Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
Qyp
Vertigo_Kiwi
I noticed that too. My theory is that Radagast is just going to give his staff to Gandalf and wash his hands of everyone else and go disappear into the wilderness with nature and animals and never be seen or heard from again. I just really hope they don't kill him off. I kinda like Radagast.

They can't kill him off... that would destroy the whole story, since he is meant to be in Lord of the Rings... not The Hobbit...

well, he wasn't in LotR movies.. i don't think they even mentioned him in those.
and we all know Peter Jackson is making this a prequel.
he wasn't scared to kill off Haldir in his first trilogy,
despite he never died in the books.
not that i'd want Radagast to die. i hope he doesn't =S
not just because of how utterly wrong they could only go with it.. emotion_facepalm
..but also because i kinda like Radagast too, despite they made him a bit goofy.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Hunaja-Mesi
Qyp
Vertigo_Kiwi
I noticed that too. My theory is that Radagast is just going to give his staff to Gandalf and wash his hands of everyone else and go disappear into the wilderness with nature and animals and never be seen or heard from again. I just really hope they don't kill him off. I kinda like Radagast.

They can't kill him off... that would destroy the whole story, since he is meant to be in Lord of the Rings... not The Hobbit...

well, he wasn't in LotR movies.. i don't think they even mentioned him in those.
not just because of how utterly wrong they could only go with it.. emotion_facepalm
..but also because i kinda like Radagast too, despite they made him a bit goofy.

Well he's basically the most naive of the 5 wizards...Saruman looks down on him because of this.

Benevolent Paladin

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ah, all of these amazing people notice the tiniest of things and I'm sitting there like, I like this movie, it is a good movie. /shot

Shy Explorer

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Hunaja-Mesi
Qyp
Vertigo_Kiwi

I honestly don't remember if Radagast was mentioned in the LOTR movies but in the books he was the reason Gandalf got captured by Saruman. I don't think Jackson will kill him off.

Dapper Hunter

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
You didnt know? Wizards like to trade staffs time to time!

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
The issue of Gandalf's staff not being the same is talked about in the special features on the extended edition of Unexpected Journey.

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
Arcoon Effox
The issue of Gandalf's staff not being the same is talked about in the special features on the extended edition of Unexpected Journey.

it is? i'm planning to get the extended edition, but i don't have it yet..
can u enlighten us, who yet do not have this magical version? =3

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
Hunaja-Mesi
Arcoon Effox

it is? i'm planning to get the extended edition, but i don't have it yet..
can u enlighten us, who yet do not have this magical version? =3
They don't explain the why or how of it, it's more like, "So... Did you notice that Gandalf's staff is different from the one in FotR? Hmm, I wonder why that is...?"

The extended cut also explains several other things, such as Thranduil's "white gems of pure starlight". Without seeing the extended cut, one would possibly assume he was talking about the Arkenstone, but he's not.
Bilbo explains in the prolog that Thranduil commissioned some jewelry to be made by the craftsmen of Erebor, and implies that the Dwarves reneged on the price in order to shame him.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Faun Goddess's Senpai

Adorable Treat

25,615 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I totally forgot to check Gaia and things.. @.. @

Elena Kiara Again
White Rider Pestilence
Gandalf fought the "Necromancer", and the necromancer pretty much burned Gandalf's staff to cinders. Now he has no staff, by the end of the second movie. He somehow gets a new before LotR takes place.

Yeah! I almost forgot that detail up until now, so yeah, he'll definitely need a new staff. Before, I thought that since the staff was made up of magic it couldn't be completely destroyed for some reason, but apparently it can! xD

Gandalf the White had his staff destroyed in the Return of the King by the Witch King, but they cut that scene out of the movie and it's only in the extended version. Gandalf loses his staff twice.

Faun Goddess's Senpai

Adorable Treat

25,615 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Arcoon Effox

Do you mean the first staff he has that's broken..?

Faun Goddess's Senpai

Adorable Treat

25,615 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Hunaja-Mesi
Qyp
Vertigo_Kiwi

Radagast wasn't mentioned or in LotR, to confirm what you say. Hopefully something good happens with him, I tend to think more negatively about fates with things.;;
I think they could've done a better job of killing Haldir, they kinda just went about it like it never happened right afterwards. I think it'd be nice to know if they did anything for him... I liked him, even if he was such a minor character.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
White Rider Pestilence
Arcoon Effox
Do you mean the first staff he has that's broken..?
Yeah; in the extended version of AUJ, Jackson comments about how the staff Gandalf has is not the same one he has in FotR, saying its deliberate. It's either in the special features or the commentary.
White Rider Pestilence
Gandalf the White had his staff destroyed in the Return of the King by the Witch King, but they cut that scene out of the movie and it's only in the extended version.
The first time I watched the theatrical cut (which I haven't seen in years now), I remember thinking how weird it is that Gandalf's staff suddenly just disappears (and later reappears) with no explanation.

Pippin: 'Gandalf! Denethor's gonna kill himself and Faramir!'
Gandalf: 'Let's go stop him!' (Has staff)
(Cut to Denethor dumping oil on self)
Denethor: 'Light a fire in my flesh, and stuff...'
(Gandalf busts down door on Shadowfax)
Gandalf:
"Stay this madness!" (Doesn't have staff)
Me: "Huh? Where's his staff? Did he drop it on the ride up there, or something? Maybe they goofed while filming this scene..."
(Gandalf never 'finds' his staff, still doesn't have it at the Black Gate)
Me: "Okay... WTF? The Wizard goes into battle without his staff?"
(Later, at the Grey Havens, Gandalf has his staff again.)
Me: "Oh... I guess he really did just left it behind when they went to the Black Gate. Oh, nice, he's wearing Narya, too... with no nod to it at all. Hm."

Then, upon seeing the extended edition...

(Witch King casts Greater Dispel and destroys Gandalf's staff)
Me: "Ohhhhh... Okay, I get it, now."
(At the Grey Havens scene)
Me: "Wait a minute... Now we know the Witch King destroyed it, meaning he didn't just leave it in Minas Tirith for the last battle... so why does he have it again now?!"

Faun Goddess's Senpai

Adorable Treat

25,615 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Arcoon Effox

Ah I see. That is good to knowww.

Yess, that was my reaction to both of those things.. Though I assumed, when I know his staff was destroyed, that he brought it back in the Gray Havens. Since Gandalf the White is more powerful than himself as the grey... There was enough time in between when the ring was cast in the mountain and when he went to the Grey Havens for such a thing to happen.. And considering his race is the equivalent to an angel, the Maiar, Istari being wizards, it seems pretty possible.. Not to mention that he said he went through time when he fell as Gandalf the Grey, he could have gained some way to manipulate time a bit, but then again.. At times like this I wish I had my copy of LotR on hand.. on o;;
me too i noticed tthat but how?????/ scream

Faun Goddess's Senpai

Adorable Treat

25,615 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Peyton Shey
me too i noticed tthat but how?????/ scream

We need to wait.. o no

Quick Reply

Submit