Are you a Happy Customer?

Yes! Ecstatic! 0.022160664819945 2.2% [ 8 ]
Not at all. 0.85872576177285 85.9% [ 310 ]
Sort of. 0.1191135734072 11.9% [ 43 ]
Total Votes:[ 361 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Newbie Noob

Exploding Tofu
i have never felt like a valued customer on any social networking/gaming/forum site and i don't spend real money on gaia so i'll pass on that question.

i am not happy with gaia because gaia just keeps messing up.

if the higher ups wanted to introduce flynn's booty, they could have done so in a way that did not completely alter the marketplace in a matter of weeks. they could have spaced it out more, integrated more cash features slowly, so that the change would have been a slow gradual gradient, not this sudden jarring shift.

gaia isn't doing much to smooth this transition either. every half assed attempt to placate the community only has the opposite effect. gaia needs to hire a public relations consultant or something because its mistakes are so dumb that i am embarrassed for the company.

it's not like the features they are introducing (flash sales, pop up ads, etc.) are even that terrible for the most part. a lot of sites have similar features. however, the abrupt transition from what gaia used to be (above the standard in terms of friendliness and transparency) to what it is now (average or below average, plus really dumb mistakes every few days) makes these new features seem horrendous.

then there was the awful offensive survey. honestly that ticks me off most of all because there is no excuse for it happening. absolutely no excuse. it was completely unprofessional and i am still so shocked.

i would still recommend gaia to friends if i had friends who were interested in this sort of thing. gaia has a strong art community and adorable items. artists here can still get by because art prices have inflated along with item prices, although it is more difficult now with all this instability and cash pushes.

this.
also, quite off topic, but what was that survey about? i never got to see it. emotion_0A0

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
shamantra
I see there are few who feel 'valued' rolleyes

If you mean I feel Gaia only values me for my money/GC, then yes. mrgreen

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Get Jinxed
Exploding Tofu
i have never felt like a valued customer on any social networking/gaming/forum site and i don't spend real money on gaia so i'll pass on that question.

if the higher ups wanted to introduce flynn's booty, they could have done so in a way that did not completely alter the marketplace in a matter of weeks. they could have spaced it out more, integrated more cash features slowly, so that the change would have been a slow gradual gradient, not this sudden jarring shift.

gaia isn't doing much to smooth this transition either. every half assed attempt to placate the community only has the opposite effect. gaia needs to hire a public relations consultant or something because its mistakes are so dumb that i am embarrassed for the company.

it's not like the features they are introducing (flash sales, pop up ads, etc.) are even that terrible for the most part. a lot of sites have similar features. however, the abrupt transition from what gaia used to be (above the standard in terms of friendliness and transparency) to what it is now (average or below average, plus really dumb mistakes every few days) makes these new features seem horrendous.

then there was the awful offensive survey. honestly that ticks me off most of all because there is no excuse for it happening. absolutely no excuse. it was completely unprofessional and i am still so shocked.

i would still recommend gaia to friends if i had friends who were interested in this sort of thing. gaia has a strong art community and adorable items. artists here can still get by because art prices have inflated along with item prices, although it is more difficult now with all this instability and cash pushes.

this.
also, quite off topic, but what was that survey about? i never got to see it. emotion_0A0
the survey was about body types. the titles were offensive "fat as in fatass" was one of them. Its like Gaia took it from 4chan

Newbie Noob

Yeata Zi
Get Jinxed
Exploding Tofu

this.
the survey was about body types. the titles were offensive "fat as in fatass" was one of them. Its like Gaia took it from 4chan

plot twist: new ceo is from 4chan comfirmed rofl

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Do you feel like a valued customer? Why or why not?: I wouldn't call myself a "customer" since I don't shell out cash. However, what I don't feel like is a valued user.

Are you happy with Gaia?: Not at the moment, no. The lack of communication between staff and user has been so broken. Everything is so inflated that I couldn't enjoy dressing my avatar as much as I would want to.

Would you tell a friend not to bother joining?: Sadly, yes.

Enabler

9,250 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
Do you feel like a valued customer? Why or why not?
Nope.
Are you happy with Gaia?
Nope.
Would you tell a friend not to bother joining?
Yep.

But at this point, after all the cop-outs and responses or lack there of we've received, I'm kind of convinced Gaia has no intention in keeping this site open, hence their blatant disregard for consumer approval. They are not trying to get new members and they're not trying to keep the old ones. The current people in management know exactly what they're doing- they're not unintelligent people.

This is a pretty pessimistic view, sorry. sweatdrop

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Jittany
Nope.
Are you happy with Gaia?
Nope.
Yep.

But at this point, after all the cop-outs and responses or lack there of we've received, I'm kind of convinced Gaia has no intention in keeping this site open, hence their blatant disregard for consumer approval. They are not trying to get new members and they're not trying to keep the old ones. The current people in management know exactly what they're doing- they're not unintelligent people.

This is a pretty pessimistic view, sorry. sweatdrop

I dunno about it. I think who ever is in charge now doesn't understand what Gaia used to stand for. :/

I don't know why you would purposefully chase away your loyal members.

Ruthless Raider

6,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Yeata Zi
I dunno about it. I think who ever is in charge now doesn't understand what Gaia used to stand for. :/
Consider the fact that Lanzer made himself known and interacted directly with the userbase of Gaia. Now consider the fact that Gaia is now run (six feet into the ground) by He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-Or-You-Will-Be-Banned-Regardless-Of-How-Much-Money-You've-Spent-On-This-Joke-Of-A-Site.

I think that simple difference in business practices is pretty damn stark all by itself. Here we have a man who is so insecure, so paranoid about his reputation, that he's made it a bannable offense to mention his name on the site he's running. It's like Dumbledore gave up Hogwarts and Voldemort took over as the new headmaster.

The only reason I can think of that this guy would do such a thing is because he knows full well that he is destroying a website that has survived for a decade before he ever tainted it with his presence, while simultaneously alienating literally hundreds of thousands of people who were the site's loyal customers for so long. If it ever became public what he was doing, he would very likely never manage another company again.

I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up banned this time next week just for pointing out that fact. That's the kind of dictatorial practice I've come to expect from Gaia's staff. Shows you how far they've fallen.
I wouldn't recommend Gaia to my worst enemy, much less a friend. stare

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Do you feel like a valued customer? Why or why not? I used to. Back when there were NEW items in the cash shop, not just recolors or rereleases. And the cash shop got updated 1-2 times a month with a casual 'hey, if you're interested, there's this new thing for 5$'
Now its 'HAY GUISE BUY THIS STUFF. LOOK. HERES A POPUP TELLING YOU TO BUY THIS STUFF AGAIN. ITS 50$, AND ITS NOT NEW. WHO NEEDS THAT NEW VIDEO GAME WHEN YOU CAN HAVE THIS NOT NEW THING. BUY NOW. AND TOMORROW WE'LL PUT ANOTHER NOT NEW THING FOR SALE FOR $150 DOLLARS. BUY THAT TOO KK."

Are you happy with Gaia?What has Gaia actually done to provide me with a positive experience? They've failed to listen to their userbase, they ignore broken features for YEARS, and now, not only have they drastically reduced the amount of new items purchasable in the gold shops, they also seem incapable of making new things that they expect people to pay actual MONEY for.
The Halloween event battle system was hardly new. And not only did the combat spam make it impossible to have any sort of conversation in that forum, most of the event it seemed like it wasn't possible to complete without spending money, so I really felt no inclination to participate whatsoever.

Would you tell a friend not to bother joining? absolutely. Why on earth would I recommend this site to a friend? I'm disgusted with the way it's being run. And its becoming a pretty common sentiment that they're just trying to cash out to dump money into the new website anyway.

Enabler

9,250 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
Tharkad Greymane
Yeata Zi
Consider the fact that Lanzer made himself known and interacted directly with the userbase of Gaia. Now consider the fact that Gaia is now run (six feet into the ground) by He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-Or-You-Will-Be-Banned-Regardless-Of-How-Much-Money-You've-Spent-On-This-Joke-Of-A-Site.

I think that simple difference in business practices is pretty damn stark all by itself. Here we have a man who is so insecure, so paranoid about his reputation, that he's made it a bannable offense to mention his name on the site he's running. It's like Dumbledore gave up Hogwarts and Voldemort took over as the new headmaster.

The only reason I can think of that this guy would do such a thing is because he knows full well that he is destroying a website that has survived for a decade before he ever tainted it with his presence, while simultaneously alienating literally hundreds of thousands of people who were the site's loyal customers for so long. If it ever became public what he was doing, he would very likely never manage another company again.

I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up banned this time next week just for pointing out that fact. That's the kind of dictatorial practice I've come to expect from Gaia's staff. Shows you how far they've fallen.

What an analogy. I have to admit despite the seriousness of it, it gave me a bit of a chuckle.

I don't know what is going on at HQ but there is definitely something happening behind closed doors, whether it be Gaia's sister site or something else. I'm guessing his target demographic for whatever project they're working on, Gaian's aren't part of it. That or he thinks Gaia is a 'kids' site so the users here aren't considered advantageous to the companies future. This of course is just speculation.

He can't be entirely ignorant of what is going on. That's why I came to the conclusion that they have no intention of keeping this site up. It's pretty clear they're also governing less resources in the direction of Gaia Online. It could be from layoffs, but it could also be intentional.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Tharkad Greymane
Yeata Zi

Quite so.

The new banning thing is messed up fo sho. :/

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
REGIONAL MEXICAN
I wouldn't recommend Gaia to my worst enemy, much less a friend. stare
Really?

What do you tell your friends if they ask about it?

I'm just curious. :3

Romantic Gaian

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
I never have nor will I ever spend my own money on this site. I used to do cash offers, mainly to buy zOMG powerups. Sometimes there'd be an EI that I really adored (like Antipathy) but mostly powerups.

Are you happy with Gaia?
No, not really. It was a friendly enough website before they stopped caring about non-cash using members. Even with the way they neglected zOMG I stuck around for that reason. For months now they've been ignoring user feedback and borderline spamming their members with gcash things. I used to check this site daily. I went through a lot of effort earning and saving gold and gcash to spend on zOMG and making pretty avatars.. to use when I played zOMG.
I barely come on here anymore. I also used to come here to rp and I've made quite a few friends in the past thanks to this site. I've moved all of my rps to email. I haven't done any cash offers or questing, in protest. At this point it doesn't seem like they're likely to change their ways. The Halloween event was great. Otherwise I haven't logged on in ages. I'd continue to be sad about not playing (or being able to play) zOMG but it wouldn't make a difference to me otherwise if the site goes down.

Yes. I've done so in the past. The site's been downhill for a while. Most of the friends that have time or any interest in joining a site like this would be interested in the games. They've pretty much stopped caring. I love playing zOMG and would gladly ask friends to join if the game hadn't been dumbed down and shelved. It's hard to find a decent rp on this site, especially anymore, so that's also a reason why I don't ask them to join/warn them not to join.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff