Tipsy Bookworm

15,390 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bookworm 100
Kate Harvey
@Bigby's office, With Bigby, Adam, Joelle(?) and Crane

User Image

Kate wasn't really offended by Adam's remark about taking forever to do anything. She was too busy thinking about what was going to happen next. "Yeah, I get ya. But, I don't know if I can just drop someone in it like that. No one is going to ask where I heard anything, because I'm not going to let on that I know. I'm not really sure what you expect me to do." She was getting flustered. Having the actual book didn't matter as much to her, as she knew now that she never would have sold it; and she had duplicate digital copies of it which no one knew about. So she had all the information, even if she didn't have the article itself; and right now, having the true article was getting a bit dangerous. And now there was talk of minds being wiped! "What, do you want the book now too?"

Before there was time to answer the two had reached the floor where Bigby's office was. There was an angry looking man outside the office, whom Adam addressed as the Mayor. The door to the office was open and Kate locked eyes with Bigby. She knew what he was now, what they all were, but wolves were generally loyal; so she assumed that could the rest of them speak they would be loyal to their word. This Ichabod character looked like he wanted to wring Kate's neck; and that was not very assuring. She gently placed a hand on Adam's outstretched arm, signalling him to let her pass, and gave him a small wink. "Thanks. I'll be fine." Her voice was low and she was a bit less certain than earlier in the day.

She walked straight over to Bigby and pulled the real book out of the waist of her jeans. It was wrapped in a large piece of old, soft, leather. She held onto the book until Bigby had a firm grasp on it. "I have all the answers I need." Her eyes were soft and serious, but she was annoyed that he'd lied to her, even if only by technicality. She didn't want to be around this Ichabod fellow any longer than she had to, something about him gave her the heebee-geebees. Her eyes still locked on Bigby's, she spoke low enough that only he could hear. "I wasn't lying about those cyphers; most of them mention forsaken. Don't brush it off, this book is a tool."

She released the book and straightened her jacket out. Her normal air of confidence was wrapped around her like a coat of bravado. "I'll be taking this back." She picked up the decoy book, from their escape, from the desk and pushed it into her bag. She looked at Adam and then Bigby again as she headed toward the stairs. "If you need me -and you will need me- you know where to find me." She waved her fingers in the air as she headed down the stairs, completely ignoring the Mayor.

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
MyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoroUser Image

User Image

Hunter began to think that maybe him standing here. Was rather pointless. There was no answer at the door. And he had come to two conclusions. She a) wasn’t home b) she was ignoring him… It wouldn’t be the first time in their relationship that he had done something to piss her off. Arguing with her, telling her what to do. Sometimes just being a guy. And right now. He wasn’t sure if it was that, or something else. He sighed. Hearing foot steps on the stairs. He didn’t need for someone to mistaken him as a creep or a stalker.

Hunter turned from the door, only to pause frozen. His heart sped up. There she was. And there she was driving a stake through his heart. It took a moment for reality to hit him. That the smile he had given her had gone complete ignored as she wedged herself between the door and him. Opening it and walking right by her. The huntsman looked at her floor. What the held did he do. What the hell did he not do. Did he miss something? Her birthday? A special day? Was it that time? And suddenly, he found himself crossing his arms and starting at the open apartment. So. What. Was he wanted in. Or not. Did he stroll in or did he leave. This was what the guys talked about back home. This is what he meant when he said she was like the wind. He could feel her presence all he wanted. As hot as summer or as chilling as winter… but he would never be able to touch her or hold her. I should just leave then. Don’t even know why I should bother at this point.

His eyes followed her wherever she went. Leaving so often as he adjusted himself. Until she came back and closed the door in his face. He wasn’t about to budge. She told him to come. And now. Something was up. And he wanted to know just what it was that he had done wrong. It was odd to think how something that she be so second nature… almost seemed so new, alien and unfamiliar. He knew his ruby. But felt like there were parts of her that he didn’t anymore. To be honest, he couldn’t even put his finger on it anymore. He had spent time away. To be introduced once more. It had felt like a wall had just come and smacked him up side the head… all he wanted was for her to be back at his side. Where he saw she belong… but maybe he was waking from the delusion he’d created. The comfort he had grown used to. She wasn’t always there… and maybe, she hadn’t really been there to begin with.

When she had invited him in. He noted the tone in her voice. Something was up. But he stepped in none the less.

His eyes followed her as she moved and leaned up against the counter. He noticed the distance between them. Far, uncomfortable… he felt unwanted. “So what are you doing here?” He listening to her voice. And though he wanted to say no, he felt like she had done something. But brushed it aside. He wasn’t in the mood to pry her apart again. It was always a struggle with her. A bear tussle if one may. Where until she got exhausted or he gave up, she wouldn’t speak and he wouldn’t stop pressing the matter. As of this moment… he was still trying to figure out if he was in the clear. He looked away. Rubbing at his chin before diving into the fact he had come to check up in on her. And wondered if she wanted to go out somewhere. Though he didn’t press the detail that he still didn’t know as to where.

That smile. The smile that melted his worries, warmed his heart and made him want to steal her away. The precious smile that he lived to see every day. He found himself smiling back. It was the only thing he could do. Yeah, uh no problem. I’m fine I ate at work… Watching her head to the kitchen and quickly prepare food for herself. But the atmosphere was tense. Awkward… quiet. Heavy really. There wasn’t much to say. For the first time ever. He found himself leaning on a wall. It was like starting a new friendship. But worse. Because it was with someone he had known for his entire life. And by the time she had finished everything. He still hadn’t figured out where exactly he had wanted to take her.

Standing outside, hands shoved in his pockets he looked down the hall. Figured we could walk around. Go to a bar… There’s a new one. A good one as of what a few buddies of mine have said. Or there’s a street party down town. he watched her as they walked out of the building. If you want to go. That is Where to take her. Where to go… Really… I just feel lost. Not sure as to what context he was referring to. Lost with her. Lost in this world. Lost to himself… he had always found some light in being by Red’s side. It was bright. And Radiant like her personality. Bold and in your face. But it seemed dim compared to what he once saw it as. I thought we could use this night to start fresh. he said slowly. Still trying to figure out what he was even trying to say. What do you say?

((I feel like this is a s**t post im sorry)

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

xx just a parasite!! Human

friendtotoro etˊs get started » SHALL WE ▪ I'M JOELLE TINK SESINK ▪

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

she couldn’t look at him. She could hear the concern in his voice, not sure if she wanted to even bring it up later or say something when the mayor left. All he wanted was for her to behave, not to be a chore, a child he needed to babysit. And now, now she was in position that put him at rist of his job, his health, his sanity… everything that he worked to build up over all these years would now come crashing down. Because of her. She needed to keep her attitude at bay. She sucked in a breath. Thing was. She wasn’t sure what was causing all these moods wings. And she could mist definitely say she wasn’t on her time of the month…. And the witches were of no help.

Joelles eyes finally jumped to the wolf when he stood up to defend her. No Bigby. Please… her thoughts unheard as the mayor seemed to glare down the wolf for his stance. She could feel the tense atmosphere. Taste it on her tounge. It was sickening. And the inhuman growel that escaped Bigby’s lips only seemed to prove the mess she had further created. What have I done? her head resting in the palm of her head. Listening as Bigby dropped himself into his seat. She glanced over to him from the corner of her eye. He was borderline hostile.Ready to tear at something or calm down and walk away from the situation with little to no maiming of anyone. She took in a breath. Hoping that somehow this girl would return soon. But soon wasn’t soon enough as the deputy mayor seemed pleased by the silence. Content that he had put Joelle and Bigby right where he wanted them. Under his foot. And sadly, there was a voice in her head edging her on. Telling her to try again. And this time. Make a point. She felt sick. Glancing upward to the relief that finally came when Adam and Kate walked through the door.

The only relief that Joelle was granted was that the deputy mayor was no longer paying attention to her, but to the full human and fabl that had made their way into the room. She started at Kate. And for a moment. She thought of herself. The same human who had walked into a fable world unannounced to her. Living life freely until something comes along (or well a wolf) and wakes her you up from the lie you’ve lived. Somewhere, in side of Joelle was jealousy. As Kate walked past the Mayor without a glance or care; ignoring the man who had threatened her and acted as if he was nothing more than a fly on the wall. The halfing wished that she too could treat such filth as the garbage it was. But…. She was not blessed with that gift.. She was half bound to this fable world. And now bound by contract under the man who had ruined her father now sought to ruin the lives of others… Bigby in particular. She sighed. Watching the human and the fable leave. It was now back down to three.

Joelle started at the book that now laid in Bigby’s hand. Her gazing shifting to the mayor who seemed highly unimpressed. She could make a snide comment. Something in her was telling her to. Say it. The voice said. Adrenaline coursing through her veins. But she bit down on her lips and focused on the words that came out of the mayors mouth. “How do we know it’s the original?” Joelle raised an eye brown. Watching the mayor snatch the book away from bigby and look through the contents. Its not.” The mayor looked at her, like she was some child making stupid remark. “I have the real copy here in my hands. You humans; few are blessed with brains the rest like you are all moronic idiots.” She smiled. Joelle didn’t budge this time. She took in a deep breath, her eyes shut. I’ve seen your library. None of your stories are the originals. The mayors brow tightened. Remembering the encounter he first had with her. “You saw nothing.” I saw names, dates. The originals done have that. They’re to old for that. The mayor crossed his arms. Her tone was even and it wasn’t snide. He moved to the door and waited for her to follow.

Joelle stood calmly. She paused looking at bigby. Her heart was pounding ,but her gaze locked with his. Her geyes were reassuring…well as reassuring as she could make it. Before stepping out of the office and starting at the mayor who waited for her grand explanation as to how she knew more than he did. “ It will be in the report.” She sad slowly. He didn’t seem satisfied. But he always didn’t seem unhappy about it either. I also need access to this library. He didn’t seem happy to hear that though. The books in your library are different from the records held in my fathers. I need to analyze them. The mayor rubbed his chin, as if somehow it would magically make all the difference. “Fine.” He said slowly. “But, if I find one book missing –“ “Than Than give me an office. “What do I look like? A ******** Genie!” Joelle took inabreath. No. But if I have a place to work, then you know where the books will be,. I am able to “I get it.” But she didn’t like the way he said that “A private place so no one disturbs you. I assume work will not be the only thing done in that office than..” His eyes started over to bigby’s office. He was sick. “I’ll let you two ******** around some more, just make sure to get actual work done.” He waited… and waited… It took a lot not to say anything. His brows narrowed. “You’ve learned quick b***h. Keep it that way. I’ll see you tomorrow morning 7:00 AM Sharp. Or else.” And he walked away. How could someone make an office seem so inappropriate.

Joelle rubbed a hand over her face. And now it was just her and bigby. That seemed more terrifying than walking in on a meeting. Well after what had just happened. He was edgy. And most of that had been her fault. She started at the office door for a moment, before finding her composer to open the door and step back in. She started at him. He had seemingly been waiting… She tried to give a smile… but she let it go quick. Who was she kidding? This was not about to turn into sun shines, lollipops and rainbows. She was lucky if a star might fart and shed just a smidgen of light on this moment.

I had the great pleasure of meeting the mayor earlier today. The words were quiet, yet extremely bitter… when she spoke it was like acid. She stuck her hands in her pack pockets. She couldn’t bring herself to sit down beside him. Or near him. She just kept causing him trouble. And it was a great feeling to have when everything else was already piling onto her emotionally. It didn’t go well. Her words slow. Trying to delay the possible questions that were forming in his head. She looked up to him. Does he always walk around with a ten foot poll up his a** or was he born with it. she took a step, and then another. Looking at the paperwork that was spread onto his desk. He didn’t do anything, really. I’m fine….physically. she smiled. My fathers keep… lets go another night. she looked up to him now. Catching his gaze. I can help you sort out some of these… if you want. Take a load off your shoulders. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to bring up her case yet, the fact she was now being blamed for her parents murder…… He had so many other things to deal with… and sorting out her messes, didn’t need to be one of those things… its just if she didn’t tell him now…. Would he be mad about it later

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

tab et to know »ME
tab tab xxxx▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅▅x▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy time is consumed with:
gingerdoll
Bigby

friendtotorofriendtotoro For your concern of my safety im: Bigby’s office

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy mind is racing with: get through this day.

friendtotorofriendtotoro Word meanings:

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro═════════════════════════════════════╝
((Format Later. ....being lazy))

Brown eyes locked on Kate's as she approached, fishing the book out and offering it to him. She had the answers she needed? The wolf let his Brows pull together " If you're sure...." he said gruffly, taking the book and turning it over in his hands. He glanced back to her as she spoke of ciphers, nodding once in acknowledgment and straightening up as she slipped past him to retrieve the book she used for a decoy. "Thank you Kate...." he said calmly before she said her final piece and left the room.

No sooner had the door closed was the book snatched from his fingers, the wolf growling briefly in irritation and rubbing his jawline. "Looks like the real deal to me" he said folding his arms, raising an eyebrow at the mayor. "Bufkin could confirm that straight away if you were that worried." He said. Naturally Joelle threw in her two cent, the wolf glaring her, willing her to shut up. Was she determined to get herself in more trouble?! Ichabon lead the girl outside, the wolf sitting on his desk and listening carefully. Report? Office? She can't have.....? His head went to his hand in his belief before running through his hair. Now they had a problem. He didn't bother listening to the rest of the conversation, drinking the tea Joelle fetched for him.

When Joelle entered the office the wolf was reading through some files, a cigarette balanced between his lips. His gaze shifted briefly before he let out a grumble of acknowledgment at her words. "I know....Adam was kind enough to fill me in. Also explains the bruise he had on his cheek. Can't say I'm happy for what you've done, but i can't be mad at you for socking him in the jaw." He said, smoke escaping his lips. He plucked the cigarette from his mouth, tapping ash in the glass dish on the corner of his desk. "He's always like that yes. Doesn't care much for me, but I'm here to do my job. I'm not his lapdog" he said before seeing Adam leave the office, the door closing with a gentle click.

"If you want to go another night that's fine with me..." his gaze had shifted back to the file on his desk before her offer to help peaked his interest. "You can start by putting these away in the filing cabinets. Keep them in order please..." he slid over a stack of files and gestured to the metal filing unit behind her. He continued to read through the stack on his desk, occasionally moving over to the cork board display on his wall and pinning up notes, pictures or writing more. He even took a moment to explain to Joelle what he was doing. "We had a murder a few weeks back, wasn't a forsaken. The scent didn't add up and the wounds were too clean. Our victim......Miss Maria Muffet....." he said gesturing to a picture of a pretty woman with tight blonde curls. "The wounds were made violently. Cause of death was decapitation.....we found her at home." He folded his arms, rubbing his nose briefly. "The wounds were made with a sharp object, but some of the Injuries weren't clean. They were jagged.....like a dull blade.....or claws maybe" he exhaled "Hardly any clues or a scent, and no motive.......I just can't crack it...." he said before shaking his head. "I'll get there eventually. ...come it's getting late" he said walking towards the door and opening it. He let Joelle exit before closing and locking the door behind him, walking back to his apartment.

"Hey little b...." the wolf scratched the old dog behind the ears as he passed before he sat down in his armchair, leaning back with an exhausted exhale. His eyes rested for a moment before opening again "Sorry, I'm not used to having company. ..." he slowly shifted and sat up. "So...er...." he scratched the back of his head. Social interaction was not his strong suit. "Did you want a drink.....something to eat...er....." he rubbed his eyes, dark circles lining them further as the day dragged on. "Did you wanna tell me what Ichabon said to you in the hall? What's this report I heard you promise him...?" He asked gently.

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Joelle started to Bigby. A new cigarette balanced on his lips, his gaze looking up to her as papers fell from his graps. She wondered fr a short moment f he had just heard the conversation she had outside. If he did… what was he thinking? She hoped he hadn’t. Less to explain. Less to worry about. Her emotions could stay settled. Or they could sky rocket from having to hide her “new job” from him every day.

She turned her head, brows knit. Adam. Had said something! Well that’s an embarrassing thought… what did he even say? That she took out her anger on the mayor. That she threw a highheel at his head. She swore at him all because he was an a*****e, and sexually harassing her along with bashing every fable including her father. Yeah sure she could have attempted to hold in her anger… but Joelle knew she wasn’t emotionally stable… the fresh knowledge of her parents death linger in the back of her mind. The fact that she was now being accused of their death nocked her down even further. And to walk into a world so alien and dangerous kept her on her knees. And now, there were even witches telling her there was something wrong. Did they give her a straight answer. No. Of course not. She smiled.

Well I’m glad, cause I won’t be apologizing about it. her sweet voice was laced in content knowing she had been able to clock that man in the face not once but twice. She wasn’t one for violence, okay well there was that one fight back in university… but aside from that. It was odd she had done what she had… now that she thought about it… She crossed her arms, but. Maybe it was a good thing she had. Because it was apparent she wasn’t the only one who wanted to nock his block off either. Don’t take it personally. He doesn’t care much for anyone. her voice was lighter than the dark venomous tone she had held earlier. Would tomorrow be too soon? In all honesty. As much as she didn’t want to bring more problems. With the thought of everything that could go wrong on that adventure... she didn’t want her or bigby getting into trouble. Especially if he had to fight… again. He looked tried and beat up enough. However, she did need those files to do the report. Or else.

Joelle scratched an itch on her arm lifting her eyes in surprise as Bigby peaked interest in her offer of help. She was dumbfounded. Adam and the girl at Gretel’s said that Bigby wasn’t one for help. The whole lone wolf thing. That he rather do things by himself than take help from anyone. He had denied red of her present… but as he shifted the stack of files her way. The thought wasn’t “He doesn’t take help.” Instead her eyes gazed upon him, only for a short second… I don’t think he doesn’t take help… I just don’t think people actually offered. Joelle smiled, noticing how every file was somehow neatly recorded. She turned and clicked open the filing cabinet and to his words began putting them inside; in order of course.

Every now and again, joelle took a moment to look at the files before her. She didn’t really look into them, but she saw bits of paper hanging out of the edges… so she’d neatly tuck them back in. Catching glimpse of words such as forsaken. Or how they died… She sucked in a breath. Death. Figuring out Death. Bigby had all rights to be tensed aggravated and frustrated. Who wouldn’t be when your life revolved around death. She exhaled quietly, putting a file in the drawer, only to start at Bigby. She watched him move to the board and place up pictures, facts, articles. Write a few things down. She tried not to look. But she had to admit. It was interesting. A puzzle. A mystery. Oh mysteries were beautiful, well not the part in which the person was murdered. But the way in which they were solved. Her father had taught her a thing or two…and the more she thought about it. The more she wondered if her father had prepared her to finish what he started. She was the only one who knew of the library. Who understood just what the forsaken might be. Of old fairy tales that once existed… a mystery to be solved… her own case… she looked down to a file and put it away.

Her attention was regained when bigby called her name. She started at him for a brief moment as he started to speak of the case he was looking at. He caught her slacking. Her eyes fell to the side for a moment, a brief moment. Putting the last file away and joining him at the desk where he looked over the case. His gaze was fixated on it. She looked at him. A true detective. She started at the women who looked exactly like a little girl called Little miss muffet. But obviously she wasn’t little anymore. She listened to him speak… and she suddenly got a chill the memory of that man in a black suit coming to her mind. “Sometimes,” her father said, as he dived into his studies, her little eyes trying to peer over a desk. “The mystery is hiding right before your eyes.” He would always say, pulling the story of Hansel and Gretel off the shelf. “Leaving a trail to follow…” why? joelle would always ask… “because all killers like the thrill of getting caught.”

No protest came from her lips as she and bigby left the office. As he closed the door however, her eyes were steadfast on the cork board. Locked on it until he had closed and locked up the office. Her eyes still lingered for a moment longer before she moved to the apartment…. What if… the killer was a forsaken… but hidden in plain sight. She thought of that man who had called her. Accusing her of her parents death. Of the one who had taken notice of the cab, long before they had pulled up close. The feeling she had starting at the white like face… he wasn’t human she had thought… Her eyes fell on little b, bigby’s hand leaving his head as the dog had made its way to joelle. Hey buddy. she scratched his head and worked her hand under his jaw as she used her other hand to take off her heels. He moved down slowly, dropping onto his back to scratch his tummy. She started at Bigby, sitting in his chair. Letting stress wash away and rest take over. That was till he remembered her presence. No. its fine – Hey B. . she was sitting on the floor now, the malamute in front of her, trying to lick her face. He was much too energetic than usual. Hey. Hey. Shhh... The dog whined excitedly. She wondered if maybe she had been gone too long. She turned over to look at the wolf Bigby, I don’t except you to change your living habits because I’m here. she stood up taking her heels in hand walked them to her suit case. If you want to longue around, put your feet up, walk around naked… I’m not going to stop you. She laughed a little at the last one smiling at him... she had to admit, it would be a yummy sight to see. This is your home… and I’m thankful that you are letting me stay.

She moved towards the kitchen to check and see if lil b needed more food... that was… until she realized his food and water bowl were full. She stood there a little shaken. Starting at her dog until bigby’s voice chimed Actually I still have my dinner. She smiled, pointing at the cooled tea and food. she noted his reaction. Smiled. I should as if you want something though. I could make you coffee. Or a drink… Lil b whinned again, and joelle realized that maybe he didnt know where she had put his food. She pulled the dog over and it took a moment but he found it and mowed down on it quickly. . I could give you a massage if you’d like… Piano hands are good for massages. She lifted her hands to show him but put them together. She sucked in a breath… what to say what to say… did she tell him everything… or just part of it. Did she let him know about what was happening… or avoid it…. He had heard… but how much. Its nothing too big… She made her way back over to the living room. Starting at her keyboard in the corner, noting she had yet to put that away… she looked back at him. He was tired. But fixated on listening Basically For my actions, he wants me to resume my father’s work with a few odd jobs on the side…. It’s not like I wasn’t already planning on it. It works out really. I can have access to the library down stairs. And I have a job. She tried to make it sound positive, though she wasn’t sure who she was trying to fool. And she wasnt sure she was even getting paid for this... it was basically pick up the work or else. Her heart was pounding but she tried to take a few deep breaths to calm herself. If he didnt know she was being threatened than he didnt need to know. He wants a report in the next few days… and thats really basically it... she shrugged a shoulder as she made her way back. B following at her heels. So how about that massage a genuine smile had found its way onto her lips as she stood a little ways from him. Not sure if he'd say yes or no.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

tab et to know »ME

gingerdoll
Bigby

friendtotorofriendtotoro For your concern of my safety im: Bigby’s apartment

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy mind is racing with:

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro═════════════════════════════════════╝
User Image

User Image

"He's restless....i'm sorry I can't offer him a garden or a balcony to stretch out on...." there was a genuine tone to the wolf's voice as he apologised about his living conditions. He rubbed his hands over his face in a feeble attempt to wake himself up before Joelle spoke about not wanting to upset his routine. A glint of amusement crossed his eyes, corner of his mouth tugging into a brief smile. "Sorry to disappoint you but I don't get up to anything nearly as exciting when I'm alone. In fact usually I'm just working more.....having you around is forcing me to break routine. In all honesty I'm glad to be able to sit down for five minutes. You need not Thank me....how about we call it even?" he said, leaning back in his chair again. His eyes rested again, ears attuned to Joelles movement's as she moved around his home, little b at her heels.

He opened one eye at her offer of a drink, the wolf shaking his head "I'm good thanks.....besides, I didn't think guests made the drinks. Should be my job right? I'm new at this visitors lark...." he opened the other eye when Joelle mentioned a massage, an eyebrow raising quizzically. "A massage? Don't tease me Joelle" he slowly pulled himself to his feet, walking towards her. His hand placed on her shoulder, squeezing gently, an innocent gesture designed to move her aside so he could get to the kitchen.....but his words added an unintentional flirtatious vibe to it. "Large, strong hands are always better for massages....think I'd have you beat. there" he opened the kitchen window, attempting to air out the small living space before slipping past Joelle again and moving to open the one in the lounge more.

"So Crane has you doing your father's work now?" He asked, using his shoulder to force the window up. His hand rubbed the area after. "You need to mind yourself with that. I know you were planning to finish it anyway, but the more people that know the more danger you are in. I can't say I trust everyone 100% but that said most people don't trust me either" his brown orbs locked on hers as he leant against the windowsill, muscular arms folded over his chest. "I don't want you taking unnecessary risks. Crane is unpredictable enough as it is, please don't give him reason to single you out. Just keep your head down and a smile on your face. If he upsets you, let me hit him for you" he smirked at her before exhaling and unfolding his arms, placing them on the windowsill and tilting his head back slightly.

He let an amused exhale escape his lips as Joelle brought up the massage again. "You sure are determined huh? I'll pass thanks, I let you stroke me, that's enough niceness for the week" he winked at her briefly before rubbing his head. "I promised to change the bedsheets didn't I...." the wolf spoke after a long silence, standing up. "Give me a minute..." with that he headed into the bedroom and proceeded to strip the bed, struggling somewhat to get the duvet into its cover. Bigby was no domestic goddess, he got by.... maybe not by much but it still counted.

""Who's afraid of the Big bad wolf?
You should be...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry

[OOC: I'll leave Joelle to do as she wishes.....she can admire his muscular form struggling with the bed covers or......try something else.... ]

Tipsy Bookworm

15,390 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bookworm 100
Kate Harvey
@The Cracked Spine with Thomas

User Image

Kate could feel her hands trembling as she left the office and stepped out onto the street. She shook out her hands as she headed back towards her home and shop. She was quite disappointed that Ichabod Crane was such an a**. She had always liked the bookish character from Sleepy Hollow. He would be ruined for her now.
She was equally surprised at how charming the wolf could be when he wanted to. In all the stories of her child hood where the wolf managed to trick the little signets, or the pigs, or the little girl and then gobbled them up, Kate had never understood how they had all been tricked so easily.
Well, now she new that some of them hadn't been tricked, and those who had had most likely fallen victim to charm and cunning. Plus brute force.

She reached the shop to find that her friend had cleaned up the shop very well and had ordered pizza and booze just like he said. The two of them locked up the shop, checked the cameras, turned off the lights, and headed up to the apartment. Kate was surprised and glad to see that non of the earlier intruders had been to the upper part of the building. It was apparently easy to miss that there was an apartment above. It was a studio style apartment with a large loft bedroom, -which projected out over part of the living room- reached by an old iron spiral staircase. From the kitchen, one could just see the foot of the bed. Kate left Thomas to dish up the pizza and open the beer as she ran up to put on a pair of PJs. "Hey, are you gonna call that waitress before you go?" She spoke normally, as the loft had no dividing wall to separate it from the air space over the rest of the apartment.
"Oh, yeah. I already did. She's gonna come see me in 'Jersey next week. After today, I think I'm gonna have a little break from the city." He was smiling but not laughing.
Kate walked lightly down the steps as Thomas carried two plates to the couch. Kate grabbed the beers from the kitchen counter and crossed to the couch where she sat, tucking one leg underneath herself. She and Thomas exchanged beer for pizza and ate in silence for a few minutes. Kate switched on the tv, but flicked aimlessly through the channels til Thomas piped up. "Hey, wanna watch the security footage?"
Kate was sure that would only raise questions from Thomas, and knowing what she did now, she didn't want to put him in any more danger. "Not right before bed if that's OK."

"I'm here to protect you." He sounded sincere but he was half joking. Thomas was amazingly clever, and he was in good physical shape, but he was no fighter. He could throw a punch if need be, but to finish a fight took something Thomas didn't really have. He hated pain and didn't really like to inflict it either. He gave her a wink and took the remote. "Well, fine, but I get to pick a really horrible B-movie then."

They watched a movie about some sort of cross-bread animal killing machine which escaped and went on a rampage. Kate only half paid attention as her mind wandered elsewhere. When the movie finished Kate grabbed Thomas an extra blanket and pillow and headed for bed.
She laid in bed for a while thinking about all that she had just learned. Terrible creatures wanting to take over the human world as they had done the Fable world. Fairy tale creatures and characters walking around a little suburb just outside her city.
Suddenly a new thought struck her. Fairy tales were full of princes. Maybe she'd find her own Prince charming. For real this time.

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

Well then don’t think of me as a guest… more like a roommate. she smiled, rising an eyebrow. unless that makes it worse… Moving towards the microwave to heat up the chilled food she started at it for a moment. They always had to be different. It took a few seconds to figure it out before she slipped it inside. Her head turned, listening to him, watching him from over her shoulder before looking back to her tea. She took a sip. It tasted fine cold, taking another sip and leaving the rest for when he food was actually ready. Yeah. You know. You lie down and I use my hands to release the tension. she smiled briefly, realizing how wrong that could sound... And I’m not teasing you. It’s a genuine offer. her arms crossed trying to somehow convince him to say yes.

When he got closer than she expected something jumped in her, especially when his hand had lightly squeezed her shoulder. She shuddered, it was a good tingle. Her eyes moved up his frame, stopping at hips lips... only to realize he was still standing there.... Gosh, she felt like an idiot sometimes. The only thing he wanted to do was get into the kitchen. She mumbled an embarrassed sorry, stepped aside for him as he moved towards the window. She in turn leaned on the counter, elbows holding her up and hands on the back of her neck. Well. Till he spoke. Her hands moved to her chin and there was a sly smile on her lips. Maybe she said smoothly. I think we’ll have to test that out. She watched as he finally opened up the window, and then moved to the living room to do the same. Stepping out of routine. Airing out the place. Going above what he needed to do. Though, she didn’t really mind the smell so much.Sure it was a little musky and smelled heavy of tobacco, but she could live with the smell of dog or wolf. She was going to be staying her for however long, she might not even notice in a few days.... It was like that when Richard had come into their lives… Her mother often left her to stay at richards when she was out and he was home. It was closer to her school and the odd time she would go to his apartment it was laced heavily of tobacco and man. With the odd cleaning product to make it better.

She nodded, not really saying anything as she made her way back from the kitchen and to the living space. She started to lil b who seemed content in slowly chasing his tail in a circle. As in. He held it up, he walk after it, he caught it and he then laid down...which meant he would let it go. He would give up for a few minutes and then be right back at it. It was always distracting to see. She didn’t know why…she wasn't even sure what the fascination was of dogs and their tales. Did wolves chase their tails.... Did bigby!? Her finger went to point at lilb but she thought maybe another time.. speaking of which.... when her attention was brought back to him, she was caught a little off guard. If only I had my camera.the only thing she could do, was stare. The way he leaned against the windowsill, the cracking wall paper, his arms so perfectly sculpted, the stubble just so oh he was like a perfect picture. Some right out of a fairy tale... well he was.... and when his orbs locked with hers, she died a little knowing she had been blatantly staring instead of listening. You and Crane are the only two people that know… as of right now that i'm resuming his work... And the only person left alive I trust is you... and mr. catchmytail.. she smiled. Looking to lil b who stopped only for a moment to give a laze smile and go back to catching his tail.

His answer was no. Well of course it would be. She crossed her arms. She was trying to be nice. But, in all honesty... she also wanted to touch him. Not just pet him but touch his skin. Feel the warmth she knew was there...she caught his wink, raising a brown but still smiling none the less. However, she couldn’t believe his focus was now changing to the bed sheets. She sighed. About to protest that she could do them, but he seemed adamant on doing them. Okay, have fun. it was a little playful, but she instead turned to the food that beeped for her to eat. She grabbed it, and then the fork which she attempted to eat. Except a) it was too hot. B) she was hearing odd struggles from the bedroom. Her eyes looked to the side and she couldn’t help but wonder just what was happening in there. Setting her food down to cool she made her way over to the bedroom. Her eyes widened and she had to bite lip and put a hand on her mouth to stop herself from laughing. Though she had to admit. As funny as it was to watch him try and stuff a duvet into its cover, It was a good sight to see

For a while she just leaned on the door frame. Watching strong arms, and a gorgeous frame struggle with the simplicity of changing a duvet cover… then again. She had always received helped when she first learned how to properly change it. She watched his facial expressions and wondered, what face he'd give her if he actually liked her... If he would make a bed just to know they'd mess it up again. She took in a breath not able to conceal the smile on her face. She saw where he was having troubles and stepped in beside him. It was a minute... so i'm helping now...a playful grin on her lips as she walked in took a corner and then took the duvet. She held it, shoving it all the way in to where she held the corner. She held on and held the loose end over the cover up to him. Pull. Oh come on. You’re not say no at this point, besides this is a two persons job. her blue green orbs locked onto his as she smiled at him. She felt like doing something she might later regret… and she didn’t know why. The feeling was strong. Just do it. Not like she didn’t already want to… just she hadn’t thought so soon. I promise not to tell a single soul you made a bed instead of mess it up.. she started up to him from the corner of eyes as she helped straighten out the cover on the bed.

Joelle stood starting at the bed. It was big… and the couch was small… she sat on it leaning back a bit. Her head turned to the side looking down ... you sure want sleep on the couch? there was something more laced in her voice than simple concern. it was alluring, wanting... She looked up to him. You could always sleep here too. she sat up a little more, locking eyes with him. She didn’t know where this was really coming from. She had reacquainted herself with him the other day… but it didn’t feel like she had just met him… that somehow he was always in the back of her mind. Whether she realized it or not… she crossed a leg over the other... wonder just what it was he might do… She stood slowly from the bed… There's other things we could do, that involve two people...She was sure this time that this is what she wanted.She wanted him... She wanted him to want her... not just see her for her fathers daughter... Her mother said. You’ll know when you’re ready – joelle never having the courage to actually come out and say she had slept with her boyfriend and regret the whole ordeal. Are you hungry? she whispered...moving close to him now. Her hand on his chest, her eyes starting up to him... there’s different ways to eat a person… she whispered as her fingers moved towards his jaw as her lips surged against his… she moved closer to him wanting this to happen… her eyes closed, her hands moved to wrap around his neck, though… the last thing she thought might happen became a reality. He pushed her away…

tab et to know »ME

gingerdoll
Bigby

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy mind is racing with: Rejected…

(( OOC: ididnt know what bigby would do, left that to you. Joelle will be taking little b out for a “walk” to have a moment for herself If you want to write that and then have it she comes back.))
User Image

User Image

Bigby was struggling, that much was obvious. The odd growl of irritation escaping his lips as the bottom bedsheet failed to cling to all four corners of the bed at once. Finally he had that laying flat and continued to tangle himself in the duvet covers, hair splayed out in all directions when Joelle came to rescue him. The half fable tugging it off his head and leaving him to shoot her an embarrassed half smile. “I’m not domesticated….I’ve never been able to do bed sheets very well…” he murmured. He tried to take it away from her, adamant that he would complete the task, and frowning slightly when she refused him point blank. “It’s not a two person job…I don’t need…” the duvet end was shoved into his hands, Joelle having already done one side. “You’re clearly well practiced….” He said before smirking at her comment. “Deal….” He said, straightening up his side of the bed, large hand smoothing out the creases easily. Finally all done….

The wolf took a step back, almost to admire the work they had done. “Looks better than when I make it alone…thank you…for helping I mean….” He cleared his throat before seeing Joelles gaze shift from the bed to him, her concerning question making him shake his head. “I’m alright. I’d rather you have a good night’s sleep…that armchair is comfier than it looks you know” he said, a hand going to his trouser pocket and resting there gently, his free hand running through his hair. Her second commend made his chocolate hues shift to her, brows pulling together in a frown before one raised in amusement “I’m fine….I can curl up on the chair easy. I don’t want to go crossing any boundaries…” he said with a stern nod, hand rubbing at the stubble that lined his jawline. “Did you want any more pillows…or a blanket….It can get cold in here some evenings, I don’t want you to-“ another comment stopped his words, the wolf looking at her, brows set in a curious frown, left eye narrowing slightly as he tried to work out what she meant. He shook his head and ruffled his hair. “Let me get you those pillows and blanket. Maybe little B could have them in that corner there…I think he’d prefer that don’t you-“ she was sliding off the bed and approaching, the wolf gesturing to a corner of the room where Little B could be quite comfy. “Hungry?” he turned to face her, shocked by how close she had gotten suddenly, taking a cautious step back.

Joelle closed the gap, the wolfs brown eyes settling on her blueish green orbs. “What do you-“ well he got his answer, his eyes widening at the realisation of her words. His mouth opened to protest her suggestion before her fingers traced his jawline and her lips surged on his, the force behind her actions enough to knock him a step back, hand grabbing the bedside unit to steady himself. He was stunned, his senses thrown into overdive as her lips moved against his. His heat thumped loudly against his chest…she tasted so sweet…he could….his hand moved towards the back of her head as her hands moved to wrap around his neck.

This was wrong…so very wrong, and the realisation of what he was about to consent to hit hard. His hands clamped down on her shoulders, the wolf pushing her backwards onto the bed with brute force before he backed up wiping his mouth and looking at her in disbelief. “Joelle…” he panted, fingers running over his bottom lip before he gripped his hair. “What the hell are you playing at…” he said looking around. He looked confused….shocked….unsure what or how to react. Which emotion to pick….anger….his mind decided far too quickly, gaze darkening and a frown settling on his face.

“Are you mad?! What were you thinking?! Joelle…I’m not your type…and in honesty you’re not mine….what I mean is…Nobody…is…” he gripped his head swearing under his breath. “Joelle…..I promised your father I would look after you…not….not this….” He shook his head, looking almost disgusted. “J…lets just forget this ever happened…..I…I need a smoke…..” he was breathing rapidly and deeply and without another word left the room, closing the door behind him and quickly lighting up a cigarette before slumping to sit in his chair, puffing away at it like a locomotive, face set in a heavy frown. He could still taste her on his lips….they could never work….she was half human! And he was a wolf….besides…she was under his protection nothing more….and then there was Red…..the wolf leaned his head in his hand, wishing the world would just switch off for a moment and give him some peace…..just for once……

""Who's afraid of the Big bad wolf?
You should be...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry

[OOC: Feel free to skip the evening.....you could always set your little scheme in motion....if you wanted.....? ]

Loyal Conversationalist

User Image
User Image

Located: A bar || Company: Hunter || Thoughts: ........

So Hunter wasn't in the mood for anything to eat. Fine then. He could be that way. Something was wrong. There was no reason for Ruby to be acting like this, not at all. But she just couldn't seem to stop it. She couldn't help the way she was feeling right now. She was guilty for what she'd done with Bigby earlier. She was feeling horrible because she knew that she was just dragging Hunter along for a fun ride. A ride that wasn't really fun for either of them. She was going to have to make a decision and make it fast. Hopefully she could just avoid both of them at all costs and sort her s**t out. Good god, everything had been fine for the past year, why was everything coming down upon her all of a sudden? Red wanted to blame the humans, the mortals who had been brought into the situation. And she wouldn't not blame them unless there were some hard core facts that they weren't the ones messing everything up. Maybe she was just going through a midlife crisis. She was old enough for one now, wasn't she? She was so wrapped up in the chaos of her own mind that she had all but forgotten that Hunter was in her presence until he had spoken.

Ruby snapped out of her own mind and smiled at the words 'bar' and 'party' she could certainly do with some kind of a distraction. Nothing a few drinks wouldn't do. She walked down through the building with Hunter and thought about everything. Did she want to go out and get drunk? She saw how pissed Bigby had been when he saw that Joelle had gotten intoxicated with Adam. No. Red wasn't going to worry about Bigby right now. One man at a time, and Bigby was with some other human woman and she was with her Hunter. There was no way the Wolf was going to ruin her night. Hunter gave her his options of what he thought they could do and she finally let a genuine smile grace her lips. "That sounds wonderful." She held out her hand for him to take it and she smiled at him. "Let's go Mr. Hunter. I'm ready to get this night rolling."

Now that the decision was made, all they needed to do was get to their destination. Which was now being lead all the way by Hunter. Ruby stood in close to Hunter's side and wrapped her arm furthest from him around his arm she had a hold of and smiled up at him. "I like this idea. I definitely need something to take my mind off of everything that's been happening the past coupe days." Her eyes turned forward as they continued on down the sidewalk. "And I can't imagine a better way to do that other than a couple drinks along with a long lost best friend." After a couple minutes they finally stepped into the bar that Hunter had been leading her to and she looked around. This place suited her. She enjoyed it. It was a little clubby, and a little chill hang out spot for buddies to go after work. It was perfect. She loved it. Ruby let go of Hunter's arm and walked straight up to the bar, set herself down, ordered a couple shots then placed one off to the side of her where she expected Hunter to sit. Red threw back the shot with one swift tilt of her head then pushed the second shot closer to Hunter. "Drink." Whether her goal was to get drunk or not, she had a feeling that she was going to arrive at that result no matter what.

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Jared Brandt
User Image

Jared was not amused. He sat in the large, richly decorated waiting room. He usually only had to see the Boss if he messed up; or if someone else did and Jared was wanted to clean up the mess. Jared hadn't screwed up lately, so it was likely he was wanted for clean-up duty.
He flipped aimlessly through a magazine. There were others in the waiting area. Humans, judging by the smell.
The building he was in was owned by the Loftingrad Corporation. It was a company started to fund the forsaken as well as give them cover. As an elite company, dealing mostly in stocks, company assets and business managements, the forsaken were shrouded in a real company with real employees conducting real business. And yet, they could go about their own nefarious business without anyone looking at them twice.

Finally Jared was signaled into the large office at the end of the corridor. Large was an understatement. A family of four could comfortably live in the office, if they didn't mind marble floors, and red-leather upholstery. The Boss, as no one knew his name, sat in a large wing back swivel chair, looking out of the massive windows which took up most of one wall. The back of the chair was all Jared could see, and was all he'd ever seen of the Boss; except for once or twice when a wrinkled and slightly gnarled hand had passed something to one of the four body guards who were always present. Jared had also only heard a few uttered words from the Boss, as one of the bodyguards, Hank, always did all of the talking.

Jared walked closer to the desk and nodded to the guards, Hank last. Jared was annoyed, he had hoped to have a weekend to himself, but that would be ruined now. "Well, I know I didn't ******** up, so who did?"

Hank handed Jared a manila folder with a straight face. "Some brute force. Which clearly wasn't forceful enough."

"Clearly." Jared thumbed through the file, which was scant to say the least. "So now you need to snake charmer to go and try the subtle approach?" He sighed. "I had a Thai massage booked you know." He narrowed his eyes at Hank before letting the smirk creep to his lips. Hank never smiled, but the fact that he didn't strike Jared for insolence was a good sign. The Boss coughed and waved a wrinkled hand in the air once. Hank seemed to know what this sign meant.

"Your cooperation and support is appreciated, and of course you will be reimbursed for any appointment cancellations and inconvenience."

Jared grinned. "Well, thanks." He looked again through the file before slipping it into his finely tailored coat. Jared liked to dress well, as people treated his better when he was well dressed. "I will report with a plan and any findings tomorrow evening."
This must have been agreeable, because Hank nodded and Jared heard the door open behind him; which was his cue to leave.

As he stood before the mammoth of a building the evening breeze blew at his coat. He needed to decide what strategy to take; but he was hungry. Perhaps a walk through the park would help...

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

Joelle landed on the bed behind her with a loud thomp. For a second… for a mere second it seemed like he would kiss her back. That what was about to happen was fine…. but it obviously wasn’t. Her eyes opened, looking up to him as he stood back from her. There was a crack somewhere in her being… was it from anger? From hurt? Being rejected by the one person she wanted to love her? Or for foolishly thinking he’d think anything more of her than some chore. Some errand. Some child he watched grow up, and now had to baby sit. Some girl that through his life out of routine…
                          He spoke her name, disbelief and disgust laced in his town as he took a hand to rub at his bottom lip. She felt frozen lying there in the now messed up duvet cover. But she forced herself to sit up. Looking up to him as he continued to back away from her. I’m not playing anything! she growled, the accusation stung. This wasn’t a game. This wasn’t something funny. This wasn’t a fling she wanted every now and again. She could see his confusion. The problem amounting, the things she had created for wanting something, someone that didn’t want to be in her reach… His features darkened, a shadow cast over his eyes, muscles tensing. She stood from the bed. But she didn’t near him. Her own fists tightened as he yelled at her. But he was right. What was she thinking? That a halfing like herself could ever penetrate the heart of someone who had taken centuries to hide it away. That someone like herself would ever matter more than task. No! And sorry I took a chance. Besides what do you even know what my type is!?

She turned from him, heading to her suit case, openingIt and ignoring him until she hear nobody. Nobody. What? It made sense. It made a lot of sense. The only people who said nobody was there type were either aholes, guys who had way to many problems and didn’t want to hurt somebody, people who didn’t want a relationship, or people who didn’t know who they were and didn’t know what they wanted in a relationship…Or maybe he just wanst interested in her in the least. “Joelle…..I promised your father I would look after you…not….not this….” Promising my father to watch me and this are to completely different caragories! She grabbed at caramel, gold studded cardigan from Artizia and pulled it on. She wasn’t sure why she was so mad. Maybe cause she made herself look like a fool. This was the only way to protect herself from any more hurt. But she had done this. Not him. Her… Come and get it when your ready the old voice chimed in her head. She looked up to him as she stood. He just looked disgusted… Yeah sure fine. The words were bitter as he left the room. So it was because she was her fathers daughter… all because her father wanted him to protect her… nothing would ever happen. She dug out lil b’s leash from another smaller bag and held it firmly in her grasp… So stupid.so ******** stupid she mumbled audible only to herself. Why on earth could she think he would see her more than just Captain Hooks daughter. He said it himself… he was only to protect her. Not touch her.

She took in a breath… so this was it. A half fable with nothing… Her parents were dead… accused of their murder… her friends were few and far, her dog was dying and the one person she wanted to want her just pushed her away…. And this one. Was her own damn fault. She hadn’t taken the time to actually think had she. To put two and two together. Think “ its been two days, his job is to protect me, he is only here to keep me safe, I only have special treatment because of my father… I’m a halfing… an abomination… “ She sighed. Walking out, little b at the door eyes wide in concern as to what might have happened. I’m taking him out for a walk. she said, following what he wanted. Act as if nothing happened. Best way to push a person out. Put up a wall. Act as if what happened never did. Pretend that feeling she had weren’t there… pretend that she hadn’t seen him look at her with disgust. Love. Who falls inlove in two days… people in fairy tales…Her father and mother… but by adam’s account… it still doesn’t last it obviously doesn’t...

I’m fine with the pillows on the bed. the click of a leash on lil b made him stand with a happy wagging tale. She went back and grabbed navy blue flats and then a poop bag in case he did a number two. She took in a breath. Just leave it … let it be… let it go… she stood. Tucking hair behind her ear. I’m taking him out for a walk. I’ll be back in a bit. her words were smooth and sweet again. “Acting” her mother once said. “In and outside of the stage plays with the mind and heart. It is the greatest lie a person could ever portray… You lie to your audience and to yourself… deceiving and depriving both your audience and yourself of who you are and what you feel, what you think…. It protects you for so long, till it all crashes down around you. And you no longer know who it is you are anymore.” So why do you do it….. joelle once asked…. “Because of the thrill.” Her mother said. “To be more than what the world thinks of you… and who you think you are.” I’ll be around the area. I promise not to go down any creepy allees. I won’t talk to strangers. I’ll probably stop off and see Mr. Bakewell… Opening the door she grabbed her purse and put it on her shoulder. Don’t stress yourself out… and she left heart shattering as soon as she had made it out of the building.

Joelle had gone everywhere she said she would except one place… she took it slowl slow for lil b who need a break or two. He panted and whinned… but he still got up to walk with her. She had stopped at a small park… Letting tears slip past every now and again when no one was looking. Little b put his head in her lap…The feeling of being alone in the world. The realization of how isolated it can feel is a heavy weight to bear. She had no one to run to. No one. Richard wouldn’t give her that pep talk he always tried to give. Her mother wouldn’t sit down with her, hand her a nice cup of tea or coco and just go somewhere pleasant to chit chat. She couldn’t pour her heart out to them or little b… not anymore because at the moment she sat at the vet. Little B was on a table and joelle was stroking his head… We might not have to give him the needle. the vet said, coming into the office. … Then don’t…

Joelle returned with a chai latte in one hand and a black coffee in the other; a dog collar wrapped on her wrist. She felt empty, and before she realized it. She was coming out of the elevator 13 floor and walking towards the witches door. It opened before she even had a chance to nock. We knew you were coming the witch said with a smile… we could sense your heart, hear your mind… Joelle looked up to them. What is it you want child. Though, she already knew they knew what she wanted as she stepped inside. The door shut. She could have anything in the world…a cup or tea floated her way. She took it. The contents sweet, nothing she had every tried. Her emtions suddenly found themselves settling. They evened out in her heart, and mind. I will give this to you for free… Said a witch. As she opened white orbs to stare at her. Letting a container float in her directions… it went into joelles purse by the slight hand of magic… I can not see you, but I can see your aura’s. Drink a cup when you are like this…. And over time you will settle it all yourself. Joelle smiled a thank you and took another sip. By the time she had finished the drink, she had set out what she wanted… and the witches had created it for her. If that is what stops him, than this potion shall prove it. A witch said, handing her a small vile, explained to Joelle to put it in food or drink. She took it then stopped at the door. What if I want it to end. The witch blinked old wrinkled lids at her. Raised a brow and looked at the others. It seemed such a request never happened. Say these words. Letters appeared before joelles eyes. Written in latin… they said stop one who is blinded by this spell… Either way. He will not remember. He will not know. He will never remember… She left.

Joelle walked into the apartment… I’m back. She spoke lightly… the words I’m and not we stung her heart for only a moment… she took off her flats and set them aside. Before seeing Bigby in his chair.. I bought you a coffee…. From Mr Bakewell… to make it even. Matter dropped. She placed the coffee beside him on his desk and tugged on a smile, before dropping it and walking away… She grabbed her flats and brought them to the bedroom. Slipping them into her suitcase, and then putting lilb’s collar on top… she frowned looking at it… then walked back to take a sip of her chai latte. She moved close to him a meter away or so. Unsure if had taken a sip or not. If he had even touched it… or what exactly the potion did… They never did explain things well. But it was supposed to make him want her.... if what stopped him were only the reason he spoke of earlier.... How are the cases coming. …

tab et to know »ME

gingerdoll
Bigby

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy mind is racing with: empty, curious, wanting… need I go on.

(( OOC: Heheeheheh.))
Bigby was trying to make sense of it all. The wolf dragging on his cigarette seeking comfort in his dulled senses and the nicotine that entered his body. His gaze shifted slightly as Joelle entered the lounge, the clinking of a lead in her hand drawing little b out from under the table happily. He nodded once as she explained what she was doing and where she was going. He gestured to a spare key on the side for her to take and looked away as she left the room, door closing behind her. Finally he could relax, his posture slumping before his head went to rest in his hand. What a mess.....

He tried to keep himself busy, pacing didn't help much, and he couldn't keep seeking solace in cigarettes if he hope to have any money left so the wolf focused on his work, sifting through more files and cases. His Brows pulled together in concentration before he stopped and looked around, his small flat suddenly seeming so...so what? His gaze softened, he missed the company, the additional scents in the room, the noises. He let his mind drift back to that night in the park, where a young Joelle had been nestled in his arms, blood drying on the side of her head, tears rolling down her cheeks. Her bluish green eyes had drifted up to his, teary orbs glistening at him. "Your safe now...I promise not to let any harm come to you...." he had murmured, enjoying the faint smile that had crossed her lips before she let herself sleep. He'd promised no harm.....did he really keep that promise?

She'd lost her family, her home and her lifestyle. In her desperation had she latched onto the nearest person she could rely on? He exhaled slowly, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Way to go idiot..." he growled at himself. He could be an Insensitive b*****d sometimes, and shoving her away probably made her day that much worse.....There was no greater pain than rejection. He knew that first hand for a number of reasons. Eyes drifted to the clock, he was exhausted and wanted nothing more than to sleep but he needed to resolve this with Joelle.....so the wolf continued with his work, minutes becoming hours.

His gaze darted to the door as he heard familiar footsteps. He closed the file he was reading and kept his expression neutral as she entered. "Hey...." he could smell the disinfectant and his gaze immediately shifted to her side. No dog...just an empty collar in her hand. "Joelle....." he stood and made to approach when she handed him a coffee and vanished into the bedroom, leaving him to look at the coffee briefly then to the bedroom door. He was glad she returned quickly and shook his head at the question. "Don't worry about the cases...." he murmured, brown orbs meeting her gaze. "You took him to the vets.....I hope everything's ok....." he said gruffly. He'd miss the old mongrel....Though he wouldn't admit it out loud. He raised the coffee to his lips, sipping and wincing at the taste "Cor......is it me or are Mr Bakewells coffees becoming sweeter by the day?" He flashed a smile at her before clearing his throat. "We need to talk Joelle.....about what happened." He took another gulp of the coffee and gestured for her to sit down if she wished.

"I....you'll have to understand I'm not very good at....feelings or....expressing anything so bear with me if I struggle." He said rubbing his jawline and leaning against the table. Another mouthful of coffee and he continued "The night your father died I promised no harm would come to you.....I didn’t count emotional harm and im sorry. I should have realised what you've been going through. Loosing what you are...your being is tough. I should know, I lost who I was by coming here. Sure I can shift but it's not the same....." he swallowed gently, another swig or two from the cup before carrying on. "Im not good at emotions, i'm a wolf at heart so this is all new to me......I shouldn't have acted the way I did. I'm sorry....." he sighed and looked at the coffee left in his Cup. Wasn't there more than that...?

He shook his head and drained the rest before approaching her and crouching down in front of her, large hands resting ontop of hers. "I know your heart must be tearing itself apart, but seeking reprive in another isn't going to change anything. Besides out of everyone in the world I'm the worst choice...." he smirked "what would your father say eh? He'd have my tail for sure. ..." he shook his head, averting his gaze before meeting her eyes again. "What I'm trying to say is im here to protect you. Physical and emotionally if I can......even a fling with me.....that would hurt you emotionally. I don't want to hurt you, or anyone.....this place is filled with princes....a fling with a wolf doesn't make a good fairy tale....wouldn't you agree?" He let a gentle smile cross his features before he stood up. "I want what's best for you, I want you happy and safe......just know im here if you need to talk about anything ok? And I'm sorry for barking at you...." his gaze softened, a kind expression flickering across his features.

"You know, I might have a beer or two in the fridge.....what do you say?" He raised an eyebrow at her. "Just one won't hurt..." he moved towards the kitchen, stopping and staggering, his hand going to his head, and inhale of pain escaping his lips. He could hear his heart thumping louder and louder in his chest, his adrenaline spiking. His body felt numb, vision blurring and swirling. "Joelle....." he said, a sweat forming on his brow before he looked to her, gripping the wall to keep himself upright. Blood roared in his ears before his body switched off, the wolf slumping to the floor out cold, his body growing hot from a fever, trembling slightly. Well.....The potion seemed to be working. ....doing something at least.

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Jared Brandt
User Image

Jared dabbed at his mouth. Eating the homeless was a better option for not arousing suspicions, but it was not the tastiest option. He had to be careful though, one time he'd devoured an older man who had just taken a large cocktail of drugs. Jared had spent the following day with the hangover of the century. Prostitutes seemed an equally safe target, but they often had regulars who noticed they were missing. Jared considered what he was doing to be a charity of sorts. He was keeping the streets a little cleaner and many of the people he chose seemed to have given up on life. It was a fairly painless death too, as they were eaten pretty much whole. Not that Jared cared if they felt pain.

He wandered down the path, wiping his mouth with a bit of cloth which appeared to have once been an old plaid shirt. It was not late, per say, but the light of the day had faded and the street lights were coming on. Jared liked wandering in the park, for the wooded bits reminded him of his home. He chose a spot on a park bench and had a closer look at the file he'd been given.
There was an ancient book which was said to hold the weaknesses and true tales of every fable and even the forsaken. Jared thought about this a moment. He wasn't aware that the forsaken had a story as such, he'd assumed they always were. Like the counter balance found in all natural orders. Hot and cold, light and dark, life and death.

He continued reading. The book had been searched for in every bookstore across the city and in the libraries as well. Some girl had found the book in an old archive in some city suburb. The book had then been handed off to the fables after a scuffle in the girl's shop. What the hell had they done to mess that up? A human girl couldn't take out three forsaken? What was the world coming to? Then again, this wasn't his world.
But it would be.
Soon.

He formulated a plan. There must be a way to get to the book. If there were secrets about the forsaken, then they needed to be kept secret. At the same time, any hint about how to take down some fables would be good as well.
He would need to be sneaky. Like most forsaken, he knew roughly where the fables were hiding, but for some reason if any of them tried to get near, they would forget what they were doing or where they were heading and end up back at headquarters, or some three blocks away from where they'd intended to search.
Jared was sure the fables had witches on their side.
The forsaken had attempted to lure the witches to their side, but never managed to amass a decent enough number to do any real magic.

((I sort of envision the forsaken like the Leviathan from the show Supernatural. smile ))

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
MyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoroUser Image

User Image

Hunter walked, hands shoved in his pockets, gate slow and eyes forward; awaiting this answer… Well of course she was already walking with him… a good sign. But, that didn’t entail that she would stay beside him. She could say no, turn around and leave, tell him forget it, OR that she wanted to see that wolf. He gagged at the thought; his fists balling as he thought about it. That thing needed to be removed. However, Hunter received the answer he was looking for. Fate, or destiny, or maybe the gods were looking down on him because she was beaming at him. Good! A smile shone on his features. Hunter looked down to her, so maybe he hadn’t done something wrong… You best be, cause it’s going to be a night to remember” His tone quiet enthralling comparatively to his usual tone. He knew though, that this night could go wrong in a hundred different ways. Understood that what may make it memorable; is a huge fight. He was beginning to realized that things may never turn out to what he hoped, dreamed, and wanted. He pushed those thoughts away. Back to the farthest reaches of his mind. One more night to think the world of her wouldn’t hurt him.

Hunter figured tey try a new bar/club that his friend had suggested to him. The batchelor was always trying to pick up chicks. Never wanting a relationship just a fling for every night. Ironically, this new bar was situated right on the boarder of Silverwood and New York’s party district. “It was magical, unbelievable. Like you’re under a trance.” His buddy had said. “A top notch place” As in not expensive, and not high-end. But great quality. Hunter hadn’t really taken opportunity to go. He liked the all man clubs, he wasn’t interested in girls to much with his mind on Red all the time. But now that she was at his side, he thought that it would be a great idea. Why? It was on the outskirts of silverwood. Far from any prying eyes that may try and ruin the hutsmans night.

Hunter was pulled from his thoughts rather quickly. He tensed slightly, looking down to ruby who had laced herself around his arm. He could feel her pressed against him. Leaning against him with a smile. Its not like she had never done the action before. It was just “easier” to persuade his body not to think about it when it happened all the time. Now, he was having a really hard time trying to supress the urges he wanted to act upon. Well then. Glad I came in the nick of time to rescue you from reality. He smiled, a joke of sorts between them. Except for the wolf event, Hunter had never done too much “saving” it was rather helping her get out of a sticky situations. But never save her. It was fun for him to bring it up. He felt a little proud. Even if it didn’t classify as “saving”. As Ruby got older, she rather do her own saving… Adamant that she could do it herself, even when he had to give he a helping hand. I’ve missed this… He said quietly. Not sure if he was saying it to himself, or for ruby to hear. They didn’t always go off on adventures. Sometimes he’d let her drag him into town for festivals etc, and have a drink with the men. He didn’t mind then… it kept him constrained… but tonight he wasn’t so sure….

When they reached the club two bouncers stood watching humans who tired to get in. He moved towards the line, not sure where they were supposed to go when one of them called him over. He recognized the man immediately. He wasn’t a fable with a story. He was just a villager from their town. He let them in with a huge smile on his face and hunter returned it with a nod.

Inside, he could see why humans began to flock here. Humans and fables meshed together in heat and sweat, but it was the humans that took this seen a little to hard. They partied and drank things that their bodies weren’t created to handle. They partied their hearts, bodies and minds away. Literally. He smiled. Seeing red instantly head to the bar. He could smell it…. The potions that were at work. They were like drugs, even to fables when smelt or taken enough. But to humans it was an instant high, and it wasn’t even illegal. Well, not that he knew of. It was amusing to watch humans be entranced by the music and the potions. Causing them to become mild amusement or flings for fables preying in corners waiting. It was more Pixie or Fae fables that awaited these humans meals. It was like belittling the human race. And it felt good.

Hunter joied Red at the bar, looking down at the shot that was placed out for him to rink. He started at it wide eyed. Wow. She wanted the hard stuff now. She smiled. Sitting down beside her, taking the shot he lifted it. Cheers He stated before downed the shot and slammed the glass on the table. It was a habbit of old. One his father had taught him, and something he couldn’t break since he came here. Give us your best. He said to the barista. The man started at him, and then a wicked smile formed on his lips. He left, coming back with whisky from the home land. Something no human could ever handle. He looked at red, new shot glasses placed in front of them. So tell me… the man pouring each of them a shot. He took his and flicked it back quickly. Are we drinking all night. Or getting up to party.” pointing towards the dance floor with shot glass in hand. Unless that is, you feel like a good rant. Though I feel like tonight is a night to let loose. He gave her a devious grin. As he took another drink. Tell me. What mischief we shall be getting into.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff