Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which is your favorite (US released) Monster Hunter game?

Monster Hunter 0.16822429906542 16.8% [ 18 ]
Monster Hunter Dos 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Monster Hunter Tri 0.037383177570093 3.7% [ 4 ]
Monster Hunter Freedoms 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Monster Hunter Freedoms 2 0.046728971962617 4.7% [ 5 ]
Monster Hunter Freedoms Unite 0.17757009345794 17.8% [ 19 ]
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 0.57009345794393 57.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 107 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33 34 35 > >>

Hello and welcome to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate strategy discussion! If you haven't already guessed, it's about Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate strategy!

No, I'm not here to ask for people to find me so we can play Monster Hunter. I solo G ranks because I'm a badass like that. Anyways, I've been playing for years, and I also played Monster Hunter Freedoms Unite. I also played the first one on PS2, years ago. There was no pause. It was insane.

Anyway, this is about strategy and tactics for fighting monsters. Nothing half-assed. List monsters, helpful skills, elemental weaknesses, what kinda weapon you used, what the monster does that one might want to watch out for, etc etc.

Good luck, and good hunting!

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
What's the point of giving strategies and tactics for fighting monsters if you're so "badass"? Obviously you don't need them.

Lonely Citizen

Considering there's people that like learning how the enemy reacts (such as me), I don't actually see myself using this thread. And considering the fact that there's already many lists for monsters, skills, weaknesses, weapons, and drops... I don't see a need for this thread. sweatdrop There's wikis for this sort of stuff.
I bet you use a longsword, casual.

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
werewolf226
Hello and welcome to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate strategy discussion! If you haven't already guessed, it's about Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate strategy!

No, I'm not here to ask for people to find me so we can play Monster Hunter. I solo G ranks because I'm a badass like that. Anyways, I've been playing for years, and I also played Monster Hunter Freedoms Unite. I also played the first one on PS2, years ago. There was no pause. It was insane.

Anyway, this is about strategy and tactics for fighting monsters. Nothing half-assed. List monsters, helpful skills, elemental weaknesses, what kinda weapon you used, what the monster does that one might want to watch out for, etc etc.

Good luck, and good hunting!

I play 3DS... Soloing G-rank is nothing to brag about because it's not hard... Except for Gigginox
first off, I use Switchaxe. I'm tryna get more into lances and S&S but since I already have such a huge selection of Switchaxes, it's hard not to use them all the time.

Secondly, I know G rank isn't anything to brag about. I'm just tryna be silly and have some fun.

Thirdly, I already perused the forums and found nothing but people looking for other hunters in their area. I'm not interested in finding hunting buddies, I just wanna talk about Monster Hunter.

Finally, I know you can find information around the web. Kiranico is where I usually go, but it lacks some information. As for the Monster Hunter wiki, the site is a piece of s**t. I mean it's a real piece of s**t. It uses more RAM and is slower than molasses in winter time. So why not talk about it on Gaia? Y'all wouldn't have posted if you truly didn't care.

And I might be a bit of a badass, but it never hurts to learn something new wink

Good hunting!

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
werewolf226
first off, I use Switchaxe. I'm tryna get more into lances and S&S but since I already have such a huge selection of Switchaxes, it's hard not to use them all the time.

Secondly, I know G rank isn't anything to brag about. I'm just tryna be silly and have some fun.

Thirdly, I already perused the forums and found nothing but people looking for other hunters in their area. I'm not interested in finding hunting buddies, I just wanna talk about Monster Hunter.

Finally, I know you can find information around the web. Kiranico is where I usually go, but it lacks some information. As for the Monster Hunter wiki, the site is a piece of s**t. I mean it's a real piece of s**t. It uses more RAM and is slower than molasses in winter time. So why not talk about it on Gaia? Y'all wouldn't have posted if you truly didn't care.

And I might be a bit of a badass, but it never hurts to learn something new wink

Good hunting!

...I use Dios switch axe when a monster beats me.
I have the Dios Axe too, but I try not to use it too much. I find it's a lot more effective when your allies are using Dios weapons as well because your slime affect stacks. So basically with more weapons, perhaps of varying types, you have more explosions. (Like one person uses a GS for the power, and someone else uses DS because of the speed and it makes lots of explosions)

I wager it's got the power of either a small barrel bomb+ or a large barrel bomb. Either way, it blows pieces off monsters real quick. As for how effective it is when compared to a weapon that utilizes an element that the monster is weak against, I'm not entirely sure how it comes up.

To word that differently, would it be better to use a weapon that explodes like a Torgue assault rifle every so often, or use a weapon with an elemental attribute that the monster is weak against?

When by yourself, perhaps elemental weakness is what you might want to go for. When you're with your buddies, slime is probably better.

That's the problem with a lot of these wiki sites and stuff is that they lack numbers. How much damage does slime do when it explodes? How the slime attribute number affect the damage dealt and how often it slimes the monsters? THAT'S what I wanna know.
Mecha Soviet Titties

Oh my god. I have been maining a Rimeblade.

Oh my god, I'm a filthy casual.

Aged Noob

Digital Equinox
Mecha Soviet Titties

Oh my god. I have been maining a Rimeblade.

Oh my god, I'm a filthy casual.

great sword mmmMMASTER RACE
The Longsword is a nice weapon, but it's kinda difficult for me to use because of the spirit gauge. The spirit gauge makes it hard because I get greedy with my attacks, trying desperately to maintain the gauge, and when you get greedy with your attacks is when you start getting your s**t handed to you.

I prefer the switchaxe because insead of attacking the increase the gauge, you reload it. Attacking doesn't recharge it, so I don't get greedy with my attacks. If anything, I get conservative with them, which--while it might take me a bit loner to finish the quest--I don't end up getting caught 'with my pants down' and I have less need for potions and stuff, which saves me resources and supplies when I got out hunting.

Granted you can greedy or conservative with your attacks while using any weapon, I just find I'm more prone to be greedy with my attacks when I'm using the LS or DS.

GS's are nice. Brilliantly powerful, typically pretty good sharpness and the ability to block. However the lack of weapon attack combos and attack speed is what keeps me from using it more than I have been. In fact I can't remember the last time I even used a GS.

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
werewolf226
I have the Dios Axe too, but I try not to use it too much. I find it's a lot more effective when your allies are using Dios weapons as well because your slime affect stacks. So basically with more weapons, perhaps of varying types, you have more explosions. (Like one person uses a GS for the power, and someone else uses DS because of the speed and it makes lots of explosions)

I wager it's got the power of either a small barrel bomb+ or a large barrel bomb. Either way, it blows pieces off monsters real quick. As for how effective it is when compared to a weapon that utilizes an element that the monster is weak against, I'm not entirely sure how it comes up.

To word that differently, would it be better to use a weapon that explodes like a Torgue assault rifle every so often, or use a weapon with an elemental attribute that the monster is weak against?

When by yourself, perhaps elemental weakness is what you might want to go for. When you're with your buddies, slime is probably better.

That's the problem with a lot of these wiki sites and stuff is that they lack numbers. How much damage does slime do when it explodes? How the slime attribute number affect the damage dealt and how often it slimes the monsters? THAT'S what I wanna know.

Each time the slime effect is applied (example being 300) the damage is added up untill the explosion. At least that's what I think.
Quote:

Each time the slime effect is applied (example being 300) the damage is added up untill the explosion. At least that's what I think.

I'm not entirely sure it stacks up damage until it explodes. I think the attribute number determines how often it slimes or how much damage it deals. But I don't think it stacks until it explodes.

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Did you know:
That the egg sack on the back of a G-rank Gigginox is a defensive thing AND that one can completely render that defense useless with the Flame Aura skill?
Mahzuki
Did you know:
That the egg sack on the back of a G-rank Gigginox is a defensive thing AND that one can completely render that defense useless with the Flame Aura skill?

I did not know that. But thanks for sharing. I haven't gotten al the way through G rank just yet. I'm stopping at HR 6 to collect armor and weapons, because I love collecting armor and weapons, and I vowed to get every set there was.

I'd seen the Gigginox with the egg sac on his back before, but I had no idea when he would do that, and I had no idea what he would do with it. Does it spawn Giggi or something? I would assume he would throw them at me with the sac...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff