Welcome to Gaia! ::

Partying Streaker

User Image

"Yeah!" Sebastian shot back angrily in response to Drayven's initial argument. "Yeah I do think so! Because anything can happen at any time! She could get startled, or distracted, or just let it slip through her little fingers, and then guess where we'll all be! And you know what? I'm the captain on this ship and what I say bloody well go-" He'd worked himself up into a fit, but he stopped in his tracks upon hearing Drayven's threat, only staring, speechless, with lips parted just a hair in disbelief.

Finaly, after a few seconds, he regained his composure and narrowed his eyes, frowning. "You wouldn't," was his reply, but he knew with foreboding and no small amount of annoyance that he would. Sebastian gritted his teeth, hating in the moment that he always, always had to give in to the old surgeon. "Fine," he practically spat. "But when my ship is on fire and we're all forced to choose between death by fire and death by drowning, don't you dare try to pin the blame on me."

He brushed past the surgeon in a temper, certainly not stomping but moving swiftly and long purple ponytail swaying at his back with his angry strides as he disappeared from the surgeon's cabin. That insolent surgeon.

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
"Spoiled child," he murmurs after Sebastian had left. He had his fathers arrogance without his fathers self control. A bad mix. He sighs as he then goes back to making backup remedies. "Captain? Is something wrong?" Tyelar asked since Damian had switched positions with him, Damian now up in the crows nest.

Partying Streaker

User Image

Sebastian strode out on deck in a huff, making his way to the bow to see what he could see. He was thinking that, since they had seen little action here in a few days, they should move north a bit to a higher traffic area. The kingdom's coast just north of them he knew was always besieged with ocean smugglers.

At least in battle Sebastian didn't have to give ground in matters concerning his ship and crew. Not in the sense he'd had to give ground to his surgeon in the cabin.

Sebastian still stewed, jaw working as he found himself lost in his own thoughts, and he was hardly halfway to the bow when he heard a young boy's small voice next to him. He stopped and looked down, shaken from the distant land of the recesses of his mind. "No," he replied, his voice a bit too sharp to be convincing. He sighed and rubbed his forehead with thumb and two fingers. "You did a good job today," he said with a sigh still in his tone, then mustered a smile and ruffed the kid's hair. "That girl would probably be dead if not for you. Now why don't you go find her an extra blanket and get the bedwarmer going? Help him with anything he needs, too, while you're at it."

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
"okay captain... You know, she wouldn't be alive if you didn't have them go her her sir, so she's alive thanks to you," he says before he leaves to go help Drayven.

Partying Streaker

User Image

As soon as the boy obediently left, Sebastian's smile fell again as he watched Tyelar go. Still brooding, he took a deep calming breath as he turned away. But Seb could never stay angry long. Already his thoughts were drifting from his spat with Drayven, even though the scenes of the girl's seizures would probably be forever imprinted in his mind. What was worse; seeing more of those seizures, or watching his ship burn down while he and his surviving crew floated in the cold and merciless sea? Now he was feeling a little selfish for his fear-driven mule-headedness.

He didn't like where his thoughts were going, and how his feelings followed. Regret was for weaklings, guilt for little boys; neither were for a pirate captain, neither were for a Jesper, and Sebastian didn't have the time for them.

Standing near the bow, Sebastian looked around for his First Mate; spotting him, he summoned him with a gesture of his hand, and the dark-skinned Luka was at his side. "The girl all right?"

Sebastian's lips pressed into a thin line and he only replied with a confirming, hmm. "Change course due North," he said, and, not pressing the issue, Luka nodded dutifully and bellowed the orders while Sebastian turned and strode back to his cabin. It was about time he write his periodical letter to Katsu and Rapunzel, the monthly update he sent off to them with their son obviously as the main subject. Even though Tyelar always sent his own, and even in the busiest of times, Sebastian was always diligent about apprising the parents of their absent little boy. He also gave the Queen-in-Hiding Katherine news of Damian, in more carefully coded terms of course. He remembered the story of how his father had been discovered and captured, and he was determined to never make the same careless mistake.

Grabbing the paper, pen, and inkpot, Sebastian impulsively decided to take them to the infirmary cabin, where the girl was sleeping. Perhaps he would try treating her properly next time she awoke. He opened the door and walked right in, seating himself comfortably at the infirmary's writing desk and getting to work. As the sky was darkening, Sebastian carefully, very carefully, lit the oil lamp firmly attached to the desk's surface.

Just over halfway through his portion on Tyelar, his well-being and progress, Sebastian stopped and stretched out his hand, rolling his wrist, and he half-turned in his chair to look at the drugged girl in the bed, the light of the lamp flickering over her soft and feminine features. His own eyes were growing heavy. He would just rest them for a bit before getting back to work. Folding his arms on the desk, Sebastian rested his head on them and closed his eyes, where he soon drifted into a sleep he hadn't intended on drifting into.

Ooc: I can't take Sail seriously at all. Every time I hear it the Nanalew video plays through my head.

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
Shasta woke late that night feeling relief when she felt the pipe in her hand. She looks up to see a figure at the desk. She stiffened yet relaxed when she realized they were asleep. She cautiously gets up to see who it was only to realize it was that pompus pig of a captain. The room was cold and she grabbed a top blanket from the bed and walked out into the deck which was practically empty. She walks to the railing and looks up at the stars. They were different than hers at home, she missed seeing mama bear and baby bear following close behind, she missed the 7 sisters... The hunter... But here none of those constellations were in the sky above her. She looked out at the waves and decided to take a few moments to smoke. She held the pipe end over the railing so if she dropped it, she would have to catch it, or lose it to the sea. She got very good at catching it mid-air. She didn't want the boat to burn or they would be in a worse place than she was in her row boat. All she wanted was to get home and expose her 'fiancé' for the monster he was. He was the one who sold her into the sex trade. And through her fighting she managed to keep her virginity. She wondered how her father was, how her younger brother was... She blew one final smoke ring before putting the pipe out and returning to the cabin she left. She saw the captain still sleeping there and sighed as she took the blanket she had wrapped around herself and draped it over his shoulders before climbing back into the bed and falling asleep.

Partying Streaker

User Image

It was early the next morning, the sun not even showing its edge on the horizon yet, when Sebastian woke, the first sensation the uncomfortable one of a subtle amount of drool escaping the corner of his lips. Half asleep and disgusted with himself, he sat up and wiped his mouth, then muttered, "Oh, God," at the stiff ache up and down the length of his spine; he arched his back and pushed his shoulders back to loosen the tight and sore muscles. Had he fallen asleep at the desk?

The blanket slid from his shoulders, and Sebastian caught the edge over one shoulder, looked at it in the dark, a little confused. He then looked over at the girl's bed, and noticed the top blanket missing. He blinked. Such kindness, after he'd caused her to seize like that? He shivered. Such kindness, when she could easily have slid a knife between his ribs instead.

As silently as he could, Sebastian pushed back his chair and stood up, staying the noisy swing of his chains with one hand and holding the blanket with the other. He lifted the blanket over her, and with a flick of his wrists the blanket spread in the air and floated down to settle over her body, guided by his hands. He stood looking down at her for a moment. I still want to know your story, he thought, but turned and went back to the desk to gather his letter and writing utensils before crossing to the door, keeping the sound of his boot heels on the wooden floor as quiet as possible. In the doorway he paused to look back, and then his footsteps faded on his way out to the deck. He was not angry anymore. Indeed, he was looking forward to her waking.

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
Shasta woke about an hour after sunrise and after a warm meal and check over by Drayven she was allowed out on deck. She found a spot up near the bow away from most of the working men,and was currently deep in thought as she puffed lightly on her pipe, once again the ember over the side. Tyelar saw her and runs to Sebastian. "captain she's awake!" he says

Partying Streaker

User Image

Sebastian was crouched carefully on a lower crossbar, one of the nearest to the deck, helping to mend a rip in the sail while trying to look down as little as possible. It was a minor tear, but a minor tear could quickly turn into a great problem in the slightest gust of wind. A torn sail nearly spelled death for any poor souls caught on that ship.

He had to look down, though, at the sound of a little voice calling to him. Hearing Tyelar's words and following the direction of his gestures, Sebastian spotted her up at the bow. He grinned and slid down to the deck, leaving the small group of sailors to their work at the sail, and ruffled Tyelar's hair. "Thanks, Tyelar," he said, and with that he was walking across the deck, making a beeline for the little brunette passenger.

He approached her and joined her at the rail, standing a respectful distance away. "Morning," he greeted her with a bright smile. The breeze blew through his hair, and he pulled the loose strands of purple hair from his face and held them behind his ear. "Breakfast'll be ready in the galley soon. I'll tell the crew about you then, and let them know they're not to touch you while you're under my protection, even though you've already been noticed and it's all something of a given. Perhaps I'll place you under Luka's care. He can be trusted with your life, and he'll guard you well. My name is Sebastian, by the way. Captain Sebastian Jesper."

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
Shasta paused seeing him leaning on the railing next to her. She was cautious of him yet by his tone and how he treated his crew he wasn't the pig he seemed to be. "Shasta... Is my common name... My birth name is hard for foreigners to pronounce." she says before looking at him. "Oh Drayven had the cook get me some food already but thank you," she says in regards to breakfast... "oh... Um which one is Luka?" she asked referring to the men on deck.

Partying Streaker

User Image

Shasta. It was an interesting name; Sebastian searched his mind for a language he knew of that seemed to fit the sound of the name. None seemed to. Drayven was right - she must be from a land Sebastian had never visited. It was enough to make his curious nature perk its big ears, and his eyes lit with it. A land unknown, a people unknown, a culture unknown - all the unknowns just begging to be explored.

He blinked as her question invaded his thoughts, then he, too, turned back towards the ship. His eyes roamed the deck, searching for his good old First Mate. Being the darkest-skinned man on the ship, he wasn't too hard to find. Sebastian pointed to the big man wearing white breeches and brown boots, shirt doffed and muscular torso bared, loudly berating young Jasper for some stupid-but-deadly mistake or other. The man's words couldn't be heard from this distance, but his wild gestures and furious expression were clear. Sebastian smiled almost smugly as he said, "That one, the dark one with the earrings." His gaze slid over to her, watching her to see how this lovely first impression of his Luka would go.

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
Shasta wasn't sure what to think of Lucas. "is there something wrong with Drayven? I mean I could help... I know quite a few remedies," she asked.

Partying Streaker

User Image

"Drayven is trusted, respected, and a very good man at heart," Sebastian replied, still watching the man waving his thickly muscled arms as he furiously berated Jasper and now an apparent partner in crime. "But Luka is more suited to the task. We have to admit, Drayven is old. Young men in the throes of... well, they're..." Sebastian quietly and self-consciously cleared his throat as he felt a blush creeping up his neck, and he started again, "I don't intend to wound Drayven's pride, but he may not be able to effectively fight off a determined young sailor. Placing you strictly under his protection would quite frankly be putting both you and he in danger. Luka on the other hand..." Now big Luka smacked young Jasper's accomplice upside the head - not with abusive force of course; Luka was always good about controlling his wrath and strength - and the two boys scurried back to their posts under the dark-eyed glare of the First Mate.

Turning, Luka caught sight of Shasta, and the Captain, watching from across the ship. Sebastian cocked a little smirk and nodded his approval at his handling of the situation. "Luka has the power to do what he has to do, and a good head on his shoulders. I fully trust his judgement." Sebastian's fingers moved to his neck and he thoughtfully toyed with a metal bead of the choker wrapped around his neck. "Though, if you would like to assist Drayven to keep yourself busy, Luka and Drayven and I can work out a system." He looked over at her uncertainly. "But Drayven's job isn't all remedies and potions and plants. It can get... messy."

Dapper Krampus

18,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
Shasta nodded when he explained why she should stay with Lucas. "I've seen blood before, watching a man getting his abdomen ripped open by a bison is a nasty wound to fix," she said knowing it wasn't all remedies.

Partying Streaker

User Image

Sebastian suddenly looked straight at her, brow furrowed and violet eyes questioning as his brain automatically searched for a connection to this strange new word."Bi...son...?" he repeated slowly, as if testing the new word on his tongue, tilting his head. His mind found no relevant stores of information concerning this Bison. A creature, clearly, big and strong enough to gore a man. "What is a Bison?" His expression suddenly filled with an almost boyish light, and he moved slightly closer, a habit of his when he got very excited about discussing new places, things, possibilities; and he asked in a quiet, eager voice, "Is it like a dragon?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff