9,625 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
  • Survivor 150
Bobsplosion

⊱ 'You can only pretend we're two of a kind...'

What exactly is going on here?

'...For I am cut from your mortal fears.'⊰
Just a warning of sorts. Apparently something like Instachecker's being used to scout teams now during Wi-Fi battles.
I'm looking to see if there's any discussions about it offsite, but this is what Zinverai said about it.

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
mimiru_002
Malomy
Instacheck was actually encouraging people to work together, which Nintendo probably didn't mind at all, but you can bet your butt they will have a problem with people using a similar program to cheat in competition.
Which sucks because knowing Nintendo, they'll render both useless in one fell swoop. They really need to implement a way to check IVs while trading.

I know!
Which is why I'm raging right now about this ;w;

Guess I will have to hatch that shiny mawile while I have the chance?<.>
Anyone know of a person with a TSV of 8?

Anxious Spotter

9,625 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
  • Survivor 150
Malomy
Reddit has a couple.

Kin Ally

Bobsplosion

This.

Kin Ally

Malomy

TSV and ESV will still work if there is a patch
The thing is you won't be able to know the TSV and ESV of new trainers and eggs :c

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
Sinclarity
Malomy
Reddit has a couple.

How does Reddit work, even?x-x;

Anxious Spotter

9,625 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
  • Survivor 150
Malomy
I'm not any better then ya. :c I have enough accounts/places to check on TSVs that I'm kinda avoiding to go to Reddit just for SVs.

Merry Bunny

16,600 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cheerbringer 100
Sinclarity
Malomy
I'm not any better then ya. :c I have enough accounts/places to check on TSVs that I'm kinda avoiding to go to Reddit just for SVs.

Same. sweatdrop

Man-Hungry Gawker

10,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Sinclarity
Bobsplosion

Just a warning of sorts. Apparently something like Instachecker's being used to scout teams now during Wi-Fi battles.
I'm looking to see if there's any discussions about it offsite, but this is what Zinverai said about it.

ugh i look at the forum. and some people who posted on it just need to go away, /tired of see there s**t xD. anyways in sucks people have to use a program like that.

Anxious Spotter

9,625 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
  • Survivor 150
Hexish
ugh i look at the forum. and some people who posted on it just need to go away, /tired of see there s**t xD. anyways in sucks people have to use a program like that.
People who'd resort to such tactics are probably sucky battlers in the first place. It's dirty stuff.
From what I've seen online, right to finding a source thread of sorts, people are obviously not at all happy about this being a thing, outright even refusing to use said program. Good stuff, but... hrm. I hope the Instachecker guys are able to find out a way to block this.

Man-Hungry Gawker

10,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Sinclarity
Hexish
People who'd resort to such tactics are probably sucky battlers in the first place. It's dirty stuff.
From what I've seen online, right to finding a source thread of sorts, people are obviously not at all happy about this being a thing, outright even refusing to use said program. Good stuff, but... hrm. I hope the Instachecker guys are able to find out a way to block this.

yeah it annoys me that this came out. it sucks that we might lose instachecker i see no wrong in getting shiny pokemon

Anxious Spotter

9,625 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
  • Survivor 150
Hexish
yeah it annoys me that this came out. it sucks that we might lose instachecker i see no wrong in getting shiny pokemon
If Nintendo/GF can somehow encrypt battles only like how they encrypt the GTS singularly, Instacheck may still be ok. If we get a mass-encryption thing then, welp. The way we're getting shinies here is great, perfect communities get-together effort and all, but if it's deemed just as bothersome it's gone. Whether or not we think it's fine, it all points to the developers to decide and work on.

Man-Hungry Gawker

10,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Sinclarity
Hexish
If Nintendo/GF can somehow encrypt battles only like how they encrypt the GTS singularly, Instacheck may still be ok. If we get a mass-encryption thing then, welp. The way we're getting shinies here is great, perfect communities get-together effort and all, but if it's deemed just as bothersome it's gone. Whether or not we think it's fine, it all points to the developers to decide and work on.

yeah so true

Friendly Explorer

Sinclarity
Hold up. Is he in that/a Facebook TSV group, by chance? Though, I haven't joined the one I know so I don't know how many James are in that thing.

I don't know. >.< I found the number on the Smogon Updated spreadsheet with the only info as:
James 3,950 Facebook 2208-5778-4808. I searched the FC through Google and it didn't find anything. Arg, I wish it was a username and not just a name without even a family name or alias. ^^;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff