Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Noob

He keeps blaming the local government when he,himself, isn't doing much. Of course the local government are in chaos, they are trying to calm people who are panicking and afraid. Afraid because there were already news that there were death caused by other people pillaging for food. Also a case of rape was issued,prisoners escaped. There are already relief goods and yet the national government hasn't given them yet

Dangerous Lunatic

Greedy Noob

5,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
I think he is. He actually visited one of the repacking stations in Metro Manila earlier, facilitating the repacking of relief goods to be handed over soon. He seems less competent than the previous presidents but a lot of issues in the government have gotten exposed ever since he got elected. I don't know about what you think but that tells a lot about his sincerity.

And yeah, the DSWD is doing something, that I can assure you. Although I heard that there are problems about transporting the goods to Tacloban because it's like The Hunger Games there, people already compete for the goods even if the vehicles haven't reached the city yet, thus running out of items to give to those who are actually in Tacloban. I don't have a valid evidence but it seems possible.

Sometimes you also have to ask yourself if you've done your part before you blame the authorities. You can't demand others to do their jobs well as officials when you yourself don't do your job well as a citizen (let's say...littering on the streets, that's like a disease every Filipino has that pushes my buttons every time I go out). If you've done your part then that's awesome. 3nodding No offense meant/ didn't mean to lecture, just a thought.

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Aerru
I think he is. He actually visited one of the repacking stations in Metro Manila earlier, facilitating the repacking of relief goods to be handed over soon. He seems less competent than the previous presidents but a lot of issues in the government have gotten exposed ever since he got elected. I don't know about what you think but that tells a lot about his sincerity.

And yeah, the DSWD is doing something, that I can assure you. Although I heard that there are problems about transporting the goods to Tacloban because it's like The Hunger Games there, people already compete for the goods even if the vehicles haven't reached the city yet, thus running out of items to give to those who are actually in Tacloban. I don't have a valid evidence but it seems possible.

Sometimes you also have to ask yourself if you've done your part before you blame the authorities. You can't demand others to do their jobs well as officials when you yourself don't do your job well as a citizen (let's say...littering on the streets, that's like a disease every Filipino has that pushes my buttons every time I go out). If you've done your part then that's awesome. 3nodding No offense meant/ didn't mean to lecture, just a thought.
I couldn't agree more. Not to deviate too much from the OP's topic of discussion, and I don't live in America so I only know of it's problems what I can learn through the internet, but to think any president or government isn't doing their job effectively is a bit naive. I hear it all the time here. Citizens like to b***h about things. Even if they're currently enjoying the best care they've ever known. Still there'll be bitching. Few people I know have taken the time to consider how hard it would be to have the weight of an entire country's worth of problems resting on your shoulders and then try to decide how you're going to allocate the resources available to you effectively to benefit the most people.

Gaichou
Text above is probably worth you reading and thinking about.

Perfect Target

21,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
what do you expect from a retard..

Hilarious Friend

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mr McMichael
Calling the President a retard doesn't make you a better citizen. All I hear is complains from people and not a small appreciation of the effort everyone has been putting to conduct successful relief operations on some affected areas. You can't blame one person if the people below him are the ones who are acting slow. -.- Think about it, have you helped in any form?

Perfect Target

21,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
snowflakes_b
Mr McMichael
Calling the President a retard doesn't make you a better citizen. All I hear is complains from people and not a small appreciation of the effort everyone has been putting to conduct successful relief operations on some affected areas. You can't blame one person if the people below him are the ones who are acting slow. -.- Think about it, have you helped in any form?
of course I already help, old clothes, groceries, and I volunteered to repack the relief goods yesterday, I also pledge a salary deduction for donation..

yes you can't blame one person but he's blaming the officials from the affected area for not cooperating which is some of them are already dead due to the devastating event, that's why they don't cooperate.. I have friends there which their entire clan has been wiped out, and other countries are doing better than the government

this doesn't make me a better citizen like you said but he's still a retard to me

Hilarious Friend

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mr McMichael
snowflakes_b
Mr McMichael
of course I already help, old clothes, groceries, and I volunteered to repack the relief goods yesterday, I also pledge a salary deduction for donation..

yes you can't blame one person but he's blaming the officials from the affected area for not cooperating which is some of them are already dead due to the devastating event, that's why they don't cooperate.. I have friends there which their entire clan has been wiped out, and other countries are doing better than the government

this doesn't make me a better citizen like you said but he's still a retard to me

And this shows 'Bayahinan'? Honestly, all I see are complaints, and wrong and faulty information being disseminated through social networking media. It is devastating but shouldn't that be a way to boost them unto helping more to be able to minimize the number of more people that will die of hunger? It is not the President's fault that the lower branches in which he asked help for is not moving. He is doing his best, although it is obviously not enough.

Do you think, on the slightest bit, that he wanted this to happen? All blames on him, all hands pointed on him. -.-

Dangerous Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Gaichou
He keeps blaming the local government when he,himself, isn't doing much. Of course the local government are in chaos, they are trying to calm people who are panicking and afraid. Afraid because there were already news that there were death caused by other people pillaging for food. Also a case of rape was issued,prisoners escaped. There are already relief goods and yet the national government hasn't given them yet

i think i agree with you spikey ninja ninja

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
He is doing something because that's his job as a president. I think the issue really isn't about if he's helping or not (the media shows that he is) but his tactless comments. The national government is helping the victims BUT AT THE SAME TIME blaming the local government for the extent of the devastation. The local government PREPARED for the coming typhoon and remember that those affected areas are 'veterans' when it comes to typhoons, but the president didn't even ask himself how people can be fully prepared for a typhoon like that. He started blaming people for their "incompetence."

The last thing those people need is a president pointing fingers and blaming the local officials (who by the way also lost family members and friends) for the deaths.
the government sucks xp

Newbie Gaian

I'm sure the government is doing their best. DOING THEIR BEST TO CORRUPT XD

Hexola's Wife

It isn't his job to help other countries. It's his job to run yours and even then he's doing it wrong.

Hilarious Genius

5,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Market Browser 100
Gaichou

hell true! I lived in tacloban city where the typhoon crashed. I suffered so much. I can't imagine the city anymore. it's a mess! a really mess! for 3 days we are in hunger. no reliefs have been given. died people scattered in streets. true we survived from this typhoon but we will die from sickness and hunger. They said lots of people even in other countries donated but where the hell is that donations? it's true they have given us reliefs and I'm thankful for that but when I went to manila city the capital of philippines I found out that lots of people donated but i wondered why we only accept small amount of reliefs! and here is the thing! the government said that only at least 5 thousand died from this disaster! NO!! it is almost 200 thousands and lot of people are still missing!! 200 thousands in leyte only how about the other province!!? the government is hiding it! they hiding their negligence!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff