Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which is your favorite (US released) Monster Hunter game?

Monster Hunter 0.16822429906542 16.8% [ 18 ]
Monster Hunter Dos 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Monster Hunter Tri 0.037383177570093 3.7% [ 4 ]
Monster Hunter Freedoms 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Monster Hunter Freedoms 2 0.046728971962617 4.7% [ 5 ]
Monster Hunter Freedoms Unite 0.17757009345794 17.8% [ 19 ]
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 0.57009345794393 57.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 107 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33 34 35 > >>

3,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I_Narsik_I
Ryu Kasaiyama

True, but I didn't have to grind for ANYTHING. That was all what I had at hand, save for a single village Ceadeus.

Mixed Armor contents:

Gigginox X Head and Arms
Helios X Chest
Zinogre X Waist

Volvidon Greaves S (Torso Inc)

Decorated for the skills.

Wait... you could just gem in rock steady into the full set of nox X, which is superior to earplugs and gem in bombardier with a simple 2 slot talisman too o.O (go ahead nd gem plugs if you can't make unshakable jewels)

Concidering the helios x chest needs 5 EDG's, 5 gold furs and 6 deus furs, and a zin sky emerald for the waist that sounds like a grind o.O

(Rust Dur and Lagi X would go nice with that gs too really)

Though I still think Myxo Demolisher is better, even with less slime.

All those parts were from grinding for a different purpose, I didn't intentionally set out to get the parts for anything but the Zinogre X stuff, wanting to create the full set and gather some materials for my weapon collection.

Odd as it sounds, I have a certain luck with the rarer drops. (EXCEPT THAT BRACHY PALLADIUM) That and I play almost constantly, grinding for this and that.

I'll eventually get everything possible, finding the perfect Armor Set for me and my proper weapon for every monster. My biggest breakthrough on what I have to use for a monster to wreak havoc is the Barioth Dual Blades and a Poison Negated Narga set. (As I've mentioned before.)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, even though Athena's a** will be my guiding light for now, I'll try out what you've suggested in time.

Married Hunter

14,000 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Ryu Kasaiyama
I_Narsik_I
Ryu Kasaiyama

True, but I didn't have to grind for ANYTHING. That was all what I had at hand, save for a single village Ceadeus.

Mixed Armor contents:

Gigginox X Head and Arms
Helios X Chest
Zinogre X Waist

Wait... you could just gem in rock steady into the full set of nox X, which is superior to earplugs and gem in bombardier with a simple 2 slot talisman too o.O (go ahead nd gem plugs if you can't make unshakable jewels)

Concidering the helios x chest needs 5 EDG's, 5 gold furs and 6 deus furs, and a zin sky emerald for the waist that sounds like a grind o.O

All those parts were from grinding for a different purpose, I didn't intentionally set out to get the parts for anything but the Zinogre X stuff, wanting to create the full set and gather some materials for my weapon collection.

Odd as it sounds, I have a certain luck with the rarer drops. (EXCEPT THAT BRACHY PALLADIUM) That and I play almost constantly, grinding for this and that.

I'll eventually get everything possible, finding the perfect Armor Set for me and my proper weapon for every monster. My biggest breakthrough on what I have to use for a monster to wreak havoc is the Barioth Dual Blades and a Poison Negated Narga set. (As I've mentioned before.)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, even though Athena's a** will be my guiding light for now, I'll try out what you've suggested in time.
I'd suggest Brachy's DB's or Bushido as those 2 DB's will destroy almost everything, and on Lucy, Slime>Ice by a long shot.

When you get a edgemaster+2 charm, you'll be able to get a set with honed, evade+2 (or +1 and a +10 2 pointer) stamina recovery up with no weapon slot, this with Brachy's DB's are amazing, along with the Bushido set.

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ryu Kasaiyama
I_Narsik_I
Ryu Kasaiyama

Mixed Armor contents:

Gigginox X Head and Arms
Helios X Chest
Zinogre X Waist

The only rare drops I ever get are fey wyvern stones... gonk

Married Hunter

14,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Married 100
Mahzuki

Those aren't really rare tbh yum_puddi

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki

I know but that is the only one that I actually get...
All the others never really drop where as my brother gets 1 or 2 every other hunt!
GIMME MY NARGA MANTLES AND SKYMERALDS!!!!! scream
Mahzuki
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki

All the others never really drop where as my brother gets 1 or 2 every other hunt!

Could be worse. The only items I'm looking for at the moment are S.Zin Skymerald and A.Lagi Dynamo, both of which refuse to drop. Both of which I need multiples of. Those are all the stands between me and having all the "best" Hammers, Greatswords and Dual Swords. Already have all the Switch Axes.

Married Hunter

14,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Married 100
Mahzuki
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki

Mountain Massacre is a nice quest for both narga mantles and skyemeralds, since its a potion carve quest, putting on luck skills will increase your odds. (you will not get the cap bonus for cappin them in this quest, though break rewards still count) yum_puddi
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki

Mountain Massacre is a nice quest for both narga mantles and skyemeralds, since its a potion carve quest, putting on luck skills will increase your odds. (you will not get the cap bonus for cappin them in this quest, though break rewards still count) yum_puddi

Actually as far as I'm aware, you do get the cap bonus regardless of the quest. Also potion quests are worse for rares, unless you can't carve them. Generally tails give at least as high a chance as capping does, and 3x body carve is usually also better odds than capping. To maximize chances you should do either a quest with 2 or 3 of that monster or a quest with a high base reward chance. And one where you carve pieces, not Megas.
Mahzuki
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki

at least I am not stealing anything... dunno why the game gives the other players the stuff you're looking for and give you like one carapace when you know there should be more than that... (example, barioth carapace x1 and no tails, and gives you a bunch of spheres and wyvern claws/fangs, which I needed the tails... lots of tails...)

Married Hunter

14,000 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Method1cal
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki

Actually as far as I'm aware, you do get the cap bonus regardless of the quest. Also potion quests are worse for rares, unless you can't carve them. Generally tails give at least as high a chance as capping does, and 3x body carve is usually also better odds than capping. To maximize chances you should do either a quest with 2 or 3 of that monster or a quest with a high base reward chance. And one where you carve pieces, not Megas.
MM has a very good chance at sky emeralds, 2% for each reward slot on line 1 and 2, which overall, is a very high chance, I've gotten a fair amount from Mountain Massacre, along with narga mantles snd rathian mantles.

Capping on potion carves really doesn't work, I'll go do Sweltering Showdown Again, taking into account part breaks.

If they really do add, I should get over 8 items in the break and cap section, hell I'll even use tranq master.

If 3 hunts are better, why do a majority of players suggest doing Plain Dangerous instead of the 3 blos quest for hardhorns? I've done 3 many times, and Plain Dangerous a few times, and gotten 6 from PD runs compared to all those blos runs.

Potion carve quests have a Very high chance of dropping rares, take Earth Shakers, got dumbolite, rathian mantle, styg.sky and brach pallium in the quest rewards once.
The skills good/great luck help greatly for these quests.

Edit: Sweltering showdown with capture master, both volvidon and g.jaggi parts broke (back and heads) All 4 were captured~

Wound/cap reward section: Slot 1: 1 Volvidon Cortex, Slot 2: 1 Volvidon Cortex, Slot 3: 1 Imperial Frill, Slot 4:1 Imperial Frill

NO CAPTURE BONUS.

Sweltering showdown breaking all parts and slaying all 4~

Wound/cap reward section: Slot 1: 1 Volvidon Cortex, Slot 2: 1 Volvidon Cortex, Slot 3: 1 Imperial Frill, Slot 4:1 Imperial Frill

The EXACT same thing. You do NOT get a capture bonus for these quests.

To clarify the capture bonus: When you capture a monster, you are given a bonus 2 items in the wound/cap section of the reward screen, say you cap a g.jaggi without mauling its face, you should get 2 items in the reward wound/cap section of rewards. Potion carve quests are not affected by this. (go ahead nd cap idrc, but if you need some megas go for the kill)

The base rewards are the rewards above the wound/cap section, for every quest, a monster material will always be given at 100% chance, take Earth Shakers, you will always get a C.Seal and 3 Pink ian/Rust/Brachy/Styg cortex/plate. Every item after is random. This chance of the next item appearing in the base section is 69%? (forgot)

Say after the regular set rewards I get a Brachy Pallium, I have a 69% chance for the next item to appear in the next slot, if it isn't 69%, I won't get anything else, this affects lines 1 and 2. (this is why I suggested the skills good/great luck, they increase this %)

I've done Rathalos summit (3 g los) a lot for mantles, but it never compared to Fate and Fire runs where I'll get mantles and a ton of useless Uragaan palliums.

I'm not saying 2-3 hunts are terrible drops, but if you're desperate or want to try something different for rares, epic hunting quests are the way to go. They have a big chance at rares, compared to a bunch of small chances.
I_Narsik_I
Method1cal
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki

MM has a very good chance at sky emeralds, 2% for each reward slot on line 1 and 2, which overall, is a very high chance, I've gotten a fair amount from Mountain Massacre, along with narga mantles snd rathian mantles.

Capping on potion carves really doesn't work, I'll go do Sweltering Showdown Again, taking into account part breaks.

If they really do add, I should get over 8 items in the break and cap section, hell I'll even use tranq master.

If 3 hunts are better, why do a majority of players suggest doing Plain Dangerous instead of the 3 blos quest for hardhorns? I've done 3 many times, and Plain Dangerous a few times, and gotten 6 from PD runs compared to all those blos runs.

Potion carve quests have a Very high chance of dropping rares, take Earth Shakers, got dumbolite, rathian mantle, styg.sky and brach pallium in the quest rewards once.
The skills good/great luck help greatly for these quests.

Edit: Sweltering showdown with capture master, both volvidon and g.jaggi parts broke (back and heads) All 4 were captured~

NO CAPTURE BONUS.

Sweltering showdown breaking all parts and slaying all 4~

The EXACT same thing. You do NOT get a capture bonus for these quests.

To clarify the capture bonus: When you capture a monster, you are given a bonus 2 items in the wound/cap section of the reward screen, say you cap a g.jaggi without mauling its face, you should get 2 items in the reward wound/cap section of rewards. Potion carve quests are not affected by this. (go ahead nd cap idrc, but if you need some megas go for the kill)

The base rewards are the rewards above the wound/cap section, for every quest, a monster material will always be given at 100% chance, take Earth Shakers, you will always get a C.Seal and 3 Pink ian/Rust/Brachy/Styg cortex/plate. Every item after is random. This chance of the next item appearing in the base section is 69%? (forgot)

Say after the regular set rewards I get a Brachy Pallium, I have a 69% chance for the next item to appear in the next slot, if it isn't 69%, I won't get anything else, this affects lines 1 and 2. (this is why I suggested the skills good/great luck, they increase this %)

I've done Rathalos summit (3 g los) a lot for mantles, but it never compared to Fate and Fire runs where I'll get mantles and a ton of useless Uragaan palliums.

I'm not saying 2-3 hunts are terrible drops, but if you're desperate or want to try something different for rares, epic hunting quests are the way to go. They have a big chance at rares, compared to a bunch of small chances.

Like I said, as far as I was aware the capture bonus applied to every quest. I'm not big on capturing things, but it just doesn't make sense that it wouldn't.

Yeah, MM does have a base chance for Skymeralds. But it doesn't for Narga Mantles, your only chance for a Narga Mantle from that quest is breaking the face. This quest is a bad example for those.

I was also under the impression there was a 2% chance per line to get a Skymerald at all, not one for each slot, since the data I'm reading doesn't explicitly state that. I'll double check a few more sources, if that's true then high base reward chances are actually better. Your right.

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki

Where do I get Mountain Massacre?

Married Hunter

14,000 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Mahzuki
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki

Mountain Massacre is in the 8* Port quest list, it has a Narga, Rathian, and Zinogre in the Misty Peaks.

Married Hunter

14,000 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
Method1cal

Yeah, MM does have a base chance for Skymeralds. But it doesn't for Narga Mantles, your only chance for a Narga Mantle from that quest is breaking the face. This quest is a bad example for those.

I was also under the impression there was a 2% chance per line to get a Skymerald at all, not one for each slot, since the data I'm reading doesn't explicitly state that. I'll double check a few more sources, if that's true then high base reward chances are actually better. Your right.
Never said narga mantles were a base reward drop there, but a good quest fo get narga mantles like candy, is Four Point Formation, especially if you're a grinder who does 4pt slime/arken. But since someone may do MM for Emeralds etc, they might get lucky with other drops as well. (for some reason I recall getting a Narga Mantle in base rewards once, gonna go try a few times to make sure I'm not seein things)

I'm certain the rewards are calculated per slot, hence why I got 4 hardhorns on line 1 of PD. ( zOMG I used them asap)

Brachy Palliums drop often in Cold Day In Hell, that's if you can deal with 2 G.Baggi. -shudders-

Though honestly, it all comes down to one thing, straight out pure luck, so might as well have fun and enjoy the game doing how yah do. emotion_yatta

Edit: Did a few runs of MM, sky emerald on 1st try but nothing else really so must be seeing things.

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I_Narsik_I
Mahzuki
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki
I_Kodiak_I
Mahzuki

Mountain Massacre is in the 8* Port quest list, it has a Narga, Rathian, and Zinogre in the Misty Peaks.

Dx I am only a 7* Need to hunt down jho but I want S. Zinogre armor before I take on that big butt head

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff