back. (No line spaces, and no newline character.)

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Image #3 and image #4 still back-to-back. (No line spaces, and no newline character.) And also, I've replaced image #3's IMGLEFT tag with a simple IMG.

The effects are the same, so there is really no point in using IMGLEFT.

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

I think the thing to do is simply to pack images together in a block, resizing them when necessary, and using invisible fill text to control the space between the images and to center the block on the page. With the ivory frames to soften the edges of the images, they look quite nice packed together.

User ImageFUser Image
User ImageFUser Image

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35