Welcome to Gaia! ::

they look amazing !
do any of you guys want them as well ?
or own the bracelet ?
did you buy all the charms at one shot ?
or at special occasions ?

Eloquent Vampire

They just look like overly fancy charm bracelets to me.

You could probably make something almost identical with supplies from the craft store for like $30, rather than paying $35+ just for the cord itself with the Pandora brand name attached to it.

I understand that the materials are real gold, real silver, etc., but I don't see the appeal in walking around daily with potentially several hundred dollars on your wrist. Seems dangerous to me, like easily snagged or broken over time.
Jagger-Wolf
They just look like overly fancy charm bracelets to me.

You could probably make something almost identical with supplies from the craft store for like $30, rather than paying $35+ just for the cord itself with the Pandora brand name attached to it.

I understand that the materials are real gold, real silver, etc., but I don't see the appeal in walking around daily with potentially several hundred dollars on your wrist. Seems dangerous to me, like easily snagged or broken over time.

I understand what you mean
but I guess the charms themselves are much more beautiful as compared to the charm and trinkets you can get outside
and also to most I think they have a sentimental value
I'd get a non-Pandora brand bracelet. There are a lot of similar companies and independent makers who make beads for them, but Pandora bracelets are incompatible with most of them. Pandora beads are fine on most other bracelets.

http://www.trollbeads.com/ for example have some seriously interesting beads you'd miss out on.
Flynn MacCumhaill
I'd get a non-Pandora brand bracelet. There are a lot of similar companies and independent makers who make beads for them, but Pandora bracelets are incompatible with most of them. Pandora beads are fine on most other bracelets.

http://www.trollbeads.com/ for example have some seriously interesting beads you'd miss out on.

I just checked out troll beads they look really interesting
do you own a bracelet from them?
Flyable Heart
Flynn MacCumhaill

I just checked out troll beads they look really interesting
do you own a bracelet from them?

I don't. My mum has a non-Pandora charm bead bracelet with beads from Trollbeads, Pandora, and independent lampwork beadmakers, though. I don't remember the company that made the bracelet, but they were a big jewellery chain over here and good quality.
Flynn MacCumhaill

I don't. My mum has a non-Pandora charm bead bracelet with beads from Trollbeads, Pandora, and independent lampwork beadmakers, though. I don't remember the company that made the bracelet, but they were a big jewellery chain over here and good quality.

i do hear many good reviews about troll beads
sadly they only have a small store here i might check that out !
thank you (:
don't have one, but i would if they weren't so expensive.
they have a lot of charms aswell

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

9,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Meh, my mum really wanted to buy me one since they're hip now, and as nice as they are, there are more reasonable options for bracelets. Some of the beads are crazy expensive, and they never go on sale... neutral

Friendly Bookworm

My mother received one for her 50th birthday last year from my grandparents. She just asks for a charm or two on gift giving occasions like Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and her birthday.

She is a little tight budgeted, so we usually keep the charms simple and not so "OMG, she needs a random heart shaped one!"

Amazon.com has good deals on charms that will fit Pandora. So far, she's good. I plan to get her my birthstone (she's asked for all birthstones of us kids) and a Boston Bruins charm to wear for game days. (We're hockey fans.)
Michael's has the same bracelet for way cheaper and it looks just as good

just saying

Fuzzy Bear

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Friendly 100
I own a Pandora bracelet.. It was a gift... And no, I didn't buy all the charms etc. all at once, I usually get 1-2 (or maybe 3) charms on a special occasions..

Skilled Widow

10,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I have one. I spent around 700 so far on it.
The appeal isn't that it's pure gold, or silver, or gems. It's the fact that they last.
Sure you could make one yourself for 30 bucks, but you know what's gonna end up happening? It's going to fall apart.
I've had mine for about 3 years, I've never had any kinds of problems with it. The place I got it also cleans it for free so it stays nice and shiny.
The charms are SOO much nice than what you get with any other knock off brand too.
Like fred meyer jewlers has their brand, which falls apart. I know that for a fact. My ex got his mom one from freddies, since she got jealous that I got a Pandora bracelet, so she HAD to have one. What resulted was she lost a few of her charms over the period of wearing it.
You pay for quality. Don't wear cheap s**t, and it won't break apart.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff