Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay so like a year ago, I came home Florida after being there for about 4 months. & I noticed that my stuffed animal that I had since I was a baby was missing, I asked my mom where it was and she said she threw it away because the dog puked on it and it came apart in the washer. I know she was lying because ALL of my stuffed animals were gone. When my mom told me I cried hysterically for about 3 days. Now I try not to think about it because it makes me cry, but I still cry every night when I think that I used to sleep with my alligator every night and hug it when I was scared, and now my alligator is in a dump somewhere. It's been a year now and I still can't stop crying about it at night and I just want to get over it and stop being sad but I can't. It feels like a family member died and I know it sounds silly but I had it ever since I was a baby and I'm attached to it. There's not the exact same alligator anywhere else. I bought a similar one but it didn't help.
go to the dump and save them

Pre-Scum's Subordinate

Unholy Zealot

there, there
cry

Noob

Euphoriiaa
Okay so like a year ago, I came home Florida after being there for about 4 months. & I noticed that my stuffed animal that I had since I was a baby was missing, I asked my mom where it was and she said she threw it away because the dog puked on it and it came apart in the washer. I know she was lying because ALL of my stuffed animals were gone. When my mom told me I cried hysterically for about 3 days. Now I try not to think about it because it makes me cry, but I still cry every night when I think that I used to sleep with my alligator every night and hug it when I was scared, and now my alligator is in a dump somewhere. It's been a year now and I still can't stop crying about it at night and I just want to get over it and stop being sad but I can't. It feels like a family member died and I know it sounds silly but I had it ever since I was a baby and I'm attached to it. There's not the exact same alligator anywhere else. I bought a similar one but it didn't help.

I'd cry if my bear got thrown away i feel ya darlin im attached to that little niqqa. idk hun sometimes ya gotta grow up. but i feel ya babe

Anxious Girl

I've still got my baby blanket, so I totally feel ya, but what do you need advice on? emotion_8c

Perfect Genius

.....how old are you? wow.
i mean you will always have the memories of your stuffed animals...just. think about what they really were though? i mean they are just a symbol of security to you in the form of a stuffed toy

i really dont think this is a big deal.
i think you need to find something else to snuggle with at night to help you feel secure.
Victorious Jarvan IV
Euphoriiaa

I'd cry if my bear got thrown away i feel ya darlin im attached to that little niqqa. idk hun sometimes ya gotta grow up. but i feel ya babe

It's not fair for her to go in my room and throw my stuff away, I don't want to grow up.

Vanquished Shoujo

12,450 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Married 100
omfg I packaged up all my stuffed animals awhile ago and put em in the attic. I'ma give them to my adopted children.
That's not ******** fair to you. I have two stuffed animals that are more important to me than any of my other belongings.

Aged Codger

Real life is going to kick the s**t outta you. neutral
sailours
I've still got my baby blanket, so I totally feel ya, but what do you need advice on? emotion_8c

Getting over the sadness

Golden Astronomer

11,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Honestly, I could make jokes about just getting a real alligator, or getting over it, but I really don't think that's the issue. Deep down, I think you're hurt that your own mother lied to you about pitching something she knew you loved, then lied to cover it up. I don't think it has anything to do with the stuffed animals themselves, if she had done similarly in a different situation, you'd also feel bad. I know how it feels to have your mom lie to you with no good reason, when it would be easier just to say the truth, but that also doesn't help...
Just realize she's just as human as you are, and there's some reason why she didn't want you to have them. For the rest, I really don't know how to help, let me know when you find out though...

Anxious Girl

Euphoriiaa
sailours

Getting over the sadness

Idek, man. Sorry bc that rlly sucks. cry
Senor Sassypants
.....how old are you? wow.
i mean you will always have the memories of your stuffed animals...just. think about what they really were though? i mean they are just a symbol of security to you in the form of a stuffed toy

i really dont think this is a big deal.
i think you need to find something else to snuggle with at night to help you feel secure.

im 18

Festive Celebrator

I think it's normal. We all get attached to things that have special meaning to us, one way or another.
I dunno if this might help, but I think you need to mourn for it until you can get some closure. You know? Like people do when a pet dies.

You can try to think of some way to honor what your alligator meant to you. Perhaps you can do it alone or with a friend. Ideas you can try: a "funeral," a balloon or bottle with a message of how you feel and why you have to let go, etc.

You are grieving, and your grieve will remain until you acknowledge and honor your cause for it. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff