Welcome to Gaia! ::

His'sho BloodFeather

Upper Necropolis

User Image
His'sho found himself standing in the opening. He wasn't entirely sure how the compass worked but from what he had been told earlier he was pretty sure this was the right place. So he nodded as he was looking at the tiny device. The ash had once again found itself prevalent to clogging his nostrils and getting all over him. How he hated the muck, it made his wings molt, made him extremely uncomfortable, on top of many other heinous attributes. He kept holding the compass as he pointed which way to go. This place was a lot darker than he had expected, which began to make his superior eyesight which required some source of light to work to fail just like any other beings. Once they where inside the more tunnel like appendage he would shake as much of the ash and dust as he could from him without making a lot of noise. Now to most people this might be somewhat humorous but the feeling of being weighted down by tiny, smelly, flecks of itchy annoyance was one he wasn't able to ignore too much.

Around three or four feathers came off as well. To any Tengu that was a sign of something not being right. He was not used to the heat per say so for him that was a large part of it. Once finished he found himself looking around. It had become too dark for him to actually see anything. This was a slightly disconcerting feeling. He crossed his arms for a moment thinking of how to further proceed. He had a torch and could light it but he didn't know if that was a good idea at this point. Cursing his luck he went ahead and did so. This would illuminate things directly around the group and reveal a bit more of what they were walking into. He pulled out the map and began examining where it was the other group that had disappeared was supposed to have gone. Now he began to grow excited. The thrill of the hunt was before them at last.

Tres Ecstuffuan
Scalar Warfare

╰☆╮Feather at Ash Bottom-Abandoned Guildhouse

The Vansin

Of his own free will, she mused as she watch him approach Claud. Her eyes narrowed, head tilted slightly in that cat like manner as she studied the two. It was easy to read what was between them, she had a gift for that. Taking in every detail from breathe to movement, putting the pieces together like a puzzle to get the clear picture.

How easy it was to manipulate by pulling at the strings of passion.

The smell of fire, the heat that began to creep into the room, pulled her from her thoughts. She settled her gaze on the unnatural fire, noting the magic within, that ate early at the wood. She didn't look away from it as the loremaster sat across from her, instead her eyes closed and deeply she inhaled. What magic the fire radiated was pulled, tugged towards her as if she was a magnet, then greedily absorbed into her faint aura.

The bells upon her wings chimed, her eyes fluttered open, flashing brightly before dimming back to their usual copper hue. "I do not have a name..." She told Lysander as she fixated her gaze on his, "But I was given the nickname Feather, for obvious reasons." Lifting a hand she touched at a feather in her hair. "They were not very creative."

Spooky Mittens

Tres Ecstuffuan rolled 1 100-sided dice: 47 Total: 47 (1-100)

Aged Gaian

GalaxyCommander
His'sho BloodFeather

Upper Necropolis

User Image
His'sho found himself standing in the opening. He wasn't entirely sure how the compass worked but from what he had been told earlier he was pretty sure this was the right place. So he nodded as he was looking at the tiny device. The ash had once again found itself prevalent to clogging his nostrils and getting all over him. How he hated the muck, it made his wings molt, made him extremely uncomfortable, on top of many other heinous attributes. He kept holding the compass as he pointed which way to go. This place was a lot darker than he had expected, which began to make his superior eyesight which required some source of light to work to fail just like any other beings. Once they where inside the more tunnel like appendage he would shake as much of the ash and dust as he could from him without making a lot of noise. Now to most people this might be somewhat humorous but the feeling of being weighted down by tiny, smelly, flecks of itchy annoyance was one he wasn't able to ignore too much.

Around three or four feathers came off as well. To any Tengu that was a sign of something not being right. He was not used to the heat per say so for him that was a large part of it. Once finished he found himself looking around. It had become too dark for him to actually see anything. This was a slightly disconcerting feeling. He crossed his arms for a moment thinking of how to further proceed. He had a torch and could light it but he didn't know if that was a good idea at this point. Cursing his luck he went ahead and did so. This would illuminate things directly around the group and reveal a bit more of what they were walking into. He pulled out the map and began examining where it was the other group that had disappeared was supposed to have gone. Now he began to grow excited. The thrill of the hunt was before them at last.

Tres Ecstuffuan
Scalar Warfare

Upper Necropolis

"I's Magic", Sapphira whispered, responding to Unity.

_____Once His'sho continued to follow the compass, she followed. Sapphira couldn't see any better than His'sho, so she did not argue when the bird man lit his torch. That being said, Sapphira trusted enough in her tremorsense to have gone without, because she guessed that whatever was down here could see better than they could and if that was the case a torch would make them stand out like a sore thumb. She could not deny the comfort it brought her at least being able to see her companions.

_____His'sho looked pretty uncomfortable down here. She saw one of his feathers on the shelf as they walked to the tunnel entrance. Sapphira didn't seem to be bothered by her oppressive surroundings. Her athletic clothing helped absorb most of the moisture gathering on her fair skin as she moved low to the ground towards the entrance to this level of the Old Empire. The ground was rocky and uneven, such that at various intervals of the tunnel they would be forced to climb over and through sloping or narrowing passages. Sapphira seemed to move quite easily despite their uneven surface. In the light of the fire, either of her companions could note the way the stone seemed to shift beneath her steps and fingertips, acquiescing to support her every movement.

______Eventually this passage would open up into a vast underground cavern. The only illumination within this impossibly large chamber were the glows of various moss or fungus covered rocks. This would do little to improve Sapphira's inability to see in the darkness beyond the light radius of the torch, but this glow would greatly improve the distant perception of His'sho and Unity.

______She knew the surrounding chasm was vast however and she felt, because of the torch that they stuck out like a sore thumb. So she cautiously moved low to the earth, depending on her tremorsense to watch her surroundings. She followed His'sho as they walked deeper and deeper into the buried Necropolis. The massive cavern was filled with massive pyramidal ziggurat's, Rusted Iron Obelisk, and temple ruins, all at least partially submerged beneath a frozen wave of black sediment and rock. The remnants of the old empire were partially obscured beneath an ecosystem of glowing fungi, webbing and strange alien plantlife whose like did not exist in the world above. The underground world creaked and moaned with the sound of fuana wholly unique to this forgotten world. Certainly they were not alone in the ruins of the old empire.

Aged Gaian

Scalar Warfare

Genius

[Ash Bottom: Abandoned Guildhall]

Rune Slessiane
The bells upon her wings chimed, her eyes fluttered open, flashing brightly before dimming back to their usual copper hue. "I do not have a name..." She told Lysander as she fixated her gaze on his, "But I was given the nickname Feather, for obvious reasons." Lifting a hand she touched at a feather in her hair. "They were not very creative."

"No. Not very." Lys agreed, a shadow of a smile playing on his full lips. He allowed himself a glance at Claud. The man could likely guarantee them a decent chunk of uninterrupted time, but even still...

"I want to put your mind at ease...Feather." he said, with a hint of pity. 'Feather' was no name for a dragon; a bird, maybe, but not a creature whose ancestors had ruled the land and seas since the beginning of time.

"If you have any questions to ask of me, any proofs you need..."

The Vansin

"Why have you called me Lysander Wyvernspur? Yes I am a dragon, one of an ancient line rarely if ever seen, one of more feather not scales. But my power is limited, my memory darkness, and my wings useless. How can I be of use to you?" The questions flowed one right after another, luminescent gaze never leaving his.

She leaned back in her chair, hands hidden beneath the dark cloak around her form, so he'd be unable to see them clasp together tightly, squeezing till her knuckles where white. Yes he was the reason for the dreams, the calling that had tugged her body and soul to this useless city. While not content where she had been, there the skies clean and water clear. It was safe, a place where a chained dragon could breathe freely.

But now here she was, sitting before this man, her senses ringing with the power she felt flowing beneath the surface of that smile. "Why is it that fate supposedly brought me to you?"

Ice-Cold Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
N'granek - Atma's Keep - Upper Necropolis

Those sheened silvery irises shrank abruptly as the torch flared to life, and one could swear they heard the woman hiss deep in the back of her throat, a reaction of reflex more than any planned expression of distaste. The harsh, flickering... dirty light flooded her sensitive pupils and she shifted abruptly behind the Tengu, blocking the torch from view with an upraised arm until the afterimages of stars stopped dancing along her retina.

By the time Unity recovered, the pair had moved on, passing into the great sunken cavern, filled with the crumbling constructions of the Old Empire... but these only interested her as a passing note, as she stared resentfully at the back of the bird-mercenary, wishing her gaze could bore a hole in his chest.

A casual glance back at her might reveal that by now her entire outfit had inexplicably changed color to a dark midnight black, the only hint that she was even there the glint of metal on her armor. The fungi were of little help either, only vaguely hinting at vast outlines far beyond the party's reach.

Sullenly, she spoke in a half-whisper, conspicuously way less subtle than her usual comments.
"The temple is probably the most logical place to look for a chalice, I would think... though with this light, you might as well shout out our arrival while you're at it..."

--------------------------------

EQUILIBRIUM
DARK [||==========] GLOW

Tres Ecstuffuan

GalaxyCommander

His'sho BloodFeather

Upper Necropolis

User Image
His'sho was rather interested by all that he was seeing. It was rather fantastic although his eyesight was not improved much by the mushrooms and glowing things rather it would only allow him to see movement by them suddenly appearing or disappearing. He would glance back at the third party member as she spoke. Although not being human her glare to him was nothing really, He could understand what she meant by him giving off that they were there. He sighed for a moment. "Apologies." He said simply. He was indeed a Tengu but his senses in this unnatural place where at a complete loss, without his eyesight he was practically already a dead tengu. He did wonder if the mushrooms would give off enough light for him to see better but he would have to put the torch out and then possibly rekindle it.

This curiosity was beginning to eat at him so he decided to but it out for now. After giving his eyes time to adjust to the much darker hue of everything he indeed could see. Although it was not as effective as moonlight it was something. He still would have preferred the torch but he guessed the party preferred the darkness. At least here there wasn't ash and other filaments in the air to bother him much. He glanced at the map and compass having to look a bit hard at them to read them. His'sho looked at the one talking of temples and showed the map. If she could actually see it she would note that all the structures looked similar as many different ziggurats. The first one was not their lucky day. They would have to navigate around it and to one what was actually partially connected to it. His'sho had not been able to see anything as of yet but he had the feeling of being watched. It ruffled his feathers.

Tres Ecstuffuan
Scalar Warfare

Genius

[Ash bottom: Abandoned Guildhall]

Rune Slessiane
"Why have you called me Lysander Wyvernspur? Yes I am a dragon, one of an ancient line rarely if ever seen, one of more feather not scales. But my power is limited, my memory darkness, and my wings useless. How can I be of use to you?" The questions flowed one right after another, luminescent gaze never leaving his.

"Why is it that fate supposedly brought me to you?"

"Because you were not meant to stay that way." Lys said, his voice grave and low.

"The gods play their great game in the stars, sliding pieces across a board as wide as thought, where the stakes are everything. They marshal together pieces here and there to assault the strongholds of their foes. We are one such gathering. You are the piece of power, and I the one of guidance. Together, we can create a force which could shatter even the careful plots of the stars."

But would she care?

"To do that, we need to free you. You need to ride the winds like your forebears, to feel the crunch of bones between your jaws. You need a nose to smell the fear you are owed, and you need a hoard. All dragonpower comes from a hoard, and the rituals I will perform to free you will require great sacrifices of gold and jewels to the gods. Once done, the power of dragons will be yours again."

He reached a careful hand out to place over her own, an intimate gesture from a man who would, if allowed, become her closest ally, surest friend and absolute confidante.

"All I ask in return is that you lend me that power, when it is required."

"You sound so confident that you can free me, yet you know nothing of me." Her reply was soft, stoic, yet her eyes betrayed her doubt. He thought her power came from a hoard? For other typical dragons that might be true, but deep down she knew that was not her source. There was no desire to hoard gold nor jewels, no her desire was so much more then such trivial things.

As she was sure was the same for him.

"To what purpose would you use my power? Who are you Lysander, and who do you want to become?" Feather asked him, "In my dream, within the call, upon a dragon's back a king rode. Will you be that king?"

The memory of the dream played in her mind's eye, the great song echoed in her ears, whispering even now it's promise. A promise for now she'd keep from Lysander. For at the moment he was the one, but fate was a fickle thing, taking joy in veering one down a different path.

The Vansin

Aged Gaian

Beneath Hatheg-Klar - The Old Empire - Megalus

!

______As the group rounded one of the large dilapidated temples, Sapphira sensed some movement beneath her feet. In this moment the pungent smell of death would permeate through the cave born air. She reached out to stop their leader His'sho and turned to look in the direction they had come from. Sapphira didn't even see it at first but it was only after gazing in that direction with the light of His'sho's torch was she able to spot them. They were alien creatures that Sapphira had not seen on her initial expedition and she hoped in that moment that she would never encounter them again.

______There were three of them. Masses of green and brown mold about 3 feet tall formed a 4 legged stalk that hobbled at a slow pace towards them. Numerous mushrooms sprouted from the stalks forming the head, which obscured a toothless maw that dripped sloppily with a smoking glowing green ichor. The cavern was filled with all sorts of fungi and moss, so it was evident that they had likely walked right past these creatures without noticing them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[Following Post for the Phycomid's]

GalaxyCommander

Scalar Warfare

Aged Gaian

Phychomid A

______The first phycomid to get within 20 feet of the group would lurch back and then throw its capped head forward, spitting a baseball sized volley of that green liquid dripping from its mouth. The volley was aimed towards Unity's chest with unusual speed and precision. If the volley met its mark, Unity would receive an agonizing Acid Burn. This volley of acid also contains dangerous spores that will attempt to infest her lungs if the acid makes contact.

Scalar Warfare

GalaxyCommander

Aged Gaian

Phycomid B

______Followed shortly behind and to the right of Phycomid A, was phycomid B. It seems as if these creatures have relatively low intelligence, as their manner of attack and strategy was the same. This phycomid will attempt to spit a volley of Acid into the face of Sapphira.

Aged Gaian

Phycomid C

______The last phycomid would spit a volley of Acid aimed at His'sho, though with His'sho being the farthest away, this volley was pretty inaccurate and easy to avoid.

Ice-Cold Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
N'granek - Atma's Keep - Upper Necropolis - To The Temple Steps

Unity swiped the map from the tengu's grip with an annoyed expression, poring over it with a furrowed brow and intense scrutiny. The constant shifting between light and dark with the lighting and unlighting of the torch was messing with her ability to see properly, and much of the glowing flora was way too far off to lend any help.

It was thus that she didn't even notice the creeping myconoids behind them at first, though with the way the both time and space seemed to bend here and align multiple parallel instances through some dark magics, Sapphira somehow had, via the light of a torch that didn't exist. It was only the squelching sound of their approach that clued her in, moments before a wad of corrosive spittle came flying through the air at her.

Instinctively, her arms came up shielding her face and upper chest... with the map still in them. With a disgusting 'splat!', the dry parchment fell sodden with burning acid... then quickly began to curl and smoke as it was eaten apart. Discarding the now-useless mess of a map with a toss of her right hand, Unity darted back, and away, diving behind a nearby boulder temporarily. She still couldn't see properly, and it would be a while yet before she could readjust... assuming that feathered buffoon didn't decide to light his torch again.

A moment to catch her breath, and to make sure more projectiles weren't headed her way, and she was up and running again, sprinting past the other two on the way to the temple's steps.
"Don't bother... just run! We'll regroup inside."

--------------------------------

EQUILIBRIUM
DARK [||==========] GLOW

Tres Ecstuffuan

GalaxyCommander

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers