Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Baby

33,775 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Magical Gems 500
In the dystopian future, under the rule of the once-beloved administration, Gaia's residents are plagued by an astrological threat on a daily basis. The leaders of the world all agreed it would be in their own best interest to embrace these visitors, even if it meant the collapse of more than half of the world's population.

These visitors from beyond the safe barriers of the planet brought with them what all of Gaia craves. A great temptation to say the least. Gold. Riches beyond what any normal peasant could ever hope to work up for. Easy access to it, too. It seemed to just come out of thin air. The vast supplies of gold were handed out only to those who could give up that which the administration could benefit from. A commodity only a number of people could give up so easily.

And so with an easy way for residents to acquire the gold they so loved, purchases were made again and again until billions upon billions of gold flooded their economic system, ironically making it worthless. Those who couldn't afford to purchase gold were left with very little, waiting and waiting for the days their masters would pity them enough to release items they could afford through their own hard work. They were the lesser class now. Until the day they too gave into the new ways of life.

This new society became weak and oppressed. The voices of those begging the administration to stop their assault on the precious economy, their only means of continuing to live, smothered like a candle with only an apathetic shrug or an empty promise. Society needed a hero. A second chance.

A brave man with the power to change the very world stood and fought to undo the damage that had been done. This man worked day and night and created a means to restore life to the way it was! He made a gold sink. A way for everyone to voluntarily give up what was precious to them for the good of mankind. Look at how much they've given up, unsure of what the result would bring, if any. Billions of gold that was introduced to the world now destroyed forever! The world cheered. They were given their second chance. Their cries had not fallen on deaf ears! Hope was beginning to surface as more and more of the worthless riches were terminated.

But it had all been for nothing.

It wasn't long until the masters fought back. More gold was introduced into the economy at just as fast a rate. The economy was weakening once again and the people cried out "Who is to blame?" They turned to their once-savior and lashed out. They blamed him for everything. Their hero. "You were supposed to save us!" And then the hero realized a very painful truth; they did not want to be saved. They would not stop buying gold, they didn't care as long as they were safe. They would rather give in to the temptation and let the world rot around them than to fight for themselves.

With all hope gone, the hero left them to their fate. The crowd shouted behind him, "You've betrayed us!"
Their savoior did not even gaze at them. "No." he said simply "You've betrayed yourselves."

Dangerous Shapeshifter

13,450 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
God, I love that. That's really well written. Now I feel rotten for caving into the temptation.

Anxious Baby

33,775 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Magical Gems 500
Hailene
God, I love that. That's really well written. Now I feel rotten for caving into the temptation.

It's human nature, don't feel bad, friend. We just all need to work together and fight for a better future! whee and thanks I had fun writing it

Dangerous Shapeshifter

13,450 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Chibi Blaze
Hailene

It's human nature, don't feel bad, friend. We just all need to work together and fight for a better future! whee and thanks I had fun writing it

I feel bad, but mostly for making life for the ordinary gaian worse. Let's fight together! <3 Yes, it really gave me a different perspective of things. I just love making what's happening on Gaia today into a story like that. It's really clever.

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Man is the real monster.

Ah, such simplicity.
Indeed, one can argue that we've brought this upon ourselves. It's not like we HAD to buy them, right? We had a choice to pay or not.

I will admit that I bought Flynn's Booty the first time it was released with whatever GC I had from offers. It was too good to be true! Who could resist such a temptation? No such offer would ever come again!
Well... I felt uneasy after Gaia continuously pushed for the sales. And enough said, my suspicions were not unfounded.

I put up adblock the moment they released Flynn's Booty the 2nd time. I've stopped buying anything Cash Shop, not even with the GC I've gotten through offers alone. In fact, I've stopped doing offers.

It was the only other way I could passively protest. And in doing so, by not purchasing anymore Flynn's Booty, I could reduce an amount of prospective gold.

Anyways, it was very beautifully written. The harsh truth.

barium711's Wife

Festive Leader

21,800 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Wow, talk about persuasion! Very nicely written, and not a bad portrait of the current state of Gaia.

19,900 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
this is a very well written piece of work. i actually got a bit irritated when so many users started blaming kenny for the 'timely' release of flynn's bewbs, i think people ought to think before they say anything. if it weren't for the gold sink, our economy would be worse, although this whole situation probably won't change, at least someone is walking the extra mile to help us.

Friendly Friend

AterAliquis
Man is the real monster.

Ah, such simplicity.

It was Earth all along!

Bloodthirsty Phantom

14,350 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Novice Healer 150
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Very well written and thought provoking. Hopefully this will assist people to open their eyes.

Someone needs to accompany this with illustraited comic panels.

Right now.

barium711's Wife

Festive Leader

21,800 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I would volunteer but my art skills are limited to a third-grade level and MS Paint. gonk But I agree, illustration is needed!

Unbeatable Explorer

9,975 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Don't tell anyone this... ninja but I've been melting down my gold. Gold isn't actually made out of gold, it's gold plated copper, and it's worth a lot more like that.

Very well written, good job! heart

Anxious Baby

33,775 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Magical Gems 500
Please participate in the gold sink, no matter what happens!
this is enlighting.

Tricky Phantom

This is absolutely amazing and accurate. Thank you for spending the time and effort to write this, I very much enjoyed reading it. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff