Welcome to Gaia! ::

Partying Streaker

A look of surprise crossed the boy's face, and he immediately started for the Captain's cabin which Shasta had just come out of. Out of habit, he knocked politely before remembering he could likely simply enter the cabin in this situation, and he pushed the door open. Inside he found a drying pool of blood, an impatiently waiting Drayven, and an unconscious, bandaged Sebastian. Even as Drayven fiercely admonished him to get a move on and take the Captain's shoulders, Jasper was moving towards him, wrapping his arms under the Captain's shoulders. Drayven snapped at him again to be more careful, don't grab him like that, like this, and soon enough the young man was hoisted carefully up off the ground, shuffled over to the bed, and plopped down as gently as possible.

Drayven thanked Jasper and dismissed him; the boy went to the door, paused and turned back worriedly, then left without another word, having nothing to say and knowing it was not his place to ask them.

"You're bandaging job is quite acceptable," Drayven remarked to Shasta, once more inspecting the injured area to make sure the wound hadn't opened again and wasn't bleeding through. Then he muttered, "Young fool. How long were you planning to wander around the ship before coming to get this seen to?" He patted the man's cheek in an affectionate, worried mockery of discipline. "You're sister would slap you until your head spun for pulling a stunt like that and your father would throw you in the brig afterwards."

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
She watched the interaction worried about Sebastian as well. She nodded her thanks at Drayvens compliment on her bandaging. She then heard his soft comment. "is his whole family pirates?" she asked suddenly feel a small sting in her heart at the thought of that.

Partying Streaker

Drayven glanced at her out of the corner of his eye, hesitating before replying. How much should he tell her? He knew very well the depth of family secrets hiding just behind the Jesper name, and he knew how much the entire family needed these secrets to be kept at this time. After a few seconds he nodded and said, "Mostly. His mother and father are Privateers as he is," the old man put a slight emphasis on privateers. "His older sister married and now lives on land." He decided not to mention the boys Tyelar and Damian and their relation to the Captain, especially not Damian. He didn't want the girl asking too many questions, and he had the feeling if he so much as mentioned their names there would be just that: more questions no one needed to be asking.

Looking back down at the white-faced unconscious Captain, Drayven straightened. "He should be fine now, as long as he doesn't hurt himself again trying to get up once he wakes. A highly likely scenario. Would you care to keep an eye on him to make sure that doesn't happen?"

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
She nodded accepting that fact. It was a pretty common practice, children raised on a ship typically stayed on a ship of their own, his sister sounded like a curious case, but she figured she found a man she couldn't part with. She then heard his request and nodded. "I don't mind watching him... I've got some mental digging to do myself," she said now finding a stool and sitting on it near the bed.

Partying Streaker

User Image

Drayven watched her shrewdly for several seconds. Her own mental digging. Of course she did. So much had happened this day, so much she would need to think about... And so much she shouldn't, he thought worriedly, remembering the bloodbath on deck, the last bits of which were still being mopped up and dealt with. What she had seen and done today, he worried that it would plague her mind as the old man had seen it plague the minds of many of the strongest of men.

For now, he decided, he would let her be alone.

Nodding his thanks, the aging physician turned and quietly left, softly closing the door behind him.

It was several hours later, only shortly after midnight, that Sebastian began to wake. His mind was foggy as it struggled towards consciousness, his vision blurry as his eyes flickered open. Groggily looking around, he gradually began to recognize the roof and walls of his own little cabin, and he began to try pushing himself up on his elbows, letting out a grunt of effort and discomfort as the movement tugged at his side.

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
"easy Sebastian, or you'll rip the stitches and start bleeding again," she says gently putting a hand on his shoulder more to get his attention than to stop him. She looked rather tired having put herself to the task of watching him till he woke up or till she finally passed out from exhaustion. The fight had drained her, but the time had given her a likely answer as to why she acted as she did during the fight...

Partying Streaker

User Image

Seb turned his gaze towards the voice, not noticing until she spoke that his dear friend was there beside him. Their gazes, both heavily laced with exhaustion, met, and Seb quietly gave in, settling back into the bed with a sigh. He closed his eyes, though he was not going back to sleep yet. "How's the crew?" he asked quietly, and added, "How's Luka? Do you know?"

//Ooc: Sorry, crappy post, I'm exhausted emotion_zzz

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
"There were 6 casualties... 10 who were badly injured, and the rest had some minor wounds... Luka is fine," she said nodding. She was glad to see him awake even if he looked about as exhausted as she felt. "Both Drayven and I wanna smack you for making us worry by not telling us of your side... You could have died," she said. She will admit she admired his loyalty to his crew. He was a real definition of a captain.

Partying Streaker

User Image

Eyes still closed, Seb nodded, knowing the casualties already and glad to hear there didn't seem to be any further complications with them; he was indescribably relieved that his First Mate and good friend was going to be okay. At her rebuke, he opened one violet eye that glinted slightly with cocky mischief. "But I didn't," he replied with one corner of his mouth turned up in a charming little smirk.

The smirk slowly changed to one more of slight concern, and he looked at her with both eyes open again. "What about you? Are you okay?" he asked more seriously, not just meaning physically but, more importantly, mentally and emotionally as well.

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
She actually paused for a moment before nodding, "I think... I've figured out why I was so at home in that fight... The really only explanation is that one or both of my parents had to be a pirate or privateer... How I got to the natives and then raised I don't know yet," she says "it's why I got my sea legs so easily and the roll and pitch don't send me staggering." she says nodding to herself. It made sense, she obviously knew how to use a sword and gun, and the deck of a ship felt like home. "I really would have been in trouble earlier though," she paused blushing slightly, "thanks for being there to help me calm down," she finished

Partying Streaker

User Image

Seb listened quietly, watching her expression as she spoke; even as tired as he was, he could see she was feeling lost again. He couldn't imagine what it would be like to have your own perception of yourself constantly changing. When she finished speaking, he moved his hand to find hers, and grasped it reassuringly, with a grip slightly stronger than might have been expected from a ghost-white man who'd just lost much of his strength-giving blood, hoping to convey some sort of comforting feelings through that channel of friendship.

She was like a lost and confused daughter. She needed help right now.

To her thanks he smiled and replied, Of course. What are friends for?" After a few seconds, he said, "If that is the true story, it's not all a bad one." Once more letting his eyes drift closed, he let go of her hand and gave it a fatherly pat, giving a small, tired, roguish grin, trying to lift her spirits and the mood of the somber little cabin. "Pirate girls are hot."

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
she had been surprised when he had taken her hand and squeezed it, she liked it. She went even brighter red at his last comment. Over the time she had been on the ship she had actually started to develop feelings for the captain, and a comment like that only seemed to make the butterflies in her stomach flutter. "t-thanks. Get some more sleep, you really need it." She stood then and walked over to the hammock that Drayven had set up for her and laid in it, quickly falling asleep.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff