Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

User Image

Dark eyes stared irritably at the pond while the wolf waited for the frog prince to emerge. The waters surface rippled slightly before a hand emerged, placing the hat atop of the figures head as it emerged from the murky depths with a disgruntled answer and an insult. A frown formed, muscular arms still folded over his chest, an eyebrow raising as he let Dresyk step out of the pond. "Don't test me..." he growled at the man, the scent of stagnant water and algae making the wolf crinkle his nose. He was never fond of slimy creatures but it seemed the frog prince was nervous around him anyway judging by the whiffs of fear radiating from the bandaged male. The frog prince had begun to explain there was nobody around when he clearly caught sight of a woman.....Red....walking away and fell silent.

"You're lucky she's a fable..." Bigby growled, straightening up to make himself more intimidating. His voice was rough, but he couldn't help but shift his eyes to the red cloak as it billowed in the wind, signalling Reds departure. Not a word....she hadn't even entertained his presence. Hunter must have done a dam good job of severing the feelings she felt for him. Pity....he could have used her help with the collar around his neck. It was a strange sensation, being fully aware of what was happening but unable to stop it or cry for help. He blinked and looked back to the frog prince who had let an intrigued Ooooh escape his lips before rocking back and forth. "What" he barked before the frog man tried to make small talk. Bigby huffed and was about to turn away when the question made him freeze and look back curiously. The hand gesture towards the band that lay just out of sight beneath his shirt collar....he knew what had happened....what it was?! His eyes widened in anger and surprise. How should he respond.....how could he respond?! HIs teeth ground together, his tongue just couldn't form the words he wanted. "What do you think...." he spat eventually.

His mouth snapped shut, tongue running over his teeth briefly as though the words had left a foul taste in his mouth. He ran a hand through his hair in exasperation before pinching the bridge of his nose. "Look....just don't let me catch you flouncing about in ponds in the middle of the day. Last thing we need are Mundys poking around in things they shouldn't be" he said roughly. He shook his head before fishing his cigarette packet from his pocket and plucking one from it's depths. It lay balanced between his teeth as he lit it, slotting the lighter and packet away before drawing on it. Much better....his hand rubbed the back of his neck as he debated what to do next. The necklace was burning a hole in his pocket, metaphorically of course, the crooked man would want this in his possession as soon as possible. With a defeated exhale, he tapped ash off the end of his cigarette and shot a glance to the frog prince again. "What you waiting for....hop along..." he growled, before pushing past roughly and walking off.

The cigarette was only half finished when he flicked it to the floor, extinguishing it with his foot. He groaned, a dull ache forming behind his eyes. The collar was driving him insane but he couldn't remove it, he couldn't ask for help or explain what it did. One hand rested casually in his pocket as he walked up the hill towards the path that ran through the park. Which was the best way to go afterwards...the crooked man wasn't easy to find. He found you...is what they told him. More familiar scents hit his nose as he reached the path. The wolf lifted his nose slightly before the breeze carried them further....two he knew. That scent of cinnamon mixed with the low tones of forsaken...Joelle....a second scent....wood and sawdust...obviously Hunter....and a third? The third was hard to pinpoint, almost a chemical scent with a sweet undertone....human no doubt. Where was it coming from....he turned and the scents all but slapped him in the face. There....stood a few yards away was Joelle. Hunter skulked off into the trees and he could hear him calling for Red, meanwhile the halfling was talking to a human. Bigby froze....part of him wanted to call her over. All it would take was for him to lift his hand and she would spot his movement in her peripheral vision. His mouth opened but he found himself snapping it shut....it wasn't safe for her to get involved and that dam collar was giving him a severe headache. Shaking his head he took two steps back before rapid footsteps made him whirl around as Puss burst out of the trees and tackled into him.

The pair hit the ground hard, the feline retaining his human form but having allowed his claws and teeth to show. Claws which sank hard into his arms as the cat tried to keep the wolf pinned. "Give it to me Bigby!" he hissed. Bigby growled, legs pulling under before kicking the male in the stomach and sending him flying over his head.

Rolling over, Bigby was on his feet quickly just to see Puss turn and hiss at him. Growling back, Bigby kept the scents in mind...the human couldn't see this so as the feline pounced he tackled him down into the trees....out of sight. No doubt Joelle would have spotted the blur of movement.

"And stay down..." Bigby's chest heaved with each breath as he looked down at the unconscious Puss. A few scratches littered his cheeks and arms, nothing serious. He looked a little dishevelled, his own fangs and claws disappearing as he calmed down. He hadn't needed to switch forms completely which worked in his favour. Shaking his head he tossed the feline into the bushes out of sight and sat down on a bench in a nearby clearing. The park was one of the places he felt closer to home....woods, open fields. Lighting another cigarette, he sat back on the bench after drawing a few breaths, arms stretched across the back, his eyes closing....a few moments of peace. His chest rose and fell gently, the wolf perfectly fine after his encounter. "******** cats...." he muttered to himself, cigarette balanced between his lips. He'd finish cigarette this then go in search of the crooked man....hands fell back to land in his lap, the wolf not bothered by the cat scratches on his hands and arms. Superficial....they'd heal in no time. He wondered what the crooked man would have him do next....what Snow would have him do.....he dreaded to think....

""Who's afraid of the Big bad wolf?
You should be...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry

[OOC: .]

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
(( I hope this satisfies everyone, otherwise i can totally edit it!))
User Image
User Image

xx just a parasite!! Human/Forsaken

friendtotoro etˊs get started » SHALL WE

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

She waited for his answer, waited with an uneasy feeling that caused humans to twitch and fidget like bugs under microscopes. But she also stood distracted by all that was around her. Hunter so close to Red, and Bigby just in a walks reach… and then there was… the gaze that bore into her with severity like no other. It didn’t leave her, and it felt like he was trying to unlock something… Pull something out from her. Her smile never faded, but as the man adjusted himself almost strategically… she longed for the presence of anyone to be back beside her. Towering over her like a shield or wall from the feelings that twisted in her stomach. She tried to swallow it, head turning ever so slightly to see the distance hunter had made between her and himself in search of red. He was a good man in that sense, wanting to fix what was between them… but obviously to overbearing to see that things needed time… or maybe, that was his problem. He had wasted so much of it… She smelt something.

Her eyes looked back to him, a shift in his demeanour. Curiosity… wonder. He was so hard to read, like a puzzle that was impossible to solve. And that’s what set her off. The thoughts and feelings and emotions of individuals around her through off what little she had to work with… It wasn’t wrong for a young woman to think of this as dangerous. A man, older, well aged and built, randomly talking to a young couple… no harm in asking directions… or so one would think. Psychopaths and killers are actually some of the smartest individuals in the world. Their brains working at a capacity that others do not, not to mention their ability to lack sympathy or empathy for those they kill and torture. However…. Joelle grew up with individuals like this man. Upfront, wonderous, mysterious, curious, somehow dangerous. Theater was all of these things, filled with people of all characters much like the man before her. Not to mention, most lawyers, CEO’s, military like personal, actors and such could be classified as psychopaths… Its wasnt wrong to be overly suspicious. It wasn’t wrong to take the full fledge approach of avoid, threaten and quickly walk away. But he was apart of the theater, which made him apart of the production “code” All members of theater are family. Jumping in and being apart of the family is what theater is all about. As, freaky as outsiders saw it, for Joelle it was no normal. Her father never judged a man, her mother never did either. Everyone in theater understood that every individual has masks and fronts… characters to play for society, and the man before her was no different. So, the difficulty was. Ignore the queasy tension pent up in her stomach or follow it and get out of this situation.

He’s okay… she said quietly, looking off to hunters direction We’ve been under a lot of stress. She had realized, how simple it was for people to pull you into open conversation. Her body reacted, shortening her sentences, before she realized the amount she had really wanted to convey. Was it wrong to give a stranger small insight into her life, a man she’s probably never see… taking the extreme, or the nonchalant path… there really was no middle… she shrugged her shoulders and looked back to him. Something was off with her, or the human before her… and she couldn’t put her finger on what it was. But it left as soon as he said, he wouldn’t need a map. His claim dropped her heart rate, and stifled the knots in her stomach. And yet, her senses picked right back up, as soon as the shift in the air hit. She watched him stop. Eyes narrowed, body tensed as he turned and shifted his position to face her once more. A facad returned instantly and she looked at him with a confused focus. Give him…. a ride. Um… Her head turned to look over her shoulder. You see, she looked back, and held his gaze… or maybe it was the other way around. The tension was coming back. He knew how to work people, as most people in theater do, but she couldn’t shake it off… couldn’t brush aside what she felt. She turned her head to look back to where hunter had gone to… nowhere in sight. But as she turned her head back, ever so slighty, did she see the rustle and pick up the voice of Bigby… it held her for a second. Starting to the fact that he… had been here. So close… She remembered the collar that was around his neck… the kennel they had held him in… Her eye brows were knit and then the wind hit and scents wafted and over took her. She swallowed hard and looked back to the man. My friends actually the one who drove us here, he’s not overly fond of strangers.

She took a step out, unfolding her arms to wipe hair from her face before getting comfy and crossing them again. How to help… how to get out of this situation. Was it wrong to risk it…? She could already hear Bigby or hunter yelling at her for going. Running the senarios through her mind over and over and over again… they could end bad.. or good for either of them. Was that something she wanted to risk. She couldn’t just wilfully trust people anymore. As much as she once thought wholeheartedly of people, looked past the bad and sought after the good… she couldn’t do it anymore. She couldn’t be naïve and just see the light. There was dark in all people… and the fact of the mater was, her instincts screamed bad in front of her. As if a billboard with flashing lights couldn’t have been clearer, her brain hurt from trying to ignore the lingering scent of death, and sweet fable blood… the best I can do for you is call up a cab… She looked to her purse and then paused. Her hands stopped and she looked up as if something had hit her, something had… blood… Bigby’s blood. She turned her head back to the direction she had seen him… and there he was, on the bench smoking with scratches and markings… from a fight of some kind. Her brows knit before looking back to the man. A moment if you will. she smiled, dialing a number she remembered seeing on a cab. Hi, yes. My names Joelle Sesink. I would like to book a cab as soon as possible to Red Brick Road Park. Yes. To the theater just close by. Yes. For a friend actually, male… yes, Thank you. Here she pulled a twenty and handed it to the man, call her generous call her stupid. My family is very much apart of theater. Call it a welcoming gift. Ask for Lumiere and tell him you’re a friend of Joelle. He’ll get you a seat to any show you like. She smiled looking back to bigby . If you Excuse me a second…

Turning, Joelle made her way to the bench were smoke billowed up and Bigby look relaxed on a bench. She didn’t know what she was going to say. Hi? Yeah idiot. Just say hi. No. She didn’t want to dive in and ask what was up, what was going on, what happened… even though she desperately wanted to know he was fine. She paused. Stopped. Gripping tight to her purse strap and looking at him… Did she Bug him… Or leave him be? Idle chatter or try to understand what had happened back at the wear house… her feet had moved before she had noticed. She stood a few feet away. Eyeing what lay beneath his collar… Doing okay? her voice was light. But concerned… all the things that had led up to this moment… her arrival in silverwood… her father making him promise, his own promise… the forsaken, not able to keep her mouth shut, fable puberty, stupid decisions, so many things dwindling down to this… collar. “I choose to be here.” His words echoed in her head… had he really? Or had he said it to comfort her. Protect her… Look I’ll figure out something for…. her eyes fell back to the collar… It had connections to Ichabon, to the people whom put him in that cage. She tried to smile. You’ve pulled me out of a lot, and I’ve pulled you through a lot… she looked back over her shoulder to see If …. (she hadn’t asked for his name ) that man was still there, waiting. She turned her gaze back, lips thinned before speaking again. Her care and concern genuine as she spoke again. That time… that sorry, I meant it for everything… but, at this rate I’m sure I’ll run into Ichabon’s men again. To entertain that idea, was not in the least joyful... but at this rate, how things were progressing... it was inevitable to say she wouldn't see him any time soon. bugging them about the collar could entertain the silence. Help to figure something out she tried to throw a little sarcasm in, make light of the situation but it was no use... but the words that slipped from her mouth... she hadnt meant them to. Red’s here…Her heart was racing, He probably knew that, smelt her... not to mention she felt a little sick saying that anxious why did i say that nausea. Wondering how he'll react, what he'd do... she wished in some way to take back those words… She kind of glorified the idea of the argument Red and Bigby had..., yet felt sick at the thought she had put her happiness, selfishness before his. Loved him properly… Red… loved him properly…? She didn’t have a right to question their relationship. It had progressed quickly but, so what... He had been happy…

She looked back up and held his gaze, trying to calm the emotions that’s swirled inside. Her sea orbs searching his golden hues, her senses reading his reactions.. We girls are stubborn, try talking to her… besides the sulking look doesn’t suit you. She gave him a teasing smile before stepping back to walk away… Don’t head to Gene’s. Ichabons there. Im uh, huuh, I’m with hunter for the day… She gave him one last smile before walking back to the man she had left waiting. Apologies, The cab should be here soon. I can give the guy directions, but I must ask Mr. She paused a moment to give enphasis she didn’t know his name. What brought you to theater, depending on your interest I’m sure Lumiere could give you an audition or get you connections if acting is what you’re after… Her question hanging in the air as she walked with him down the path. She had turned for a moment to look at Bigby once more… Should she fight harder for a one sided love. Something that usually never worked out… Or, help fix the broken pieces of one that hadn’t even made it off the ground yet? Her gaze turned back to the Leif awaiting his opinion and answers as they spoke.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

tab et to know »ME
tab tab xxxx▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅▅x▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy time is consumed with:
gingerdoll
Bigby

x nameless ballerina x
Leif

XxHyperactiveXPenguinxX
Red

friendtotorofriendtotoro For your concern of my safety im: In the park
friendtotorofriendtotoroMy mind is racing with: Men, acting… a lot…

friendtotorofriendtotoro Word meanings:

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro═════════════════════════════════════╝

Loiterer

User ImageUser Image

User Imagein the company of: .
                                      theme
                                      ooc: wee! so much in the park! LMFAO

The dog obviously took things much too seriously. The frog had been waiting for an equally as sarcastic retort to his comment earlier, but was only met with a defensive warning: don’t test me. Oh no, he wanted to say, but knew better: We wouldn’t want to do that. He merely rolled his eyes, shaking out his coat of what water he could. Pooch’s eyes were locked on the girl in red as if she was permeating with floral-scented pheromones, and if he hadn’t already rolled his eyes, he was sure that his irises would have been rolling back in their sockets. The girl in red that had captured the wolf’s attention had to have been Red, though he had never had a face-to-face encounter with her. And here they were, fawning over eachother and enduring their little scuffles as all relationships seemed to entail. It all left a bitter taste upon his froggy tongue.

Bigby didn’t have to straighten himself to his full height to be intimidating, as Dresyk was already shrinking back and beginning to tentatively step away. What? Pooch questioned flatly, knowing that his gaze that had lingered too long upon Red had been noticed by the amphibian varmint lingering in the corner. He only shrugged at this, trying to shove the accidental exclaimation back within his mouth.

He supposed that commenting on the collar that he very well knew about probably came off as condescending, and for that, Dresyk mentally berated himself for. But in all honesty, he had been trying only to make simple small-talk, as conducting smooth pleasantries was simply how he had been taught to be. He didn’t judge Pooch for making the assumption that he was trying to take a jab at him, but he did judge him for being so damn snippy about it. Then again, if he had a collar around his neck, he would probably be as equally irritable.

But Bigby wasn’t the one stuck in slimy green skin, either.

“Right, right. No flouncing.” He echoed, now wanting only to finish whatever tense conversation had bloomed between them as quickly as he could. Mundys poking around in things they shouldn’t be, Pooch had said, seemingly just as Dresyk’s gold-flecked eyes peered over the rims of his glasses to catch a glance of an older man nosing around. “You mean like that one?” He pointed out, but as soon as he was met with Bigby’s glare, he audibly winced, and his shoulders slumped again. Bigby was starting to light his cigarette, which was more than enough to send him on his way (nicotine was such a foul thing), but he instead found himself staring narrowed-eyes passed the cancer stick, unconsciously fixated on the movement of the man with the limp wandering just at the edge of the path beyond.

But Bigby’s growl was quick to bring him back to reality, and he cowered as the man pushed his way passed him. With an annoyed scoff, he sneered, Ahaha. Frog puns never get old.” Frowning, he dug his hands into his pockets and began to dart away from the pond, but not without calling back at the retreating dog, “I might ask you to come up with something a bit more clever next we meet, pooch!” Fumbling and mumbling in agitation, long legs quickening into an angry walk.

Perhaps he should just give up on people. Honestly, what was the point in believing them anymore, especially considering he couldn’t exactly look them in the eye (literally)? He wasn’t jealous of Bigby and his… Bigness (not in that sense, you perverts) — Was he? Surely not. Of course, of all the creatures in existence, Bigby had to be cast as the enormous and powerful canine, and he a slimy, fly-eating pond-dweller. Looking up at the heavens, he raised his palms in the air as if to ask the universe: WHY? Did he deserve this, really? Bad karma? He couldn’t remember doing a devilish thing in the entirety of his life before that awful day he had strayed too deeply into the lush forest that had surrounded his father’s kingdom. He wasn’t a bad person, and certainly wasn’t a naughty child.

He frowned. Well, perhaps that wasn’t all that true.

But certainly not worth being condemned to this, was it? As he was passing through the path, he saw the stranger with the cane yet again, this time, speaking to a woman he didn't quite recognize; and if he did, fairly vaguely, as he had likely seen her around town. She was alone, and seemed particularly... Anxious, if he were reading things right. He peered from behind the tree just aside the path he was on, watching the interaction take place; being a man of manners and principle, he didn't like it in the least when a woman was being preyed upon — There were obvious enough signs he could read that told him whether or not a woman was trying to kindly refuse company or not (possibly from experience, given his current condition). And though it was none of his business, he felt obligated to intervene; a man wrapped head-to-toe in bandages was always a good distraction. But before he could do so, he heard a sound coming from the path he had only barely detoured from, and quickly snapped his head in the approaching person's direction, slightly fearful that Bigby had decided his last comment wasn't one he felt like letting slip so easily by.

mentioned:
                                                            XxHyperactiveXPenguinxX
                                                            snow (approaching)

Captain Smily
                                                            joelle

gingerdoll
                                                            bigby

User ImageUser Image

Loiterer

User Image

The young woman before him was skeptical of his claims; but this was not something that often deterred him. He almost appreciated it, in a way, when others could tell that there was something ever-so-slightly out of place within the picture he painted; it made the game volumes more interesting than baiting a simpleton out from the light and into the dark. She answered his statement about her friend quietly, almost insecurely, if he was detecting things accurately. They were ‘under a lot of stress’, she put vaguely, and his eyes caught a glint of passing light as he nodded and responded with a simple, “I’m sorry.”

Because day in and day out, stress was that one prickling sensation that people of the everyday realm (and beyond, it seemed) sought to avoid; and yet, as all things were sure to decay, the uncomfortable feeling found them. Playing along, he had left their words at that, before turning to resume his path; but when he had turned back and made his request, he could feel the tension reverberating from her smaller frame, like a cornered fawn. She seemed as if she were deeply pondering something for a moment, and he watched those all-too-familiar eyes, as he, too, found himself deeply pondering over where it was he had seen her before. Usually, he was able to attach faces to names with ease, but there was something in his mind building blocks to prevent him from doing so; which meant only one thing.

She had to be an image from his past.

And this made him uneasy. Very little made him uneasy; but regardless of the unfamiliar sensation that had found him, he remained as he was, features a canvas that was absent of those troubles. At this point, she had answered him, explaining that her friend was the one that had drove them here (that being the male he had spotted with her earlier, Hunter, he was assuming), and that he wasn’t overly fond of strangers.

If he was playing a different character, he might have scoffed at the presumed insult, but instead, remained rather passive. “That’s alright. I understand.” He said simply, his voice a deep murmur; and, once again, light eyes caught the light as they grasped for her gaze. “Strangers can be dangerous.”

She seemed to want to believe in him, almost; there was a tantalizing light in her own eyes, as thoughts behind them tried to forge reality from fiction. Decisively, she offered to call up a cab, to which he was about to humbly decline with another excuse, but he let it be; nodding only when she excused herself to dial. His own mind was storming the barriers that separated his consciousness from his memory of his own past, trying to rip through the locks and find, exactly, who this woman was. He never liked it when the phantoms of his life previous made a reappearance; he knew that they could very well lead to his compromise in one affect or another.

But then, as she had turned and spoken into the receiver, he heard it. Her name.

Joelle Sesink.

Ah, now it all made sense. At ease with his discovery, his fingers folded against the silver handle of his cane. And though he was content that he had unsolved the mystery that had been considered a threat, he found it hard to look at her the next she excused herself. He barely managed a ‘thank you’ when she placed the bill in his hand.

She looked just like her.

Her and her Father. She had her Father’s eyes, but her mother’s complexion. He was never emotionally overwhelmed. Never. And the thought alone only frustrated him further, prompting him with the wish that he had spoken aloud to the lingering demons in a time before: he wished her dead. Was she not supposed to have drawn her last breath years ago? His jaw pulsed from the swarm of thoughts that floated around the corpse in his mind life flies; and for a moment, it took him a moment of remaining an absolute blank slate, physically and mentally, to recuperate.

And only then, did he know what he was going to do. Upon her return, (where she had gone, he could only assume; she had likely went to check in on her friend, Hunter) he greeted her with another smile. “Thank you again for this, hon. I feel silly for being such a burden.” They both turned to resume the path down and out of the park, and her words floated between them once again. Mr….? “Atchison,” He completed, meeting her eyes once again, “Lief Atchison.”

He didn’t have a problem revealing his identity; his name was covered by those that he was employed under. He watched, though, as the girl returned her eyes over her shoulder, looking for someone beyond the trees. Either she was still fretful of the nature of his approach, or it was something else; the longing in her eyes was something he had recognized in her own mother’s, and it had not been for himself.

Pushing that thought aside, he resumed his act, “Oh, I’m not an actor, no.” Surely not; he was but a passerby, looking for interesting hotspots within the flats. “I just like to watch.” Now, as they resumed their walk, it seemed he was being purposefully unnerving; his eyes lingering too long upon her own again, as if tracing the very details of her existence. Finally tearing his own away, he nodded to some obsolete space, “When I was small, I used to sneak in through the back of the theater and watch the shows.” Cramped in one of the side-closets in the left wing. “Before they closed it, of course, and I had to find somewhere else to go.”

He left thought that as it was. Too-long a silence took them at some point therafter, before his own voice protruded it: “Joelle,” He watched her eyes come back to him at the complete enunciation of her name, “That’s your name. Isn’t it?”

And as she greeted him with her own anticipated response, he deep hum of a chuckle reverberated within the back of his throat; mild amusement, it seemed. “I knew your father,” He seemed to be musing aloud, as if the fact was not strewn with its own complexities, “and your mother, for the record.”

Before she could truly react (whether that be a tantrum, an assault of questions, or otherwise), he added, “I think it’s best that we talk a bit.” Of course, the suggestion wasn’t going to be taken lightly. “But you look about as anxious as a skittish horse.” He fell back into his play; acting the part of, perhaps, a long-lost ally of her Father’s. “I won’t hurt you, sweetheart. There’s just a couple things that need to be said.”

”Captain Smily”

ooc: currently: at the park, Joelle and Hunter. etc: theme

User ImageUser Image

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
Hunter and Joelle

MyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoroUser Image

User Image

Red stopped and so did he. Air past his lips, but he never sucked a breath back in. It was like the day they had first seen each other. A wall had come and hit him in the face. There she stood, but this time, he didn’t know what to say. She was there, he had stopped her and for what purpose? What intentions? What could he say that would ever reshape his sunken heart? What would ever rekindle the flame that had kept his love for her so strong? And in this moment, as a breeze passed them by, he realized. Nothing.
                                          For years he had tried, decades of effort, and what did he have to show for it all. A friendship that was slowly falling apart, struggling to stay together. All this time, she had known and never said a single word to him. So what was all her affections for? What had they meant. If what he received was more than she had ever given to bigby, that what kind of relationship did they have? The ease one… How about the trustworthy one. The stable one. The solid one. The strong ties one. The loved one. The together through thick or thin one. The adventurous one. No. What red saw was the easy way out. The guy who had always been in her life, always fought for her, protect her, saved her, cared for her, watched her, loved her, been there for her… the guy who would lay down his life… he was the easy way out… because he wasn’t mysterious enough, he hadn’t been her mess up, her mistake, the bad boy, the what?

He sucked in his breath, taking the last strides to close the gap. A “hey” exited her lips and he stood solid, waiting for something more. No explanation as to why she hadn’t been home. No thought to the fear, or worry he might have had. One could say it was his own damn fault for wasting so much energy on a girl that might not give two shits about what he’d do for her… but if he had believed in that… the day she decided to play with the Big bad wolf, would have been the day she died. Because it was a day like that where he couldn’t find her. Where he worried and fear and went out of his way to look for her… “Hey”? A lecture… was that something he really wanted to get into. Piss her off. Tell her how it was? The problem was red never listened to anyone, so lecturing her, never worked. It just blew up in your face, not hers.
                                          He adjusted his shoulders and dropped his head, folding his arms as he always did when things just didn’t sit right. He sighed. Why bother why start. Fix their friendship, and from there. It Probably wouldn’t go far. He had made his declaration. He was done. Was he really. Could he really throw away decades of emotion… he had tried that…the attempts were never successful… but now that he knew she didn’t love him… could he do it!?
                                          I’m glad, you’re fine. You being at home would have made this easier though… he was catching a glint in her eyes. Whether it said she didn’t want to be here, listening to this “lecture”. Or here in his presence, he continued on. I’m not going to preach. I did enough of it last night. he really looked at her. Unaware of Bigby’s presence, still aware that Joelle was off talking with some stranger, he looked over his shoulder. He couldn’t see her and that made him antsy. I never gave you a chance to speak.. I blew up. And I apologize. I was wrong for that. But I need to know Red. Why you never said anything to me before. You tell me you knew I loved you. So why. Why am I the easy way out? It wasn’t anger, it was a desperate plea that filled his voice. A longing to know and understand where it was he had gone wrong. Where he had made a mistake, missed his flaw and continued on thinking there would be a positive outcome.

(( You can leave him after this  and then see bigby. ))

Loyal Conversationalist

User Image
User Image

Located: The Forest || Company: Hunter --> Alone --> Bigby || Thoughts: What the hell is happening?

Damn. Ruby thought she had gotten away without being seen, but the second she head Hunter's voice she sighed. Her steps faltered slightly and her pace slowed. Did she want to talk with Hunter? She just blew off Bigby because she didn't want to talk with him, and now here was Hunter. Did she want to talk to him? She felt like she needed to, but she really just wanted to be alone. Her cloak flowed behind her lightly as she finally came to a stop and hung her head. What was she doing? Red sighed quietly then looked back at Hunter. "Hey." she said quietly and waited for him to come up beside her. What was she supposed to say to him? What was she even supposed to feel? He basically said that he wasn't going to come to her anymore, it was going to be her responsibility to go to him... yet here he was? She heard some kind of commotion behind them that sounded like Bigby and someone else. Her attention was now focused toward what was going on in the cover of the trees behind them and not on Hunter. Hopefully he wouldn't notice that her attention was elsewhere though. She waited for him to speak and simply looked up at him.

What was she expecting? She was certainly expecting to get a talking to, not that she wanted it, but it was typical 'Big Brother' Hunter. He repeated her word and her green eyes dropped. What was he wanting from her? What did he want her to say? Red had said everything on her mind that she'd ever wanted to say, but he seemed as though he still had questions he wanted to ask her. Her arms crossed behind her back under her cloak and her fingers hooked and unhooked from themselves. One shoulder went up in a half assed shrug as he spoke first. "Guess I got scared." She said quietly, she glanced up at him and her heart fell. She felt so dejected. Here, standing before her, was what she'd always wanted. Comfort, a good time, someone to listen to her, someone who would do anything for her and yet she still turned him away, and for what? To go chase after someone who practically always hated her? What was she doing? Her head shook as his words about the previous went in one ear and out the other. Now he was turning all attention on her and wanted to hear from her, he wanted to hear what she didn't want to say. She didn't have a good reason.

Once again her shoulder shrug. "I deserved it." Was all she said for the time being. Her eyes went to the ground and a heavy sigh came from her. "I don't have an explanation for that." She said after a long silence. She had watched Joelle head her way out of sight, obviously to go see Bigby, where she wanted to go.... wanted to be. But there was no reason for her to go to him. He didn't want her. Right now she had to focus on who was in front of her. Hunter. He was the one who she was speaking with now and she had to keep her mind on him. Was she to give him the 'it's not you it's me' spiel? Or something else? What was she supposed to say to someone who wanted a very direct answer when she didn't have one? Her mouth opened to speak but the words failed her. There was literally nothing that she could have said to make him feel good about himself. So she did the first thing she could think of that would possibly start to mend whatever was happening between the two of them. She took the steps forward that she needed to to close the gap between them and she pulled her arms out from behind her back.

Red's arms wrapped around Hunter's waist and she placed her head against his chest. Her cheek nuzzled in against his chest then she turned to place her forehead against him and she tapped her head once, lightly, against his sternum. "I'm sorry." Her hands curled tightly in his shirt for a split second then she pulled her head back from him, let his shirt go and turned from him. She didn't want him to see her face, she wasn't in the best shape to look him in the face right now. She swallowed hard and grabbed the edge of her cloak to flip around with her. It was somewhat of a villainous move. But she'd heard the saying "you either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." So she was almost half way there for the villain side. Her arms crossed in front of her stomach and she held onto her elbows, her "comfort blanket" stance. Whenever she got nervous or felt bad for one reason or another that was her go-to arm position. She sighed quietly and walked away from Hunter. There was nothing more she could do for them right now other than let time mend things. Hopefully that would work.

With her arms crossed she walked, eyes down, along the path. Her feet lead her off of the trail and into the cover of the woods that were close by. A nice walk was usually good for clearing the mind. At least she thought so. Unless you ended up finding someone else who was doing the same thing. Red saw the feet of the person in front of her before anything else and had to back peddle to keep from running into him. She knew those shoes. Her eyes raised and she groaned quietly to herself. She just couldn't seem to get away from anyone, could she? Well now she was here she couldn't just walk off without saying anything, it would be rude. So she picked up the same technique she did from earlier. "Hey." She said quietly then took a step back from him and made sure that she had put the space between them that she assumed he would have wanted. "Sorry for ignoring you earlier... I wasn't really in the state of mind to talk." Not like she was right now either, but it was part of the reason why she picked her words so carefully. Her teeth chewed on her bottom lip gently as she looked at him. He seemed almost like her. He was upset about something and that made her feel bad for practically running into him.

Her eyebrow raised at him slightly and she waited for him to say something, anything. "So uh... you and Joelle getting along well?" She asked somewhat awkwardly, what was wrong with her? Why was she acting like this, throwing out questions about someone else? Perhaps it was the only way she could think to communicate at this point in time but she didn't really care, did she? Red wanted to be alone, she needed to figure out some things and that wasn't going to happen if she was standing around trying to make awkward conversations with Bigby. Suddenly something caught Red's eye and she acted upon impulse. Her hand reached up to smooth down the collar of Bigby's shirt and her fingers grazed against something hard before she felt his fingers curl around her wrist with lightening speed and pull her hand back. Her eyes became concerned and she looked up at him. "I was just trying to smooth out your collar, you don't need to freak out." Now she was curious. What had she touched under his shirt? His hand let go of her and she rubbed her wrist lightly with one hand. Who was Red if she didn't push the boundaries? Her hand reached up once more to try and see if she could figure out what was under his collar. She could have just asked about it, but what she had done gained a reaction that she hadn't expected.

Red was soon gasping for air as she felt Bigby's hand around her throat as he hauled her up into the air. Her feet dangled as they tried to touch the ground. What was up with him? Given she shouldn't have done what she did, but seriously? Her hands grabbed onto his and she tried to pull herself up to get the pressure off of her throat. "Bigby.... what..." She tried to get out the words but she couldn't. Her eyes began to water from the panic that was now setting into her system. "Bigby, you're hurtin..." Her words cut off once more as she tried to plead with him. Was this really over what was under his shirt? He wasn't wearing that blasted collar again, was he? The one that that old lady gave him? No, it couldn't have been. He never wore it when he was in his human state, he just carried it around in his pocket. Had he gone so far over the deep end that he was now wearing it and trying to kill Red just for touching it? She had no idea, but if he didn't let her go soon then she was going to be passed out cold and then he was going to have to deal with her unconscious body, that or just leave her wherever she fell. Which right about now she wouldn't put it past him.

User Image

User Image

Soft footsteps approached the wolf as he enjoyed a few moments of peace. The cinnamonish forsaken smell invaded his nose and in all honesty made him feel a little uneasy. It was not a natural scent and no amount of cigarette smoking was going to dull the taste it left in the back of his throat. One may liken it to licking envelopes for hours or foul tasting medicine. He felt the halflings shadow loom over him, hovering silently. He withdrew the cigarette from his lips, letting an eye open to look at her before he exhaled and flicked the ash off the end and stubbing it out on the arm of the bench just as Joelle spoke. Doing ok....was he doing ok?

He raised an eyebrow at her quizzically before smirking and looking down briefly "Yeah....i'm doing ok" he said roughly, clearing his throat and looking back to her. The gentle brown almost amber orbs she would know were solely black, the collar eating away at his will power. "You'd think I was diseased.... Everyone asking how I am today" he grumbled. Her gaze bore down at his neck, at the black band that lay just below his shirt collar. His hands moved up, adjusting his collar and tightening his tie slightly to hide it from view. "Staring is a rude trait Joelle.... A trait adopted by hunters....and I doubt very much you're hunting me...." There was a menacing undertone to his words. If she were hunting him he wouldn't hesitate to hunt her back....and his wrath would more merciless.

And so the rambling began....the wolf leant back against the bench, hand covering his eyes as though he were blocking out the sun. He let her speak....talking about finding a solution and reiterating her apology. She'd help him? The collar nearly caused a knee jerk reaction which he bit back on, his gaze shifting to her coldly. He let out a brief chuckle before standing, looming over her "Let's get things straight.... " he growled. "I don't need help. I'm fine as I am. I'm doing my job and I enjoy my job. I don't need some has been halfling offering help in situations she doesn't understand" his voice was a low snarl, canines glinting briefly. He had leant down to meet her gaze "You want to help? Leave me alone....and disappear" he spat. "I don't need help and I certainly don't need a nobody like you chasing my tail like a love sick pup. Go crawl back into the hole you crawled from..." he snarled before pulling back and folding his arms.

His stance all but strengthened the words he had spat. The collar was doing wonders and inside the wolf was howling in rage. This was old style Bigby, the wolf that had come from the homelands years ago....standard no ******** giving Bigby.

Red was here..."I know she is..." he muttered before his hand went back to his forehead as she made a small joke about sulking. "I think it'd be best if you left now Joelle. I'm not in the mood for your stupid games...." he growled, cold eyes watching her leave...making sure she left. "******** hell..." he exhaled before walking off slowly into the woods, one hand resting casually in his trouser pocket. He was agitated, his stance giving it all away at a glance. Feet were not light as he walked through the trees, his gaze fixed on the floor, his mind wandering. He felt so torn...he could barely think straight.....how he wished he could just rip the collar- he grunted in pain as pain shot through it, reminding him how pathetic he was now....he was a prisoner...unable to ask for help or think of escape. How he would make the crooked man pay for this humiliation...

He kept walking and only caught the scent of apples when it nearly walked into him. He stepped backwards, about to snap at the female for not watching where she was going when the flash of her red cloak silenced him, gaze locking on hers. Red....she seemed withdrawn....nervous, accentuated by her step back. Thankfully she spoke first...breaking the silence with her greeting before apologising for not addressing him earlier. Bigby shook his head "It's fine, I was busy anyway" he said roughly scratching the side of his face. When did things get so awkward between them, it was only the other week they were in each others arms....getting to know each other more intimately. His gaze eyed her up and down, admiring every curve of her body, she was so beautiful and so deserving of someone who could make her happy. He rubbed the spot between his eyes to stop his thoughts and soothe the headache forming before she spoke again.

Joelle? The wolf exhaled in what could have been mistaken as an amused huff. "I wouldn't say we're getting on at all" he muttered, looking to the distance. "Probably for the best....I can't risk her life anymore. She's paid enough for her involvement in our world..." he said quietly. He rubbed at his jaw "Things have gotten so ******** up Red....I could really use-" he saw her movement a fraction too late. Her hand brushed against his shirt to smooth it out but her fingers grazed the black collar. Something sparked and out of instinct his hand grabbed her wrist tightly, keeping it away, his eyes bearing into hers "What are you doing...." he snarled coldly, ignoring the concerned look in her eyes. His brows pulled together in a frown as she explained she was smoothing out his shirt collar....telling him to calm down. He exhaled through his nose and released his grip on her hand quickly "I'm sorry" he muttered as she rubbed at her wrist. "Just on edge today...." he lied looking round. "Probably best you don't touch me....I'm not exactly playing nice today" he said.

Her fingers touched the collar beneath his shirt, causing a knee jerk reaction. He turned on her with a snarl, hand latching around her throat and lifting the small female clear off the ground. Her legs kicked at the air, hands clawing at his large paw around her throat. He snarled at her, looking almost feral, grip around her fragile neck tightening. "I told you not to touch!" he growled "You never ******** listen...." he snarled viciously. Red's eyes were watering, her complexion paling, he could smell her fear, the sweat forming on her body so sweet.....the fear in her eyes. Just tightening his hand....he could snap her tiny neck and feast on her small body....a smirk tugged at his lips as his grip slowly tightened. "Bigby, you're hurtin-" her words seemed to fall on deaf ears, the gasping noises that she emitted as his hand cut off her air was the deal breaker though.

He seemed to snap back to himself, looking at the paling female in his grip before his eyes widened and he dropped her suddenly to the floor, stepping back and watching her gasp and wheeze for breath."Red...." he said, a small amount of concern in his tone. "s**t.......I'm sorry....I didn't mean it...." he said, edging closer before crouching down close, offering her his hand. His brows pulled together, concerned for her, the brow eyes that usually glowed with warmth solely black....looking out of place. Now she would fear him...he needed to make her see is actions were not his own.

He couldn't explain the collar wouldn't allow it. What then....he had no paper to write....she wouldn't deduce it without seeing Joelle and he didn't know where the halfling was nor if she had been in a state to remember the collars purpose. Then it hit him...he strode towards her quickly, large hands pinning her hands to her side before he pressed his lips to hers roughly, giving it a moment before releasing his grip, careful to guide her hands away from his neck when they instinctively reached for his neck...either to push him away or deepen the kiss. His hands pulled her body against his muscular form, trailing up into her hair before he broke the kiss, her head resting in his hands gently, his thumb caressing her cheeks. "I'm sorry....." he said roughly "This isn't me...." he said, hoping she would understand his words. His eyes shifted to the bruising appearing around her neck...he felt awful for it....but that kiss.....it had awakened feelings within him.....he let his hands drop from her face to take her hands and prevent them touching his neck, forehead resting against hers.

"I'm not myself Red.......please understand.....I can't tell you why" he murmured, his voice a seductive growl. "I never wanted to hurt you...." he said before closing his eyes. He wanted her....needed her.....in more ways than one. His hands released hers before he stepped backwards, looking at her apologetically....an expression she wouldn't have seen before. A puppy dog expression....

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image
User Image

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The click of her boots against the ground. The chirp of birds, or the laughter of children. Not the honking of cars or the the voice that should be her focus could snap her out of the trance that had slowly begun to eat at her conscious and heart.

She looked down, nodding as she listened to the man now introducing himself as Mr. Leif Atchison. Pleasure. she smiled and had continued on with her talking for him to then answer her questions. And though she was able to retain this appearance of awareness... on the inside her mind wandered thoughts, that led to other thoughts. Looping back to concerns, worries and beliefs that could very well be true or not. She looked up, sea hues focusing on images from moments before.

She had kept positive with her conversation, letting things be light and kind as she always wanted them to be with Bigby. One might never know when they'll step on a wolfs tail. He had once said, he'd never turn around and bite her. But her body reacted to the tension being created between the two. The way she wished to react, and how she had reacted were both opposites of another. A constant control as she studied him, until... he called her out on it. She had realized what she was in the short period of time. A monster, she rather not acknowledge. For while Bigby might be known as the monster for what he had done, it was not the flesh and blood of fables that kept him alive... Everything was different. Scents, smells, feelings, emotions, thoughts, senses. All coming alive in different manors, in inhumanly ways. But the words that had then followed after... that's... what had hurt her the most.

All this time and even times before. Joelle realized that her existence in Bigby's life was more a chore, or pain than something any one might ever want to drag themselves into. And her own flaws and mistakes and not lightened the load in the least. His life had been thrown upside down and now he state what she had always wondered... had it just simply laid dormant in his heart, and thoughts all this time. Were these thoughts and feelings true? Were they the things that made him angry and the answers to why he wouldn't look at her the way he looked at red. "a love sick pup." Her jaw tightened before jumping to reality and looking to Mr. Atchison.

She let out a 'humpf' of a laugh, and a smile to follow. On of my favorite composers did the exact same. You're dedication as a child is astounding. It's nice to hear that it's still one of your passions. Silence... her mind wandered again.

All this time, she had fought, she had struggled, she had failed, she had surpassed, she had dedicated herself through everything. She had grown and thought that maybe, even if not as lovers, had grown closer to the wolf she had always sought after... Only to find he wanted nothing to do with her. Her browns narrowed, body still aware of the man that walked beside her. Bigby's eyes had been almost black. They did not hold the warmth, or loyalty, or care she had seen them hold... He was different emotionally, and so much of her wanted to believe that the words he spoke were all the doing of the device wrapped around his neck. She remembered their conversations, the times they had been alone and shared a moment to connect, to enlighten, to be angry with... She remembered his last few words before she had faded into unconsciousness.
He was sorry for dragging her into this. Sorry that he had not kept the promise he made to her father and to himself. "I don't need some has been halfling offering help in situations she doesn't understand. You want to help? Leave me alone....and disappear. I don't need help and I certainly don't need a nobody like you chasing my tail like a love sick pup. Go crawl back into the hole you crawled from..." She sucked in a sharp painful breath. It felt like her throat was swollen again. Cry. Ha.... might...Would the bigby she knew really say and feel the things he had. All these pent up rage towards her... she remembered the time she had kissed him and he had almost went with it. Until he remembered the promise made to her father. Remembered, she was a halfling..... Until she found a way to break the collar from his neck... she would never know.

"Joelle." She jumped. Like a startled rabbit her head whipped around to look at Leif right in the eyes. Hers boring into his feeling the goosebumps rise on her body. She had even shied a step over. Yes... It is... Reality came crashing down...

Her brain had been so overly focused on the things Bigby had said, and the connections it could strongly hold to the collar. Her body remembered Lief's presence. But her mind however, did not. Nothing in this moment could comfort her beating heart. And realizing she had walked him almost to the end of the park and lost all recognition of his being... she wondered maybe she was more human than forsaken... No.. no... her senses kicked in on over drive. And all that tension and uncertainty had rebuilt itself in her once more.

Her name, how - the phone call. Oh what an idiot. She had used her name during the phone call. That fact he listened enough to remember her name, pushed her that much closer to the edge. Who, was the man before her. Yes, it is... I apologize i never actually properly introduced myself. She felt a little frantic. Mind swirling. She wanted to sit down. Act natural never worked. Unless there was years of practice behind it... yet he chuckled in response... And his words, hit her hard.

The human before her said words very few ever stated. He knew her father... he knew... her mother. She started at him. But she could not catch any nervous or fidgety behavior that might throw off this "game". It was a wild card that people didn't often throw at strangers unless they genuinely meant it... or... were psychologically able to distance themselves emotionally. But the key word, the word that caught her and rendered her the speechless was 'Knew'. Joelle carried a few traits that made her passable as Richards daughter. But many knew that Richard was richard or Parent to Joelle. Not dad or father. Not many people knew her father either, seeing as he remained in silverwood, for four years before her birth, and a little prier to the marriage of her mother. Her mother once said that her father didnt have many "friends" per say. Now knowing he was a fable, it made the utmost sense... but for a human to know and also so he knew her father... She was at a stand still and nerves tingled every inch of her for it.

He called her out on it. She looked up to him as if trying to crack him open and make him speak. He knew her parents, her biological father and mother, together. How!? the way he said... 'Mother' hinted at something that brought curiosity and alarm to her being. Things to talk about? The cab pulled up... and the drive acknowledge their presence. She his. It was a now or never opportunity... to walk away and go back to hunter... or find out where this man fit into the puzzle pieces of her fathers life. Her hand was gripping on her purse, starting down the cab before looking back to lief. She wasnt really in "fear" of him hurting her... it was in her own opinion, the other way around... but then again. Bigby knew her parents, Ichabon knew them... the Forsaken knew about them...and now... a human was saying the same thing... and what if What she feared, was what made her so hostile... that things would not work in her favor. she nodded, stepping close to the cab. Her hand grabbed the door handle and she sat herself in without a word.

She gave the cab driver directions and waited for Leif to settle in the car. She was leaning on her door. Looking to him quizzingly. You say you knew my parents... so i guess you'll understand I have stressed a lot these passed three weeks... The way he had said 'mother' was almost negative... How did you know my parents. She was running through solutions left right and center. Ways that would get her out, if things from here went down hill. But at this point, it couldnt get worse than what she already knew.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

tab et to know »ME

x nameless ballerina x
Leif

friendtotorofriendtotoro For your concern of my safety im: a cab
friendtotorofriendtotoroMy mind is racing with: Men, acting… a lot…

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro═════════════════════════════════════╝

Loyal Conversationalist

User Image
User Image

Located: The forest || Company: Bigby || Thoughts: Something's not right.

Red had wheezed and a pathetic squeaking noise came out of her throat. Almost instantly after that happened she felt Bigby's hand let her go and she stared down at the ground with her hand against her throat. She coughed violently to try and get the blood flowing back to her head quickly. The color slowly began to return to her face and she looked up at Bigby with a frightened/disgusted look on her face. He spoke her name and knelt down beside her, her hand went out to stop him from coming near her. She didn't want him anywhere near her, she should have killed herself the night before, if she had she wouldn't be dealing with this right now. First Hunter, then Bigby saying he loved her then wanting nothing to do with her, now this? This was too much, too far. He seemed to back off and she pushed herself shakily to her feet. If that wasn't the biggest over reaction she'd ever seen, she had no idea what was. Red swallowed tentatively and tried to breath. Her chest ached from the lack of air she had just previously. Her legs were shaky from being dropped and she could feel her hands also shaking. She was terrified, almost just as she had been when she opened that stupid door on his tail all those years ago and he had advanced on her.

What happened next took her completely by surprise. Her green eyes watched him stride toward her and she threw her arm up in front of him to stop him. Her eyes had widened in fear and she tried to back away from him but he was practically on top of her in a couple steps. The scream that was building in her throat never surfaced as he pressed her arms to her side and placed his lips against hers. If it was at all possible for her eyes to widen further, they had. What was he doing? He practically just tried to kill her because she touched his neck and now he was all for making out with her? That didn't make any kind of sense. Red had tried to push him away at first but when he pulled her in to him she knew that was going to be a lost cause, so she simply stood there. She was still on edge by the time the kiss ended and she stood awkwardly with her hands at her side because he had maneuvered her hands away from his neck once, she wasn't going to try and touch it again. Not after what he had just done to her. He was holding onto her face by the time their lips parted and she stared at him, breathless. She didn't want to fight for breath after that kiss, she didn't want him to think she enjoyed it, maybe he'd just pin it on the fact that she was fighting for breath because he almost just strangled her to death...

"You're damn right." The words that came out of her mouth weren't the ones she expected. She wanted to say things like I don't know the real you. or first you're all awkward and s**t then you try to kill me now this? Really? but those three words were the only ones that left her lips. There was something harsh and cryptic behind his words, but she had no idea what his problem was. Talk about mixed signals. He spoke again, almost as cryptic as the statement before and her eyes rolled. "Of course you can't tell me why.... why you almost just killed me. Her head shook at him and a scoff came from her lips. What the hell did he mean? There was something all too wrong here. Something that she could instantly tell she didn't like. He was awkward 'I don't know what to talk about' Bigby, then instantly he turned to feral 'look at me the wrong way and die' Bigby. She'd never seen such horrible mood swings in him before. Sure, he had had mood swings, but this was an outlier. There was no explanation for what had just happened to her. None, unless it was something causing him to act like this.

He let her hands go then took a step back and looked at her. It was the most pathetic look she'd ever seen on his face. Like, literally ever. It was an expression that she never thought he would have ever been able to make. The apologetic/pleading look upon his face made her eyes close and her hand go up to her temple with her thumb on one side and her middle finger on the other. "Don't bullshit me right now." She spoke with her head down and her eyes still closed. "What is your problem? Seriously, what is wrong with you?" Her hand lowered from her face and she raised her gaze to look at him. She was staring at him with disbelief plastered in her features. What was she supposed to do? What was she supposed to say? "Yeah, I get that you can't tell me what the problem is, but could you at least hint at it? Am I so irritating that you want to dispose of me? Yet so irresistible that you have to kiss me like that right after practically strangling me?" Her head shook as her hands went up to run through her hair. What was she even supposed to do right now?

Red's eyes narrowed at Bigby and her teeth clenched. "Don't you move. I swear to god, if you move right now I'm going to shoot you between the eyes the next time I see you." Her finger pointed at him and she sucked in a deep breath with her eyes closed then opened them and raised her hand. She grabbed the center of his shirt and pulled it down ever so slightly to see what was around his neck. It was some kind of contraption that she wasn't completely sure what it did, or even what it was. But Bigby was incredibly anxious about it, so it was obviously bad. Or causing him to do bad things? She didn't know. Her hand released his shirt and she smoothed the spot where she had grabbed down onto his stomach and left her hand on him. "It has something to do with that? Doesn't it?" She stared at him with intense eyes, her neck was now starting to ache from what happened only a couple minutes prior.

Loyal Conversationalist

User Image

I felt the darkness as it tried to pull me down
                      the kind of dark that haunts a hundred year old house
                      I wrestle with my thoughts, I shook the hand of doubt
                      Running from my past, I'm praying, feet don't fail me now
                      I got these questions always running through my head
                      So many things that I would like to understand
                      If we are born to die and we all die to live
                      Then whats the point of living life if it just contradicts?

Who the hell was this man to tell her what to do? Oh yeah... since she had what he wanted and got her end of the deal now she was basically under him. Working for him. Snow never liked to work for anyone, ever. He talked about Bigby and he talked about Charming but she didn't care about any of it, the only thing she cared about was getting him out of her face. He wanted her army, of course. But he wanted Silverwood also. Who was to say that she couldn't get a part of that cut? He would be using her army after all. She'd have to think about that. The Crooked Man finally took off and left her alone now. She hadn't been alone for quite a few hours and now, aside from the sounds of the city, she felt like it was too quiet. She needed to go somewhere where there were people. But he was right, she was tired. She'd been up all the previous day and night looking for Charming with Bigby, and now the dog was gone. Where had he run off to? Who knew. Well now it was time to go figure out what to do. Perhaps a nice nap in the park would be in order.

Snow's steps were slightly sluggish but they weren't without meaning. She was on her way to the park and she was going to get there soon. With any luck that was the direction Bigby had gone, not that it mattered. He had gotten everything into order with her now. He did his end of the bargain, now it was time for her to fulfill hers. She said she'd figure out how to get the collar off, and that was exactly what she'd do. The only problem was that she needed to find that out, and she couldn't do it unless she had Bigby in her possession. A couple of small tests wouldn't hurt. That or she could take him to the witches, that wouldn't be a fun trip though. Those nasty old hags gave her the creeps, a shiver shot down her spine as she thought about it while she was walking. A yawn escaped her lips as she set foot into the park and she looked around herself. This was better, there were people around and mingling. A few faces she knew, and many she didn't of course.

The dark haired female found herself at a small cart that sold a number of different items and decided on a cup of coffee to try and wake her from her state. She didn't want to end up turning into Aurora. No one needed to sleep that much. Snow grabbed her large cup of coffee along with a small piece of coffee cake and went to go find a patch of grass that was uninhabited where she could possibly get a short nap in. Or just sit and people watch and decide what she was going to do with her Forsaken. She sat down against a tree (the one Red had been at just earlier) and stretched her legs out in front of her. Snow White hadn't realized until just that moment that she'd been on her feet for almost 24 hours. Of course she had sat a couple of times the previous day, but running around the city with Bigby sure did a number on her feet. The second she sat down she could feel her swollen feet protesting ever standing again. Oh well, maybe she'd just have to go take a nice hot bath to get them to calm down.

With her coffee more than half drunk and her coffee cake gone she leaned back against the tree and closed her eyes. The spot she was in wasn't all that comfortable so she moved to lying flat down on her back with her knees bent and her hands behind her head. Snow sighed quietly, closing her eyes once more and was about to let herself drift off to sleep in the early sun until she heard a set of footsteps approaching her. One of her eyes opened to spot the figure who was nearing her and she closed it the second she recognized him. "Hello, Dres." She said rather nonchalantly as she proceeded to get slightly more comfortable than she already had. "I really hope you haven't come to spoil my afternoon nap." Her words were easy, sarcastic almost as she spoke to him.

[ooc: photo credit to gestiefeltekatze, click large picture to link to her deviant art.]
                                                    x nameless ballerina x

User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Loiterer

User ImageUser Image

theme
                                      ooc: wee! so much in the park! LMFAO

Fortunately enough for the fearful frog, there was no wolf stalking behind him ready to pounce; the slight movement he had heard was nothing more but the subtle stirrings of a woman lain tenderly in the grass — Snow White, he easily recognized, just as she seemed to take notice to him. He turned his head back to take a glance around the tree again as she spoke, watching, with intent, as the male and his seemingly unwilling company took their time strolling down the path, where they would resume their conversation out of the park. As he watched, he answered, Spoiling would imply that there was something sweeter to pollute.” Like little devils taking hold of innocent little things; clawing at the wrists of angels. Turning his attention elsewhere, he finally parted from the tree, his voice tinged with bitterness. “No offense to you specifically, my dear. But we both know that everything sweet is only sugar-coated arsenic.”

What a pessimist he was being. Surely, he knew that Snow could relate; they had both abandoned their guilelessness in one way or another. But there was no need to propel it anymore than it had been. As if completely aware of his own whining, he mumbled and mocked himself with an unenthusiastic, “Oh, woe is me, before huffing a begrudged sigh and retreating to lean on the tree that was just adjacent to Snow. The head of the forsaken had her own trials and conflicts to attend to; she had to deal with the infamous Crooked Man, and whatever webs he was currently weaving. Dresyk was only fortunate that he wasn’t involved in the higher workings of things, and was more of, if anything, an ally and a chess piece to be used if necessary.

But there was one thing that was concerning him. It had nothing to do with Bigby (he knew about the collar and whatever inconveniences it brought to the wolf’s complicated love life), but rather the stranger he had just seen, as it was not the first time he had seen the dark male. He had seen him in encounters earlier; speaking to other discomforted fables around Silverwood. Some of which he had even spoken to had gone missing, or had been claimed as deceased. As he didn’t tend to involve himself too heavily in the inner workings of the Forsaken, he surely assumed it had something to do with them; but now, his curiosity was currently getting the best of him, if only because he was slightly concerned for what seemed to be a hapless human amidst the predator’s company.

“Who was that fellow, anyhow?” He nodded vaguely to where he knew the two had disappeared from the park; and, knowing that Snow likely had no idea what he was referencing, he clarified, “The guy with the limp?” He wasn’t as oblivious and uninvolved as he liked to pretend he was, though, and added, “Is he our clipper?”

Killing, killing, killing. He had never thought he would have been on that side of the playing field, but he supposed all things happened for a reason — Or maybe not, and he just had the worst luck of the draw. Though he would like to say that senseless slaughter still bothered him, he would have, in the past, only frowned at himself as he knew this wasn’t quite as true as he would wish. All things died. Sometimes, things had to die. People were no different. Of course, he wasn’t a malicious psychopath: he didn’t like to kill, but perhaps that was because he was otherwise incapable of doing so for a majority of his years whilst damned to the body of a measly frog. He was more curious about it than accepting of it; at times, the darker, festering side of his consciousness did wonder what it was like to take the life of another being that wasn’t an insect.

But those were only thoughts of a juvenile mind. So he kept them to himself, only wishing for Snow’s confirmation — And if he was right, he didn’t see any reason whatsoever why their hired hand would be targeting a young human (or so he assumed) woman. Unless this character was the malicious psychopath portrayed in his head, and smothered the life out of others for the hell of it.

Suddenly aware of what could be read as a bombardment of questions, (and thus almost proving Snow right, that he was there to pester) he pushed himself from the trunk of the tree, “I’ll leave you to your nap. Mine was interrupted by a certain cranky mutt,” He pushed his sunglasses further onto the bridge of his bandaged nose, “and you need your beauty sleep more than I do.”

mentioned:
                                                            XxHyperactiveXPenguinxX
                                                            snow

User ImageUser Image

Loiterer

User Image

Dedication, she called it. It was a sweet word for a dangerous time, for certain; she couldn’t have played the card any better if she had known. Though she seemed aware and near-perfectly composed (a fan of theater, he would only assume that she had her fair share of practice in the art of pretending), her façade broke when he made mention of her name. He could see the color leave her face, as if some sense of dread had dropped in the pit of her stomach. She seemed to realize that he probably overheard her name when she had turned to speak on the phone, but hadn’t seemed to have expected him to utter it. He didn’t blame her; most strangers didn’t carefully tune into phone conversations.

What really set everything in motion, however, was not the mention of her name… But the mention of her father. As they wandered out of the park, her eyes locked onto his as if she had witnessed the haunt of a ghost, but her eyes egged him on, waiting for him to spew his intent, or the full story of the matter.

The cab pulled up to the curb, and it took him most of his energy to keep from smirking; knowing that he had planted the seed of interest, and like a cat that had learned the of the rat’s hiding place within the walls, she had to give chase. Her eyes wandered to the cabdriver, to Lief, and then back — Her hands gripping her purse; subtle signs he had learned to measure.

But finally, the inevitably prevailed. Only when her back was turned to him as she entered the cab did he allow the slight smirk to pull onto the corners of his lips, but as soon as he entered after her and shut the cab’s door, it had been wiped cleanly from his lean features. The car merged into the road once more, and there was a moment of silence that followed her giving their driver’s directions — Until the itching curiosity he knew was clawing beneath the surface of her exterior announced its reign.

Nimbly, she sought her answers. He took note of her position as near to her door as possible, casting a side-ways glance her way before settling once again upon the windshield. “Now, now. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.” He muttered, folding his cane against his lap. “You’ve paid for my ride. I’ll refund you with a drink... Then I’ll tell you all about it.She wasn’t completely stupid, he knew; alcohol was out of the question. But conversations such as these were always that much more enjoyable over some kind of dining, and he was convinced there was some kind of coffee shop or the like on the same block as the theater, as there often was.

They were driven to their destination; Silverwood’s theater, which upon stepping out of the cab, he admired firstly. Secondly, he took a glance around the block to approach the matter at hand — And fortunately, he was correct: There was a coffee shop just across the street. Nodding in its direction, he easily conveyed that that would be there first destination, before finally drawing breath, and beginning to answer her questions, which had waited long enough.

“I met your mother through theater,” He started, and took another glance to his right to briefly meet her eyes, “We were in love.”

He let this soak into her precious little brain, and relished in the moment. Tearing worlds apart were things that he adamantly enjoyed; but Joelle’s in particular was a different treat entirely. After a moment’s pause, he began, “Joelle…” His eyes remained on their set destination, the coffee shop, as he spoke; again, a particularly detached vibe leaving him… But only because he so wished it. “…Did you know that man is the only animal that would willingly devour his own kind?” He seemed mildy entertained by this notion, even offering a thoughtful nod, “He is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with his prey…” A pause, as once again, he managed to take a glance at her; damn him, she looked too much like the both of them. It was revolting. The faintest of smiles lifted onto thin lips, “…Until he intends to eat them.”

But was it really there? Another moment, and it was gone, replaced by its sullen counterpart as he began to detail a time beyond them. “Your father and I met through theater, too,” Now down the block, they crossed the street. “But it was clear that he wanted nothing to do with me.” The rest were easy details to fill, and so he left it at that, “She left, and the two of them had their happily ever after…” And though the words were obviously worthy of contempt, he seemed to hold no bitterness, and stated the last of his story matter-of-factly, and with another slight smile. “…While I stood outside and watched.”

“Your father has lied to you since the day you were born, love.” This time, he met her eyes, and retained contact; he knew it would be essential if he were to try to contort her vision of her ever-loving father, “He’s carefully fabricated your life to lead you to believe in something else. He fooled you into thinking that he was tragically misrepresented— but at heart, he only knows pillaging and trickery. A thief; or a pirate, if you will.” Certainly, Joelle hadn’t learned of her Father’s place in the Fae realm until her later years… Just as he did.

“But those are days gone by. Time has moved on, and so have I.” He stated humbly as they approached the coffee shop, and he swung open the door, allowing her entry first, and he hummed a chuckle, “I can’t blame him anymore, not while I’m graced with the beautiful face he’s brought into this world.” And then, to attempt to completely disprove any theories spinning about in her silly little mind that he was still malicious towards her, he added, “I hope he’s doing well. If the circumstances were different… I’d wish to chat with him again.” Now inside, he closed nonchalantly as if they had been disguising something as trivial as the flavor of variating wines, retrieving his wallet from his pocket, “What will you have?”

”Captain Smily”

ooc: hope this is okay! currently: coffee shop, Joelle. etc: theme

User ImageUser Image
User Image

User Image

Dark eyes remained fixed on the feisty Red head, the wolf rubbing the back of his head when she rubbed her temple, trying to understand what was going on. She told him not to bullshit her before asking what was wrong with him, her green eyes finally meeting his. "I...can't tell you" he said roughly, looking away briefly. She was staring at him in disbelief before she continued to speak asking for hints....before turning focus towards herself. Same old Red....but the wolf found himself biting back an amused smile. He looked back to her "I don't know how I could hint...but you know I would never willingly hurt you Red. You've saved my hide....I'm indebted to you. Among other things...." he murmured, watching as her hands ran through her red locks. "I'm sorry...." he muttered again, taking the moment to light up another cigarette, ignoring her disapproving gaze.

He took a few long drags on his cigarette, trying to think of ways he could get around the spell that bound him to secrecy. His head shook before Red narrowed her eyes at him, prompting a frown of concern. His mouth opened to speak but she cut him off with a threat. "Red....?" he queried, staring at the finger she wagged at him. What was she planning....? He watched the female take a breath before raising her hand and placing it against the centre of his shirt. He tensed as her fingers curled into his shirt "Red..." he said, his voice slipping into a snarl before she slowly tugged his shirt down slightly to reveal the collar. It was taking all of his will power not to lash out at her....to not send her small form sprawling to the floor to lie in the dust. He couldn't hurt her....he needed help and right now Red was in the most suitable position to do that. All he had to do was calm down....he found himself closing his eyes, drawing deeply on the cigarette, praying she wouldn't feel the urge to place her fingers on the collar again.

"Red...." his voice was strained as she held the position, collar on display like an unusual necklace. Finally her fingers uncurled and she let the wolf step back with a slow exhale. Adjusting his shirt and tie he shook his head to clear his mind before opening his eyes again, black orbs settling on the red head. Her question punched through the silence, Bigby tossing his cigarette to the ground by his foot. "Yeah...." he said roughly, voice croaking briefly, hand going to rub at the back of his head.

"Red....I can't.....Er....what I mean is...." an irritated growl escaped him as he rubbed at his forehead , the wolf unable to get his point across. Gaze lifted to settle on the bruising appearing around her neck, guilt clawing at his subconscious. Could he put Red in danger after everything she had already endured?

"I think it'd be best if I go...." his voice was rough as he spoke, gaze shifting to the woods around them. A coy smile played on his lips, one eyebrow raising slightly "Reminds me of the homelands.... This place. Before we met...." he said, arms folding across his chest. She would know he was trying to avoid angering her, maybe coming clean would be better? "Look Red I can't protect you....my...thoughts aren't.... " he growled at himself as the collar left him tongue tied once again. "It's safer to keep back...." he said finally, hand moving to brush the back of his fingers against her bruising neck. "I can't be held responsible for what happens. I won't take that risk....you shouldn't either" he said before footsteps drew his attention to the trees.

A slow clapping filled the air before the crooked man hobbled into view. "I must say Mister Wolf you do put on quite the performance...who needs to visit the theatre when you provide such pleasing entertainment" Bigby stepped infront of Red out of instinct, a growl tugging at his lips "Back off...." he growled, the crooked man smiling. "Ah ah ah...." he said shaking his head, both hands resting atop of his walking stick. "Do I need to remind you of your place Sheriff? Where you fit in Silverwood hierarchy now?" Bigby narrowed his eyes "Red...go..." he urged her gently.

"No no. Why not stay a while Miss Hood...best way of spreading information is by word of mouth so she should be around to hear how things work now." the crooked man smirked coldly, his drooping right eye barely twitching. "You see, the sheriff and I have come to an agreement. Crane will continue to run Silverwood with my advice and counsel, and Mister Wolf keeps his job. I go about my work as a businessman and Mister Wolf will action small jobs on my request....oh my, you're looking a little tense there Sheriff...would you like to sit down?" the tone was condescending, Bigbys form tensed, teeth gritted. If Red was close she would have heard the rumble in his chest, seen how white his knuckles were turning as he held his hands clenched into tight fists. "I'm fine...." he snarled.

"If you're sure. You see Miss Hood, the offer... Our terms were so good your Sheriff was in no position to turn us down. It was like he couldn't say no...." the smirk was enough to snap Bigbys temper. "That's enough of your bullshit! What do you want!" he barked. The crooked man smiled, eyes cold and shifting to Red. "I mean only to extend my invitation of employment to Miss Hood. Silverwood needs a deputy mayor for when Crane is otherwise.... Indisposed. I would ask miss White but she has enough on her plate and I'm far too busy with my other business endeavours to take up such a profiled position. The work would be hard but the rewards great. Of course you would be working alongside our Sheriff, he would report to you on his cases and findings." Bigbys breathing was heavy, as though he were about to explode or were struggling. In honesty it was both, the anger shook his body slightly and the collar was tight around his neck, cutting off his air slightly. "At least think it through Miss Hood. Silverwood needs a strong figurehead like you to steer it from these dark times. Crane may be good but he lacks your spirit and skill." the crooked man shot her an honest smile before looking to Bigby.

"Ah yes, Sheriff did you recover the item I asked you to fetch?" the word fetch was spat with a subtle hint of malice, enough to get under the wolf's skin. "Yeah I got it..." he said, fishing the necklace from his pocket, the pendant glinting in the light. "Don't see why you'd need it anyway..." he said before tossing it towards the crooked man.

A figure appeared seemingly from nowhere to catch it, twirling the pendant before chuckling, her voice enough to send chills down anyone's spine. "Good boy....looks like you want a biscuit..." her smirk was that of a killers as she handed the pendant over to the crooked man. Dark cropped hair framed her face perfectly, eyebrows arched and shaped so well they looked almost drawn on. Her lips curled back into a chilling smile, amber eyes shifting from Red to Bigby as she folded her arms. "Thank you Mary. Miss Hood, would you like us to allow you consideration of our offer? We will find you at dusk tomorrow evening for your answer, although if you decide sooner...tap on a large mirror three times and we'll come to you." he said smoothly before looking at the time "Well I must bid you farewell now, I have much work to do...." the crooked man began to hobble away.

Bigby turned to look at Red, about to speak when the shuffled footsteps stopped and the crooked man raised a hand, his back to them still. "Mister Wolf.....if you please? I have an errand I need you to run for me...." Bigby opened his mouth to object but instead snapped it closed with a groan of pain as the collar flickered with words, burning his neck and silencing him. Dark eyes shifted to Red before he began to approach the man. "Come on.....there's a good doggy. Arf Arf!" Marys words sniped at the wolf as he passed her before she looked to Red. "See ya around.... " She purred coldly before disappearing after the crooked Man and Bigby. The group seemingly vanishing into the woods.

The offer stood....would Red take it?

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image
User Image

He got comfy. Too comfortable for someone who sat themselves in a cab, with a stranger… she pushed her sleeves up, adjusted her bracelets, and caught his eyes shifting to look at her… Maybe he was preparing himself to dive into the history of his life and indulge her question. Forming sentence that only an actor or someone of theater could create.. In return, putting together for Joelle the pieces of a broken puzzle, the past her parents never explained to her…

She looked out the window for a second, catching his reflection in the mirror. She thought of hunter. She had left him. Would he know. No. Should she tell him. But of course…. but to tell him she had gotten in the car with an absolute stranger… she could feel the rage and rather he’d put upon her. The lecture that may occur. She was under his watch and she had so simply slipped away..But to put it simply, if she pulled out her phone now Mr. Atchison might not convey what she needed to hear. Not that he might actually be truthful. But at the end of the day, he used ‘Knew’ and that alone made her heart beat harder than it should. “Now, now. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.”

Her head turned slowly as if to process words she did not understand. They were crisp clear English words… but seemed so foreign. She felt uncomfortable, her eyes almost narrowed down on him for it. Game… she thought to herself as she tried once more to read his presence… There was nothing to read. Nothing to decipher. He was not like other humans in which she could smell his emotion or read his movements. Everything was so calculated, so pristine… that to say it was rehearsed would be a lie. It was more like, this was Mr. Atchison. Years of living in this facade. Yet, ever so, in his words, his actions, she felt it… ever so slightly why… why she had been nervous.. why she had feared him.. why she still put distance between them even in the back seat confinements of this cab. He… himself… this human was predator. that look in his eyes, that cheeriness but for an attack, that alluring to perfect kindness before strangling a victim. she sucked in a deep breath. To go for coffee, would be but her biggest down fall, and he played it in such a way. She could not say no. To say no would create suspicion. To say yes… would then drag her into this trap… Trap. A man strolls up at random to a couple and asks much too friendly for directions. then focuses on the male partner before directing attention to the female. He understands her worries, and notices subtle movements and which in return pays to close attention to phone conversation of little importance. the female then cooperates and walks him to the cab, pulled in by conversation only to be told this stranger ‘Knew’ her parents… She looked away as if to admire the Silverwood city, smiling so slightly as if this place brought back memories -which it did - to then look back at him and say. Storytelling and a drink is a beautiful combination. I don’t see a problem with that. she smiled, looking at the cab driver who tried to pay no mind to them. She wondered, for a moment, if it had not been for this transformation… this forsaken side, would she have caught on, thought this through as fast as she had… Realized that this man, might not have even known her parents but simply researched… them… was told about them… she crossed her leg and realized now the situation was more severe than she anticipated.

Stepping out of cab, she shut the door silently watching Mr. Atchison admire the theater building. When he turned around she changed her eyes towards the street allowing him to point out the coffee shop that was not so far away.Taking in a breath to think I can no longer drink human beverages… It was an odd thing to think of things now as human or fable… but at the end of the day, her beloved chai latte was like drinking acid… She couldn’t keep it down. But could she do it under pressure?

She pushed her sleeve up again to catch Lief’s inhale before speaking words that at first were not so harmful to words that seized her at once. In… Love.? It wasnt an impossible statement. Her mother was naturally beautiful inside and out. Men fell for her fiery spirit all time, but after her father, it was Richard she fell for. But Joelle had never heard about another man, not like her mother would talk about old relationships so openly… She had spoke so beautifully about her father. How they met through theater, how late night led to romance and how that romance bloomed into love and marriage and happiness and after four years of trying, a beautiful Joelle. But joelle now understood that those were not four years of trying. It was her fathers deliberate desire not to have a child. A halfling. He knew the pain she’d live through, but then… that miracle was actually a planned happening for Ichabon. To create a being, that joelle now was only for her father to think differently. The world had secrets to share, and secrets to hide. If looked for hard enough, they’d be unraveled… but when unraveling something hidden in darkness… the discoverer needs to prepare for the stench and s**t that would need to be dealt with…. So.. now she wondered. Was this was the reason why her mother never mention Lief… Or was he still playing this gam, bullshiting ever word through the skin of his teeth... Silence fell between them…

Till he spoke once more. She didn’t look at him. Processing the words that left a mild dread on her conscience and her being. She could feel blood rushing through her body, her mind going in every which directions as smells and emotions flooded her once more. She could no longer focus on him alone, not that he gave her much to begin with. But she didnt catch his subtle amusement in what he said, or the distance he had created. Only when her eyes shifted to look at him, did she subtly catch that little glint in his features. “...on friendly terms with his prey.” her heart sped ever so quickly as they made the briefest eye contact. It felt as though he wasn’t referring to humans in the least, not that what he said couldn’t be directed towards human nature. It was true. Humans did posses the art of being on friendly terms, Her x best friend and boyfriend… Adam were all perfect examples of these types of people...Psychopaths… this friendliness Mr. Atchison was showing to her, as if foreshadowing the events he would act upon… But what she felt… he referred to… was her…

Of course his following words sent a shiver down her spine. She pulled out her shades as the sun made its way out behind the clouds… the tension she was feeling again… she feared her eyes might change into that molton hue. She needed to calm down. But her mind was on overdrive. Where was he going with this? What was his point getting at. She wouldn’t entertain the idea he knew more than he should...jumping to conclusions was one of her worst traits but she would have been wrong for doing it as he finished his thoughts and her mind shut down.

He knows… was all she could think… there was no way around it. It was almost impossible to keep her pace instead of stopping. Even harder not to turn around and pretend that she had forgotten something important do to. Her heart beat like a drum in her chest and everything in her mind was telling her to run. He knew about fables and that in itself made her wonder… what kind of connection he had to the fable world… She needed to tell hunter… needed to tell Bigby but that collar on his neck…

Prey and devour. Prey upon her mother, and took her away from Lief… A lie… Pretending to portray himself as something else… She remembered the letter he had given her. Written as something different than who he was. Like each fables story, the ones she knew… the originals and the old… Her views of her father had never come off as a thief, or a man of trickery. To know the struggle he had in wanting a child, to protecting her, the secrets he kept from her until he was ready… the hints he made, and the things he taught her preparing her for this truth he was reading to reveal… He made mistakes… if you let the crocodiles write your story my dear, it will forever be wrong. Was leif than a crocodile, a man who held a negative opinion of her father, a man who saw her father for the Pirate and theif he might have been, and not the loving father she saw him as… the man whom Bigby and Bakewell both knew as a good man, a good father. Her eyes looked up to the bell that chimed above their head, her mind hit with the sweet smells of baked goods, syrups and caffeine. She didn’t like the way he mentioned her existence. She wasnt even sure how one thanked someone for such a “flattering” comment. she just gave him a smile, letting it faded. So. he didn’t know, what happened to him.

It took her a moment to order a small chai Latte fearing everything that could happen when attempting to drink it. She let them step back outside, her silence hung heavy between them after she thanked him for the drink. how to shape everything. Sorry, for the silence. It’s hard to process it all, I guess you could figure out my mother never made mention of you. she put the latte to her lips, but hesitated to drink it… she took a sip and swallowed, putting a hand to her lips as if to indicate it was to hot, when really, she felt like gagging on it... My father however died when I was six. they crossed the street, but her eyes were not on the oncoming traffic or people coming and going. She weaved through them with ease, trying to catch that subtle change in his features… that would persuade him to give away something more… she looked away. My fathers taught and prepared me for a lot in the years I had with him… So i don’t know if fooled is the correct term. All parents teach their kids to believe certain things or ways of living. I’ve never seen my father as a thief or pirate, she put a smile and light laugh on her features as you call him. Other say different. But I’ve been cheated on… and yes the experience isn’t so invigorating. As you said, humans are the only species to willfully play nice before eating their own… I would assume that applies to both you and me. She liked this game, like where it was going. If he was to play her at it, then she’d play right back. She held the theater door open for him to enter through After you. she smiled, failing in step behind him to lead the way.

She faintly remembered the building, but let her senses guild her to a very encentric man leading both men and woman through a dance routine. It almost came too natural to them, but of course it always came natural to those of theater. they stopped, and a woman pointed out their presence. The man turned and started at the two before recognizing Joelle. His french accent was heavy, and rich as he came to greet them with hellos and words spoken much too quickly. “So you have uh come to check out the theater Miseur.” He smiled, looking over to Joelle before giving them a brief run down of the theatre answering any question Leif had. “ We have a show coming up this week. I could uh get you a ticket or two.” He looked to Lief, before looking back to his crew just behind him “Come back tomorrow and i’ll have them for you.” he turned leaving them to their own devices…she looked to Lief, and then to her phone. missed Calls… from hunter, and one from Gene. I hope that this works for you, Mr. Atchison. I must apologize but i do need to be on my way... she headed towards the door, hoping he’d have no reason to stop her. Have a great day, it was a pleasure to meet your acquaintance.

tab et to know »ME

x nameless ballerina x
Leif

friendtotorofriendtotoro For your concern of my safety im: a theater
friendtotorofriendtotoroMy mind is racing with: need to get away

Loiterer

User ImageUser Image

theme
                                      ooc: SORRY ITS SHORTISH AND IT TOOK ME FOREVS

As she mentioned the death of her Father, he feigned compassion with a simple but humble, “I’m so sorry. If I had known he was in some trouble, I would have visited him sooner. Cleared the air between us.” As if he truly did miss whatever friendship had managed to bloom between them before the pirate’s betrayal. Holding back the impulse to roll his eyes, though, her next of words were less deserving of his feigned sympathy, and for a moment, all emotion was wiped clean of his face; save for his peculiarly lingering smile, which pulled evenly at either side of thin lips, crinkling his eyes at the corners. After a moment, he simply shrugged, “ I’ve put it behind me.” And here she was, thinking that it was okay to give him attitude; just like her Father. Surely, she thought she was being clever; but she was clearly getting ahead of herself. At the mention of what she had likely picked up on as a bit odd in the conversation previously, he gave a short laugh, “Catching on to my frequent metaphors, mn?” As if he were being complimented, he winked, “I’m a writer. You’ll get little dabbles of absurdity every now and then.”

He noticed her reluctance with the chai; but he only assumed that was because her beverage was too hot, as his, though he tended to enjoy scorching his throat with burning liquids. Call it a habit. As they approached the theater, they were greeted by what appeared to be some of the dancers, one of them a Frenchman, who offered to give them a brief tour of the layout. And though he would mask otherwise, Lief completely tuned the man out and resumed scanning the area; he did not need a guide, he only wished to see it. He loved theaters most when there were no shows, and when there were no audiences; the silent, abandoned spaces were almost therapeutic to his mind, like the swollen curves of the womb.

With the Frenchman off, Joelle lingered a moment, and then tried to convince him that she should be running off now, which he knew would come inevitably. No matter, he supposed; he knew he would be seeing her again. “Right, then.” He nodded as she moved to leave, and then, like before, he stopped her, turning around to meet her eyes, “Ah. One more thing, if you don’t mind…” As she paused, he closed the distance between them, “…I was supposed to be out of town today, but it seems I’ll be staying a bit longer.” His features were still fit with his strange smile, and he gave a questioning tilt of his head, “Do you know where I can find a hotel?”

Though he knew she was partly reluctant, she managed to find some bit of paper and drew out a map for him. As she handed him the paper, though, and he moved to take it, he managed to glimpse her finger slip against the paper’s edge… A papercut. “Hm.” As he snatched the paper, his eyes were not intent on the map in his hand, but rather her hand beyond; from the small cut, black blood was beginning to bubble neatly upon the surface of her skin.

He stared a moment, eyes glinting with light as a lion’s did as it hunted in the dark; until at last, his gaze moved up to settle uncannily upon her own familiar blue eyes. “You’d think you were a squid.”

And before he could really speak any more on the matter, a man clad in bandages briskly approached, giving a tap on the other male’s shoulder, “Hello! Sir...” He seemed rather insistent, and nodded his head towards the exit, “There’s a man looking for you outside.”

Dresyk, the frog, had dismissed himself shortly after his brief conversation with Snow, knowing that she wished to tend to her nap, surely, more than she was interested in speaking with him at the moment. He was hardly insulted, as he had been distracted by his own concerns for the random woman he had seen lingering with the Forsaken’s hitman. To him, she seemed to only be an innocent human, being preyed upon by their hired psychopath; and though it really wasn’t any of his concern, he had always taken it upon him to act if something was undeniably wrong. A bit pointless, certainly, seeing as he had basically sold his soul to less agreeing company; but he hadn’t had anything else to do, and if he could help someone evade death (or worse), then he supposed it’d be a constructive use of his time.

But Lief knew all too well than to believe such words; no one ever looked for him, unless he were to meet with one of his clients. He recognized the man; he was the bandaged soul he had followed to the park, and also the man that had been witness to some of his other interactions with the fine folk of Silverwood. Pausing enough for an unnerving silence to follow, he simply nodded, “Right.” Turning to Joelle, he smiled and nodded, “I’ll be seeing you soon, Joelle.” He seemed eerily too certain of this, and an assured adieu slithered passed his lips as he left, “Take care.”

Rocking back on his heels as he stood, Dresyk rubbed his gloved hands together as if in nervous tension, watching through his sunglasses as the figure quietly disappeared. Giving a nod, he looked then to the young lass that had been in the man’s company, “Do you, ah, know him?” None of your business, Dresyk! An internal critic screamed, and he gave a tip of his hat, “I’m sorry for interrupting. I saw you at the park, and you seemed… Troubled,” Because that didn’t sound creepy at all; following someone from the park and all the way through town. He scratched at the now-dry bandages that encircled his head, fortunate that none of his face was visible, otherwise he was certain she would have been laughing at him by now (well, if she wasn’t already screaming and running off in the opposite direction), “It’s just… Do you have a ride back? I’ve seen him before. I don’t like his demeanor.”

Part of him begged to just excuse himself from the conversation already, as he could see he was going no where in what was now appearing to be stalker-ish efforts of achieving a random stranger’s safety.

mentioned:
                                                            Captain Smily
                                                            joelle

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff