Tipsy Bookworm

15,390 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bookworm 100
Kate Harvey
@Bigby's office, with Thomas, Bigby and Ruby

User Image

Kate smirked as Ruby was clearly trying to look dominant, or menacing, or some form of intimidating. Ruby could clearly hold her own, but Kate couldn't help but roll her eyes when anyone tried to appear "bad-a**"; even if they probably were. In all truth, she probably could have found a friend in Ruby, under different circumstances.
She blinked once and answered bluntly. "With a solid brass paper weight to the temple. Yes."

Kate listened as Ruby went on about some friend who was a safe cracker. "So you cavort with thieves when it suits you; but you dislike even the thought of it when it has to do with you. Or rather it has to do with an item which you didn't even know the existence of, but now feel strongly attached to." She turned back around to face Bigby as Ruby told her how it was gonna be.
"Do you answer to her? Because I was under the impression that you were the one calling the shots here..."
She was stirring the pot a little, but she wanted to divert attention away from the fact that he didn't have to do anything for her; but then, she didn't have to give him the book. She scratched her jaw with one hand as she did her best to feel in control of herself and the situation.
Kate had been involved in negotiations similar to this before, and she'd learned a few things after failing a couple of times.

((Short post, I know; but I wanted to give Bigby some room for input.))
User Image

User Image

The wolf had been glad the humans hadn't been stupid enough to go it alone. While he didn't see eye to eye with them and was taking a significant risk in bringing them back to his office, he hoped this would turn in his favour. His dark brown eyes met the females as she introduced herself and Thomas, very sternly informing him they were not together as he had assumed. "Easy mistake. .." he murmured. He was about to speak when Red jumped in ahead of him. He leaned back in his chair, rubbing his jawline gently and frowning thoughtfully, brown hues shifting to each person as they spoke. He tried to hide the smirk that tugged at his lips when Red questioned the girls attempt to knock him out. Seemed Red thought him stronger than he thought. ...a brass paperweight, as Kate explained, wasn't a light choice of weapon. He scratched his head, wondering how the situation would have turned out if he had been struck round the head instead.

Red had finally fallen silent, the room silent but for a clock he had ontop of his filing cabinet. He watched the human girl toss the book on his desk. His large hand stopped it skittering of the other edge, turning it over. One look at the title and the wolf's gaze shifted to the human girl, anger brewing behind brown orbs, Brows pulling together. Fortunately Kate explained, drawing an irritated sigh from him as he slid it back across his desk for her. It was in a safe.... One condition? The wolf leaned forward, elbows on his desk, hands together, fingers interlocked, his two index fingers together and tapping the bottom of his chin. His mouth opened to speak when Red interrupted yet again, his head turning to glare at her, a growl rumbling in his throat for a second. Kate addressed him, mocking his handle on the situation.

"Yes I should be calling the shots. Maybe you knocked that knowledge out of her with that paperweight...?" He suggested gruffly. He could see Red about to defend herself, his gaze becoming cold "Shut It Red...." he snapped. His gaze shifted back to Kate. "So the book is in a safe..... In your store. You will hand it over on one condition....." his gaze calmed, becoming serious before he pinched the bridge of his nose. “What’s your condition....” he said calmly, arms folding over his chest. He had a horrible feeling he knew where this was going. His eyes shifted to the clock, brows pulling together briefly in concern before he ran a hand through his hair and leaned back on his chair again, lighting a cigarette. His gaze shifted to Red straight away “If it bothers you, crack a window....” he remarked, his lighter clicking to life, lighting the end. He drew on the cigarette, exhaling slowly before raising an eyebrow at the two humans. “You smoke?” he asked, tossing the pack on the desk for them to take one if they wished. “Now then....your condition for getting this book back?” he prompted.

""Who's afraid of the Big bad wolf?
You should be...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry

[OOC: Short...I'm sorry! ]
User Image

The Beast - See my true form!

User Image

Adam busied himself with talking to the sorcerers, making light conversation and letting them talk about their past deeds....magic spells, creatures and more. The prince folded his arms, sharing his own feats of heroics the group chuckling occasionally. He kept an ear out for Joelle’s conversation, and while he didn’t hear what she asked for he knew what ever it was couldn’t have been that good if she was doubting it so much. Witches were crafty beings...he sincerely hoped taking her here wouldn’t backfire on him...what if she had him turned into a toad! He shuddered at the thought and was relieved when she joined his side and said she was ready to go. “Later gents...nice talking with you” Adam bade the wizards farewell and the two stepped into the elevator and descended, stepping out on the floor Bigbys apartment rested on.

“I said they were good!” he said, nudging her playfully. “So I heard you promise to collect something later...can I enquire to what you purchased? Nothing ill towards me I hope...I’ve had enough of curses to last me a life time” he said with a light laugh. His blue eyes darted to her stomach when it growled loudly, a smile crossing his features. “Food for forgiveness? Sounds like a fair trade to me....there’s a nice takeaway I know around here. Gretel runs it...she’s a good cook. Makes some mean noodles...real good stuff” he said before sniffing once. “Seems our Sherriff is back....” he glanced down the hall, seeing the shadows in the frosted glass door of his office. “He has company....best not interrupt right now...What do you say we pick him up some lunch...I doubt he’s eaten much since he’s been with you? I know he has a soft spot for Gretel’s Rouladen (Roll of bacon & onions wrapped in thinly sliced beef) and some of her herbal tea...he doesn’t let on to that easily though” he winked at her “I’ve caught him a few times, I reckon it helps calm him down. I know it’s helped me before....there’s something about it...” he shook his head before leading the way down the stairs. “It’s not far...come...my treat!” he said walking beside her when they reached the street.

The takeaway had a strong german theme. The female behind the counter was a young bubbly girl, most likely in her mid twenties. “Adam!” she said happily when she saw the male enter. “Guten Tag!” she said once her bright blue eyes rested on Joelle. “Willkommen bei Gretel im Deutschen Haus!” she said, her accent thickening significantly before she laughed. “Welcome to Gretels German House....how can I help you?” she said, leaning against the counter eagerly, her blonde hair perfectly styled. Adam grinned, leaning on the counter. “Let’s see....my usual please Gretel....and chuck in our Sherriff’s usual as well....” he said, the blonde female straightening up “Oh? He’s been working hard then...stress getting through his fur?” she asked. Adam shrugged “He’s been working himself to death I know that.....think he could use a little boost....” Gretel nodded "He works too hard....Mr Bakewell came in the other week. Said he'd looked like he hadn't slept in days....I know he vanished for 2 days shortly after....must have tuckered himself out...." she said picking at her nails and looking concerned. Adam nodded "He won't take any help. I think he likes the Lone wolf image he has going...and I guess people are still too scared of him from the homelands to offer...." he said gently. Gretel nodded, tucking her hair behind her ear "True....he ate a lot of people back in his day....that poor old woman....those cute little pigs...." she shuddered gently before smiling "He is always polite when he comes in though....never forgets his P's and Q's....doesn't say much else though....I never know what to say either" she said before placing their order. "Ok then..." she said, looking to Joelle. “And yourself?” she asked with a smile.

A few recommendations were thrown and soon Adam and paid and they were heading back to Bigby’s apartment. “Here we go...now tuck in. You can’t tell me it’s not the best food you’ve ever tasted!” he said with a smile. His gaze shifted to the door as a fist rapped at it gently. In a few large strides he pulled it open, speaking to a figure. “Joelle, I need to pop out a sec....you ok to give Bigby what we got him? I’d recommend knocking....food or not, he won’t like being disturbed unless it’s for a good reason....and I don’t think he’d want his lunch reheated!” he said before closing the door behind him. His gaze darkened slightly as he glared at the figure keeping step beside him “This had better be important...” Adam muttered coldly, hands going to his pockets.

"Beauty and the Beast?
Just beast now...and sure...I'm beautiful!

[OOC: ]

Loyal Conversationalist

User Image
User Image

Located: Her apartment || Company: alone || Thoughts: Who the ******** does he think he is?

Ruby kept her mouth shut the whole time. She didn't pay a bit of attention to Kate and her play thing of a guy. Not her boyfriend, yeah sure, whatever. Red wasn't in the mood to be nice right now, especially since she didn't believe that she and Bigby were the ones who were taking the deals and not making them. Her eyes narrowed as Kate spoke to Bigby about being the one calling the shots and not Red. To which Big responded with a rather nasty look. And a rude comment. She opened her mouth to say something but quickly was cut off by Bigby as he snapped at her. Ruby was growing increasingly more angry by the way that he was treating her. Of course she had slightly stepped out of line, so some of it was acceptable, but she still didn't want to be called out in front of a couple humans like this. Her teeth ground together quietly as she clenched her jaw. She was used to bad treatment from him, but not stuff like this. She didn't pay a bit of attention to the other three people until she heard Bigby's voice telling her to crack a window because he'd just lit up in a closed off room. Her gaze was like venom had been shot toward him. [******** off, Bigby." She said as she pushed the chair back as she stood up. Her cloak fell around her and she left. Ruby wasn't going to deal with this s**t right now. Being told off by both a Human and this man who thought he was the coolest thing since sliced bread.

As soon as she stepped foot out of the office she slammed the door behind her and went to the man who was sleeping behind a desk. It seemed to be the thing that he passed his time with the most. Her hands slammed down on the desk to wake him up and he snapped awake almost instantly then went to reach for something, presumably a weapon. "Save it." She growled then pulled her hands back and placed them under her cloak. "When the Wolf is done with his two people tell him he knows where to find me. If he wants to come looking that is." Ruby didn't so much as wait for an answer from him as she flipped her cloak then walked out of the building and headed for her apartment. She wasn't in the mood to deal with the s**t that she had been dealing with and she was going to go to her apartment and cool off for a bit. Hopefully Bigby and Joelle hadn't eaten all of her food that morning. Since she'd been out she'd grown more hungry than she cared to be. The key to her apartment was shoved violently into the lock and she turned it then slammed the door behind her and threw her keys into the bowl beside her door.

The one thing she wasn't going to do was trip into her coffee table and possibly mess up her other leg as she had the one earlier. Bigby probably wouldn't be coming to her rescue again this time if she decided to run into something else to make herself bloody. Speaking of blood... Her hand reached up to touch her forehead and she felt the dried blood in her hair. "Another shower? God, my water bill is going to be through the roof." Ruby growled to herself angrily as she moved through her apartment and into the bathroom. She stripped quickly, carefully hanging her cloak on a hook on the back of her bathroom door. All she did, and wanted to do, was wash her hair quickly to get the crusted blood out of her hair. Red used her favorite strawberry shampoo then as soon as she was done she wrung out her hair then blow dried it and placed a bandaid over the cut. She made sure to style her hair in a certain way so that it wasn't obvious that she had a bandaid on her face. She hated seeing people with bandages on their face. But she didn't want it to continue to bleed, so there was really nothing else she could do. Now that she was alone though, what was she going to do?

Captain Smily

Might give you a time to bring Hunter back into the flow of things. :] ]

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

xx just a parasite!! Human

friendtotoro etˊs get started » SHALL WE ▪ I'M JOELLE TINK SESINK ▪

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Joelle couldn’t hold back a smile when he nudge her to the side. Of course his little nudge threw a little off balance, needing to catch herself, and make sure she wasn’t about to fall face flat in her four inch heels. She gave him a look, nothing mean… Oh, was I that see through? It was supposed to be a secret when you woke up with bunny ears and a cotton tail. She laughed at his reaction as they walked down the hall. I’m kidding. It’s nothing really. The topic made her a little unsettled. She wasn’t sure if that’s what she wanted… One minute she was more out there than the text and the only explanation she got is one minute she’s human and another fable but not so. I’m not sure if I’m even going to get it… But something in her told her to get it. To have it. To just try it out… it’s not like it would actually hurt… who was she kidding!? It could go wrong a thousand and one ways… but... it could also go right.

I’ve never failed to find a compromise. her spirits coming back… not that the incident wasn’t on her mind… and she wondered if her emotions then were the same as the jealousy she had felt at red… She took in a breath. Besides, its free food. Who’s wouldn’t be happy with free food and good food. Her eyes fell away from Adam. She was about to think about what she might order from this takeout restaurant run by gretle… but her eyes fell on the apartment… and bigby’s office. Her eyes fell back to the ground. Nervous. What if he’s back I haven’t cleaned up my stuff! And of course Adam chimed in. She felt her heart drop and skyrocket. She had only put her piano, and music stuff in one little corner near the window… but… she started at the silhouettes in the window…. She could faintly hear his voice… and a few others. Whatever it was, it wasn’t going well. So she averted her eyes… It wasn’t her business… What!? her voiced had pipped up an octave and she instantly went to stifle a giggle. Herbal tea? Bigby. She started down the hallway amused and slightly baffled. It was always those small things about people she would have never thought of; that amused or baffled her so much. I took him for strictly black coffee only. as they walked out, down the stairs and into the streets. I think that would be good than. He’s rather stressed… and I’m partially to blame. f

As they walked, her eyes caught sight of people. She wondered their fable. If they were even fable at all… and sometimes.. she always got that feeling that caused her blood to freeze and her fingers to sweat. She would turn around, acting casual… but she had to admit that she felt a little paranoid. Like any villain wants. Metal torment. She sighed. Sticking close to Adam and let it be.

Walking in, she seemed rather floored. When she thought noodles, she always thought Udon, Soba, Lo or Chow mein but never German noodles. She watched the girl pipe up. A think German tung. How she liked and despised the language. It was hard to learn at first. Her vocal Teacher and mother always had a field day teaching her German. They wanted to teach High German and she just couldn’t pronounce it right. Ich danke Ihnen the girl looked at her surprised for a moment, blinked and continued on. She leaned on the counter. Her blonde hair gleaming, her large blue eyes fixiated on the fable man. Joelle raised her eyes and looked between the two. Adam seemed focused on food, though the girl was extremely happy to stare at the fable. But once bigby was mention.. joelle just kind of stood there. Her heart sinking and sinking. He’ll work himself to death at this rate. her mind thought to the mayor… and what adam had said. She took in a sharp breath. He had passed out rather quick at her side last night… Of course he had needed the rest after all the fighting… Her eyes moved up from her heels to Adam. Well. What if there was a way to help. Without asking him if he needs it.

“he ate a lot of people…” Something in her shuddered as she started talking about it. She had never really thought about it… The fact he had actually eaten people… or that her father had or might have actually killed someone. It was a hard pill to swallow that the person who you love and cherish and stands there to protect you, ate someone else… But he changed, he was working on that. He said it. He showed it… he was looking redemption and people weren’t willing to give it to him. Her looked to the woman wide eyed. Uh. I’ve actually never tried any of these things. Whats good. It hit Joelle that she had been ease dropping on the entire conversation… It wasn’t her business but she had listened anyway… Why?... cause bigby was in it? Why was she becoming so possessed with him anyway?... Did she actually or was she just running on emotions…

after a lot of help and a few retakes on indecisive decision making she figured it out and happily walked out with their drinks in hand. I think she likes you. her voice melodic, but almost sounded matter-of-fact. She's was all googly eyes. there was a laugh at his reaction. I think i figured out why you like going so much. laughing again.

At the apartment Adam didn’t take a moment to dig in. She smiled, moving back and forth on her piano stool. Taking a bite and letting the beautiful tastes overflow her mouth. The magnificent are of cooking. Hmmmhmm! She had just taken a nice sized bite of her food and now had a hand over her mouth; trying to keep a smile and laugh at bay. People always had to ask her a question right after she put food in her mouth. Everytime. Without fail. Swallowing she took a sip of tea and smiled. Forgiven. This time. the last words having a joking air to them as she took another bite. Hey I had a – the nock on the door interrupting… her lips thinned and she waved it away. Watching as he stood answered and now needed to leave. Telling her to give her to give him his food!? While he was in a meeting! He was joking. She was chocking. As he closed the door she coughed at the chunk she had quickly swallowed and now grabbed her tea to wash down the food lodged in her throat. She breathed. He… wasn’t kidding.

It couldn’t be… that bad right? Nah. Joelle had in a minute or two quickly tidied up her tiny mess. Putting her half eaten food back in its bag and on the counter, she organizing her music, onto the piano, tucked her stool in, and put the case just behind the stand. She stood. It would take too long to dismember it all…. She breathed. Picking up his food and slowly making her way to the door. She slipped on her heels, opened the door, kept it open with her foot and grabbed the tea before taking the few steps to the door. Her nerves were sky high. She would see him. She would be interrupting him… and wasn’t too sure where her special treatment would get her… With a slow breath she put the bag on her arm, took the tea and then she… nope. It took an attempt or two with all the chatter but finally she put herself together and knocked a nice few loud knocks. Bigby, its Joelle do you have a moment… She winced a little. Hopping she wasn’t about to receive a scolding…

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

tab et to know »ME
tab tab xxxx▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅▅x▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy time is consumed with:
gingerdoll
Adam

friendtotorofriendtotoro For your concern of my safety im: the home of Little Red Riding Hood

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy mind is racing with: get through this day.

friendtotorofriendtotoro Word meanings:
Ich danke Ihnen – I thank you

(OOC: I feel like this is crap. I’m sorry)
friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro═════════════════════════════════════╝

Tipsy Bookworm

15,390 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bookworm 100
Kate Harvey
@Bigby's office, with Thomas & Bigby

User Image

She and Thomas both kindly declined the offer of a cigarette. "No thanks, I quit. Inhibits lung performance when I need to run. I don't mind the second-hand though." She smiled easily.
Kate didn't flinch as the door slammed behind her. Maybe now they could get some business done. Her grey-green eyes locked on to Bigby's dark brown ones. He had rather haunting eyes, nice but there was something almost feral in his gaze sometimes.

She sat back in the chair and crossed one long leg over the other; lacing her fingers together, she rested her hands on her knee. "First I want a promise that Thomas can leave here unharmed and be allowed to go his own way; ie: home." Thomas didn't argue. In fact he seemed to be waiting for the OK from Bigby. "He had no part in taking the book, i was simply consulting him on authenticity and prose." She continued.

"The condition is simple. I want answers." She was confident and driven. Things were piecing together in her mind every second. "And not just some hoo-ha short answers. I have some deep questions and you probably aren't going to want to tell me the truth, but I will know if you feed me bull s**t." She seemed to be finished, but then remembered something. "OH! And I'm gonna need some back story on the hidden messages coded into that thing. Some of it seemed to be a like a spell or something." She was probably pushing it, but Kate had a curiosity that was like a hungry crocodile. Once she saw a chance to appease that hunger, she went for it.
"After Thomas is allowed to go, of course. He doesn't need to hear anything which might make him a liability."

This Bigby character seemed like a tough cookie, and Kate knew this whole thing could fall through any second. She took a moment to breath in the slightly smoky air. There was a certain smell of musk which wasn't just from the smoke. She watched Bigby as she tried to remember what had happened in the shop.

Oh, her shop. She didn't want to think about it too much. The likely damage, and all that clean-up. And now she was bargaining to give away her gold piece. Kate had to admit to herself, though, that she was likely never going to sell that book. It had a pull, like a magnetic force. There was a mysterious sense about it; the promise of secrets, which would be given freely if only one read on a bit more.
Her thoughts about her shop and the book were interrupted by a strong knock on the door and a rather timid voice.

((Happy 21st. Sorry for the crap posts lately. Late nights studying plus work= tired. Have fun in London))

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
MyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoromyfriendtotoroUser Image

User Image

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock… Ding. Customer in, another out. Two customers in. A phone call later. Order here. Shipment there. It was a pretty normal day for the huntsman. His shop was flourishing as usual. Those odd eccentric buyers all ways coming by to see what finds hunter had. Which reminded him, he probably needed to go out looking again. People were always looking for new pieces… and the thing was. Its hard to find good pieces if he wasn’t the one going out to get them. He didn’t want to pay high prices for something and not make a profit. And as much as a black market could help with that… he also wanted to keep away from police as much as possible.

The odd time a usual would come in. It was hard for him to forget a face, especially one that had deep pockets. He greeted them with more care, and willingly followed the around the store for any help they might acquire. Over all he made some good profit. Money he could put towards his taxes, bills and next trip out of the country.

But in the back of Hunters mind, off to the side coming out when the shop was empty and he to himself… There was a deep rage in him. Anger and hurtThat wolf needed to go. Thing was. How? Hunter had it figured that the wolf ran things around silverwood. It wouldn’t be easy for him to walk in and just take him out… Though he could… This needed to be done the right way. A good way. He couldn’t be the only one who had a deep hate for the wolf. He couldn’t be the only one to see the new changed sheriff dead. He thought on this with a smile. To see that wolfs carcass of that wolf hanging by its legs, skinned and dead. Thing was. Where would do you go. People weren’t about to pipe up about hating the wolf like Hunter did. He had to find people who would actually help him rid of mongrel….

And then there was red… Oh red. Red was precious to him. Always had been. Always would. But after their time of separation. Really thinking about it. He had put up with a lot of her s**t because he cared. He was used to her bad talking, her complaints and her tantrums. He loved her for ******** sakes. But to see her fraternizing with the wolf. Bugged him. immensely. To know she had been around him… he ran a hand through his hair and side. He would have done anything for her. Take on the world if he had to… And he had to admit. He probably still would. But now. To what extent. He gave her everything, and she still wanted more. He fought the wolf for her, only to find she associated with him. Whether arguments or not. He just. He didn’t know. See her. Was like seeing a miracle. She was radiant, overpowering. She swept him away with one single glance. Hell she was a drug he couldn’t get enough of. But like a drug. She was damaging. He was possessive of her, angered if she neared other men… though he knew she couldn’t be controlled. She was like the wind, coming and going and he just wanted to her stop and settle down… but she didn’t want that. He didn’t have more to give her. This was it. This was him… but question was. Did she want him the way he wanted her?
                                          His day continued and a lot of the time, he continued on working or think whether he should close down shop and go visit her. Give her more time to calm down. Have a moment to herself. Or if he should in. He wasn’t even sure if he wanted to know what was going on. Or if he just wanted to take her out somewhere for fun. Where. Hell he didn’t know. He didnt know anything any more. He liked being alone. Keeping to himself. No one to report to. No one to worry about… yet the regret of not being there for her hung heavy on his shoulders.

Finally. Hunter had gotten to the point where he atleast needed to see if she was okay. Even if he was there for a moment. Even if he just put in the effort to just go in and see if she’s home… He sighed. Finding himself closing up shop and jumping in his car. By the time he had gotten to her apartment had been sitting out there for probably ten minutes rehearsing just what he might say. Even though it was all pointless.

Heading up the stairs, he followed her directions and found himself at her apartment. He stood at the door. Nerves hitting him like a tone of logs. He rubbed his hands together. Breathed. God, he felt like fool. A fool who cared. But a fool. His friends always gave him praise for persistence. But they all wondered when enough would be enough. When he’d give up the charade and wake up to the reality he was in. But, he couldn’t. Something in hunter was just adamant on red.

He knocked on the door and found himself pausing. It was his knock. Hey. Red. You home? he sighed. What if she wasn’t home and he was just standing out here, talking to no one. He rubbed the back of his neck. I thought we could go out somewhere

((I feel like this is a s**t post im sorry)
User Image

User Image

Drawing deeply on his cigarette, deep brown eyes shifted to Red as he saw her body tense in his peripheral vision. Smoke escaped his nose before the fable swore at him, chair legs scratching against the wooden floor as she stood up. He raised an eyebrow at her, cigarette balanced between his index and middle finger, thumb tapping the end so the ash fell into the ashtray on his desk. “Ruby...” he began before the door slammed shut, the wolf sinking back to sit in his chair having been partially stood up. “I’m sorry for her behaviour....” he grumbled, shaking his head gently.

Kate was speaking now, Ruby’s departure seeming to have cleared the air of the tense atmosphere. Oh how he loved hearing the demands of humans who thought they had the situation under control. The wolf continued to smoke his cigarette, balancing it between his lips and puffing the smoke through his nose occasionally. She wanted Thomas left unharmed...free to go. “Simple enough....consider it done. He can mention nothing about what transpired today however...” he added his own clause to her condition and with a stern glare at the male looked back to Kate. She wanted answers too? The wolf smirked, cigarette plucked from his lips and stubbed out in the ashtray as Kate elaborated on her condition. “If you have to ask questions to seek answers you don’t know....how would you know what I tell you is truth?” he said slyly. “If that’s all then I can’t see why-“ she interrupted him, drawing a thoughtful frown as she spoke. Hidden context?

The wolf chuckled, leaning back in his chair “Kate, you honestly believe I know what lies within that book?” he gestured to the stack of papers on his desk “I have enough stuff to read through already....you really think I’d have time to read a book and decipher a hidden message? You are looking into it too much...it’s just a book. A book that’s missed by its owner...” he leaned forward, brown eyes meeting hers. “You start talking of spells and magic...people will think you are going mad...” he said scratching under his chin “Only kids believe in that stuff...” he murmured. Silence fell as the wolf ended his sentence before the human made mention to her companion. “Of course...scram...go on..” he said, placing his hands on his desk and standing, watching Thomas leave.

The door clicked closed, Bigby glancing to Kate sternly “He always leave you alone in dangerous situations? I mean I could be anyone....not very noble is he” he said with a smirk before he moved to open a window slightly. “I’m not saying he should...but a strange man barges in, ties up your friend and knocks your friend out...I wouldn’t be so eager to leave anyone alone in their care....” he walked behind her as he spoke before placing his hand on the desk beside her, leaning into view “Fortunately....I’m not a danger to you, unless you are to me...” he said before pulling away and heading back round to sit at his desk. Hands placed flat against the wooden surface he was about to sit down when his head shifted to the door, eyes narrowing at the silhouette that stood there for a moment.

A loud knock...and a soft voice. The wolf let a gentle smile cross his face for a second before he straightened up, folding his arms “Come in!” he barked, glancing to Kate for a second then back to Joelle as she opened the door. “What’s so urgent you had to interrupt me? Has Adam done something?” he asked sternly before he looked to the food in her hand, the smell easy for him to recognise. “That for me?” he asked cautiously before approaching as Joelle confirmed it. “Thank you...I guess....” he said, taking it off her, locking eyes with her. “I mean it....thank you...” he said with a gentle smile before he stepped back and sat at his desk, opening his lunch. “Joelle, this is Kate...” he left introductions there and took a bite of his lunch, herbal tea left on the side with the lid off to let it cool down.

“Now then Kate...these questions...” he said through a mouthful of food. He wiped his mouth with a napkin “I’ll answer a few, then you give me the book....then we’ll see about getting you answers to the rest. Deal?” he said before taking another bite. “Go ahead...question one...” his gaze shifted to Joelle. “Could you fill my lighter with fluid from my apartment please Joelle? This one’s nearly out...” he tossed the silver flick lighter to the female before nodding to the tea on the side. “Some cold water in that would be good too...if you could? I’m working...” he wiped his mouth again and looked back to Kate.

[OOC: Thank you smile ]

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

xx just a parasite!! Human

friendtotoro etˊs get started » SHALL WE ▪ I'M JOELLE TINK SESINK ▪

friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░ ◯░░░░░░░
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The command made her jump. Her eyes wide. Looking at the door knob like an idiot. She, like many might think; excepted him to open the door abruptly with a glare. But. It wasn’t so. Instead it was she taking the door nob twisting and letting the door whine open as she stood there with the bag of food rested delicately on her arm and tea in hand. She had a weary smile on her face hoping he wouldn’t be made. Though she felt a small little flutter in her heart when her eyes settled on him. Joelle couldn’t blame him if he was mad. She was interrupting a meeting of some sorts. He had a right to be angry…. But, who could be mad at the gift of food?

At his comment her head turn like a small child’s. No… well not particularly, but its sort of why I’m here. her voice was soothing and light as she looked over to the girl and then to the food in her arm. We got food… He seemed to notice before she said anything. She watched his eyes light up a bit. His words made her smile, as he came with an attentive approach. Yes. Your usual. We thought you might need it after everything… she shut her mouth, not wanting to say anything more. Aware that the person in this room may or may not be fable.A cheery Your welcome. left her lips as she shut the door. she was already happy to hear his thanks. But when his brown orbs locked with hers and that sincere thank you left his lips once more… She could only start at him helpless. Get it together Joelle. She thought mentally, tucking hair behind her ear. Any time. her voice was softer than before. Inviting. Hoping he’d rely on her more… But either way. How could she not be left breathless. Even if she didn’t have some sort of feelings for him– what woman wouldn’t melt after seeing that kind of expression.

Putting herself together she started at the woman named Kate. She nodded her head, looking at Bigby to the Kate. Joelle put on a friendly smile, though she had to say. She was mighty curious as to why Kate was sitting in the hot seat. Was this a meeting… or an interrogation. Nice to meet you... She couldn’t really say her name, Bigby already did that. And its not like the two were about to have a huge chat. Especially when the wolf spoke up about Kate and her questions. Questions?

Joelle knew that this was not her place. But questions? This woman had questions for Bigby? Well that wasn’t concerning at all. So, she decided that this was her time to go. She nodded to bigby, and went to turn. Hearing his words of Book… and more questions. Book? Like, the books she saw in the library downstairs with Adam. She paused for a moment. No. she should leave. Until Bigby’s words caught her ears. And it was obvious he wasn’t speaking to Kate.

Joelle turned and looked at the wolf. Blinked and looked at the lighter in his hands. Yeah, no problem. Her hands open for him to throw the silver carton which he did. She caught it with a smile. She was glad she had done this for Richard a number of time, slipping the lighter into her pocket. She readied herself to turn on her heals when he spoke again. She turned, looking at the tea he gestured to. Sure thing. She moved, to grab the tea but instead she placed a hand on his shoulder delicately and moved her head down. Please take it easy. she whispered, and with that her hand fell from his shoulder and she took the tea leaving and closing the door with a light click.

It took a moment to find the fluid, Which she hadn’t minded so much. She was sure that with what was happening in the office, would need a moment or two before coming back. But luckily she was able to fill the lighter, and then grabbed a couple of ice cubes. Joelle always found that water dulled the tea, but ice cubes only chill it. She smiled, slipping the lighter back into her pocket and then grabbed the warm tea. Lil b yawned looking up to Joelle with a panted smile, but put his head back on his paws…

With a smile, Joelle left the apartment hoping that some things got worked out or so as she walked her way back towards the office, knocked and slowly peeked her way in with a smile. She held out his tea making her way In as she closed the door. She made her way slowly, placing the tea on his desk before placing the filled silver flick lighter on the desk. She looked between the two. And then settled on the practically finished food. She smiled Anything else. she whispered

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

tab et to know »ME
tab tab xxxx▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅▅x▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅x▅▅

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy time is consumed with:
gingerdoll
Bigby.

Yorkshire Rose
Kate

friendtotorofriendtotoro For your concern of my safety im: Bibgy's office

friendtotorofriendtotoroMy mind is racing with: ....

friendtotorofriendtotoro
friendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotorofriendtotoro
═════════════════════════════════════╝

Tipsy Bookworm

15,390 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bookworm 100
Kate Harvey
@Bigby's office, with Bigby

User Image

Thomas stood when given the 'all-clear', he slipped a note into Kate's hand before he left and gave her shoulder a squeeze. She smiled as Bigby implied that Thomas wasn't noble. Her head tipped slightly to the side as she considered the thought. "He's saved my life more than once, and I his." She grinned, remembering some past adventures, "But this is not the most danger he has seen me in. I think he knows I can handle myself. Plus, we have an arrangement." She didn't explain the arrangement and had no intention of doing so. She took off her jacket and hung it on the back of the chair. The office was warm and the air was close.

Kate had no doubt that Bigby was underestimating her, and her powers of reasoning. Good.
She was very open minded which lead her to find truths much faster and more readily than most people. She didn't let rigid morals or beliefs get in the way of learning new things. Even science could be proved wrong occasionally, so long as the evidence was there, she would be convinced.
"I have seen ciphers older than you, and if you are who I think you are, that's pretty damn old. So, believe me when I tell you, there is more in that book than you know." She sat back in the chair and pushed her hands into her pockets. She felt something silky in one pocket, and smiled wryly. "As for people thinking I'm mad, I have a feeling that whomever sent you for that book might believe me."

Kate's smile softened as a pretty girl, not too much younger than Kate, walked in carrying a take-away bag and cup. Bigby introduced Kate, and the girl was Joelle. The girl seemed a bit flustered and quietly greeted Kate. "Likewise."
As the girl left, presumably to fill the lighter, Kate couldn't help but let out a small 'Aw.' She looked back to Bigby. "Well that was cute." The girl obviously had a thing for Bigby, but men were often oblivious to those things, and Kate didn't feel like queuing him in.

She decided to plow into her question. Though the first one was less a question and more an idea which needed verifying. She was either brilliant or insane. She pulled the tie out of her pocket; the one Bigby had used to tie her wrists together. "You're a shifter. Or some sort of one." Kate was pretty sure about this and tossed the tie onto the desk. It was as much a test to see if he'd lie and how he would do it. "Dog hair on your tie."

The girl Joelle walked back in just then, but Kate didn't take her eyes off of Bigby. She was looking for a sign, any thing in his facial expression which might belie surprise, anger, or disbelief.
((Will format Later))

The wolf smiled as Joelle caught his lighter easily, his gaze shifted back to his lunch, his stomach rumbling silently to remind him how hungry he was. He became aware of Joelle close as she fetched his tea, but her hand touched his shoulder, the wolf raising at eyebrow at her quizzically and swallowing his mouthful. Take it Easy? He frowned In confusion and didn't let his gaze shift until she left the room. Weird....he turned his attention back to his lunch. "Sorry, I don't often get the chance to eat in my line of work....and what do you mean aw? She's a person not a fluffy duck" he mumbled to Kate before gesturing for her to continue speaking.

He didn't feel like prying into what their arrangement was, he could snap tgat easily enough if things took a turn for the worst.....he shook his head at his own thoughts and snapped his attention back to Kate, brown eyes glowing at her gently. Ciphers? Who did she think he Was? The wolf hummed, wiping his mouth "How old do you think I am? I feel rather offended that you think me so ancient. I may not be as young as you, but I'm no fossil" he said. "You will not get to meet the owner of the book. There is no single owner, it's a collective ownership. I couldn't even list all the owners. That said, I know you are not one of the books owners....which is why we need it back" he said. He wiped his hands, having finished his lunch and scrunching up the paper wrapping. His gaze narrowed before he tossed it, the paper bouncing once...twice off the rim of the bin before tipping in with a soft thud.

He saw the human shift her body as she reached for something in her pocket, speaking again. As she called him a shifter his expression didn't change from its frown. "A shifter?" He asked scratching his jawline. Bigby was good at hiding his lies, after all how else could he have managed to trick so many people in his wolf days. That said he wasn't technically a shifter anyway, he was just a wolf. A wolf enchanted to look like a man, he could break the spell when he needed to. Aergo not Lying! "I wondered where that got to...." he said as his black tie was tossed onto his desk. His hand reached for it, pausing over it, his gaze fixing on Kate's. "Dog hair....really?" He said raising an eyebrow. Was she Nuts? He shook his head and picked up his tie, looking it over. "Tiny hairs yes, but no way to confirm if they were a dogs. They match the same colour as my hair and beard...." he looped it back around his neck, tying it and letting it lie loose in his usual fashion.

"I must give you props for your creativity. But I think you're over thinking things." He leaned forward, arms folded and resting on his desk. Joelle stepped back in the wolf looking to her, a stern look in his gaze a silent warning to keep quiet as she returned his lighter. "Kate, let me tell you exactly what's going on...." he grabbed his lighter and in a few short motions had a cigarette back between his lips. "Thank you Joelle, take a seat" he nodded towards the chair Red had been sat in and exhaled smoke gently from his lips. "I work here, security of this building. The book you stole belongs t o a number of people and was kept safe where you found it. It's contents are of value to only the owners and those we ran into at your shop. I am taking a significant risk letting you come back here with me. People are on edge what with that book going missing and if they find out you stole it.....you won't last long" he drew ok n the cigarette, smoke escaping his lips and floating upwards.

"I'm not a shifter, i'm not old and your hunt for magic will lead in disappointment. I suggest you hand over the book, forget all of this and maybe look at writing children's stories with that imagination of yours" he said before his gaze shifted to the clock. "I'm late....." he mumbled before standing up. His cigarette was stubbed out, hand grasping for the tea on his desk. "You'll have to forgive me Kate, I have another appointment." He took a swig of the warm tea and walked around his desk, opening the door and whistling once to grab Adams attention as the male walked past. "Job for you. Can you escort Kate back to her bookshop. There's an order she needs to retrieve for me...." he glanced to the human female "then i will, answer the rest of your questions as promised" he said. His hand grabbed Adams arm sternly, a brief exchange of words going unheard to the others In the room.

"Come Miss Kate, let's go" he escorted her out and down the hallway silently. He said nothing until they stepped out the gates of the business office building. "You have questions.....allow me to give you all the answers you seek. One condition......" his hand fastened around her wrist, tugging her down a side street.

He told her everything of the wolf passing as a man, how his story different, how his old foe still lived in the human world. Filling her head with knowledge no Fable should ever divulge to a human. "Does that answer Everything? And remember, Bigby told you this. I had no involvement. Now then, did you still want to fetch that book of Fables for Him?" He asked with a subtle smirk.

"Joelle, I need you to keep quiet for this.....we can talk after ok?" He smiled at her briefly before his office door opened and the deputy mayor stepped in, glaring at Joelle coldly. "Still looking after that b-" "she is under my protection Ichabon.....what did you Want?" Bigby interrupted with a growl, watching the deputy mayor walk around the small office. "I've come to see how your investigation is going. Regarding our little thief...." he said coldly. Bigby folded his arms "The thief is Fetching the book as we speak. Red and I were lucky to be there, the Forsaken had tracked her down. She wanted Information for the book s Ok I fed her some false info. More than enough to throw her off us. Humans can be strangely stubborn.....no offence Joelle" the wolf said with a nod to her. The deputy mayor touched the papers on the wolf's desk. "Then maybe I will stay here until our little thief returns...." he said. Bigby frowned "I promised no harm to her, she wouldn't have given it over otherwise....." the deputy mayor simply smirked and leaned against the desk. All three waiting for Kate and Adams return

Tipsy Bookworm

15,390 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bookworm 100
Kate Harvey
@The Cracked Spine, With Thomas and Adam

User Image

Kate didn't buy the line Bigby told her at all; but she didn't have much time to retort as she was soon whisked away and handed off to an overly good-looking man named Adam.
Before she even had time to properly acquaint herself with Adam He had pulled her down and alley and begun telling her all about the Fables. Kate realised she had been fairly close with her guess about these people and the book they so desperately wanted. She had thought they had been in the world forever, living, hidden, among humans; but it was a bit more fantastical than that.

For a minute she just stood there, a bit stunned. "Yeah, a deal's a deal. This way." She lead Adam back to the shop. On the way there she decided that she didn't trust Adam. She didn't dislike him necessarily, but she didn't trust him. Even if Bigby was some mortal enemy, to hand over secrets the way Adam had wasn't right. They were secrets which could harm all of his people. He was reckless, and Kate didn't like reckless.
When they reached the shop Thomas was there clearing up the last of the book mess. He began to wave to Kate when he saw Adam. "Who's this? Armed escort?"
"He's an escort, but I don't think he's armed. Hey, can you watch him while I get the book?"
Thomas nodded, and stood at the door, blocking Adam's from going any further. "Sorry mate, she doesn't let anyone see where she hides the Precious."
Kate laughed and shook her head. "You are such a nerd."
"You own a book shop!"
She shouted from the back room, "Which makes me a legitimate business owner."

After a few moments Kate returned to the main shop floor with the book, wrapped in an old bit of canvas. She grabbed a leather back from a chair and pushed the book into it. She headed toward the door. "Right I'm ready. Hey Tom-o, thanks for helping clean up. I'm pretty sure I'll be ok now. Those other guys were just looking for this, so I'm sure they'll be tracking Bigby now, not me. If you want you can crash here tonight before you head home."

Thomas nodded. "Thanks, I might do that. I'll get some beers in for when you get back. Maybe a pizza."
Kate nodded and waved as she headed back out of the door.

Kate knew a few things now. She knew there were fables and forsaken, and humans of course. She'd seen the word 'forsaken' in the book, but thought it was some sort of shunning for the fables. And now, she couldn't figure out if Adam was for or against the fables. He was one, sure, but his hatred toward Bigby was going to be problematic. Kate knew that she needed to take the book back to Bigby or else he'd probably come looking for her; or worse yet, those forsaken bastards would be back. So she'd played the ol' switcher-oo game again and had put a fake book in her satchel and the real book in the lining of her jeans. If anyone made off with her bag, it would still be safe.

((sorry if this isn't what you were aiming for. I got slightly confused with the speed of the last post. :-/ smile ))

Fashionable Millionaire

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
((On cell: been babysitting kids sleeping no worries I'll format when I get home ))

When Bigby had given her a but of a stern glare, she took the social cue to keep quiet. Something she found hard to do every now and again. The reason why Joelle never listened in on people's conversations is because a) it's rude b) she always had a mental opinion to give and c) some times she spoke it.

Bigby lit up his cigarette and her green blue hues watched as it puffed out past his lips. She wondered what he meant by "exactly going on" cause he'll she was curious too. However she assumed that she'd get an answer soon enough. So as told she sat down on the chair beside Bigby. Settling into the chair she looked up to the wolf and then to Kate. Bigby soon jumped into a deep explanation that she had a hard time keeping up with . The mention of books though made er think back to the library that Adam had taken her to. The ancient things that he explained had written documents on fables before stopping... Joelle's eyes shifted from the fable to the full human. How exactly had Kate come into possession of the book?

Joelle assumed that this questioned had already been inquired about and since she was jumped into the whole situation half way, it was best to keep questions and opinions to herself as log as possible... Thing was the girl didn't seemed to impressed with the explanation Bigby had given her... Made her wonder how much the girl already knew... To think though, she was once somewhere In this same situation.

"I'm late..." The wolfs comment had her brow raised ... Late? For? Her eyes fell on the paper work on his desk and then it all slowly mind thought back to the things he said... He was late with work... Behind on things he needed to do. Though if he had some to help with all this, his work load would decrease significantly - though she doubted he would take it. He watched him, as he stood and headed towards the door; he had an appointment? So he was going to leave her with - oh nope. Of course t was Adam and his exceptional timing. oh no no. Not again but it wasn't her who Adam was being forced with it was late. Her eyes widened and something in her just sparkled. For as much as it had been nice and more than upsetting to be with Adam she didn't want to be forced into his company again. And even though she had said she forgave him... To be honest part of her hadn't.

I'm surprised you left her with Adam. A smile on her lips. Joelle watched Bigby padded his way over listening to him as he sat down. I won't say a word. If anyone asks I know nothing. And I wasn't here. her voice was light but she meant it. Her attention grabbed away from Bigby by the intruder who barged in. Oh and it had to be this piece of trash... She breathed. Something in her shifted ever so slightly.. Her green blue hues narrowed down on the scrawny man. Her gaze venomous and deadly as he went to refer to her as a b***h. She was ready to give this man a new life crisis. Pulling a four inh heal boot out of his a**.

The way he walked made her all the more agitated he talked as if owned the place and he sort of did... But he was on wolf territory and walked on it like Bigby was he omega and he was the alpha... none taken... the words were bitter and not meant for Bigby but for the mayor who glared back at her. She smiled coolly and watched the man turn an angry red. Oh great he was staying.

As he leaned on the desk he did so that his butt arse was right in her line of view. And no matter where she wanted to look the fact he had put it right in front of her. Something in her snapped. The air around her changed quickly. She didn't feel human anymore. And she didn't feel like acting it either. Could you move your a** out of my view her arms crossed . She could feel bigby's gaze shift onto her along with the mayors as he partially turned his body. "pardon me" well that's sort of better. the man stood in rage and Joelle could only smile in complete glory as he boiled liked a tea pot. "Listen here bi-" Joelle the deputy looked at her as she smiled comfortably at him. No one here could really argue the deputy but Joelle like a hot head believed she could. And hat she would win. She was severally wrong

The deputy grabbed her arm an yanked her up from the hair turn to Bigby "don't you start mu-" Bigby. His names bigby "I'll call him whatever the ******** I want." then I guess I'll call you a manipulating jackass. the fables grip tightened and before she had a moment to protest he yanked her out of the office and slammed the door.

"You do not seem to get your position here ma.sesink" Joelle's arms crossed. and that would be? "under my foot like every fable here" Joelle went to grab the man but he stepped back and grabbed her wrist instead "we will not be repeating the same incident. Now on to more important matters. You either obey or I make you." Joelle's eyebrows raised make her? She wasn't full fable. Besides if you think I'll just beg for forgiveness and do whatever you say after what you did to my father; you're seriously delusional. "fine. Figured as much. You bitches are alway so demanding. " she felt her jaw tighten "either you start resuming your fathers work and other odd jobs I have for you or else -" or else what? "he pays."

The deputies long bony finger pouted in the direction of bigby's door. Everything in Joelle's body froze and s**t down. She couldn't fight that. There was nothing to fight. "You think he already has it hard. I can make it a living hell. All I need is one little b***h to act like the obedient girl she should be." She was seething at her own stupidity at this man. She felt ready to swear at him before he spoke up again "I'm gettin tired of your foul mouth. So what shall it be?" fine... it was an inaudible whisper an she only heard the mayor chuckle. On no. I wan this. A golden document appeared before her face with a pen to be signed. "Every one here in this building has signed one. You will too."

It took a good moment or two but she finally signed the document. "I want a full report on what you know in the next few days I want everything. And if you're not working on that then I'll have you do something else." Joelle couldn't even say anything. It was her own damn fault and the problem was she didn't even know how it had come to this.

Joelle walked into the office defeated. Her human presence back.... Unaware to her it had even left. She sat back in the chair and muttered an apology to Bigby but she couldn't look him in the eye. The mayor had a victorious snicker in his lips before shifting his gaze to Bigby. "I assume you get her a leash before she steps out of line again." Joelle looked up at the deputy with a glare she almost stood to her feet but he smile and shook his finger at her. "Have you forgotten already?" Joelle didn't say anything just crossed her arms and looked to the floor and everywhere but Bigby. "So when will this little thief be back?"

Loyal Conversationalist

User Image
User Image

Located: Outside her apartment || Company: Hunter || Thoughts: .... this is awkward... || OOC: Her outfit is in the center picture.

Grumble grumble grumble. Green eyes shot down to glare at her stomach as it decided to announce to the empty room how hungry she was. She'd been hanging around her place for long enough alone so it was time to go wander through the town. But not before she got something to eat. "If that wolf ate me out of house and home...." The open ended comment floated through the air as she walked to her fridge then pulled it open and gazed into the cooler. Her eyes narrowed and she growled quietly to herself. "Damn it, Bigby." She had put Joelle far from her mind and it was only in her thoughts that Bigby was the wrong doer here. She had food, sure, but nothing that she wanted to eat. A little bit of lunch meat, some bread, milk, some condiments. The typical bachelor pad fridge, only problem was that she was a female. So her fridge shouldn't be as barren as it was. Her hand slowly closed the door on the fridge and she walked back to her bedroom to put on some clothes that she could actually wear out in public.

After she took the bandage off of her face to make sure it had stopped bleeding she wrapped a red bandana around her head as a headband and let her hair cascade down around her shoulders. She rolled the shirt sleeves up to just above her elbows and she grabbed her keys out of the bowl by the door. Red double checked that she had her money in her back pocket then set off on her little mission. What did she want to eat? She had no idea. "Lets just see where the wind takes me..." She pushed the sleeve up that had begun to fall down her elbow. Red made her way through the town and got to a small grocery store where she bought some frozen burritos and a couple of other easy to cook things. She paid for her food and walked out of the door with a small candy bar in hand. Who could resist those chocolate bars that they had there at the counter? They practically stared at you and screamed 'Eat Me!' while you checked out. Ruby took a bite of it then looked down at it as she chewed slowly. I shouldn't have gotten this... I don't need it. She sighed quietly then swallowed the bit she had in her mouth. "Oh well." She said aloud to herself then continued down the sidewalk with her bag of groceries.

As soon as she entered her building she fished her keys out of her pocket. With her eyes focused on them as she tried to pick out her apartment key she knocked right into someone who was standing outside her apartment. "Oh, I'm sorry..." She had almost dropped the bag of groceries and in her frantic state grabbed for them quickly but ended up smacking the person standing outside of her door in the stomach. "Holy s**t..." Don't be Bigby, don't be Bigby! She plead with herself then finally got a look at the person standing in front of her. Hunter. Her eyes widened slightly and her heart dropped quickly. Instantly, everything came flooding back to her. The way they fought when they had gotten back to town, she was so angry at him for the things he said. She was going to be in company of anyone she saw fit, even if she did feel bad about it later on. Not only had their argument pushed herself toward Bigby, it also pushed her to take the actions that she had in her apartment only hours earlier. She swallowed quietly then moved in front of him to unlock the door and she stepped inside. Ruby placed her groceries away and looked down at the coffee table which had caused all of the problems she had been plagued with for the day.

She looked at Hunter after she invited him and leaned back against the counter with her arms crossed. "So what are you doing here?" Ruby asked him quietly in a sheepish voice. After he repeated what he had said earlier while he had been standing outside her apartment she smiled at him. The first smile that had graced her lips for quite some time. "Uh... yeah, I don't mind. Just let me make something to eat. You want anything?" She walked her way into the kitchen then grabbed out a burrito and threw it into the microwave to heat up. She'd certainly cook him something if he wanted, if not then so be it. His choice. There wasn't much conversing going on, not like she had much to say to him other than to apologize. But did she really want to apologize to him? Of course she did. She knew that she was stringing him along and only taking him for granted. It wasn't very nice of her considering all of the history the two of them had together. After Ruby had finished her food she made sure everything was put away and she walked back to the door. She held it open for him and gestured for him to go out. As soon as he was out the door she closed it behind her and locked up. She couldn't have gotten him out of her apartment any sooner. That wasn't a place for him to be, not if she were to feel guilty every time he were to come over. "So, where to?"

User Image

User Image

Bigby had glanced to Joelle as she commented about leaving the human with Adam. “He can handle himself...and he’s been here as long as I have. I trust him not to mess anything up...even if he does come across as stupid sometimes” he had said with a brief smile before folding his arms and waiting for Ichabon’s arrival.

The silence in the office was tense....Bigby picking at his desk before picking up some papers and beginning to sift through them. He ignored the deputy mayor as he sat on his desk, obstructing Joelle’s field of vision. He only glanced up when Joelle snapped and the atmosphere changed...quickly turning hostile. Brown eyes glowered over the papers at Joelle, a silent warning to shut up...but would she listen? No. The wolf stared at her before Ichabon dragged her to her feet by her hair. “Crane...” Bigby growled, standing up ready to defend her, brows setting in a frown. He curled his hand into a fist as he was told not to start, Joelle interjecting. “Joelle...” the wolf stepped closer but the exchange was quick and before he could move Ichabon had dragged the half fable towards his door. “Ichabon....” he stepped forward, the deputy shooting him a filthy look “Stay put sherrif...” Bigby froze as the door shut. Now what....?

He ran a hand through his hair, scratching at the back of his neck before he sat on his desk facing the door, hands in his lap, eyes closed and ears focusing. He could hear the hurried and hushed words and threats. He growled at what he was hearing You bitches are always so demanding....either you- he didn’t hear the rest as a vacuum switched on next door drowning their voices out, even his hearing struggled. He was forced to sit and wait...unaware of what was occurring outside. After an eternity his door opened, the vacuum also turning off next door. “Joelle....” Bigby spoke calmly, standing up and noting the slump in her demeanour. “Joelle?” he prompted as the female refused to meet his gaze, uttering an apology and sitting down. Bigby shot the girl a concerned look before rounding on the deputy mayor as he mentioned getting her a leash. “You leave her alone...” he snarled, the deputy Mayor standing tall. “Need I remind you of your place as well Sherrif?! Need I remind you what happened last time you couldn’t keep that temper of yours in line?” the mayor hissed.

Bigby met the older man’s cold gaze, growling, his canines flashing before he pulled away and sat in his chair with a heavy thump. He'd ask the halfling later.....maybe before bed...he was exhausted! “She’ll be back soon....Adam will make sure of it...” he said through gritted teeth, subtly clawing at his desk. He was tense....angry....unpredicable.

“You humans take forever and a day to do anything! How do you cope!” Adam remarked as Kate joined him again. “You got the book?” he asked her with a smile, matching her stride easily. “Kate....you know I told you all that stuff for a reason right?” he said gently. “I want humans to know that they could be in danger. You were attacked by forsaken....beings from our world. Everyone wants to keep us a secret...but we can’t, not any more.....not if we want to keep you humans safe.” He stopped her as they arrived at the lift of the business office. “Promise me though, anyone asks Bigby told you everything you needed to know. I don’t have status here....Bigby does, they’ll take notice of him and what he’s done because he’s the sheriff of sorts. He could tell you everything and it be seen as a master plan....I tell you and I’m a threat to Silverwood. Then your mind is wiped and we’re back at square one....not fair at all” he smiled at her. “I want to help you....” he said before they headed upstairs.

“Here we go...Ah Mayor!? What are you doing here” Adam froze, arm in front of Kate protectively. “So this is our thief?” Ichabon said, leaning close to her, glasses perched on the end of his long nose. “Not what I was expecting...you have our book I take it?” the deputy mayor asked. Bigby rose to his feet, a fist pressed against the table. “Easy Crane....I promised no harm would come to her Crane....that’s the deal she and I struck...” the wolf warned, approaching Kate and extending his hand. “Kate....the book. If you please? Then I can answer your questions and you can go...” he promised, brown eyes meeting hers. He could feel Crane staring at him and shook his head. “Please?” he asked again , frowning more the longer she began to hesitate for.....

[OOC: Kinda a tripple post...Bigs, crane and ADAM for ya. ]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out