User Image

Hello, Gaians! I trust you all had a great Thanksgiving? We here at the Labs celebrated in style, which is to say we taped a couple of dead leaves to the windows and then got right back to work. Festive! Sure, I heard a lot of interns and assistants grumbling about being "hungry" or "wanting to see their families" or "Dr. Singh I've got chemicals in my eyes it burns" and other such nonsense, but that's no excuse to abandon your post! Science never sleeps, friends, and neither will we so long as there are things to discover! Anyway, we here at the Evolving Item Labs worked tirelessly throughout the entire holiday to bring you this week's report. Was it worth it? I certainly seem to think so! We've got more evolutions from Wandering Maestro and Volant Reverie to take a look at, so let's get started!

User Image

User ImageWandering Maestro: It had surprised the Bard to learn that his mother and father were in a village only a day's walk from where he started his journey. He found them playing in an inn together, the sound of their music a familiar comfort to his heart. At first the Bard chose to simply stand out of sight, appreciating the delicate chords his mother plucked from her lute and the strong, brassy notes his father played on his trumpet. But it wasn't long before a nostalgic melody reached his ears; a lullaby his parents had sung to him as a child. Smiling, the Bard took up his viola and began to play a harmony as he made his way towards them, his heart pounding a matching rhythm in his chest.

The song gradually drew to a close and the Bard suddenly found himself wrapped in his parents' arms, hugging him so hard he felt as if he couldn't breathe. The love in their voices hadn't faded one bit, but his parents -- well, they looked different. The lines in his mother's face had furrowed themselves deeper, and her hands trembled a bit when she wasn't playing. Had his father's hair always been that gray? The Bard had come here to tell them everything he had learned recently, but he realized he simply... couldn't. Instead the Bard raised his viola and invited his parents to play once more.

So they did. All night they played and sang, until their arms were tired and their throats were sore. And in the morning the Bard put on his cloak and left the inn, his journey far from over.

User ImageVolant Reverie: Babette clung to her balloon as she drifted over countless worlds, eventually choosing one at random to make her descent. She landed in a field full of flowers of all colors and shapes, the sweet scent almost as intoxicating as this new world's beauty. She was greeted by the tiny, pixie-like inhabitants of the world who called themselves the Arnanthe. These strange natives immediately adored Babette, and she soon loved them in return. The Arnanthe took to calling Babette their beloved princess, and every day they gathered the freshest, most fragrant flowers into extravagant bouquets to present to her. But it wasn't long before Babette began to feel sick; her body was so weak, and her heart grew heavy with a terrible sadness. It seemed as if the pollen from the Arnanthe's world of flowers was toxic to her, causing Babette to fall very ill. Although Babette loved the Arnanthe and their perfumed world, she knew she could no longer stay. And so Babette inflated her balloon once more and allowed herself to be carried away, waving a tearful goodbye to the people who had been so kind to her.

Wow! That was certainly something, wouldn't you say? I know I'm a bit late, but if there's one thing I'm thankful for it's Evolving Items like these! Wanna show your gratitude? Then head on over to our Weekly EI Poll and tell us which item was your favorite! And don't forget to visit La Victoire if you want to study this week's evolutions up close. See you next time, science fans!