Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
                                The ghost’s words turned from annoying to insulting, awakening Finn’s anger. Despite his better judgment, he addressed the girl again. “At least my family didn’t kill me with an axe.” That shut the girl up, and the male couldn’t keep the smug grin from crossing his lips. Was the comment disrespectful? Absolutely. Would he feel horrible about it later? Of course. But in the moment, victory was so sweet that he continued. “That’s right, I did research when I first came to town. The Millstone Axe Murder. The victim was… uhm…” His voice trailed off, expression shifting into a frown as he lost his confidence. He couldn’t recall the name, her name. He squeezed his eyes shut but the action proved fruitless. Though the carriage was now completely silent, he could almost hear the girl’s anger growing. A quick peek at her and he was sure that if she were still alive, her face would be red as a tomato.

He chuckled nervously, regret hitting him before the sound of another carriage arriving distracted him. He tilted his head, listening to what sounded like a small commotion involving a dog and a timid student; alright, it was only an assumption on his part that the person was a student as he had met plenty of timid adults as well. Nevertheless, his gut told him it was a student and a new one at that. The thought filled him with excitement and after assuring his bag was in his hands he went to open the carriage door. It didn’t budge. He pulled harder, giving up and looking for a lock before realizing what was happening. He growled, shooting the now beaming spirit a glare. She had switched sides, now standing at the door’s hinges, effectively jamming them and preventing him from leaving.

“Let me out.” he warned despite the fact that he really couldn’t do much to her. He hadn’t learned much when it came to magic, nevertheless anything involving the dead or necromancy. Alchemy wouldn’t do a thing to the dead girl, as none of the sciences he was well versed in would.

“Who was the victim?” the girl asked without skipping a beat, the whole carriage dropping in temperature as she stared him down.

“I don’t know but whoever it is should move on and quit botherin’ the living.” Finn shot back. It was apparently the wrong answer, the temperature dropping so far that he could see his breath. Then suddenly, the girl was gone and the heat had returned. He had apparently won, or at least for the moment. He had probably just annoyed her enough to give him some space, but she would certainly be back for revenge. He sighed, running a hand through his hair before shaking his head. He would have to restock on sage, and just to play it safe, get some flowers and visit the girl’s grave after doing some research. He wasn’t one to usually disrespect the dead, knowing what they had been through and were capable of. Then again, the dead weren’t generally that annoying. “Long, long day.” he added to his thoughts out loud, grabbing his bag as he remembered that there were people outside.

Finn exited the carriage, the door nearly slamming on him, his gaze catching movement about twenty feet away. He half sighed, half groaned as he saw the girl who was undoubtedly to blame, shooting daggers at him. She was clearly trying to harm him, maybe even kill him though he knew she couldn’t. A soul killing a soulless was not how it worked. He stared at her expectantly, almost challengingly, completely forgetting about the living that were surrounding him.

Demonic Wife

17,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Married 100
  • Contributor 150
Autumn's attention was brought to the next carriage that arrived, the door cracked a bit than flew up out with a dog came out first and approached her, Autumn smiled putting a hand out towards the dog.

As the dog sniffed at her and decided Autumn was safe a young girl stepped out to of the carriage and she seemed to have a strong connection with the dog that judged Autumn. The young girl seemed wary as she addressed Autumn, though she was used to this.

"Worry not my child, I understand the bond you have with your dog, she seems to do her job well. Welcome to Crimson Academy Ruki and your dog peaches as well..." Autumn trailed off for a moment noticing movement near the school, but than she returned her attention to the young girl in front of her. "I am the Head Mistress Autumn Kara, though Ms. Autumn works as well. I see we have a large arrival".

Autumn looked from the young girl to the carriage in front of hers and for a moment to the doors to the school that had just closed. She smiled and look back to the young girl, "You have nothing to fear here my child, no mortal human has stepped on these grounds in generations.. not since the people of Millstone, but alas that is the past and it will remain that way, the trail up Norton Mountain is on no human could survive and even if they did the last part of the path that leads here is highly guarded" She smiled again and gestured for the girl to follow him as the other carriage door finally opened, the semi familiar face of Finn was now in sight of Lynn, she giggled at greeted him almost shouting with excitement, "Finn!! You're here. I almost hoped you would turn up, though I recall you not taking so long" She laughed a bit and walked towards him.

Autumn was aware of her surrounds and could tell that Finn had something distracting him, but decided to wait instead of asking another question.

"Ruki my dear you can go to the main hall I do believe someone just made their way into the building, I will fetch Ederra once I talk to Finn" she said look back at Ruki and peaches for a moment.

Lonely Seeker

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image
╔══════════════╗
James Carter
╚══════════════╝

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Life is depressing for me.
Besides. . .

After some time of walking around James found himself and Oliver were lost. "You'd think following a map would help me find where i was going much quicker but apparently it just got me lost…." He said after realizing he was reading it upside down. He looked down at Oliver and sighed. "Well old boy. Lets just wander until we find where we're going eh?" He said in his old english accent.

James, after some minutes or hours (he was horrible at time and didn't know how long it had really been. Honestly it could have been maybe five minutes and he'd have thought it three hours.) Found himself right back at the front doors. "See Oliver what did i tell you!" He shouted with glee. "We're right back where we started!" The fat cat just scoffed at him and waddled to the front office, meowing loudly a couple times before jumping and pulling himself up onto the chair, then the table, then the counter where he stretched out and flopped over.

"I wonder when someone else is going to show up…." James said quietly before taking a seat in the waiting room.

Whats the point of trying to fit in?
When I am the walking freaking dead?

User Image User Image
                    User Image
                                Finn’s eyes narrowed as he stared at the girl, only to remember where he was when his name was shouted. He blinked, his mind taking a moment to even recognize his own nickname. To be fair, his friend in Napal refused to call him anything but Seumas under the pretext that he’d forget his own name if everyone kept calling him Finn. And the dead, even the annoying girl currently stabbing him with her eyes, didn’t mention his name. It took a few seconds longer than he’d like to admit for him to realize there were living beings around him. First in his sight was a teenage girl with a dog, undoubtedly the cause of the commotion he had heard earlier. It boosted his pride a little to know that he was right and that she was a student, a small smirk crossing his lips. A chill running down his spine erased the expression, and he glanced at the ghost girl to see that she had stepped closer. He decided to go with his first plan and just ignore her, at least for the moment.

He looked at Autumn before suddenly remembering that he had been addressed. “Yeah, sorry ‘bout that. Had some, eh, distractions.” he answered softly, smiling despite still feeling the cold glare on him. It didn’t help he suddenly felt another craving for a cigarette, just the threat of the stress of dealing with the girl causing his mind to crave chemicals. Though he knew the unhealthy habit didn’t do anything ill to him, a good amount of people did not like it. The least he could do was smoke in private, and when he couldn’t he should ask before lighting one. He debated asking at the moment but decided he’d rather set down his stuff before enjoying himself, well as much as he could with someone wanting his head.

He lightly frowned, tilting his head when Autumn mentioned talking to him. His mind immediately jumped to worse case scenarios, only to be stopped when the thoughts reverted back to his current situation. He refused to give the girl the attention she so desperately wanted. “Talk about what, Ms. Crimson?” he asked, playing it safe and being extra formal. Certainly couldn’t hurt with a student around, right? Though even he had to admit the words sounded forced. He never had done formal very well, nevertheless under stress from multiple sources. He felt a shift in energy and another chill ran down his spine, the girl undoubtedly getting more upset. Although he didn't react to it, the change only made his cigarette craving stronger. How many did he have left?
Ederra sighed as she searched through the last of the boxes that were now mostly empty in her large dorm room. The room now reminded her of her Clan. It was going to be awhile before Ederra could return, Izett would turn Ederra against her better nature if she returned home before she was strong enough to fight off her older sister.

"More people must have arrived, but I recall the warning of not walking the grounds alone... if I listen I will be stuck in her forever wondering" Ederra said out loud, for a moment she pondered the thought of listening to Ms. Autumn. Ederra knew it was the only way to see who add arrived if anyone truly had. She didn't wait another moment and made her way down the flight of stairs and quickly rushed outside. The wind and air was chilly, but it felt like a morning at home.

She followed the lit path until she reached the court yard at the center of the school, she saw a few people near the carriages. She walked towards the group, but out of the corner of her eyes the door to the school closed.

"I know I should go introduce myself to the new arrivals, but I am curious to see who made their way into the school" Ederra thought to herself.

She went with her best judgment, and walked into the school to the hall and to the right into the waiting room to see a young looking man and a large cat sitting. She studied him for a moment before speaking, "Hello! My name is Ederra Rose" she paused for a moment to gather her thoughts, "I am a new student here at Crimson Academy. what's your name?". Ederra walked a little closer and sat a few seats down.

The waiting room seemed a bit plain for the Academy it didn't have the same old feel, it was bright and modern, Ederra figured this was the newest room to the old school. Old and new truly were one at Crimson Academy, Ederra smiled widely at the young man waiting for a reply

Lonely Seeker

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image
╔══════════════╗
James Carter
╚══════════════╝

Besides. . .

James was never patient for waiting around for people, it really was part of his downfall. If someone wasn't there right away he would most likely leave or even just do it himself. Though sometimes it ended badly. Or ended in him helping out too many people for him to count. As he got lost in his thoughts and temptations to hop over the counter and look for where he was supposed to go he heard a voice.

"Holy dear shishus…. You startled me miss…" James said with a jump. Oliver gave a strange meow that sounded like a chuckle. "Shut up, you know how I get!" He hissed at the fat cat. James stood up and fixed his shirt and brushed his hands over the creases in the pants. After a moment he spoke once more. "Hello, sorry about that. I am James Carter, a teacher here. And this…" He paused pointing at the fat cat on the counter. "This is Oliver. He has been my companion longer than I can remember." He finished trying to recall what century it was that he had received Oliver. He believes it was sometime in the late fifteenth century, early sixteenth. He and his sister had had Oliver for the longest time. Though they could never figure out why he never died. James always figured the thing was a Hell Cat.

"It is well to meet you, Miss… Miss Rose." James said once again in his thick old english accent. He never had really been able to get rid of it. Though he did not quite want to, it made him different from the rest of the englishmen and englishwomen around. It made him feel as if he were not one of them but still one of them. Though that had never made sense to others he always got it. Him and his sister did.

User Image User Image

Demonic Wife

17,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Contributor 150
Autumn laughed lightly, "I understand distractions, have had my fair share myself in the recent days". Her face flashed a quick emotion, but she quickly gathered her emotions.

She looked around, something in the air seemed tense, though she couldn't put her finger on it. "Finn please settle down for a moment, I wished to catch up with you nothing to serious. I just know the Academy has been lonely since well.." she trailed off looking down.

Autumn heard the door to the school open and close, she turned a moment to see blue hair make it through before the door closed. She smiled for a moment, having students at the Academy was a nice change.

She returned her attention to Finn, "I feel like we have an unexpected guest with us Finn, shall we go to my office, the building is a bit more comforting.Plus we have to show your new office" Autumn smiled in hopes to relax Finn.
Ederra smiled for a moment before speaking, "Well nice to meet you Mr. Carter" she paused tilting her head before she continued, "What subject do you teach? Ms. Autumn should make her way into the school soon and I am sure she will wish to talk to you" she looked down on the floor.

Ederra's ears were a bit red at the tips, she finally realized the accent she was bad at hiding her emotions, but tried to play them off by looking at the cat, she squealed, " Hi Oliver, is he friendly Mr. Carter. I have a thing with animals, but never hurts to ask before approaching" Ederra said moving a bit closer to the cat, she extended up her hand. Her ear twitched and she remembered her flute, she wondered if Oliver would like it.

"Mr. Carter how does Oliver respond to music? I play to the animals back home.. its kinda a talent" she laughed a bit before grabbing her flute out of her bag.

Lonely Seeker

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image
╔══════════════╗
James Carter
╚══════════════╝

Besides. . .

James chuckled at the girl. She was a strange one. Oliver who sat lay on the counter now sat upright and looked at the lady approaching. He gave a loud approving meow and laid back down to put giving off a strange kitty smile.

"He is friendly, thats for sure. Extra friendly if you feed him bacon. Strange cat of mine… Oh and please, call me James. Mr. Carter was my father. And… Well we've been estranged…" He paused a moment before looking at the girls flute. "Ha! He loves music. He'll sing along when playing the piano, or act like a metronome when you're playing a violin or cello. And he's a great tuner." James laughed reaching up to rub Oliver's head.

After a moment James looked at the young girl, he had completely ignored one of her questions."I am a director in music." He stated clearly. He didn't much like the word of teaching music, seeing as he doesn't much teach it. Most of the time the students already knew what to do, he directed them, many into famous composers.

User Image User Image
                    User Image
                                Finn only nodded in agreement. He knew Autumn had to be going through a hard time since Lynn’s death. Loosing family was hard enough, and having to run an academy on top of that only made it harder. Honestly, he was sure he wasn’t strong enough to do such a thing, and he greatly respected Autumn for being able to do so. All seriousness aside though, he was relieved that he wasn’t in any trouble. He was rather fond of his job, even though he had never pictured himself as a teacher. After all, he did have a checkered past that was longer than the usual life span. And he apparently had a knack for pissing off the resident ghosts which always caused problems. No, he never expected to be a teacher nor had he expected to love it so much.

He looked to the door as it shut, catching what looked like blue hair before forcing his gaze back to Autumn. The angry girl was now at the doors, all but fuming as she tried to force herself into his line of sight. It seemed his lack of attention to her was doing what was intended, annoying her like she had been annoying him. He bit back a smirk, not even wanting to give her that satisfaction. She must have caught his lips move though, stepping closing before screaming gibberish at him. His plan had worked better than expected, making the girl so angry that she could no longer form words. Her plan had worked as well, Finn finding himself staring at her as he tried to decipher her words, his fingers curling into fists as her voice slowly grated on his patients.

Thank the universe Autumn spoke, returning his attention back to her despite hardly being able to hear her. “ ‘Unexpected’ doesn’t even start to cover it.” he muttered, accent going thicker as it usually did when he was annoyed. He quickly perked up though. “I get a new office?” he quickly questioned before smiling thankfully. “Thank you. And going t’ your office sounds wonderful.” he agreed, helplessly giving the ghost another glance. She was still scream at him, and he could only hope she wouldn’t follow them inside. He started walking toward the building, forcibly keeping his gaze either on the ground or on Autumn. “I see students have started arriving. Any trouble makers or the likes?”
Ederra couldn't help but laugh at James comments, Oliver seemed like a strange cat. "Well alright then James. I will remember that when I think of him" she said as she petted Oliver. This moment was the closest she had to being at home, where she could play music to the animals.

She took a moment to relax before playing a quiet tune on her flute. The tune was very well known around her village, it was a peaceful piece that helped clear her head. She listened to James talk while playing.

Her ears perked up when James mentioned he was the director of music, "Oh my! So I will be taking your class... I am so embarrassed playing such a basic piece. It just has always help keep me calm and the effect on animals has always inspired me" she trailed off trying to stop the redness in her face from spreading.

She put her head down hoping she hadn't made her seem anymore awkward, she lifted her eyes and head after a long moment once her nerves had calmed themselves and sat down in the chair near by placing the flute in her lap. "Excuse my awkwardness I am shy in some ways, I don't play in front of many people, I wasn't allowed out much in my home village" Ederra said hanging her low for a second.

Demonic Wife

17,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Contributor 150
Autumn replied before starting to walk, " Alright to my office... I do feel weird calling in my office though. It feels wrong" Autumn shivered for a moment with a twinge of regret for the loss of her sister.

She laughed hoping to ease some of the tension in the air still, the unexpected guest had caused. "Aw yes I feel it is right to give you a newer office sense we remodeled the school as tradition stated, Also James got a new office, though I have yet to see where he disappeared off to, I feel we will see him for a moment before going to my office" she laughed as they walked to the large doors that lead into the main building, The large hallway was beautiful and large and just to the right was the waiting room, it was brightly lit and music and muted voices came from within, Autumn smiled to herself knowing she was right.

"Aw yes we do have new students... no trouble makers as of yet, but I sense we soon shall have one. Lets stop in for a moment to see James.. I believe the first arrival Ederra will be with him. After a short visit we can go to my office" Autumn said pushing open the door of the waiting room. Ederra seemed flustered by something, before she got to wrapped up in her own emotions Autumn cleared her throat.

"Hello Ederra and I see someone finally found you James. You managed to avoid me and some of the students, I was just telling Finn this year you will all have new offices, and I see our lovely Ederra has been pleasant company for you and Oliver" she said welcoming smile.

"We won't stay to long, but do you have any questions before I return to my office? Oh and please remember tonight is the Welcome back dinner, I will be setting up a bit later for now I am open to answering questions" Autumn said sweetly look around the room, she hadn't realize how much her eyes weren't used to the bright lighting of the waiting room until now, she found herself blinking a lot in the begin, she longed for the candle light of her office, where she felt safe and close to the past and further from the future.

Lonely Seeker

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image
╔══════════════╗
James Carter
╚══════════════╝

Besides. . .

JJames gave a babble of laughter before trying to reassure the girl that there was nothing wrong with her playing. For he loved any piece of music. Even if it was simple. Because even a simple piece can have so much expression, so much feeling to it. The one she played it calmed him some and even Oliver had taken a liking to it. Turning at the sound of the door he saw Miss Autumn. He greeted her silently with a nod before looking at Ederra. "Do not ever be ashamed of your music. Ever." He said in finality.

Turning to Miss Autumn as she spoke and hearing if he had any questions he smiled lightly. "Yes. Just two, or three. The first…." He paused feeling a little flirtatious. "… Is are you seeing anyone? And if not we should have dinner some time. Yeah?" He gave a devilish smile and a wink to match. With a low and light laugh he moved on to the next question. "Where will Oliver and I be staying?" He said his tone almost full of dread. "And lastly…." He began, his voice getting quite low almost to a whisper as if the mention of the topic would bring unwanted company to the school. "… Have you seen or heard of Allison Jamie Carter…?" His voice cracked slightly on her name, but it was a touchy subject for him, so that was a given.

James looked over at Ederra who was quite quiet and seemed, well… A bit low, now. She had been since she had started to play her piece. It was wonderful to him, truly remarkable to him, but he worried if her past would stifle her talent.

User Image User Image

Demonic Wife

17,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Contributor 150
Autumn felt a calming effect in the air after Ederra played her flute, it felt as if every trace of other emotions left and was replaced with a calm sense of hope.

"Aw my dear Ederra listen to James, he is skilled at his job. He is the very knowledgeable about music..." she smiled she pushing her off her shoulder and looked at james with a grin.

"Oh well... I am not seeing anyone, but I am focusing on the school..." Autumn paused and titled her head Finn and Ederra weren't talking she wondered if it was uncomfortable for them," Your office and chambers to stay at are on the 3rd floor of this building, we made sure to make plenty of space for the staff this year, and as for your last question... I am aware of who she is though I haven't seen her in sometime. She was closer to the previous headmistress" her voice cracked a bit towards the end. It was still hard to get over the loss of her sister, and in such a tragic way she sighed looking towards around the room.

Autumn couldn't feel a bit of pressure knowing that whatever happened to Crimson Academy was now her doing, she felt obligated to find out what caused the end of her sister's young life and to answer some of the unsolved questions that loomed in the air around the Academy.

After a long moment of silence Autumn summoned the courage to try and speak again, "James would she happen to be related to you in anyway?"

(On a a bit of a side note, I will be taking a Vacation this weekend I will try and post but i do apologize if I dont get back to the forum as quickly as I wish to be, and the girl who Rps as Ederra will be joining me, but she promised to post before we leave tomorrow)

Lonely Seeker

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image
╔══════════════╗
James Carter
╚══════════════╝

Besides. . .

James once more gave a wink at her as if to let her know that the option was always open. Though it was mostly a friendly jester, he flirts with most people, but in some cases he is trying to be friendly. "We;; even if it is not as a date,it can always be if you need someone to talk to." he finally said.

James looked at her, seeding as he was a rather tall fellow he did have to look down at her, as he did most people. "Yes. She is my sister. She went missing some years ago and I caught wind of this place being the last place she had been seen. Her and a young girl. I was hoping to get a lead on that and find her again. She disappeared without a trace with so many questions unanswered." He said his voice taking a serious tone.

After a few minutes of this serious nature Oliver let out a ghastly wale that rang through the halls. "Oliver! What is your issue?" James said his ears singing from the noise. "Do forgive him, he doesn't do that often. I actually do not know why he does that…. He is a strange cat." James said after a few minutes. He soon turned to Finn and gave a friendly smile.

"Hello there!" He said in a rather cheerful tone causing the words to sound rather like 'Ello air!' and not as he had intended them to sound.

User Image User Image

[X] That is quite alright! [x]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items