Welcome to Gaia! ::

Favorite Lake?

Bass'ken Lake 0.35526315789474 35.5% [ 27 ]
Port of Gambino 0.22368421052632 22.4% [ 17 ]
Durem Reclamation Facility 0.42105263157895 42.1% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]
1 2 >

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

To bring some discussion that everyone can get involved in that's not just another thread asking how to make or get some item from fishing which can be answered by linking to Gaidin's guide, I'd like to ask the age old but simple question to all;

What lake is your favorite and why?

I'm hoping for more than 1 sentence responses, so I'll start off with mine;

My favorite lake has to be Port of Gambino for a few reasons. The first being I love the sea/ocean and so this had my attention of a place to fish. It's where I learned to fish, I jumped past Bass'ken and started in Port so it's my true home. It's also the place I first learned about filtering and how to actually apply it to fishing because it's the easiest place to learn how to filter. It's where I also got my first gold trophy, more on purpose for the fact I wanted my first gold to be at "home". Of the large fish, the tuna are my favorite for their look so I love catching them. With the addition of Ironjaws though, Port now has sharks so obligatory ilovesharks addition to this post. The only downside to this lake is probably the rares are a bit on the ugly side (plus you cannot wear any other item on your head with them due to layering) and those balloonfish.

Dedicated Cutie-Pie

My favorite is Bass'ken For a few reasons. it's where i first started fishing and met a whole group of cool people. i caught a Candy Striper there and its a very calm and relaxing place to fish. ^_^
i do love the other lakes though 3nodding

Angelic Angel

31,125 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Party Machine 500
MY FAVORITE IS BASS' KEN BECAUSE I WON MY FIRST AND ONLY TROPHY THERE. BRONZE GUPPY NUBS. I MET LOTS OF REAL PEOPLE AND REPORTED LOTS OF BOTS TOO. IT WAS ALSO WHERE SHIRLOX AND MYSELF MET. I THOUGHT HE WAS A JERK AT FIRST BECAUSE HE WAS FISHING TOO MUCH AND I THOUGHT I WOULD LOSE MY TROPHY BECAUSE OF THAT LOSER. IT TURNS OUT HE IS KIND OF OKAY I GUESS. ALSO BIG MOUTH BASS' TERDS ARE THE BEST FISH ON GAIA BECAUSE THEY FIT MY PERSONALITY.

Etheziel's Husband

Sparkly Unicorn

My favorite is Durem cause it's RED! Also, Durem is where I caught my first rare.

... But yeah, Durem's colours is what drew me in at first, and though I could only catch pebbos, years of hard work and effort perfecting my technique, i can now catch the fiercest of fishies there, paying only half attention. XD

Wheezing Fatcat

I like durem because it's where the more "serious" players go-- since you won't catch shat there without a decent rod and some skill. Also, the more expensive/rare fish are there.

Interstellar Seeker

The Port of Gambino would be my favourite, purely because it holds some sort of sentimental value. When I was first starting out in fishing, I fished there using grade F bait while filtering out trash and sold back all the seedkin I caught to the fishing store in order to save up enough to purchase my distance rod.

I also met some nice people there and enjoyed spending time in fishing rooms with other people. When we were still able to name rooms, my room name would always be 'Gambino Observatory'. We'd fish and sometimes chat there until the game lagged so hard that a refresh was in order. It's also where I got my first fishing trophy from.

Someone called me a 'Gambiner' once. When I asked them what they meant, they said it was a name given to someone who mainly fishes at the Port of Gambino. I kind of liked the name and sort of consider that lake as 'home', even though my statistics clearly show that the majority of my catches are at Durem Reclamation Facility. ninja

Merry Traveler

For casual/fun = Gambino, it's easy to filter and I just love having bucket with a lot of trout and tuna.
plus it gives me less stress. I go here when I want to relax and just enjoy fishing.

For Profit = Durem...only reason I go there. Though my level's only up to catching biter...
pebbo and biter still give me more gold than other fishing spot. There's also charm of missing a lot of fish. gives me satisfaction when I do catch a good fish.

I used to like Bassken, but there's fewer people than back in october and the fish doesn't sell much.
I don't go the anymore because it's boring and the fish doesn't sell as good as durem.

Loyal Elder

I guess the reason I like Bass'ken is because it's where I started. Hell I remember the very day that fishing started. It was the first game on Gaia and I was so excited because I had just joined a month before that. Most of my friends complained about it though because they could keep it between the lines (that's what she said amirite?). I was so shocked to come back and find fish selling for hundreds and that the Angelic Rod was finally out and now I'm just reminiscing.
I would have to say Bass'ken is, because I am new and it seems to be the only lake at the moment that I am able catch fish at, I have not been able to get a Large fish yet but I know I will in time. Sooner or later I will move on and give the next lake a try when i am able to catch a big fish at Bass'ken. So for now Bass'ken is my friend.
It varies. At one time, all three were my favorites.

Port of Gambino has my favorite large fish, but my least favorite rares. It's also the perfect speed. Even if the game lags, I still don't lose fish often.

Durem is the most profitable lake at the moment and my favorite rares are there, but I don't care for any other fish or item there.

Bassken bores me, but I do like their fish and items overall the most. It's also the one I consider myself the best at filtering.

I'd say it's a tie? Not one reason I can think of that puts one lake over the other.

Supportive Backpacker

15,600 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Invisibility 100
My favorite lake would be Durem. I like it there, catching fish is always exciting and challenging but sometimes frustrating rofl
It may not the best looking lake (it looks like a large swimming pool for me sweatdrop ), but it's the most fun out of the three in my opinion.

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
It would have to be Durem. It's a challenge, for one, and it's where I did my first ((and thus far, only)) month of competition fishing. I made a lot of good friends that month ^.^

Dapper Puppy

Gambino for me. It is the easiest to filter. Plus, it seems like new/inexperienced fishers get the angriest there.
I actually love Gambino the best, mainly because I'm in love with the sharks I can catch there now, the ironjaws I mean. I love Durem too. Before my recent hiatus from Gaia I could pull a ton of biters and boldurs but since I've been back I'm SOOO rusty I haven't managed that.

I'm hoping with a few more days/week or two, I can head back to Durem and be successful again. They have the coolest looking fish in my opinion.

Shirtless Detective

7,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
I enjoy Durem because it's a challenge. I am ADDICTED to catching boldurs. I don't know why... but I have been this way since my senior year in high school. I have always loved them damn things. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff