super glue 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 1 ]
me 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 9 ]

Friendly Gaian

10,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
For many a century, the land shrouded in mist was too dangerous to venture into. People would go, but would either not return or end up where they started. This land was called Περιττός. With the countries to the east warring, it had become difficult to travel to the lands beyond, which was a long journey in and of itself. But if they could travel through Περιττός, they may be able to continue their trades. The noblemen of Krael have put out orders to search out and find people that would go on this quest once again to try and journey through that strange place. If they are interested, they may seek audience with the king. This is not one man's task, so the king seeks a party to venture forth.

On the next post will be a profile template. It does not have to be used. If you have a special one you'd like to use, then it's perfectly fine. For the OOC Thread: Click

Rules

~ No spamming, flaming, excessive cursing, cybering, god-modding, really gory scenes, or fragmented posts (ex. *ran* as a post).
~Put somewhere in your profile or example something about magic.
~Do NOT leave someone behind. People have to work. If your character is interacting with them, don’t just have them run off in the middle of the conversation from lack of replying in a few hours. I have had college classes that go 2-4 hours long a lot of the time and work. I understand that things happen that make it impossible to write back quickly.
~If you are going to be away for a while, try to make a post that will make it possible for the others to move on, and so we don’t think you are gone forever. I’m not talking about ‘gone for a week’. I’m talking about ‘gone for a month’. That sort of stuff.
~Make sure you understand the NO leave BEHIND rule. I like to wait till everyone has had a chance to post. Then, you don’t have to worry about cutting off someone, who may have had a brilliant response. If you are reading this, you know to put a ‘Yolks’ in your subject line of your pm.
~Try not to quote yourself or anyone. It messes with tired brains and splits up new posts. It's okay in the OOC section, but not in the post. Also, little notes should be within the posts of your character reply, if you are to write one.
~If you have just a note and no post included, write it here. That's what this place is for. That way people don't get excited and find its only a note.
~If you accidentally double post, please delete the second post.

Friendly Gaian

10,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Profile Template

Username:
Name:
Race:
Abilities: (Magic, skills, psychic, etc.)
Appearance:
Personality:
Bios:
Other:

Friendly Gaian

10,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
A guard from the castle of Krael wandered around the fine and busy city surrounding. Carrying flyers, he nailed each on to different walls and posted around. The posts spoken of had glass lanterns on the top of them used to hold a flame for a time of the night. He looked utterly bored, until he caught the eye of a fine maiden. Hiding by a wall, and still holding posters, he craned his neck to get a better look....And started dropping all the flyers in the process. Trying to grab them in a hurried fashion, some still made it to the ground before he could catch them. He growled and ran his hand (along with the crumpled flyers in it) across his face.

He gained his composure and nailed another one to the wall, before leaving once again.
A few townspeople had giggled at the sight. Now they gather around to either laugh or shake their heads at what was before them.

"Another mission to explore Περιττός again? The reward is any request the king, his adviser, or the royal mage can manage they will gladly give. Like that will help! If they aren't just thrown back here, then who knows what will happen to them," spoke a man.

"It's most likely those who had not return ran into something and sunk to their deaths, the poor souls," spoke a woman.

"Well whoever it is...," interrupted a ruffian of the street; his clothes torn and as dirty as the rest of him. "...they'll be needing to head to the castle for a meeting. I'm sure he'll explain all that." He laughed maliciously. The two people left, no longer wanting to deal with him. He breathed in hard through his nose, a smirk on his face, and wandered off down an alleyway.

Aged Gaian

"I-is t-that a b-bear?!"A well dressed man panicked seeing only the tail end slip in to the shadows. Surely he was seeing things. Predators like that couldn't pass through the city unseen. He needed to calm down and have a drink.
"E~AHHHHH!!" Another screamed, a round woman clung to her husband as she felt rush past her a thick fur of silver and brown. The husband bewildered. "What is wrong with you woman?"
"I-I-I...There was a monstrous dog!" She began to sob into her lover's chest, frightened.

The beast mentioned was neither of those creatures. He turned a corner avoiding any more people seeing him, carrying the hind leg of a sheep in it's massive jaws. The fresh meat stolen from a meat market to help feed the new fox kits that were born a couple of nights ago.
He would have hunted for smaller animals such as rabbit or quail, but those were becoming rare to find do to human hunters. They had no respect, taking more then what they needed, and killing other animals for enjoyment. He found himself protecting what he considered his food. Lowering himself as prideful hunter to stealing from humans of their livestock.

The mother fox could not do what he did for her kits. To make things worse her mate was still missing from the night before. A rumbling of displeasure came from his chest. It was the humans. He found the father fox's fur in this town.
When he was able to escape out of sight, he slipped into the backyard of a abandoned brick building, the tall unkempt grass keeping him hidden. A smaller wolf greeted him at the torn fence, behind it leading into the woods and farther back the forest.

'Azreal.' The younger male wolf spoke with it's ears flat, 'Did you-'
'I found the vixen's mate.' The Guardian answered him. 'She will have to find another. Now take this to her.' The meat was given to the smaller Timber wolf, who did not question the other as to why he wasn't returning with him. Probably staying to find who killed the vixen's mate and take revenge for her. Azreal watched the other retreat in to the bushes of the woods. He waited there until he could no longer hear or smell the other, before making his way carefully back in to the city.

His pointed ears perked up suddenly, hearing civilians talk about a flyer a guard was posting around the city. It caught his curiosity. A mission to explore Περιττός and reward any request to the king? His lips curled to bare his fangs. This was his chance to finally stop the massacre happening in his territory to all the creatures who lived in it.
Moss green eyes watched the guard enter the alleyway. A flyer lay on the ground close to his paws in a small puddle. His snout met with the paper, taking in the scent, remembering it, and then began tailing the human.

The guard would lead him to the castle of Krael.

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Somewhere deep in the forest near the city, a bitter and unnatural cold swept over a very isolated region that was far from the reaches of civilization. The onset was gradual at first, but after several hours, as many as ten acres of land were blanketed in thick snow that gently fell completely out of season. The chilling downdrafts of supercooled air came from the heavens and created an icy wind that permeated the forest quickly. Though far enough out, no snow or ice could be seen, the wind was piercing and cold despite that it scarcely moved faster than a soft breeze. It would eventually reach the edges of the forest and slowly, after several more hours, encroach on the city. The townspeople would inevitably begin to feel the biting cold air inexplicably chilling their bones as it wafted into the city from the forest.

Aged Gaian

The coldness that crept upon the forest and the town made the very ends of his fur bristle as a low and guarded growl vibrated his neck. Something was very wrong. It was the middle of spring and suddenly the air felt like late winter? But there were no falling snowflakes. How could this be?

It was painful even. The icy wind though it was nothing but a small breeze that passed him, was enough to make him close his eyes and lay his ears flat. A gnawing in him told Azreal to return to his home and the other creatures to make sure they were safe. He may have to share his bedding to those that are not capable to take on the unexpected chill.

He immediately stopped tailing after the guard and ran full speed back into the forest. nothing but a blur as he made his way past bushes and trees. The birds above him chirped loudly and frantically as if to alarm him of what was going on and flew above him to lead him where this began.

Azreal was suddenly met with Sidh the alpha mountain hare at his side, the strength in her legs admirable to even hunters.

"Azreal!! Good to see you."

"Sidh, what is going on?"

"The skies opened up and this odd cold came pillowing down! It's making even living in the mountains unbearable!" She twitched her nose in annoyance.

"Tell those who need shelter to head to my cave, lead them there." His tone leaving no room to be defied.

"What about you? I know you are capable of many things, but this could very dangerous." She didn't like the fact he was opting to go alone once more in such situations.

"If this is from something that could threaten all of us, I must see to it I stop it." Azreal slowed to a halt causing the hare to slide ungraciously into his large ribcage. She looked up at him with her large hazel eyes.

"Just be careful." she thumped her long back foot once.

"This coming from the rabbit who nearly escaped my jaws." The Wolfwere spoke in the slightest of sarcasm. The two stared at each other for a moment, the predator and the prey, before she bit his nose and scampered off to do what he instructed. The slight sting he felt from her bite was comforting.

It was time now to figure out what was going on in his territory.

Friendly Gaian

10,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
In the town, and robed figure wearing all brown had been shopping, when they felt the colder wind. They looked around, noticing that people were noticing and rubbing at their arms as if to rid of the goosebumps, not really thinking anything more of it at that moment. The person did not take it as lightly, as the wind rose to be even more chilled.He shouldn't be surprised by the reaction. Sometimes the winds did run cold from the open sea, but even in with that it should have been warmer wind. Hooding themselves, they sped towards the castle. The king's wizard may know of something. After all, an apprentice should be able to recognize when something unnatural is occurring.

'Hopefully. Otherwise, he will be displeased with me again,' he thought and groaned. Blowing some hair out of his face, he tried to not think much about that part.

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
As though the glacier from a mountain had started to form at low altitude, the forest had become frozen over in the epicenter of the supernatural cold that appeared. The deep freeze had appeared so suddenly and so potently that there wasn't even snow; everything, the trees, grass and plants among the forest floor were all frozen solid in place. Some of the plant life that had excess water within its bionic recesses had burst and created softly twinkling layers of thin ice that glinted like crystal in the faint evening light.
Out of the dark and quiet forest, a faint flitter of golden light could be seen zipping up from the treeline for only a split second before disappearing into the night sky. Only moments later, there could be heard a massive sound like a cannon from the sky, which exploded into light for a moment like a firework of greenish blue light that filled the glade, a pure and blazing green light that grew and grew, shooting toward the earth like a dazzling green rocket. It could be seen for miles around in the deep darkness of the night. It zoomed through the sky and straight over the forest, coming down among the trees and causing the whole grove to quiver and tremble, all the woodland creatures scrambling to escape the light. With a massively thunderous sound that shook the very earth, the meteor crashed to the ground. Huge clouds of debris were tossed into the air from the impact that eventually settled around a gigantic crater. Trees were shaved clean from the earth, most of the ice that had formed having been completely sublimated instantly. Much of the area around the crater, the earth itself and even the trees, had been crystallized in an emerald gem-like crystal that shone brilliantly, haphazardly coating things and jutting from the ground like giant stalagmites. The crater itself was massive: as wide around as a house and just as deep. The green-blue light of the meteor began to fade away into the night, the forest soon becoming dim and silent again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff