Welcome to Gaia! ::

Icy Millionaire

So I stopped playing for about 5 months and just got back into the game last week. I have my 6 90s like usual and not much had really changed. I ventured onto timeless isle and of course the first day my mage found like 13 rare purples in like 2 hours, so I decided to follow suit with the rest of my toons

My thing is this, I have a shadow priest, every 497 cloth item they pop has spirit on it. I am NOT a healing priest, none of my gear has heals, I am shadow PRIEST yet all my s**t has spirit??

So I go there with my resto druid, who ONLY heals, I dont even touch boomkin or cat I dislike them. And I roll like 7 leather pieces and one has spirit.

So my shadow priest is finding all cloth gear with spirit? And my restro druid is finding nothing with spirit?

Can someone who still plays NOW tell me whats up with this? Because it clearly says "for that specialization" yet I roll it with a shadow priest and get spirit? I hear spirit is hit for an s-priest now but even at end game content BIS NO one chooses spirit over like haste or better stats. So why are these stats on all my gear?

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Spirit turns into Hit for Shadow Priests and Balance Druids.

Edit: And I think Elemental Shamans as well?

Icy Millionaire

Orc Knight Mina

This is what everyone keeps saying in chat. BUT when I asked if end game gear they want spirit over other stats they said NO. That no shadow priest picks spirit gear over gear with like haste.

Fanatical Prophet

It's the games way of pushing you into a proper healing spec.

Feels good to have all this Spirit.

Fanatical Prophet

Bathed in Brena
I AM NOT A HEALING SPEC. I AM A SHADOW PRIEST.
Not anymore. emotion_dowant

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Bathed in Brena
Orc Knight Mina

This is what everyone keeps saying in chat. BUT when I asked if end game gear they want spirit over other stats they said NO. That no shadow priest picks spirit gear over gear with like haste.
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

(Sticky) Shadow Raiding Guide - Current for 5.4

According to this, you need 15% chance to hit for raiding, which means you still need hit rating.

You have a 1:1 conversion for spirit to hit rating as a shadow priest, so yes, you can use spirit just fine.

Once you have 15% hit, then no, you don't want to keep taking spirit over anything else.

ohhh did i win's Partner

Dangerous Lunatic

i wonder if maybe you have your loot specialization set to something other than shadow >_> if its set to holy or disc that'd explain why you're getting so much healing gear
Bathed in Brena
So I stopped playing for about 5 months and just got back into the game last week. I have my 6 90s like usual and not much had really changed. I ventured onto timeless isle and of course the first day my mage found like 13 rare purples in like 2 hours, so I decided to follow suit with the rest of my toons

My thing is this, I have a shadow priest, every 497 cloth item they pop has spirit on it. I am NOT a healing priest, none of my gear has heals, I am shadow PRIEST yet all my s**t has spirit??

So I go there with my resto druid, who ONLY heals, I dont even touch boomkin or cat I dislike them. And I roll like 7 leather pieces and one has spirit.

So my shadow priest is finding all cloth gear with spirit? And my restro druid is finding nothing with spirit?

Can someone who still plays NOW tell me whats up with this? Because it clearly says "for that specialization" yet I roll it with a shadow priest and get spirit? I hear spirit is hit for an s-priest now but even at end game content BIS NO one chooses spirit over like haste or better stats. So why are these stats on all my gear?

It's random; you can get any suffix and secondary stat (or pair of stats) from the tokens. If you're having trouble getting Spirit on everything, try changing specs.

On the druid, definitely DON'T go cat or bear, or else you'll get physical stuff; but try carrying a chicken spec to see if it changes your gear luck.
Bathed in Brena

I was told it was not random. I was told the secondary stat goes off of your specialization. But this isn't about those stats like critical strike and haste. Its adding tons of spiriting and gimping those other stats by not adding them to make room for the spirit.

Tale of two heroines:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/skywall/Kollanie/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/skywall/Kasselin/simple

A lot of my druid's gear is actually still from when I raided - need Burdens to do effective upgrades on her. Of the pieces that I've gotten off the Isle, they've been split pretty evenly between spirit and not, as resto.. The trinket... I'll describe after.

As for my priest, it's all over the place with haste and mastery dominating. I almost never change her from disc because it's nifty in both soloing and groups ( emotion_bigheart Atonement.)

Quote:
My hybrid classes cant seem to roll the proper gear for that place. Like I was saying, I dont want to pop a curio rare trinket on my shadow priest, expecting the intellect trinket and end up with the healing one, or vice versa on my healer, I am too scared to pop a curio because I think it will be wrong on my hybrids.

With the druid, I intentionally went moonkin before opening the trinket, because I wanted the DPS-soloing boost.

The curio is absolutely predictable:
-If you are a tank spec, you get Niuzao.
-If you are a melee spec, you get Xuen.
-If you are a caster spec, you get Yu'lon.
-If you are a healer spec, you get Chi-ji.

Quote:
Like my druid is one of my mains, that is who I raid heal with. So I went and two maned a 21mil life boss with my husband (he was on a dk of course they are hacks) and I had NO mana regeneration with this new druid gear. Back when I did deathwing my mana regenerated like crazy, I never ran out, now with this no spirit gear, I am getting no regeneration. Like I dont want to waste waste 50k coins to upgrade a piece on my druid and it rolls with out spirit. I tried healing with out the spirit gear and it does not work.

In my experience, it's random. Keep cracking those armour tokens. 3nodding

Icy Millionaire

Sandokiri
Bathed in Brena

I was told it was not random. I was told the secondary stat goes off of your specialization. But this isn't about those stats like critical strike and haste. Its adding tons of spiriting and gimping those other stats by not adding them to make room for the spirit.

Tale of two heroines:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/skywall/Kollanie/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/skywall/Kasselin/simple

A lot of my druid's gear is actually still from when I raided - need Burdens to do effective upgrades on her. Of the pieces that I've gotten off the Isle, they've been split pretty evenly between spirit and not, as resto.. The trinket... I'll describe after.

As for my priest, it's all over the place with haste and mastery dominating. I almost never change her from disc because it's nifty in both soloing and groups ( emotion_bigheart Atonement.)

Quote:
My hybrid classes cant seem to roll the proper gear for that place. Like I was saying, I dont want to pop a curio rare trinket on my shadow priest, expecting the intellect trinket and end up with the healing one, or vice versa on my healer, I am too scared to pop a curio because I think it will be wrong on my hybrids.

With the druid, I intentionally went moonkin before opening the trinket, because I wanted the DPS-soloing boost.

The curio is absolutely predictable:
-If you are a tank spec, you get Niuzao.
-If you are a melee spec, you get Xuen.
-If you are a caster spec, you get Yu'lon.
-If you are a healer spec, you get Chi-ji.

Quote:
Like my druid is one of my mains, that is who I raid heal with. So I went and two maned a 21mil life boss with my husband (he was on a dk of course they are hacks) and I had NO mana regeneration with this new druid gear. Back when I did deathwing my mana regenerated like crazy, I never ran out, now with this no spirit gear, I am getting no regeneration. Like I dont want to waste waste 50k coins to upgrade a piece on my druid and it rolls with out spirit. I tried healing with out the spirit gear and it does not work.

In my experience, it's random. Keep cracking those armour tokens. 3nodding

The curios are correct. I opened one on my resto druid and got the heal trinket. I opened it on my shadow priest and got the dps one. My shadow priests dominate specs were spirit. Most of the pieces have spirit over haste/mastery.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff