Welcome to Gaia! ::

This one's hard to do with a mutant. xD Like... she's not strange for... a mutant, probably? But I probably do talk about her "piercing gaze" waaaaay too often.

3 min l8r - ugh this is long

Big Duck

Yeah, this particular litmus test is absurdly long, haha. I should have pasted a warning. Haha...

I don't know. I also don't think there's anything inherently wrong with a Mary-Sue character. So long as the writer doesn't, you know, buy into it too. It should be okay. I think.

mm, yea, as long as the writer can write...
it's not like mary-sue's really flood gaia like they used to, or so it seems to me. everyone's lit+ nowadays.
MOD NOTE FROM WOOF & DECAY
does anyone else want to post before we move on to the grey market arc? don't wanna leave baozi hangin' 5ever.

quoting bro & rasq 'coz y'all mentioned an inklin' to post.
BROSEPHIINE

RASQUATHENA

quoting baobao because sry for the wait ; ^ ; <3
FrozenBaozi

Big Duck

Yes. We're moving ahead! And yes, meeting Keon! I'm happy, Apollo, well, Apollo isn't.

But, then again, is he ever happy?

Dedicated Datemate

/ super excited to post Keonnnn~ c:

User Image

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

❤ ✑

LET'S GET BAOZI UP IN HURR.

If someone wants to post it up, feel free to drag Charlie around.
          She'll help Jackie mos' likely. Carry the tits to freedom! 8D

Subatomic Woofers
MOD NOTE FROM WOOF & DECAY
does anyone else want to post before we move on to the grey market arc? don't wanna leave baozi hangin' 5ever.

quoting bro & rasq 'coz y'all mentioned an inklin' to post.
BROSEPHIINE

RASQUATHENA

quoting baobao because sry for the wait ; ^ ; <3
FrozenBaozi
Mmkay! We can see if Loch wants to give a one-two to crazy nurse chimera lady before we bizzounce. (Amore is taking a breather, I believe.)

Anyone want to make the intro post for the Grey Market and set the scene? you can do no wrong.

AAAAND PLOTS!

I was planning on having Benny go to a guy in the Wastelands who makes her blades. She'd bring Kai along 'coz Kai lost all of her trinkets too, and the harpy would maybe wanna cheer Kai up/spoiler her after that last scary bit. During which Kai/Benny and Kai would run into Keon... cue cat mafia with map thing?

Was talking to Violin and if we wanted to make it more complicated, the mafia could also be trying to complete their map and could crash into the whole auction thing with Winston (Doc and Desken). Up to y'all, though.

Map piece #3, as of right now, is Apollo, Charlie, and Jackie (if Amore is busy, we could initially leave Jacq on the ship since she's been hurt and all).

Big Duck

(Copy + Pasted Message)
        Okay, so, tonight, the hard drive on my laptop failed and I'm fairly certain that it's dead. For now, this won't be an immediate problem because I still have access to another computer and, on weekends where I am away, I'll still have my phone.

The problem will occur at the end of August. I'll be moving back home and I will no longer have access to the desktop. I will still have occasional access to the internet via phone, my parents' tablets, and the television. Granted, this is quite a bit away and, hopefully, before this becomes an actual problem, I'll have resolved the issue.

Currently, I'm debating purchasing a replacement drive for the laptop or simply ignoring the laptop for now and building my own desktop. The cost difference between the two are, well, enormous (mostly because I'm eyeing an excessively expensive pieces for the desktop, haaa). Anyway, like I said earlier, this isn't going to be an immediate problem and, chances are, no one will notice a significant difference between before-end-of-August and after-end-of-August. But, just in case.

@ THREAD :

Yes, Grey Market planning! Alright, Brosephiine and Amore, let's plot and work out something awesome. ;3

Dedicated Datemate

Subatomic Woofers

sounds all handy dandy! c:
if no one else arises to the situation, I certainly wouldn't mind having keon introduce the Grey Market to us, especially with a wonderfully dangerous and bedazzling performance before le cat mafia comes around~

farewell sweet prince

oh noes! I hope everything comes out fine...
darn you electronics and your problems. .-.

on another note...
there's a very good reason why Rubbery Men are my favorite race in Fallen London. ;; <3
may we have a few here in this roleplay toooo?
keon will quite literally die happy with a rubbery man cohort, euhehehe

Big Duck

(Status Update)
        Okay, so, I've reinstalled OS X to my laptop and, other than losing everything on the original HD, it seems to be in decent shape.

So, good news: it's running for now. Bad news: I'm not sure how long this will last, but the aforementioned plan to, you know, replace the HD (hopefully it's the HD and not the logic board) or build a desktop still stands. But, let's just focus on the good news for now (and that I didn't totally jump the gun with my previous doom-and-gloom post, ha).

farewell sweet prince

yikes. hope it's just the HD! let us know how it goes.

FrozenBaozi

yeah, go for it! i'm excited to see keon. *-*
      might take some leniencies with time as I do want Benny to do a lil' shopping for herself and Kai first, but they'll certainly run into Keon after.

or maybe Kai could run off (knowing her) and meet Keon/see his performance first? Before the mafia comes and Keon runs off with Kai, leaving...
      Benny: *emerges from store* Kai? I got you something funnnnnnn~ *dangles miniature flame thrower* ... Kai?

owlsoulpumkin

I need this in my rp life.

Please Benny, buy Kai a tiny flame thrower to wreak havoc with.
      Also! I like the set up of Benny and Kai off shopping first, Kai
      can load up on a few trinkets (since she's pitifully lacking) and
      then disappear (bc enthralled by Keon's GLORIOUS pole dance)

Oh man, my bf's macbook ate it several weeks back too. But
      being the technogeek that he is, got really excited and bought
      some really cool SSD harddrive. SSD's seem cool, I'd go for that
      if I were in your shoes. Mostly because building a desktop is
      really pricey (but incredibly fun)

Subatomic Woofers

FrozenBaozi

farewell sweet prince

Big Duck

Subatomic Woofers

Same, haha. I'm hoping it's nothing or that the HD will, you know, be a trooper and stick 'round until I get get parts for cheap, lolol. I wish I still had Apple care, then the'd just replace it for freaking free. ):

But will do!

owlsoulpumkin

Yeah, I was thinking that if I replaced the HD, I'd get a SSD, but I was trying to weigh in on the long run. The laptop won't be "relevant" in another year or two, but if I build the desktop (the pieces I want and am looking at) are fairly "future-proof." Or so much so that, unless there's a huge, huge, huge leap in technology in the next 5 to 10 years, my desktop will still be beautiful, lol. Plus, I'll be able to upgrade it as I go along.

I'm thinking of, once it's time to get a new "laptop" (for the mobility feature), I'll just replace it with a tablet. But I'd rather not get rushed into building a desktop because, like you said, it's really pricey. Well, my friends' only spent about 700-800 for the actual computer (throw in, maybe, another 300 for monitors, keyboard, and mouse). But, the base cost of mine (before monitors, keyboard, and mouse) is already sitting at roughly 1,500... because, I won't budge on my graphics card or, well, anything, apparently, lolol....
entirely unrelated to everything but i just cancelled my netflix account and have until august 6th to watch whatever else i wanna watch.

WHAT SHOULD I WATCH?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces