Welcome to Gaia! ::

GoldenEnlightenment
Honestly, I could make jokes about just getting a real alligator, or getting over it, but I really don't think that's the issue. Deep down, I think you're hurt that your own mother lied to you about pitching something she knew you loved, then lied to cover it up. I don't think it has anything to do with the stuffed animals themselves, if she had done similarly in a different situation, you'd also feel bad. I know how it feels to have your mom lie to you with no good reason, when it would be easier just to say the truth, but that also doesn't help...
Just realize she's just as human as you are, and there's some reason why she didn't want you to have them. For the rest, I really don't know how to help, let me know when you find out though...

That makes sense and I keep telling her I know the truth and ask her why she wont tell me but she raises her voice or ignores me

Nimble Noob

why didn't you take the thing with you when you left for 4 months?User Image
N0 AGENDA
why didn't you take the thing with you when you left for 4 months?User Image

It's too big for a suitcase

Perfect Genius

Euphoriiaa
Senor Sassypants
.....how old are you? wow.
i mean you will always have the memories of your stuffed animals...just. think about what they really were though? i mean they are just a symbol of security to you in the form of a stuffed toy

i really dont think this is a big deal.
i think you need to find something else to snuggle with at night to help you feel secure.

im 18
you shouldnt be this torn up about stuffed animals.

Golden Astronomer

11,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Euphoriiaa
GoldenEnlightenment
Honestly, I could make jokes about just getting a real alligator, or getting over it, but I really don't think that's the issue. Deep down, I think you're hurt that your own mother lied to you about pitching something she knew you loved, then lied to cover it up. I don't think it has anything to do with the stuffed animals themselves, if she had done similarly in a different situation, you'd also feel bad. I know how it feels to have your mom lie to you with no good reason, when it would be easier just to say the truth, but that also doesn't help...
Just realize she's just as human as you are, and there's some reason why she didn't want you to have them. For the rest, I really don't know how to help, let me know when you find out though...

That makes sense and I keep telling her I know the truth and ask her why she wont tell me but she raises her voice or ignores me

Yeah, I haven't grown the balls to speak up yet, so good job there.
Sometimes people are strong enough to hurt you, but not strong enough to heal you. Someday, she might tell you, but it sounds like she doesn't want to hurt you, or herself, even more, honestly.
Senor Sassypants
Euphoriiaa
Senor Sassypants
i mean you will always have the memories of your stuffed animals...just. think about what they really were though? i mean they are just a symbol of security to you in the form of a stuffed toy

i think you need to find something else to snuggle with at night to help you feel secure.

im 18

Obviously I am aware of that, that's why I'm seeking advice.

Perfect Genius

Euphoriiaa
Senor Sassypants
Euphoriiaa
Senor Sassypants

im 18

Obviously I am aware of that, that's why I'm seeking advice.
my advice is to find that sense of security and protection from somethin else you can snuggle with at night.
GoldenEnlightenment
Euphoriiaa
GoldenEnlightenment

Sometimes people are strong enough to hurt you, but not strong enough to heal you. Someday, she might tell you, but it sounds like she doesn't want to hurt you, or herself, even more, honestly.

I think the big reason why I'm upset is because I didn't see her throw it away myself, so to me I think it's out there somewhere and I can't get to it, and to me my animal has feelings (I know, it's weird). So it's like how a parent would feel if her child was missing.

Shy Friend

11,300 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
Aw. Write it a letter in a balloon. Idek

Golden Astronomer

11,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Euphoriiaa
GoldenEnlightenment
Euphoriiaa
GoldenEnlightenment

I think the big reason why I'm upset is because I didn't see her throw it away myself, so to me I think it's out there somewhere and I can't get to it, and to me my animal has feelings (I know, it's weird). So it's like how a parent would feel if her child was missing.

Yeah, see, that's getting a little too deep into it. Don't focus on materialistic things like this, or at all is my advice. Too easily taken away, broke, and replaced.

Hesitant Hero

14,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
i don't personally have anything like this, but i've heard about it happening. like this one girl on tumblr left a teddy bear somewhere on accident and her friend had to request that if anyone in the area found it they'd send it to them because she couldn't function without it. it happens and i can't imagine how that would feel.

Aged Phantom

You cried over stuff animal......someone is unstable

Machinery's Stud

Cat

26,975 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Cool Cat 500
Minty-Wolf-Girl-x3
-hugs-

*hugs back* thank you heart

Quick Reply