• Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Ratttking
Keltoi Samurai
Ratttking
Keltoi Samurai
A mali
What are the chances of a contaminated sample (or a manipulated one)?

Depends on who did the test.

If it's a reputable place, then the odds are near to nonexistent.

If it was done by the Maury Povich show, then it's good odds they never even did a test, they just told him he was 14% black to stir up s**t, much like they do on their paternity test shows.
It's this place:
https://www.ancestrybydna.com
They say the basic test gives the estimated percentage of ancestry from four different populations.

But the thing was done by a show, so they may have skewed the results to create drama, much like Maury's been known to do.
Done by or paid for by?

Not sure, but whether it was "done by" or "paid for by," the fact is that "results were read on," which means there was an incentive to reveal something shocking ( specifically, "ratings" ).

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Keltoi Samurai
Ratttking
Keltoi Samurai
Ratttking
Keltoi Samurai
A mali
What are the chances of a contaminated sample (or a manipulated one)?

Depends on who did the test.

If it's a reputable place, then the odds are near to nonexistent.

If it was done by the Maury Povich show, then it's good odds they never even did a test, they just told him he was 14% black to stir up s**t, much like they do on their paternity test shows.
It's this place:
They say the basic test gives the estimated percentage of ancestry from four different populations.

But the thing was done by a show, so they may have skewed the results to create drama, much like Maury's been known to do.
Done by or paid for by?

Not sure, but whether it was "done by" or "paid for by," the fact is that "results were read on," which means there was an incentive to reveal something shocking ( specifically, "ratings" ).
I remember when Geraldo opened a vault supposedly containing Al Capone's treasure. The shocking part was that there was nothing in it.

Fashionable Explorer

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
quite often the thing people hate the most is the thing that comes back to haunt him.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Irony is a b***h, Mr. Cobb 4laugh

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Grand Monarch of Heaven
Irony is a b***h, Mr. Cobb 4laugh

I was about to say that. *giggles*

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Maybe he'll do the world a favor and off himself now.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Ratttking
Keltoi Samurai
Ratttking
Keltoi Samurai
Ratttking
It's this place:

Done by or paid for by?

I remember when Geraldo opened a vault supposedly containing Al Capone's treasure. The shocking part was that there was nothing in it.

And that show of his was cancelled shortly thereafter.

So riddle me this: what would provide the biggest reaction to the audience, and thus be the answer that gets the best ratings: A ) white supremacist gets DNA tested, turns out he's pure Scandinavian whitestock, or B ) white supremacist gets DNA tested, turns out he's got a goodly bit of Sub-Saharan African in the mix, there?

Honestly, it's almost too perfect, which is why I'm thinking it might be staged. I mean, out of all the nonwhite races to come up with that might piss dude off, it just so happens the one bit of minglage he's got is the one variety he hates the most?

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Keltoi Samurai
Ratttking
Keltoi Samurai
Ratttking
Keltoi Samurai
Ratttking
It's this place:

Done by or paid for by?

So riddle me this: what would provide the biggest reaction to the audience, and thus be the answer that gets the best ratings: A ) white supremacist gets DNA tested, turns out he's pure Scandinavian whitestock, or B ) white supremacist gets DNA tested, turns out he's got a goodly bit of Sub-Saharan African in the mix, there?

Honestly, it's almost too perfect, which is why I'm thinking it might be staged. I mean, out of all the nonwhite races to come up with that might piss dude off, it just so happens the one bit of minglage he's got is the one variety he hates the most?

But who says his great grand parents were racist?

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
If you want to get technical we all have Africans in our ancestry. Because the earliest known human fossils were found in Africa suggesting that Africa is where humans first evolved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Ratttking
Keltoi Samurai
Ratttking
Keltoi Samurai
Ratttking
It's this place:

Done by or paid for by?

Ya know, it took me awhile. But I remeber that too. Only left questions like are they sure it was the right vault and if anyone already found it or he "took it with him". Things like that.

Versatile Gaian

1,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gender Swap 100

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Pffffff,bwahahahahaha! rofl rofl

Ain't that a hoot,the racist pig is racist against his own self! lol

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Alexander J Luthor
Keltoi Samurai
Ratttking
Keltoi Samurai
Ratttking
Done by or paid for by?

But who says his great grand parents were racist?

Right, right, right, but that don't really explain the whole coincidence factor that a racist who hates blacks most of all and believes himself racially "pure" turns out to be part black.

I'm playing with math, and for him to be approximately 14% of something, that works out to roughly 9/64, meaning . . . Far too much funky maths for me to sit and play with, determining mixages and whatnot, but it's a very high number of just the very thing that he hates most in the world, and it seems funny to me that he's just now learning that not only is he of mixed ancestry, but that it's mixed with just the very thing that he hates most in the world.

I dunno . . . I think the odds are just against such a scenario being legit. It looks like the kinda thing a ******** sitcom about racists'd do during Sweeps to drum up ratings, so I have trouble believing that this talkshow managed to find such a ratings-perfect specimen of a racist white supremacist who despises black folks and believes himself racially pure, and turns out to not just be of mixed heritage ( which would be the "gotcha" moment on the talkshow during the reveal, the part where the audience goes "OOOOHHHHHH" ), but also that that the mix in question was with Sub-Saharan African, so not only is he mix-raced, but he's part Black, specifically ( which would be the "wow" moment, where the audiences gasp transitions to riotous cheers, screaming and applause ). It's literally too perfect to not be staged.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Keltoi Samurai
Right, right, right, but that don't really explain the whole coincidence factor that a racist who hates blacks most of all and believes himself racially "pure" turns out to be part black.

I'm playing with math, and for him to be approximately 14% of something, that works out to roughly 9/64, meaning . . . Far too much funky maths for me to sit and play with, determining mixages and whatnot, but it's a very high number of just the very thing that he hates most in the world, and it seems funny to me that he's just now learning that not only is he of mixed ancestry, but that it's mixed with just the very thing that he hates most in the world.

I dunno . . . I think the odds are just against such a scenario being legit. It looks like the kinda thing a ******** sitcom about racists'd do during Sweeps to drum up ratings, so I have trouble believing that this talkshow managed to find such a ratings-perfect specimen of a racist white supremacist who despises black folks and believes himself racially pure, and turns out to not just be of mixed heritage ( which would be the "gotcha" moment on the talkshow during the reveal, the part where the audience goes "OOOOHHHHHH" ), but also that that the mix in question was with Sub-Saharan African, so not only is he mix-raced, but he's part Black, specifically ( which would be the "wow" moment, where the audiences gasp transitions to riotous cheers, screaming and applause ). It's literally too perfect to not be staged.

No kidding: the first thing I thought of when I read the great-grand parent thing was "I guess once you go black you can come back..." Yes, I am a terrible b*****d.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Alexander J Luthor
Keltoi Samurai

No kidding: the first thing I thought of when I read the great-grand parent thing was "I guess once you go black you can come back..." Yes, I am a terrible b*****d.

So you understand why I'm thinking they staged the results?

Because, like I said, real life almost never plays out so perfectly. I mean, this is just one of those things that if it played out on a scripted show, it'd lead to claims of "no way. It's just too perfect to be believable."

Hell, I'm convinced the only reason talkshows get away with half the s**t they do is because, with the exception of Jerry Springer, the hosts have yet to really break kayfabe. The wrestling industry decided back in the 80's that it was getting too unbelievable to really convince people that this shyte was all legit, but the talk shows keep insisting it's all real.

I mean, you remember back what wrestling was like in the 80's, yeah? Back when people still thought the rivalries and personas were legit? Back before they decided to just go fecking ridiculous and over-the-top? Well, that's what's going on with talkshows. These wacky, out of control guests are all out-of-control in the same way that the Ultimate Warrior talked to the ghosts of all the great warriors who came before him. The paternity tests and lie detectors are like the rivalry matches and grudge fights: completely scripted, staged, and the end result is going to be based not on the truth or anything real, but on what's gonna get the biggest reaction out of the audience.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff