Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Browser

9,750 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
What kind of reptiles do you guys have/have had/recommend?

I've fallen in love with savannah monitors, but I'm not in a position to buy or build a custom cage for it when it grows to it's adult size sad

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
ive got a leopard gecko, a crested gecko, and a ball python currently

i will always recommend geckos because they are my favorite. but it also depends on what you want in a lizard. if you want something interactive like a monitor but dont have the space for one then i would look into getting a bearded dragon. there is a reason they are called the dogs of the reptile world. they are also very common and very easy to care for so its easier for you to find a good vet and good up to date information on how to care for them.

and you can take them outside on leashes. i had a beardy as my first lizard and i took her to the beach and and pretty much anywhere that allowed animals, she would just sit on my shoulder and enjoy the ride. they are also very easy to tame. mine only ever bit me once. my sister has never been bitten and she is on her second one

also with reptiles you need to be ready to have an animal that will live a long time. 20 is nothing for some species. bearded dragons live about as long as dogs but a lot of other reptiles can easily make it past 20 and even past 40 in some cases

also you should go to a reptile expo! in fact i demand that you do biggrin tons of fun and you get to learn so much about different species and morphs and talk to a bunch of breeders and other people who keep these animals and compare information

Dedicated Hoarder

pseudocyesis
I have 2 ball pythons, a corn snake, 5 leopard geckos, and a veiled chameleon.

Fashionable Pup

I've got two ball pythons, 2 corn snakes, and a crested gecko :]

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

One ball python and I'm trying to not side-eye a leopard gecko. So cute whee

And I keep her in a clear plastic tub, with outside locks, holes for air/humidity regulation, and better yet, even temps all across the board

>W>

wish I did this sooner, I could have saved money in some heating supplies. Least the ceramic bulb lamp is good for defrosting the frozen rats in a warm waterbowl at a slightly faster rate

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff