Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Conversationalist

User Image
User Image

Located: Her apartment || Company: Hunter, Bigby, and Joelle || Thoughts: Something's not right.

Red had expected something to go wrong. She had expected something to go horribly wrong and to hear from Joelle. Of course, she didn't. And that slightly bothered her. It was almost as though she expected something to go wrong. Well, why wouldn't she expect something to go wrong? She'd left Bigby in the care of this halfling who was so caught up in her own selfish acts that she couldn't see past her nose. Finally, after it got to be around two in the morning Ruby finally brought it upon herself to go ahead and fall asleep. She didn't pay much attention to Hunter. Sure he was there with her, but she wasn't in the mood to deal with him. When she went in her room she shut the door to him. Hopefully if he stayed he'd take the hint and stay out of her room. Needless to say, Red didn't sleep well that night. She kept waking up and tossing the sheets around to try and get comfortable. Perhaps the reason she felt so uncomfortable in her own bed was because the last time she was in it she hadn't been alone...

Morning finally came and she opened her eyes slowly only to see Hunter sitting on the edge of her bed. Her eyes narrowed at him and she rolled to place her back to him. Why was he in here? He shouldn't be in her bedroom. There was only one other person she'd had in here... and one person she'd even want in here. And it certainly wasn't him. He asked about breakfast and she soon realized that she was rather hungry. Ruby grunted in response. Hopefully he'd get her meaning. As soon as he left, to go make her something to eat she'd hoped, she climbed out of bed and grabbed a towel then went into the bathroom. She took a quick shower and checked her shin over. No sign that it had even been knicked on the table. Good. That was one of the many good things about being a Fable, you healed from things a lot quicker than the normal human. That and you didn't really get scars. Which was certainly a good thing. Red finished up in the shower then went to her room to get dressed. She draped her cloak over her arm then set it on the back of the chair she sat in to eat her food. "Thank you." She said to Hunter as she put the first bit of oatmeal on her spoon.

She'd only just placed the spoonful of oatmeal in her mouth and tasted the sweet deliciousness of the cinnamon apple when she heard a knock on her door. Her eyes darted over to it and she grabbed a hold of her quiver and her bow that sat next to the table. But then she heard the voice. "Bigby." She said then let go of her weapon and got off the chair. She walked over to the door then before she opened it she looked back at Hunter and gave him a stern look.
                                                        "Be nice."
                                                        She turned back to the door then took a breath and pulled the door open as he said something about going to Joelle's father's house. Of course he was going to take her there. "I guess I could go with you guys. Just so long as you aren't taking me just to use me as an extra pair of arms." She gave him a look then glanced over her shoulder. "I know you already know, but Hunter's here. Try not to kill one another." She turned around then went back into the chair where she had been sitting so she could finish eating. Ruby was really curious about how the night had gone. She looked at Joelle and her eyes narrowed ever so slightly. She didn't think the two of them would ever be friends. Especially not with how last night went.

"Sit down." She gestured to her couch as she finished a spoonful of her oatmeal. "I'm just going to finish eating then we can go." Red scarfed down the last bit of her food, not waiting around to savor the flavor then she stood up and put her dishes away and grabbed her cloak. Her hands grabbed onto her quiver and bow and she said a few choice words, her weapons shrank down and a chain connected the two. She clasped the now necklace of her weapon around her neck and smiled at Bigby. In the middle of the night she had left to go visit the witches to make her weapon choice a little more manageable to cart around in the middle of New York so she could go unnoticed. "I'm ready whenever you are." Then something struck her as she looked at Bigby and Joelle, the female looked rather uncomfortable and Bigby was all too relaxed. And they were a lot closer to one another than they had been in the past. What the ******** was going on? She eyed the two of them then pointed to the door. "Hunter, you coming or staying?" She asked him as she held the door open. Whatever his answer was, she left the door open for him to either come with them or to just close it so he could be there on his own. As they made their way through the building she looked at Bigby with curious eyes then glanced to Joelle. She shifted her gaze back to Bigby. "So how are you feeling after last night? What happened anyway?" She prompted his question, hoping to get an answer out of him that would explain why she found him unconscious with Joelle the night before.

User Image

User Image

Bigby shot Joelle a smile at her comment regarding safe distance “Good point….just make sure you’re stood behind someone else then if hell breaks loose” he said before the door opened and Red stood in sight. “Morning” he said with a nod before raising an eyebrow as she interjected into an earlier conversation. “Of course not. We could use your skills. Remember I’m restricted during the day…can’t go wolfing on people with humans around” he said before Red warned him that Hunter was here. He huffed through his nose in irritation “Thought I smelt soggy sawdust….” He said, a playful smirk tugging at his lips before he rolled his eyes “I’ll be good…” he muttered before following her inside. His gaze instantly shifted to Hunter, his body tensing before he nodded his head once in greeting “Hunter….” He said before sitting down when invited by Red. “Thanks…” he said gruffly, hands going behind his head as he waited. “No rush…..” he said resting his eyes gently. He looked at ease but he was tensed and alert…..afraid Hunter may try something. He wouldn’t put it past the woodsman to pull a fast one….

The scraping of chair legs against the wooden floor told him Red had finished eating, prompting him to open his eyes and watch as her weapons were shrunk down at her touch, placed around her neck. “That’s a neat trick…..13th floor?” he asked, slowly pushing himself to his feet. “You want to be careful, they’ll rip you off if you’re not careful” he said rolling his shoulders and glancing to Joelle “I don’t want you even contemplating going up there understand? They’re devious and manipulating old bags….promising the world and only giving you a pebble. Sadly they keep Silverwood safe so I’m powerless to stop them preying on people for quick cash” he said glancing back to Red with a shrug. His gaze followed her point towards the door, the wolf almost hoping the huntsman didn’t take up Red’s offer to join them. He shook his head and moved before they did anyway, hand subtly brushing Joelle’s hand to make her follow. He stayed quiet as they walked down the stairs, the wolf looking to light the cigarette he now had between his lips. He grumbled as it failed three times before Red’s question made him glance up at her with a frown “I’m fine….” He said, sounding a little uneasy. He lit his cigarette, drawing deeply on it before exhaling as they left the building. “It’s funny, you’d think I’d never drunk before….Joelle was asking how I was earlier…..weird…” he said clearing his throat.

“Joelle and I had a couple of drinks, I guess I had more than I should have. I fell asleep in the armchair…and yes regretted it this morning when I woke up with a splitting headache and stiff muscles….” He said before raising an eyebrow at Red. “And before you ask, I slept fine thanks.” he chuckled gently “Should have heard Joelle’s joke this morning…she was trying to pull a fast one on me….you should ask her about it. It was quite ingenious…almost had me fooled I will say….” He said scratching his nose before speaking again “So…I hear you had a fair bit to drink last night as well?” he asked, blowing smoke through his nose. He scratched the back of his neck before looking to Joelle. “You want to lead the way the Joelle? I don’t know where this place is….” He said, flicking his cigarette aside, eyes glowing at her in concern for her. His brown hues seemed…clouded almost….an effect of the spell. Shaking his head he looked to Red “So you’re patching things up with Hunter then?” he asked gently, ruffling his hand through his hair.

""Who's afraid of the Big bad wolf?
You should be...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry

[OOC: I'm trying to make these Longer.....i'm sorry!! ]

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
Joelle and Hunter So freaken long so IM SORRY!!!
User Image

xx just a parasite!! Human

friendtotoro etˊs get started » SHALL WE ▪ I'M JOELLE TINK SESINK ▪

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hunter had gripped at the table. His body ridged and poised. Every part of him tense. Eyes focused and he heavily regretted not bring his axe with him. He eyed red. A part of him prayed she would not step towards that door. His features darkening as she shifted from her seat. He knew he was lying to himself if he somehow believed that something wasn’t amisted. That he hadn’t missed some key detail in Red’s life that involved the wolf … And to his dismay she made her way towards the door. Life tearing him apart. Did she forget what happened!? Behave?? Behave?? Be nice!? Less he forget what had happened that night. Less he forget that this wolf had eaten grandmother and nearly his love. Less he forget the torment and pain he had brought to not only him, red, grandmother and his towns people… but the lives of other fables. He would never be nice…
                          Joelle smiled at Bigby. Hide behind someone? Oh sure. Cause she was going to find some random person – Oh. Hunter was here. Joelle had looked past Red instantly catching the deathly glare of hunter. Was it odd to say she could feel his anger and tension? Her eyes settling into an even gaze until she started to red again. The apartment seemed all familiar, though it smelled sweet of apples and cinnamon and the exchange between Bigby and Red went a little unnoticed. She felt. Awkward. Knowing sooner or later something would catch reds eyes. Except for an odd rare moment she had shared with Bigby over the past three days… They had never been so close as now. And sooner or later she would needed to ask for help from the girl. She smiled lightly knowing the last time they talked had been a good bit of a quarrel. Not like she felt it would change any time soon and sat down on the couch with bigby… her mind racing to the time she had fallen asleep on him. A faint blush falling upon her features but the tension in the air was harsh….

When the walked in, it was more like she had been lulled in. Bigby’s hand sutly brushing against hers pulled her from the glare down she was having with hunter. The fable had no longer seemed focused on eating what appeared to be oatmeal. And though bigby seemed “calm” in the situation. She recognized the tension in his muscles as she followed him in. Hunter… didn’t say a word. Not a single word… just started at them. Waiting. As if Bigby would once more turn into a wolf and attack the two of them… If it was hunter… she probably wouldn’t bat an eyelash. The guys characters was written into numerous fables. Hell, his character was sometimes an important but twisted side character in the real fables… always “helping out” where he could. He was always there. Right when trouble seemed to happen,. Like some villain disguised as a supper hero… Her father said that there was always something off with the hutsman, shaddy and dark. It was hard to see when she red the rewritten versions. But in the real fables… Joelle trusted her father. Pirates oath he always said…the huntsman was bad news.

Hunter stood. He had taken his stuff to the sink. Never taking his eyes off the wolf or witch in his presence…. In reds home. Once the enemy was welcomed in. They were always welcomed in. Always free to be here… And what made it all worse was reds eagerness to get going with them. Harking down her food, unseeingly fine with the presence of the wolf in her abode. She had escaped her house the last time the wolf had and the witch had been her. Stayed at his place because she couldn’t take it. So. Why was she so comfortable with this situation now? What was he missing…

Red ready to leave was a bit of a blessing. On the couch, bigby sat close, like they had on the bed. And as much as she tried to wave it off his nearness drove her senses insane. Suddenly, she was aware of everything… catching things. Feelings things. Like a sixth sense. It was strange and alien. And she was happy to jump at the chance, fixing her curls and shirt only looking up to catch red perform some trick….magic… her ears straining to hear what words, what language they were…it was only a muddle whisper. Bigby quick to comment. Before turning his gaze to her. His words catching her. Tell her something she wasn’t already learning. The hard way to make matters worse. And the irony was. He was under their spell and he didn’t know. I understand… I wont go… not anymore She thought…she need help. And if it came with a lecture, her eyes turned to red. Than she’d take it. Whatever it took to get him back to normal.

I’m coming Hunter said with a low growl, starting at the wolf who seemed none too happy he had agreed to come. Oh trust him, he wasn’t happy bout it either. But if there was a chance to clean this mutt off the face of the earth… Find some way to chop him in half. Than he’d be happy to do it. Besides. There was no way that red was going with these two without him. And he followed quickly after. Shutting the door and falling in line. Eyes boring into the back of the two. The wolf seemed a little attached the human he was watching. Stuck close to her. He smiled. If he could find a way… like baiting a mouse. He smiled… he had trapped many things, many monsters and game… but he had never found bate that would perk the wolfs interest… well till he seemed to like the taste of fable flesh. So. His eyes looked to the human child. What would happen if he baited the wolf with her.
                          Well, you scolded me for drinking. So, I assumed you stayed away from the substance… Or could hold your liquer. she raised an eye brow with a smile… but she was semi losing it on the inside….Wholes being bored into her back weren’t helping either. Joelle turned to look at the huntsman. A chill running through her spine at the look in his eyes. She stuck herself closer to Bigby, finding that this act was something she was getting very used to. She kept up in pace as they moved down the hall only caught by the surprise of his words. Her heart fell. Shut up! she thought, the phrase repeating… she didn’t exactly want to break it to red like this. Actually you passed out on the floor. she interjected before Red had a moment to say something. Red came over I told… but, she helped me get you to the couch… you just didn’t want to move after… she looked to red with a weary smile. A look in her eyes said. “I need to talk to you” But… it was cautious, knowing bigby was there… standing beside her watching… OH and of Course he has to go throw the joke out too!

Joelle sighed heavily. Her eyes wide before running a hand through her hair. She wasn’t even going to comment. Not a word. Only act like it was some inside joke between her and the wolf…. and it would be…. For a little while longer until she found the chance to talk to red…. Sure…. she smiled at him. Noticing something in his eyes seemed a little off… They didn’t sparkle as much as they used to…Not as alive as they were, filled with emotion and thought… clouded almost. Did the potion get worse over time?

The walk had taken a lot longer than any of the fables – except bigby – might have figured. Her father had she now assumed created a this house when silverwood first started. It was a little ways across the park were everything first started. And nothing had really changed at all… She could still remember clearly the night as a child. Walking through this park. It was older than the other parks in silverwood, and like the area behind it. Old fashioned. She had, for a moment almost paused at the spot her father had died but brushed aside the memory. She hadn’t been here in about 15 years… her mother and her moved when she was no more than eight…

She started across the street to the old rows of houses that stood. Many old, some had tenants. And others did not. It was like the late 1800 hundreds, and as they made their way down the street joelle stopped in her tracts. There in the distance she could see the three story century home. A black car parked in the drive way and a man in a suit calling someone. She freezed…. Recognizing him. From that time. She looked to the people that followed and then to bigby. My mother never sold the house. In my fathers will it stated that I was to own the house.… except for me… but when I was 18 she got a call same the house had gone up in flames… a vision of her parents shop came to mind. She looked away. no one should be there. But theres another way.

Down a side street and to a row of back yard fences. Joelle strained back memories of her childhood.. memories that seemed to come back as clear as day. Skipping down the back here, trailing the fence and looking for fairies, nymphs and other fable creatures… Until… she stopped. Her hand traced a board… the letters J and H engraved. She smiled. We’re hear The words held warmth, and her eyes sparkled. She whispered a sweet melody her father had taught her… and a light glow began to make the door move…. She stood a little shocked. Always thinking that it was her father that had made this place seem so magical… when in truth it really was magic.

Into a small shed just big enough for all of them she started around. A door led to the backyard. And when the fence closed… it was all but a wooden shed panel. My father never told you about this… did he… she looked up to Bigby for a moment before crouching and looking back to the ground finding the trap door she had been looking for… We’re safe.. in here. She started at the wall lined with old swords and souvenirs. My father and I were the only people here. Ever. I doubt anything thing has gotten in… well… aside from you three… Of to wonderland…. The trap door opened with a glowing light and a surprise of a voice echoed from bellow. “ Your late. You late. For a Very important Date.” She blinked. Smiled and couldn’t help a laugh feeling like a kid again. Lets go. And she jumped in. I’m staying here. hunter said. Joelle looked up … Fine with me. Don’t touch anything. I swear. I don’t know what magic my father put on this place… And she waited for Red and Bigby to join her.

The whole they walked grew and shrank with each of their heights. The muddy walls were like faint memories with the odd doll of a fable. A wolf or red ridding hood…. Peter pan and tinker bell. A tea set and table had come out of the wall. And it was no wonder joelle had thought her childhood was a little more than simply make believe and fairy tale… For at the end of their path a door stood with a mouth. And big round eyes. “I’ve lost them” the door said. “I cant find them I’m not crazy. I promise they really did roll away.” It said again. “What have I lost?” the door asked. The voice almost sounded like her fathers… no it was her fathers voice… Tears slipped past her cheeks… Marbles she whispered. You’ve lost your marbles… and the door opened.
                          In a room no more the size of 10 by 10 foot room lay a huge book shelf filled with stories that were created from speech. A old large wooden desk. Candles and old paper. Feather pens and an empty chair. A portrait painted of a small girl with curls. There was a small stand where her fathers violin would be. An old carpit. And other things that made it seem as if they were on a pirate ship. It smell of old books, and ink, but also of tobacco… and without a word joelle moved and sat in her fathers chair. Some how she had half suspected he would be here… Your fable…. wipping away tears she stood, smiling at the two… is… right…. Here. Exactly at the bottom shelf. She grabbed it and held it out for the wolf to take.. These books. Her eyes started to red. Were not written by hand. They were spoken into existence. And they end when the stories were first written down. Which is almost 200 years or so give or take for your story. Or the stories people more commonly know. The one I told you. her eyes looked to bigby. The one I told you has been changed over time, but it is almost identical to the first story. She turned back to her fathers desk. How was the room lit? She’d never know.

Her hand shifted through papers. A few drawings, a few random scraps of paper. Nothing special. Some music being transposed…. And then she remembered. Ducking down under the desk she tried to do as her father had asked. Bumping her head a few times before she found a small wooden peg, pushing it in and watched a drawer pop out. Getting feet hand on her head she pulled out a small journal. IT was talking a lot not to ask them to leave so she could have a moment to herself… and as she shifted through his journal…a letter fell out. But. It wasn’t assigned Joelle. It was signed. Bigby. Her brows knit together as she bent down and picked it up. Why… Bigby. Here. She whispred… Passing the wolf the letter… It read.
                          Hope you’re looking after my daughter Wolf. I’ll haunt you in the after stories otherwise.
                          If ye be reading dis, than I’ve failed as a father and things have gone as bad as I’ve foretold… It has come to my attention that I should tell ye, I didn’t tell yea everything I promised. Can’t blame a captain for wanting ye to find a sense of adventure. Now… I still won’t tell you youngen every detail, but this old wise fish will tell ye some. If you’re here. It will get harder… this means my popet has been wormed into my work. I had a feeling dis might happen….Joelle is a halfling Bigby… and depending on how old she is… ye may or may not have notice. I cast a spell on her Wolf as soon as she be born. She was at first, meant for theory work as Ichaban called it. Nothing more than an atrocity to cast aside to save our world. But I fell in love with her. My daughter. My blood. My joy… I needed to keep her safe from Ichaban, she needed to seem as human as possible. So I took her to a witch who does not live in Silverwood to accomplish this task. To give her a life outside of a fairy tale. To keep her alive.. I did this. But. I don’t know what complication will come. Joelle be as stubborn as this old fish and her mother. There wont be no stopping her. But protect her is all I can ask of ye to do… but protect her from herself be harder. Physically mentally emotionally she could be changed as the spell wears off... The witch never spoke of another Halfling to be born… and as ye know the idea of marrying humans always seemed crazy but I be crazy and I be the one to fall in love. My work is in that journal… and I’ve taught her well to understand. From here, well I wish ye safe sailing and good fortune.. and a little bit of pixie dust…. But don’t tell her about it all. Just tell her I love her. JH

Joelle watched as Bigby scand over the letter. She felt a little anxious to know what it said. But rather she grabbed and organized her fathers notes and journal. Placing it into her bag before she had gone over to red and pulled her aside lightly… back into the tunnel. You’ll slap me for this. Or beat me. She felt a little shaky… But I need your help… I desperately need your help. The words whispred only for her ears. And soon. She dove into the details. How lately her emotions have been feeling off, not being able to explain her random spouts of anger or jealousy and that she was sorry for how she acted. But most off all… what the witches had said when she had gotten the potion and when she had given it to him. That she wasn’t human. But fable… but not… And I realize these are excuses, hell I want to punch myself. I get it. I was selfish. I was wrong. And all I want is the old Bigby back… The whitches told me words to say, and I said them in both latin and English…. But the potion hasn’t gone away. I told him the truth. And he just thinks I’m pulling his leg… You’re the only one I can ask for help. I know we have our differences. Our first greet wasn’t exactly sunshine’s and rainbows and this probably isn’t helping But I’m begging you…

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

tab et to know »ME
tab tab xxxx▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅▅x▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy time is consumed with:
Bigby, Red, Hunter….
friendtotorofriendtotoro For your concern of my safety im: fathers keep

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy mind is racing with: if she hits me I deserve it.

friendtotorofriendtotoro Word meanings: NA

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro═════════════════════════════════════╝

Loyal Conversationalist

User Image
User Image

Located: Captain James Hook's humble abode || Company: Bigby, Joelle, and Hunter's around here somewhere. || Thoughts: YOU SNEAKY GOOD FOR NOTHING HALFLING.

The way that Bigby sounded when he spoke about being okay seemed off. He didn't sound completely sure if he was alright or not. She glanced up at him with a cautious look then as soon as he talked about drinking the night before her mouth opened slightly. Her eyes glanced over at Joelle and her eyes narrowed. Joelle was quick to intercede that Bigby had passed out and Ruby had come over to help get him off the floor. That was not what had happened at all. What had this girl done? Come to think of it, Joelle had never actually mentioned what had happened last night. All she did was criticize Ruby for being 'the drunken one' and threaten Hunter. Now Red knew that this woman had done something. They hadn't been drinking, and even if they had Bigby would have been just fine. He was a big guy, there was no way he wouldn't be able to hold his liquor. "Passed out, alright." She pulled her gaze away from Joelle then looked back at Bigby with a sigh.

Now he was saying something about Joelle playing a joke on him? If anyone ever played a joke on Bigby they'd be the one getting the short end of the stick with the quick tempered canine. What the hell had she done to him to turn him into this cuddly puppy. He was rather talkative today. He hadn't even been this cordial after they'd relieved one another of any and all stress. Aka, sex. Something that hopefully Joelle still didn't know anything about. Well, even if she knew it wouldn't be that big of a problem. Just another quick reason for Joelle to get jealous of her for. Ruby watched the small interaction between Joelle and Bigby, just the exchange of looks and her heart stopped. Oh my god. It was then that she had a small feeling that something serious was going on between the two of them. They'd done something... But why was he looking at Joelle like that? Now it was Ruby who had the sudden pang of jealousy and she shoved her hands harshly down into the pockets of her red shorts and turned her face forward. She didn't want to think about it, she didn't want to even believe that he had moved on from her so quickly. Her head shook and she heard Bigby address her once more. Hunter? Ha, Hunter was really the last thing on her mind. Even though he had come with them.

"Yeah... Not really. He's pissed because I keep hanging out with you. I keep wanting to help you. I'm sure you could understand why though." She looked to him, almost a pleading look on her face as she thought about he and Joelle being together again. Obviously Hunter was right behind her, but he couldn't have gotten upset with her for simply stating the obvious. If he wanted to get angry, then by all means he certainly could. Not like he wasn't already. After this little exchange of words Ruby fell silent and slightly fell behind keeping pace with Bigby. She didn't want to stand next to him, walk next to him if he had done what she thought with Joelle. It wasn't her place to get upset with the assumption that they'd been together intimately. She'd have to just deal with it. If Bigby could do whatever he wanted, then so could Ruby. Her mind ran through every possibility for what could have happened before she was stopped in her tracks because Joelle had spotted a vehicle that she didn't recognize. So what. There was a car out front. Fun fact: there's lot of cars in the world. It's just something that you have to deal with.

Ruby's eyes rolled as Joelle led them around the whole property just to get them to this dinky little shed that they were going to go into. Red looked at the girl as she spoke and it was then she realized that Joelle was probably the most emotional person that she'd ever had the unfortunate pleasure to meet. Just about anything could make this girl tear up, and it was rather annoying really. It seemed as though the more Ruby stayed in this woman's presence, the more agitated she got. There was good reason for it, but she wouldn't find said reason out until later. They walked into the shed and she let her eyes gaze around the area. There were enough weapons to start your own small war with. It made Ruby smile. Of course, her father was a pirate. He would have plenty of weapons around just in case he felt like getting in a fight with someone. Typical pirate move. The comment that Joelle made about going to Wonderland confused her, but realized as soon as the trapdoor opened that she was no longer confused. They almost really were going to Wonderland. Hunter decided to stay behind and she looked at him. "You sure you don't want to tag along?" She asked him, probably not her best choice of words. But when he stuck to his word about staying above her shoulders shrugged and she looked down into the hole.

The green eyed woman was very hesitant about dropping down into some hole in the ground. But Bigby went and she decided that she didn't need to be a pansy about it. She sucked in a deep breath, almost as if she expected there to be water at the bottom, and she stepped off of the floor board and into the hole. They walked to the end of the warped hallway and she heard a voice speak out. It was strange to her, but seemed to evoke yet another emotional overreaction out of Joelle. The halfling spoke and the door opened just as easy as that. It's nothing to cry about. Jesus. Ruby wanted to throw her hands up in the air in frustration but she kept them clasped behind her back. They walked into an office of some sorts. It smelled strange to her. She tried to pinpoint everything that made it's way into her olfactory senses but there was something she couldn't place. Perhaps it was a pirate thing. Who knew. Her arms shrugged and she looked at Joelle with somewhat uninterested eyes. She didn't want to care about what was happening, but somehow she did. And she hated herself for it. It had something to do with their stories and the real ones. The real story was that Red had fed her grandmother to a wolf. What the hell did Joelle think had really happened?

Whatever it was, it wasn't true. But Ruby had to stop thinking about it. She watched Bigby take the letter that Joelle had handed him and she began to look around at everything that was around them. Nothing much, but everything seemed.... well loved. At least that was a good thing. She was studying the desk and it's artwork when she felt a hand on her arm pulling her aside. Joelle was dragging them back off to where they had come from and she began to protest. "What do you want? To flaunt what you did in my face. Well congrats. Now let me go." She pulled her arm out of the other female's grip and began to walk back to where Bigby was before Joelle's words stopped her. Her hands balled into fists and she turned back around to look at her. "What? You worried about some kind of wolf STD or something?" She was pissed, oh boy was she pissed. But not as angry as she was about to be. Dear lord, not even close.

Ruby listened with a horrified look on her face as Joelle began to tell her what had really happened. She was angry, frustrated, confused, jealous, and more emotions all wrapped into one. Her head shook. No words came to her as she stared at the girl. Truly, Joelle was a girl. She wasn't an adult. Adults didn't do selfish s**t like this simply because they get a little jealous of one person. "I can't ******** believe you. You did all of this because you were jealous of me?!" Ruby scoffed at Joelle and her eyes closed then she grabbed the bridge of her nose with her thumb and forefinger. "I don't know what you want me to do about it. I obviously can't do anything. You're the one he's 'in love' with." She let out a groan of disbelief then leaned her back against the wall as she let her hand rest on her cheek. Ruby then began to laugh quietly to herself. Her laughter got louder as she closed her eyes. "I literally just can not believe you'd... No, now I can believe that you'd do something like this, but why? I hope you know he's going to be furious with you when he finds out." She wanted to put that little piece of information in the other female's mind just to get her nice and scared.

Well, s**t. Now it was time to find an actual solution to the problem. "Well, did you say the words to him while he was conscious or unconscious? I don't know if that would make a difference. But I'm assuming if he passed out right after you gave him the potion that he'd obviously be unconscious. Just go confront him and yell the words in his face. Hell if I know." She pushed off of the wall then walked over and grabbed a hold of Joelle's arm tightly. "I swear to god, you're the most pathetic person I've ever met. You get something from the witches to change your life then you don't even have the balls to actually go through with it. Next time you wanna do something drastic, don't feed off of pure jealousy. It doesn't get you anywhere in this world. You've been living in it for twenty-one years. I'd assume you'd know that already. But apparently I'm wrong about that." Ruby pushed the girl's arm away then turned and walked back into the room where Bigby was. "I'm going back up top, this place gives me the creeps." She turned around again to walk out the way she had come. "You had better fix this. And I will tell Bigby all about this when he comes to." She left without another word and hauled herself out of the hole in the ground to join Hunter back in the weapons shed.

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Joelle had waited for Reds reaction. Kind of standing there knowing that it would not end well after this moment. And it most definitely didn’t. Red had stormed off, her arm hurt, Joelle was a little more than stunned about the fact Red smacked her, and lost. She… didn’t really know what to say or feel; other than she deserved the lecture. Sort of. She had partially done it out of jealousy… a large part at the beginning. Till she couldn’t understand why she was even getting that potion. So she left it. Didn’t want it really…. She said she’d come for it later… planning not to come for it at all… but couldn’t deny that something said to go back. Go get it… but when that whole fiasco had gone down with Bigby. Jealousy wasn’t on her mind, let alone 23 years of it... Rejection was… and she didn’t want the one person she had left to look at her like that… Couldn’t deny she was curious about what the potion would do… or she had taken a sudden leap of desire. She had severealy messed up. Her mind didn’t feel like hers, her emotions were jumbled… and she had acted on them outrageously…… Take away Bigby’s reasons not to touch her. It was a classified “love potion” but said it worked differently on different people. Great so what would it do? Well, he fell in love with her…

… She breathed inwardly, looking down the tunnel. Was she pathetic? Weak? For having her mind and emotions jump to one place… and somehow find herself acting upon them… Yeah. Fables… always worked for something…good or bad. Where it was drastic or not –though it always seemed drastic - her father did whatever he could… and was ready to sacrifice himself… but was she pathetic… for knowing she had made a mistake, had wronged someone and now wanted to fix it? Was that pathetic? To realize she had completely altered someone’s life, their mind, their emotions and now want them back. That reality had somehow, finally come back to her and she realized that was she was doing was utterly horrifying.

She sighed, heavily. Nervous and palms a little sweaty. She knew he’d be angry, and the reminder made her feel a little nauseated. When he came to, Red would tell him. He would learn what red took from her long explanation of what happened that night, whether it was all right or not… probably didn’t matter because the end outcome was she had still drugged him… Would he kick her out? Never speak to her again? The idea of solitude… she took in a breath. She had messed up. She dropped a vase and if she got cut cleaning it up, if she wanst able to glue the pieces of a somewhat friendship back together, than that was the outcome. She put on forced smile and made her way back to the keep… she massaged her hands and fingers. Putting pressure on her palm, head down before walking back and into the room. He was looking around, maybe at the paper, or at the books… she paused in the room…she started to him… Taking in a breath she walked towards him and put a hand on his forearm. Her head was still down and finally she when she felt she had his attention her eyes locked with his. The sweet expression, slowly becoming concerned, but noticed how his eyes were not as bright as they had once been. Clouded…. She smiled lightly… magic… it was a horrible thing. No one profits. It leaves a person empty, maybe even both parties… and it will forever alter the lives of those it affects. She spoke the words crisp and clear… drawing her hand away from his shoulder. I’m sorry…. she whispered afterwards… whatever happened… it would be the end and start to a new beginning.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

tab et to know »ME

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy time is consumed with: Bigby, hunter and Red
friendtotorofriendtotoro For your concern of my safety im: fathers keep

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy mind is racing with: I’m horrible

friendtotorofriendtotoro Word meanings:

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro═════════════════════════════════════╝

Tipsy Bookworm

15,390 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bookworm 100
Kate Harvey
@The Cracked Spine, With Jared

User Image

Kate stared at him for a moment. "I find it a bit sad when books just sit on a shelf. Books are made to be read." She looked down at the desk, shuffling some papers around, trying to give herself time for the blood to leave her face.
He said something about her owning the shop being an achievement. "Oh, I inherited it from my Grandfather. I always loved this shop, and books." She realized how nerdy she was sounding and tried to recover. "It's great to be completely independent though."
Was he introducing himself? Who was this guy and why was Kate getting the distinct feeling of being flirted with? She wasn't used to this kind of thing and didn't really know what to do. She looked up again and met his gaze. "I'm, Kate." She smiled.
Kate was getting sucked in. This guy was unreal. His eyes were drawing her in. Suddenly she wondered if this could be one of the fable Princes. That would be nice! But, then, why would one of them come to her little shop?
User Image

User Image

Bigby had raised an eyebrow at Joelle’s correction over what had occurred that evening. “I think I’d remember that…I told you Red she seems to want to joke around today” he said scratching his head. He wasn’t happy that Hunter was tagging along but he didn’t have a choice in the matter so took it upon himself to stay up front with Joelle where he could, glancing to his side when Red fell instep beside him briefly. “Well you don’t have to help…I don’t want to interfere with you two” he murmured quietly. “You need to remember Ruby….the past is still what it is….you and I may have forgotten it and moved on. Doesn’t mean he will….heck I can’t truly move on after what he did to me. Would you be able to?” he asked before she dropped back to walk alone, the wolf looking concerned briefly before Joelle continued to lead on.

The walk for him was nothing, the cut through the park put him on edge, senses in high alert. When the halfling stopped he followed her gaze, nodding at her words sternly “Good…unruly tenants are the last thing I want to be dealing with” he murmured, following her down the side alleyway. Head turned at the slightest noise before he froze as Joelle stopped, the wolf watching her fingers trace the carved initials. He caught the glint in her eyes and stayed quiet, not wishing to interfere on her moment…her memories. A faint whisper and the wolf found himself surprised as a passage opened. He looked around, eyes settling on every blade and gun he could see “No….he never said about this…” Bigby answered Joelle’s question, pausing before continuing. “I’m amazed he managed to keep it hidden so long….crafty bugger” he folded his arms and watched her head over to a trapdoor, uttering the password and opening it up. “This doesn’t seem ominous at all…” he said stepping towards the open door and gazing down into the darkness. Joelle dropped down first, the wolf glancing to Hunter as he said he wouldn’t be going. “Coward…” the wolf growled before hopping down, taking a moment to turn around and catch Red as she dropped down, eyes locking briefly, a confused glow to them….as if he were trying to understand something. “Sorry…” he pulled away and headed after Joelle, hands touching the wall as they walked, eyes glinting at objects in the dark. “Ouch…” he ducked, holding his head after hitting it on a low root that was poking through the ceiling. “Your father must have been smaller than I remember….” He grumbled rubbing his forehead. He stretched in relief after they entered the room, grateful for the open space.

“Oh wow…your father was doing a lot of work…” Bigby said rubbing his jawline as his head turned to look upon the stacks of books and papers that lined the walls. The scent of the captain and everything that made him was strong in the air and the tobacco only made the wolf crave another cigarette. His hand moved to his pocket before he grumbled “Better not…” he said to himself, stepping further into the room, glancing to Joelle as she sat in her fathers chair. His brows tugged together, seeing the tears in her eyes “Joelle…a-“ she cut him off, handing him a book containing their fable….he opened its pages and let his eyes skim across the pages, Joelle explaining to Red the concept of their original tale. He nodded, closing the books pages and offering it to Red “I stand by what I said…I prefer that version” he said with a brief smile before he moved to look around a little more.

He could head Joelle scuffling through papers behind him and could imagine her actions in his head. Pain began to form behind his eyes, making him wince and stop looking. His hand went to his face, fingers rubbing at his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose before the pain subsided as Joelle spoke. Why did he think he was on the brink of thinking of something…he shook his head and turned to take the letter, his name scrawled in cursive writing across the front. “Thanks….” He murmured, tearing it open and taking a moment to read.

His brows pulled together as he read through the letter, aware of Joelles eyes on his features trying to read his expressions. She was meant to be part of his work….a tool…..an experiment. Fortunately Hooks soft side disallowed him to be duped by Ichabons ways and he’d had the girl enchanted to hide her true self…her…fable side. He couldn’t hide the smirk that tugged at the corner of his mouth as Hook spoke about how stubborn Joelle could be. Finally the letter drew to a close, the wolf folding it in half again and slotting it back in the envelope. “”Nothing important….he said he loves you and best of luck continuing his work” he said with a nod, placing the envelope in his pocket. Joelle didn’t need to know its contents, he had to reason to hurt her with the truth. Had had noticed the shift in her….her scent wasn’t quite right and the letter just explained what he was already concluding. Joelle was half a fable, and now was developing that side of her….maybe he’d need to explain that part….not now. “I’m going to look for some books your father mentioned to me once…” he said stepping past and looking through the shelves, paying no attention to the conversation that transpired between Red and Joelle.

The wolf glanced round as Red announced her departure. “If you’re sure Red…..would have been useful to have another pair of eyes searching” he said, sifting through some books. The red cloaked girl left, leaving him and Joelle alone once more.

He heard Joelle shuffle closer before her hand touched his forearm. “Well hello there….” He could sense the emotions rolling off her, nerves and sadness. “Hey…hey you ok? I know this place brings back a lot of memories but we’re here to make sure what your father did wasn’t a waste” he had placed the books down and placed his hands on her arms, tugging her into a brief hug. “I’m sorry you have to go through this…” he murmured, lips pressing against the top of her head before he let her pull away, those clouded brown hues meeting hers in concern. “Joelle?” he asked before she spoke latin words to him. He blinked, taking a moment to draw on what little latin he knew before folding his arms. “The spell joke again, really Joelle when are you going to stop with this madness” he said, touching her arm. “I love you…..now let’s get what you need and get out of here” he planted a kiss on her cheek and smiled before stepping away to rummage through some papers.
Nearly 10 minutes passed before a pained noise came from his side of the room. He staggered, sending papers scattering over the floor before he fell to lean against the bookshelf, hand going to his head. “Gah….my head….” He said gripping it painfully. It felt like nails were being embedded into his skull, before pain similar to needles poking at his eyes made him groan and cover his eyes. “I can’t…..i can’t think….or see….” He said staggering again he managed to pull his hands away, his eyes searching for Joelle, brown hues glowing a prominent amber colour as the potion worked its way out of his system. His memories were scattered, trying to erase before a scent hit his nose and he whirled around, half falling. “Joelle…” he said urgently before one of the shelves exploded in a flurry of wood and pages and forsaken scuttled into the room in their various forms.

Bigby was instantly on alert, stepping infront of Joelle, his head pounding but eyes shifting back to brown. “RED! HUNTER!” the wolf howled, before a forsaken lunged. He met it mid leap and hauled it aside before looking to Joelle “Go….get out of here…” he said struggling to focus and touching his head. “I…I don’t feel right….” He murmured dragging a hand through his hair before forsaken tackled him to the floor. “GO!” he yelled before snarls were heard as he morphed, claws and teeth tearing chunks out of the beasts. He rolled over onto all four paws, standing at an impressive 4ft, snarling viciously, eyes still clouded. “Leave her be..” he said tail swishing in the air before he pounced. His fighting was sloppy, his senses not at their peak as the spell fought to knock him unconscious and the adrenaline coursing through his body countered it. Howls of agony escaped him as claws, teeth and even blades sliced into his fur. His brown orbs searched desperately for Red and Hunter, paw pinning a small forsaken and ears pulled back in pain. He needed them…..he couldn’t….what was wrong with him!?

[OOC: ]

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

Hunter hadn’t been up to anything. Which was odd to him. Cause he was always up to something. Tempted to close the trap door and lock the wolf inside. But of course, that didn’t really work when red was still down there… not that he cared for the human. However. When Red had come up he offered a hand to help her out, and then. It was just them. She was absolutely infuriated… she looked physically fine. And he was in some way very tempted to ask about her. How was she feeling. Be that guy that she could rant, get it all out. Like she always had… But… he turned away exhaling… he had a feeling it had to do with that wolf… and unless her words were kill or get rid of the wolf. He wasn’t interested in hearing her sudden change of heart for a monster that had a tempted to kill her. His arms crossed, and instead focused on the walls filled with swords and other weapons. He ran sinarious through his head… decapitation. Torture. He could slice the wolf in half again… cause in this world. It seemed that once you were dead, that was it. Dead meant dead… and the wolf wouldn’t magically come back to life…
                          Joelle had closed her eyes, heart still beating fast jumping one way and then another. She tried to look up to him as he talked, but closed her eyes as his lips pressed against her forehead. It hurt. To need and desire to treasure this warmth and this kindness. Those sweet words of I love you. She knew that after this moment she would never hear them from his lips again. This warm embrace was fleeting… for the moment he let go, he might never wish to touch her again. But, if that was punishment for the actions she take then so be it… “Don’t do something Joelle and not be able to handle the consequences” Her mother had said when she got out of the university fight. She had ended up almost being suspended and pulled out of her program… they were merciful to an honour student will talent… but… the hard part was… his words, this touch, those kisses were all but a lie. They weren’t really or true. They held not an ounce of value because…magic… it was beautiful… until the beholder saw how much destruction it brought.

The warm touch of his lips, slipped away like his finger tips from her arm… leaving her cold alone. She gave him a light smile, unable to say a word as she turned to look for books, or information… she wasn’t sure what to do. Not look at him. Focus. Not wonder when the spell would ware off…. She breathed in and let it just happen. Grabbing books and shuffling through them… stories all so familiar. Problem was… she wasn’t sure how she was going to be able to bring all of these books back. She grabbed a few, her favourites mostly… the one her fathers often encouraged her to read… but with five books and now a journal neatly stuffed into her bag… there was no more room for her to put any books… She turned to look at bigby, alarm in her eyes when a loud ruckus came from his side of the keep. Like a deer in head lights she almost watched helplessly as the spell wore off from his body. She moved to take a step towards him… disorientated, lost, pain and she didn’t know if there was anything to do… well… she didn’t think.
                          Just as soon as Bigby had called out her name the shelf beside her exploded into wood, paper and dirt. She covered her face, before quickly side stepping the shelf… what meat her was a hideous beast… a forsaken. GIVE ME THE JOURNAL! the words were clear like day in her mind, her heart raced and her eyes wide. Her last encounters with these creatures flooded back to her… that night all coming back. And suddenly Bigby was yelling at her. Telling her to run and get out of here. She looked at him helpless, as she noted more in the shadows of the whole… the basement of her house… Like ants… she had thought for a moment… watching Bigby morph as she took a step back towards the tunnel… and picked up a piece of broken wood as one bore in the tunnel from behind her. She whirled around and as it snarled the same words she grabbed the large splinter and shoved it into its eye was it got close. Watching it snarl in anger. Ducking she heard the wolfs voice she turned to look at him We need to get out of the tunnel!! Joelle pulled the journal out of her bag and held it, watching few take notice of it. One snarled at her, gunk falling out of its mouth. She smiled wickedly at them and then darted down the tunnel… ITS GETTING AWAY she heard the voice in her head… WE’RE COMING FOR YOU.

Hunter hand turned the moment he heard a loud husky call of his name and the shrieks and familiar cries bellow. Foresaken. He almost smiled… Kill the wolf he thought with a sick smile on his features. Though, it almost saddened him that he wouldn’t give the wolf the final blow. Though if the wolf was dead. He could care less. Should he close the tunnel??? And as he thought to move on it, not caring what Ruby though –she would thank him later, even if that thanks took a few decades or so – one of the walls was violently ripped off as a forsaken stood before them. Hunter grabbed the first thing he could as the beast lunged its self upon him. The sword he grabbed wripped through the beast as it fell knocking over the other wall. It was then they realized the situation they had been dragged into. Foresaken littered a forest like backyard. Pilling out of the old century home… they stood in different hideous forms. Snarling and gnashing their teeth, some came out from the ground around them. Large hand like claws pushing aside dirt like moles as they popped out like the living dead. He looked at red and swore… just as soon as Joelle came darting out of the whole. He hoped the wolf wasn’t somewhere behind… lying dead and covered in blood instead of close to the humans heels.
                          Joelle looked up to Hunter and Ruby who already seemed to be in a battle of their own… as she began to pull herself out of the hole. Her mind was racing How to get Bigby. Was he following??? Was he okay? And why were there so many! Her fingers went to wrap around a sword as she started up to a body in the distance. Human, white. Large black slouless eyes that started over to her as it begun to morph. . Ruby Behind you! she yelled, before claws wrapped into her leg THE JOURNAL FLESHLING Pain tore through her body her hand gripping the sword tightly and driving it will all the might she had into the forsaken skull. That shattering crack and iron blood… she shivered as she started to the dead beast before her…. Only to see Bigby still in the tunnel.

Taking the broken sword joelle moved towards Bigby, he wasn’t fighting right. Seeing blood seep from his body, as a forsaken attack… this wasn’t right… and it wasn’t fair she kept dragging people into her mess. If she lost him… If he lost his life… because of her… all his trying, all his hard work and effort, the life he was trying to have... the friends (even if he didn’t call them that ) he was making would all be ruined because she dragged him down. Pulled him around… drugged him, and then told him the words to wear off the potion now. If she had never given him the potion… if she hadn’t chose now to say those words… he’d be fighting better…. He probably wouldn’t be in this predicament… Bigby she yelled… her body pumping and moving in a way she never had… it was faster, yet everything felt kind of slow… she move beside him a forsaken lifeless at his side… She grabbed his face to look in his eyes still disoriented We need to get out of the tunnel! as the supposed to be dead forsaken rose from the ground and moved after them… it growled in pain and rage; snarling as joelle picked up the broken sword edging Bigby to keep going until it grabbed at him; ripping, gnashing and clawing his body. Joelle acted in an instant, and it wasn’t till she stood covered in blood had she realized what happened. She had taken the broken sword and shoved it up into the monsters throat. The forsaken slashing at her, once before its head almost came from its body… she stood a little shocked the sword falling from her grasp; she stood paralyzed in a trance.. pain, shock… adrenalin coursed through her until she started to the wolf… she moved to him shaken, working past the pain she felt, trying to replay what had happened… Can you make it to the surface??

Hunter and Red stood back to back… it felt like a similar situation they had once been in. Both bloody… and both somewhat tired. The shed was gone, ripped off apart. Weapons lay broken or sprawled. There was so many forsaken… and either this human had led them to a trap –which he opted for – or what she was after had a lot of value to these mongrels … ducking his head, hunter took the well sharpened axe the arm off one of these beings. Watching it twitch and fall as he jumped and cut down on the beast its body teetered to the side. He turned to red, they were a good fighting duo, a little rusty but nothing a few moments couldn’t fix… We need to get out of here. NOW! he hollard. There was no way they could stay here… for one thing they had found a nest… and with every one they killed another two showed up to replace it.

tab et to know »ME

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy time is consumed with:
gingerdoll
Bigby

friendtotorofriendtotoro For your concern of my safety im: Bigby’s apartment

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy mind is racing with: I’m horrible

friendtotorofriendtotoro Word meanings:

Loyal Conversationalist

User Image
User Image

Located: The Cafe || Company: the customers || Thoughts: Good lord! This pie is amazing!

Great, now she was up here with Hunter and Bigby was down there with the childish human known as Joelle. Ruby was seething in anger. It was quite easy to spot that she wasn't a very happy person at the time. She could tell that Hunter wasn't in the mood to talk to her. Not that she really minded, but perhaps it wouldn't be too bad to blow off some steam. She knew that he and Joelle didn't get along. At least she didn't believe they did considering the exchange of words when they had first met. She watched him turn to look at the wall that was covered in all sorts of weapons. She hadn't really paid much attention to it when she had first stepped foot in the little shed. But now that she had the time she was admiring everything that was before her. Plenty of swords, daggers, throwing knives... Every and anything that you could ever possibly want to have to protect yourself. Her hand reached out to touch a sword that sat before her on the wall. The bow and arrow had always been her weapon of choice, but it didn't mean that she didn't know how to fight with blades. Now was the time to see just how well her skills with a sword stayed with her.

As soon as she heard Bigby yelling hers and Hunter's names. "What the hell..." Then the sounds started. The shrieks from the Forsaken that were both fighting and being slain were echoing up the through the hole in the floor from where Ruby had just appeared not three minutes earlier. Her hand reached out for the sword that she had touched on the wall. With a quick yank the blade was in her hand and not seconds later the walls seemed to explode from where they stood. A yelp of surprise came from Ruby as she wielded the blade before her. She was going to survive this, but why were there so many freaking Forsaken here?! Ruby had just pulled her sword out of the stomach of one of the creatures when she heard Joelle's voice behind her. Her head whipped around to look and Joelle was right. Directly behind her, sharp long claws were aimed for her back. Ruby swiped the sword through the air and cut off the creature's arm right at the elbow. If only she had gotten both of it's arms. It's second swept out toward her and it's claws connected with her face sending a sharp burning sensation down the whole side of her face. From hairline to jawline there were four deep, red, and bloody scratches.

Red let out a yell mixed with pain and anger. And with one swift movement of her sword the creature was soon beheaded. She heard Hunter calling to her and she ran to him, placing her back against his. It was almost like old times. The thought made her chuckle lightly. She couldn't believe that there were so many of these creatures. She also couldn't believe that she was fighting with Hunter. Her back stayed glued to his until he broke away and took out a Forsaken who had gotten a bit too close. He yelled at her that they needed to get out of the area and her eyes rolled. "Yeah, no s**t." She called back to him then as she turned her head she saw the actual house back behind her, in front of Hunter. "High ground." She said then pointed with her sword to the roof top. "Come on!" She grabbed a hold of Hunter's hand and hauled him behind her to the house. It wasn't a clear pathway, but she cleared it for them. Ruby threw her sword up onto the roof then pointed at it. "Get up there then pull me up. Now!" Ruby ripped the necklace off of her neck, spoke the words that the witches had told her, then her bow and arrows grew instantly to their normal size. She knocked an arrow and drew the string back. Her arrow flew and hit it's mark, then a couple more. The arrow had gone directly through one of the Forsaken and embedded itself into the one behind. Apparently her arm was stronger than she though.

With an elated smile she turned back to Hunter and looked up at him on the roof. "Pull me up!" She called to him. "I can fend them off better from here and keep them away from the trap door to give Bigby and Joelle an escape route. Just, make sure none of them get up here." Ruby nodded to him then scaled up to the highest point of the roof and began releasing arrows almost quicker than she thought was possible. Sure, there were a bunch of those creatures, but that didn't mean anything. Ruby could hold her own with her arrows and that was exactly what she was doing. Finally she had an area cleared around the trap door for the wolf and the human to come out of. All she needed was for them to actually appear. "Come on.... Come on!" She chanted quietly as she kept the arrow drawn all the way back to her cheek.

User Image

User Image

His head was spinning, his senses in overdrive. Brown eyes blinked a few times trying to focus before he met an attacker head on, jaws sinking into forsaken flesh and tearing it apart easily. The taste was enough to make him gag but he held it back, paws shuffling uneasily as he shifted his weight. Fortunately Joelle was gone, disappearing down the tunnel as he instructed, leaving him to block the way, lips drawn back in a snarl. “You try me…..” he growled, biting and lashing out at Forsaken that came to close.

Claws and teeth sank into his legs and side, making him rear up only to hit his head on the low ceiling and growl, slamming his body against the tunnel wall to make the creatures clinging to him release. He could hear Red and Hunter fighting behind him, scuffling feet and the swinging of blades. The scent of Joelles blood in the air made him look round in concern, ears pulled forward before a hiss made him look back just in time to receive a heavy blow to his head. He staggered, hitting the wall of the tunnel and groaning, struggling to back away his world spinning. “Joelle…get out….” He said hearing the Halfling behind him, her footsteps and scent growing closer. Paws lashed out, flattening the forsaken in front of him before he tore into them with his powerful jaws. He heard a second growl behind and turned to have the beast Joelle had failed to kill latch around his throat. He howled, unable to turn in the narrow corridor to get the attacker off. Tufts of his fur were ripped away, blood splattering the ground before others joined the fray, leaping onto his back, actually managing to slowly begin to bring the wolf down to the ground. “Joelle….” He barked before the sword ripped through the forsakens neck. It released, allowing him to turn and finish those taking chunks out of him easily.

His paws were heavy as he ended the last forsaken life, ears pulling back as more battle cries rang out from the room down the end. Hands touched his fur, making him react and almost tear Joelles head from her shoulders. “I’m sorry….” He said, staggering backwards and nodding at her words. “Yeah….yeah I can…go…” he said, his muzzle nudging her up the ladder before he morphed and followed, hauling himself out and laying on the ground gasping for breath. He grunted and morphed back again, able to take his larger form in the destroyed shed. “I’m fine….” He panted, before hearing more forsaken cries. His ears dropped to lie against his head as they seemed to just ooze up through the floorboards beneath them. He couldn’t keep this up and protect Joelle…something wasn’t right.

An arrow struck the nearest forsaken making him glance round, spotting Red and Hunter on the roof of the house. They were positioned on the lower roof….high enough for him to…his expression hardened. His jaw moved quickly towards Joelle, muzzle half knocking her over before his teeth sank into her shirt. He lifted her clear off the ground, standing at an impressive 8ft. A quick glance around and he was across the garden, setting the Halfling on the roof and shrinking down. An 8ft wolf leaping onto a roof wasn’t a good idea….at all.

Standing at a size similar to her malamute he sprang at the walls, claws scratching at the wood as he hauled himself up towards the roof. He panted heavily, his fur missing large clumps, blood soaking his fur. About to claw at the roof a throwing knife embedded itself into his back, making him howl and loose his grip. He hit the ground with a sickening thud, laying there motionless for a moment, his chest rising and falling rapidly before he slowly began to get onto his paws, movements uneasy. Amber gaze shifted to the roof, settling on Joelle’s gaze, a look of defeat on his face, ears pulled back. “Go to Silverwood…..go! I’ll meet you there!” he barked, stepping backwards before turning and running, forsaken giving chase with the assortment of weapons they had found in Hooks keep. The jet black wolf ran quickly through the garden, leaping the fence only to have to scramble over the top and half fall down the other side. His injuries and the spell were affecting him heavily now, his pawsteps fumbling. He could head his heart pumping in his hears, hear every breath he took before it seemed to slow down, his vision blurring. His paws fumbled before he tripped over them, hitting the ground hard and laying still on his front eyes slipping closed. The sound of forsaken growing closer….with luck Joelle, Red and Hunter escaped. Maybe this would be it for him…maybe he’d pushed himself too far. He exhaled slowly, the world fading around him as he lost consciousness, grass turning red beneath him as his blood soaked it.

[OOC: Feel free to go back to Silverwood and yell at each other. You also have my permission to initiate a timeskip if you'd like. Let you recover a little.....and let me do some stuff with Bigby >=D ]

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

He had to strain his ears to listen to Red’s words. Over the gnashing of teeth and the shrieks of the forsaken, the words she had to offer were silent and muffled. He turned his head for a moment, eyes following her gaze only o turn around as a razor sharp jaw moved to wrap around his arm. With a quick side step e sliced the beat in two, only for another to charge him. With precision he threw the ax, watching it fly through the air and chop the neck of the beast. He moved with a fast gate, grabbing the axe. Adrenaline ran though his veins, his heart pumping and his senses on high. The last time he and red had been in such a situation… there was a portal to force her through… her safety hadn’t been a concern once she had left their world… but now… three gashes lay across her face… slow in healing but healing… he wished to slay the beast who had done that to her… but of course, all he could do was protect her from the ones coming.
                          Joelle had nearly fallen over when Bigby had turned on her, only to realize she was no attacker. Her eyes were wide like a doe, she swallowed heard, her heart jumping before she steady a bloody hand on the wall and wondered whose blood it was… hers or theirs.. bigbys. Its okay… she whispered, his body staggered over to edge her to move. She let her eyes stray to him as they moved, but by the end of the hall she too was finding it hard. As she climbed up and out of the hole, her entirety screamed silently in agony. She at first; didn’t know where the pain, or blood came from… but now she knew. It was her own. Her flesh torn open, holes in her body from where teeth or claws had sunken in… and her leg no longer felt as steady. Her eyes turned as Bigby made his way out… his bare flesh unrecognizable, in blood and in tatters. She felt almost sick… his fir no longer there to hide chunks of missing flesh. She went to move to him only to watch his body transform into an eight foot canine…

Hunter gave red a look as she screamed at him her “Now!” You don’t have to yell it twice.” he said, a chuckle faintly recognizable in his voice as he vaulted onto the wall. Turning he grabbed her hand, hauling her up to the lower roof. At this point he could only stand up and view the destruction that had become of the forsaken and property. An ambush… an unexpected surprise… a planned attack. He started to red as she loosed an arrow, a slight smile on his features. Her skills were still as sharp as ever… But at this point he only had a few throwing knives… and his axe Ah. So that was her plan. Not that they had never used the tactic before. He smiled to her with a raised eye brow…. Only to realize that this wasn’t for him or her or them it was for them and his raised brow to a recognizable detest. They could leave. Right now. Make it out alive and leave this place… But no no of course not. He hoped down from the roof an anger boiling in him… cursing under his breath… why had ge been born with the inadmissible need to help people! His eyes wide as he saw his Enemy… an eight foot giant of destruction. His hand gripped hard around his axe, only for him to look away and swing at insignificant beings…for this wolfs sake.
                          Joelle stood before Bigby in aw before a nausea struck her head. She felt his muzzle against her side, half tempted to let out a protest of pain and surprise as his jaws wrapped around her already ruined jean shirt. Three feet from the ground, her eyes, looking up to him only to find herself being placed upon the roof of the house beside Red. Her eyes looked up to the fable before she moved and turned around to see Bigby still on the ground. She looked down at him, hunter throwing his axe not to far from the wolf, killing a forsaken. She started to the hutsman… surprised by his will to help… less he fight for his own life and reds… but then. With quick movement… she saw it. The dark sadistic smile, a glint of merciless evil in his green orbs as something was thrown from his hand. Her breath caught, watching the knife embed itself into Bigby’s back mid jump. Bigby! her throat felt hoarse… a sudden heat in her eyes as that night so long ago came rising in her memories… She started to hunter to looked at the wolf as if he had done nothing… turning once more to kill a forsaken advancing on the fable wolf. Bigby… she felt her body being drained of her strength… the world becoming dizzy as her injuries began to take affect…
                          She watched him rise, amber hues settingly on her ocean orbs. She took in a deep breath… the look in his eyes… she didn’t like it… she went to move and nausea hit her like a train… his words faint… What!? NO! Bigby! Joelle made an attempted to stand, only to feel an electric pain shoot through her calf and up her theigh. What did she expect to accomplish. Chase after him? Order him like a dog to sit and obey!? She didn’t want him leading them away… sacrificing himself, his life… Why’d you make him promise! her thought would never reach her father, her hands balled into fists as the beasts disappeared… blood and silence littered her once joyful, tranquil backyard… Her heart suddenly felt heavy… not able to look to the other two for a moment… of course hunter had to chime in.

Good. They’re gone… he turned to look up at the two, noticing blood trickle down the roof top. He started at the human a moment and then to red. We’re leaving. Now. He started picking up the axe embedded into a dead body. He started at it. Bringing the axe down one more time, a sickening sound came from below, as hunter brought the axe down upon the skull dividing it in two and then crushing it under his foot. He looked up to Red, are you getting down yourself. Or am I helping? Offering a hand to catch her whether she took it or not before look at the human. His brows narrowed. He found it hard to find someone more stubborn than red. Hard to believe actually. He crossed his arms. Are you coming down. Or would you like to stay here? He watched her reaction the words I need help cause him to groan. Holding out a hand for her to take, but as he helped he dilibretly wedged his fingers into the wound on her side. Felling the warmth of her blood as she groaned in pain. Sorry! he made it seem true, genuine, such a sweet concern in his eyes as he then turned his gaze to red. But he wasn’t… Before either of you start. He hauled Joelle to her feet, started at the flesh torn from her leg before looking to Red. We’re leaving without the wolf. You need treatment His eyes locked with Reds. He wasn’t up for defiance. He just wanted out at rest. II’m not staying for re-enforcements to show up. He made his way down the side of the house cautiously… there was nothing… and the black car. Gone. The neighbourhood deathly still… He gave us opportunity to leave. Beside… Her murmured darkly… He’ll be back. Or not.Maybe not. Probably not. He hoped not. He started to the human the wolf so adamantly protected… And for a second it look as though her body was –like theirs – trying to heal itself. Only to fail… and try again. She looked pale, not that blood lose helped her…
                          Her body felt drained… and she couldn’t explain why… Rather than pain she felt empty… her eyes shut only have hunter haul her back up and voice his opinion. She started at the fence desperately for him to appear… but… Are you one of them. Hunters hand pulled her closer, his grip on her injured arm made her unwilling to struggle. Answer me. his grip tightening. I’m a halfing. She watched the hutsman blink as he tugged them along turning his gaze to her… Good joke. Captain Hook was my father… Her voice was not much more than a low silent whisper… but she didn’t hear hunters reply. Her head turning back to the house… trying to look past the yard towards the forest behind… She prayed for his safety. That he’d come back… That when she returned to the apartment… he’d be standing there… she didn’t want his last “I love you” to be a lie. Said to someone he didn’t love… she didn’t want his last thoughts to be about a girl he was bound to protect… he didn’t want his life to be wasted on a job, controlled by Ichabon… she didn’t want him to die… Her eyes slowly looked to Red… her face … that was it.

Hunter had walked with Red back to the complex and left Joelle disposed to whoever whished to take her. She heard talk of the witches and could care less about the supposed halfing. “Surprising isn’t it… that Hook had a kid.” He heard someone say… apparently Silverwood wasn’t made aware of her birth… then again. Who wanted to announce they had relations with a human, and had a kid in the process. The thought was taboo for Hunter, and most other fables might agree… it bothered hunter enough to be In their world… he started to Red. You should go see them too. Get looked after. I’ll pay the fee . he stated. He wanted to see if the wolf really would come back… if he’d come looking for either female… and maybe… in his absence… Did he really want press the wolf matter? Was he sure he wanted the answer as to why Red seemed to suddenly have an attached this flee bag . the same flee bag that attempted to rip out her throat and his as well… they were all good enough questions…all worth answers. He deserved an answer. It was his business to know. Whether red agreed or not… but the answers were what bugged him… We wasted out time. Risked our lives… he didn’t look at her for a while… For what? A Bag full of books. That was a trap. Some halfing just shows up, and people follow along… and the wolfs in on it. He comes knocking on your door to drag you into that! And I can’t believe you just went with them. No I cant believe you even answered the door. I though you hated her. Or did you go because of the wolf? Whats with you? Last I check you hated that ******** wolf. Never mind hated. You feared him and with good reason to. You came running to me just the other night when he showed up at your apartment. Now you’re suddenly all up In arms about him getting hurt. And ******** apologies!? What? What did I miss!? Is he your pet all of a sudden? Want to fill me in on why you’re hanging out with that conniving canine? Or is that not my territory to cross. Cause after risking my life to save you from him I damn right think it is. He was practically seething… Ready to punch out or strangle the nearest thing… Everything he had done to protect her. All the work and effort to keep her safe, allow her to live a comfortable life… protected from danger was going up in smoke. She was spending time with the wolf, there was forsaken in the world he had sent her too… his life… his whole life all he wanted was for her to just Look at him… he had given her everything… and it felt like she was crushing it.

“Ah… so fascinating… what a treat if she dies…” Joelle suddenly woke with a splitting migraine and searing pain in her body. She moved to sit only to find that her body protested the very action. A hand, cold, bony and wrinkly moved her back down and smiled at her wearily. “Move little child. It is not wise for you to do so.” Through groggy eyes she started to witches. Witches. She wasn’t supposed to be here! She felt their bony hands trace upon her body. “Nor does this work.” Said a voice near her side… “She be not human, or fable alone…” She felt something press against her wound and she cried out in pain. “We have cleaned out the wounds child.” She felt sick looking at the witches… “You were brought.” Said the witch with a conniving smile. “You did not come on free will.” The sick twisted voice of decent… manipulation. I promised someone I wouldn’t come anymore – “The wolf.” The witch said matter-a-fact “He was under the spell… He wont remember –“ It doesn’t matter. I knew magic was a horrible idea… thank you… but im leaving. The witch hissed in anger. I’ll watch her…. a feline voice purred its way into the room… a black silky cat better nown as Germlink from Alice in Wonderland, or who is residence of the witch who lives In the bony marsh… I hate cats. You detest me stubborn fledgling. But I’ll help you back. For what favour. And may I remind you only a foot tall.

. Joelle stood leaning agasint the door frame. Trickles of blood… in the hall… gremlin floating as Joelle had let go of him. He had sweet satisfaction upon his furry lips. Say it. He stated… setting the book bag on the floor. The halfing turned… and started to him. The words bitter and sickening. She hated detested, absolutely loathed cats with a passion and all the cat wanted was the satisfaction of watching her rely on him. Thank you. she said the words as sweetly as she could to the silver grey feline. I’m surprised you haven’t died yet… His encouraging words filtered into the apartment… he seem adamant about not going any further…. She turned, he words so encouraging… Thanks… Best to try and stay alive… the witches – I’m done with witches… He licked his paw and rubbed his ear. Suit yourself… have fun with you work… How do you!-… he was gone… leaving her to solitude, her own thoughts, pain and a vicious cycle of what felt like death and life…. Shower… she though hazily… watching as blood trickle down… as she pealed cloth from her body…

tab et to know »ME

Loyal Conversationalist

User Image
User Image

Located: Her apartment || Company: Bigby || Thoughts: Someone tried to make you their pet. How cute.

Ruby had kept the promise she'd made to herself. She was going to watch anyone's back who needed it. She saw Joelle and Bigby come back out of the hole and protected them as best she could. When Bigby came running over to place Joelle on the roof beside them she turned her gaze to the woman. Red wanted nothing to do with this girl, but she felt an obligation to keep her safe. To make sure that she was protected. The wolf took off to lead the Forsaken away from the three and Hunter was quick to get the girls off of the roof and out of this place. Red's eyes rolled as she jumped off of the roof and was greeted by the feel of Hunter's hand on her. "I'm fine." She said almost a little irritably. What was wrong with her? Possibly the fact that Bigby had just taken off, possibly being killed, and all that Hunter could think about was getting the hell out of there. Sure, Bigby had almost killed both herself and Hunter, but that was years ago. And something that should be left alone. These were different times. They needed to stick together. There was no reason to be fighting with your own kind.

Her green eyes turned to the direction that Bigby had taken off the same time that Joelle's had. Typical girls. Wondering if the handsome yet rugged wolf was going to be coming back from leading the Forsaken off. Hunter and Joelle exchanged words that didn't really need to be said. Everyone was always on edge now. Hunter due to the fact that Ruby had taken a liking to Bigby. Joelle for the fact of what she'd done to Bigby. And Ruby for the fact that no matter what had happened in the past, now she couldn't think about losing someone who was so detrimental to the survival of the town that was Silverwood. She sighed quietly then her eyes met Joelle's. Her head shook. Why, she had no idea but she wasn't in the mood for conversation. Red didn't bother altering her bow and quiver as she walked down the sidewalk with Hunter. The handle was gripped tightly in her hand and the quiver strap was resting diagonally across her body. If there was going to be anymore trouble, she was going to ready for it. Thankfully, there wasn't. The walk back to her apartment was one in silence. Joelle took off to go to the witches to seek help for her injuries. That wasn't where she wanted to go. Red watched as she took off then heard Hunter's words about it being good for her to see them. "No. I'm not going to them."

She turned on her heel then headed into the apartment complex and instantly kicked off her shoes the second she stepped foot in her home. Hunter had followed her, and unfortunately for him she still had her bow in hand. The more he spoke the more angry she became. And the more angry she became the more she wanted to nock and arrow and tell him to get the hell out of her living space. On and on he went, cursing at her and demanding to know what was going on. The only problem, if she told him what was really going on, that she had slept with him... That she didn't like the way that Joelle was looking at him... That she felt she had to be around Bigby and Joelle constantly when they were together because she thought Joelle would pull some two faced human move like she had just last night, Hunter would never speak to her again. He'd leave her life and never come back. Part of her wanted that, she wanted it to torture herself. She didn't deserve to have a best friend such as Hunter. He was too good for her. But in her defense, she didn't even know that Hunter was in Silverwood when she and Bigby had their relations. Red took in a deep breath and closed her eyes. To tell, or not to tell. Her forefinger and thumb of her free hand gripped the bridge of her nose and she shook her head lightly.

"Don't talk to me like that. You have no right. Someone would think with the way that you speak to me you'd be my father. Well guess what, you're not. And what happened with Bigby in the past is just that, the past. Pick up, move on, forget it." Apparently it was not to tell. "Does it really matter what's going on with me right now? Sure I came to you that night after he came to my apartment. That's because I had just found out who he really was after living around him for over a year. Having him glare at me and make vague threats my direction. Of course I was frightened. I was scared to death, that's why I left my home and found you. Was I wanting to find you? No...." When she saw Hunter's facial expression to what she just said she back peddled. "That's not what I meant. I meant I wasn't expecting to run into you. Sure some things can be exactly the way that they used to be. But other things can't. It's complicated." Ruby moved to the couch and pulled the quiver off of her back as she sat down. "There aren't many of us left. And we're all facing and fighting the same common enemy. we're stronger together than we are separate. But if you can't understand that then I feel sorry for you."

Her head shook then she stood and walked to her bathroom and stopped just short of the door. "Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a couple of deep, nasty scratches on my face that need to be taken care of. I've lost too much blood as it is. You can go home or stay here. But if you stay here, you had better not accuse me of anything else or yell at me again." Red stepped into her bathroom then saw to cleaning herself up. By the time she fussed with her face for a good fifteen minutes she decided it would just be best to take a shower. She stood under the hot water for a while, just letting the water run over her tired and sore frame. The redhead finally stepped out of the shower then dried off quickly and made her way to her room. She didn't want anymore to do with this day. And the quickest way to be rid of it was to sleep the rest of it away, and that was exactly what she was planning on doing. Ruby crawled into bed and fell asleep almost instantly. Hopefully the next couple of days would bring better luck.

They certainly had, brought more luck that was. A couple of days passed and there were no disturbances of any kind. The city was quite, almost too quiet. She hadn't heard much from Hunter the past couple days. Perhaps he needed a bit of time away himself. Red certainly knew that she needed it. Through the past few days she'd thought about a lot. Did she want to make things work with Hunter and leave Bigby for Joelle? Or did she want to even try her luck with Bigby? Maybe it was just best that she'd leave both of them alone. Avoid them even. That was the decision she had gone for. Just leave them both alone as best she could. Work with them only if she had to, and keep it strictly professional. She didn't need a relationship, but if she was going to form one it was going to natural, not forced due to the fact that she wanted to make another woman jealous. It was the middle of the day when she decided she wanted to go for a small walk. Her necklace of her bow and quiver was around her neck, settled nicely against the hallow of her throat. It was going to be a nice day, no Forsaken, no disturbances. Nothing. That's what she thought, until she came upon a creature in a garden that looked suspiciously like Bigby.

The closer Red got to the dog the more she realized that it was in fact the wolf. There was something around his neck that made him look like a house dog. She stifled a chuckle coming from her lips then looked at him a little more carefully. "s**t..." Something wasn't right. Ruby tried to rouse him gently, hoping that he wouldn't take off her face if she tried to forcefully. He was hurt, she could definitely tell that. The other thing she could tell was the fact that he looked as though someone had mistaken him for just another dog and was trying their best to domesticate him when he had gotten away and perhaps collapsed right where he was? With the fact that he was the size of a medium sized dog, maybe it wouldn't be so hard to carry him back to her place. She was only a couple blocks from her apartment. Was she really so wimpy that she wouldn't be able to pick up and carry a canine so far as a couple of blocks? She sure wasn't. But by the time she'd gotten him up the stairs and into her apartment she was sure breathing heavily. "God damn. You're gonna have to lose a little weight." Ruby joked quietly with him as she set him down onto the floor. "Bigby. Oi. Wake up now. I know you're in no mood, but shift to your bigger size, you know you heal quicker that way. Come on." She urged him quietly as she walked to the bathroom to get a washcloth to begin cleaning out his cuts. So much for trying to avoid him.

It had all been a bit of a blur. He'd been lying in a backyard, bleeding and hearing the onslaught of forsaken that would no doubt rip him limb from limb approaching. The first load of footsteps was enough to make him try and haul himself back to his paws, his legs protested and with a groan he flopped back down into the grass panting heavily, eyes drifting skyward. This was it then....this was how his story ended. Not with a bang but with a whimper,the Big Bad wolf unable to properly defend himself.... And why? He didn't know....couldn't remember. He closed his eyes before the first set of claws latched into his back, yanking and tugging at him. He sank his claws into the Earth, snarling before another set sank in just above his hind legs. They pulled hard, skin tearing and just like that they rolled the wolf over onto his back and pounced, biting and clawing at his exposed underbelly. Bigby snarled,trying to roll back before a swooshing noise filled the air and the forsaken was batted away. "Shoo raccoons....!" an old woman with thick glasses wielded a broom. "You leave this pup alone....go on! Get!" Bigby watched in awe as the forsaken fled before a wrinkly hand touched his head, drawing an involuntary snarl from him.

"There there, those nasty raccoons are gone now" Bigby was still looking around nervously, slowly trying to get to his paws. He realised the woman's sight wasn't that good,and for once this had worked in his favor. He whined and stumbled, vision swimming before he fell down again huffing and letting his ears lie against his head. "You're hurt....don't you worry. I may be old but when my son gets here he'll help get you inside...." her hand ran over his head gently,the rhythm more than enough to aid his descent into unconsciousness.

"Here we go Baxter. Some nice beef for you...." Bigby opened his eyes slowly, seeing a plate of freshly cooked beef slices placed infront of him. He looked to the woman, ears tugging forward Baxter? Was she serious? The woman's son had arrived late that afternoon and despite his snarling had carried him inside, laying him on the cushions the old woman had set up by her fireplace. His wounds had been seen to a little and during his conscious moments he had taken to.drawing his tongue over them.

The warmth of the fire soothed his aching body and the meat wasn't about to be rejected. Slowly he plucked a piece from the plate,chewing on it and wincing as the old woman's hand scratched behind his ears. "That's a good boy" she left him alone to eat,the wolf curling up comfortably when he'd finished, dozing off slowly. "Baxter....I have a surprise for you..." the woman's voice drew him from his sleep. Smacking his lips together he looked to her,yawning before feeling shaking hands move near his neck. He struggled briefly before feeling the collar pulled tight. "Shhh.Baxter....you look so dashing" Bigby was sat up, body shaking with over exertion before he felt her hand stroke over his head, scratching under his muzzle. His eyes closed happily, tail wagging involuntarily before he settled down, scowling at the fire. Was he actually enjoying this? Was he crazy? His head rested on his paws, eyes drifting to the old woman who was rocking beside him in her chair, knitting a scarf. "You've made me very happy Baxter...I've been alone for many years....too many" Bigby sighed You and me both.... He thought to himself before letting sleep wash over him.

The next couple of days he slowly began to heal. The old woman feeding him, brushing him and talking to no end. Unfortunately she had missed his best endeavours to tell her his largest wound was infected. Fever was setting in and it was when she brushed her hand over it.accidentally that he snapped and barked at her, getting him a newspaper hard across the muzzle. "Baxter! That's it, out. You Bad dog!" he was dragged by his collar, paws resisting, scratching against the floor before she forced him into the yard. He turned to watch as the door was closed and locked. "You can come in when you've calmed down" she said, leaving him alone.

Bigby walked slowly around the yard, ears pulled back. He couldn't climb the fence and he couldn't morph back. Pain seared through his wound making him bite back a howl. Hours passed and he was soon out cold, resting on his side.

He hadn't even realised he was being carried he was so out of it. It was only when Red tried to rouse him in her apartment that he finally woke. He grunted painfully, rolling to lay on his front, the scents and smells confusing him. "What... Where am I...?" he asked looking around, his dog tag jingling gently. Brown eyes settled on Red, confusion clouding them briefly. "Red...how'd you find me....how'd I get here?" he went to stand only to cry in pain. "The wound... On my side. It's infected...could you? I can't shift until it's clear of infection...." he said looking around slowly. His eyes glazed over in sadness. "Red....was there anyone around when you took me?" he asked, mind imaging that kind old woman crying out for her Baxter, sobbing... All alone in that house once more. He swallowed hard, setting his head on his paws sadly. "It doesn't matter...." he murmured, taking some comfort in the cold metal of his name tag pressing against his chest.

Loyal Conversationalist

User Image
User Image

Located: Her apartment || Company: Bigby || Thoughts: What do you remember....?

Bigby spoke up as she was just bending over him to clean his wounds. "How did I find you? I was going for a walk and saw you laying out in some yard. A garden area. Had a feeling that you weren't healing properly. So I decided to bring you back here. Probably a stupid decision really..." She trailed off quietly on her comments then nodded as he spoke about the infected area. "Yeah, sure, let me get some hydrogen peroxide. Be back in two ticks." Red placed her hand on her knee then pushed herself up and went to rummage around the medicine cabinet in her bathroom. Her hand wrapped around the small bottle and she walked back to the living room. She unscrewed the cap then placed the rag against the opening and tipped it over. A small area in the rag soaked up the liquid and she knelt back down beside Bigby. "This is going to sting a bit. Try not to bite me, kay?" Her head nodded slightly as if she were answering for him then placed the rag into the wound. She winced, almost feeling like she was taking on his pain.

"Anyone around you? No. It was just you. Alone, lying unconscious." It was a rather strange question. Maybe because he had been surrounded by all of the Forsaken? Red continued to clean out his wounds until she thought that she'd gotten the last bit of anything foreign in his system. "Hopefully that'll do it." She said mainly to herself as she stood back up then threw the rag into the trash and began to wash her hands. She didn't know how badly infected his wound was, whether it was poisoned from the Forsaken or what. And she wasn't going to take any risks right now. Ruby had just finished drying her hands then walked back to Bigby and looked at him. Something was out of place. For sure. She couldn't place her finger on it until she noticed the collar for the second time that surrounded his neck. Her eyebrows pulled together as she stared at it. How could he have actually allowed someone to place a collar around his neck? How out of character for him.

Red knelt down to slip the collar off of his neck and heard a growling noise come from him. Her hands backed off for a second. Had she found another wound that she hadn't cleaned? Green eyes examined the area and realized that she hadn't missed anything. She placed her hands down onto the collar to remove it for the second time and he growled again at her. "Alright, s**t, be a house pet. See if I care." She raised her hands away from her like one would if they were being placed under arrest. Ruby placed her self down on her couch and crossed her legs then placed on arm on the arm rest and the other on the back of the couch. "But don't expect me to allow you up on the couch, Mr. Domesticated." Her head shook. Something was wrong. Perhaps it was the fact that he'd been drugged and probably didn't remember anything about what had gone on the past couple of days. She could tell she only had a small window to ask him any questions before he would more than likely pass out to regenerate his lost skin and fur. "Hey, do you remember anything about the last couple days? Being with Joelle..."

Of course she was going to question him about this. She felt like she deserved to know. Even though Joelle had told her that Bigby wouldn't remember anything about what had happened, what she'd done. Ruby still needed to ask and figure it out. So whatever he didn't remember she could fill in. She knew the whole story now, and she threatened..... no, promised Joelle that she'd tell Bigby if he really ended up not remembering anything. The situation was too weird for Bigby to not remember what had happened to him. It was his body that had been practically hijacked and used to the benefit of another person. A human of all things. Joelle may be a half-ling, but she'd never truly belong with the Fables. Not as long as Ruby could help it.

Keep still....easier said than done. The peroxide stung and burned drawing a snarl from the wolf. He looked down, his claws digging into the wooden floor, a growl rumbling in his throat as he fought the need to pull away. Finally it was over,letting him exhale and rest his head on his paws. "Thanks...." he panted quietly. 

So the old woman hadn't seen him being taken. Probably for the best but he couldn't help but feel sadness. What if she thought he'd abandoned her....if she blamed herself for yelling at him? Ears pulled back before Reds hands slipped around his neck, fumbling with his collar. He was surprised by his own reaction, the growl an involuntary reaction. He saw her examine the area briefly, wondering if she'd hurt him before trying again. This time the growl was partially his own doing. His fur bristled along his spine, body tensing before she backed off,letting him calm down. Mr.Domesticated?  He snorted at her irritability "I'm nobody's pet...." he snarled, resting his head on his paws sleepily.

His eyes shifted to Red as she asked another question. Remember the last couple of days.....being with Joelle? "That's an odd question Red" he said slowly getting to his paws. He sat up, drawing in a few slow breaths before answering. "In all fairness the last few days have been a bit of a jumbled mess. Lemme think...." he said, tail tapping gently against the floor as he thought.

"So we came to get you...we were going to Hooks keep. Trapdoors...corridors and books. Then forsaken attacked... No..Joelle said something to me before that...." he frowned "I can't remember what she said....she apologised for something though. Maybe the move she made on me a few days prior... We weren't really getting on well after that. Alot of silence.... " he said quietly, sounding uncertain in his words. He shook his head "I remember helping Joelle onto the roof and having to flee....then-" he looked to her, collar jingling "-nothing really.... Just resting up" he said before slowly getting to his paws and making his way to the window.

He managed to stand on his hind legs, front paws on the windowsill "I take it Ichabon took care of the cleanup... " he said before grunting in agony and pulling away from the window. "Dam...forsaken" he said, pawsteps uneasy before he laid down. "I'll be out of your hair the second I can shift....promise...." he said, eyes slipping closed. "Red?" he asked quietly.

"Don't tell anyone where I am.....I just want a few days to rest. Please?" he asked before falling asleep.

He spent the next three days with Red, resting and healing. Slowly building his strength. Naturally he hid whenever Hunter paid a visit and was glad to hear Joelle was recovering from her injuries. He couldn't hide a nagging feeling that Red wanted to tell him something, moments she'd start a sentence and forget it when she saw him wince or heard him whine.

He discovered fairly quickly that Reds apartment looked out towards the old woman's home. Many a time Red had managed to enter the apartment unheard and catch him staring longingly out the window, head on the windowsill, ears flat against his head. Even stranger despite his unwillingness to have the collar round his neck removed was his reaction to his name. Naturally Red had laughed until she cried upon reading his dog collar but soon found calling Bigby wasn't grabbing attention as quick as calling Baxter. "Shut up Red! Why would I want to be a stupid housepet!? Just drop it" he'd snarled at her one evening before heading to bed.

"You got my clothes?" Bigby approached her slowly as she entered the apartment with a bundle. His tail wagged involuntarily as he took them from her. "Thank you..." he said through the bundle before trotting off to the bathroom.

He emerged over an hour later in human form. Fresh from a shower, dressed in a shirt, trousers and loose tie. Still maintaining his rugged appearance. "Feels weird... After so long." he said moving to the window. In his hand lay his collar, tight in his grip. His eyes saddened as he saw the house in the distance before he cleared his throat and looked to Red. "Thank you....for putting up with me. I know it can't have been easy." he said gently, collar subtly slipped into his pocket. "I dread to think what Adams been doing in my absence... " he murmured. Adam had been given Bigby job the second Ichabon heard the wolf had gone AWOL and was presumed dead. "Suppose I should thank Joelle for saving my life that day too...." he said with a weak smile.

He frowned at Red curiously "You ok? You look like you want to scream at something..." he folded his arms slowly "What's wrong?" he asked sternly. Always the way with the wolf, ignore his own problems and focus on someone else's to.draw away people's attention.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff