Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Fatcat

15,575 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Female 21 USA

Im more annoyed when they tell me I need for experience :/ Can't get any if no ones giving me a job
Temporarily. But I'm a full time student and I've not been allowed to walk for 3 months after surgery. Start a new job next month.
Female / 24 / US NYS

I was for a long time. Now I work at min wage fast food and sub and tutor at a local school.
I have a college degree but it didn't really help me find a job but it did get me into grad school. I am now studying business.

I get more annoyed at myself for allowing myself to getting a stupid degree.

Has anyone here looked into home show consultants? ( Pampered Chef, Avon ect ? )

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

I work two part time jobs, and I ******** hate it.
              I'm up at 6:00 A.M. Monday through Friday, and I work 8:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M., then I work the night shift from 5:00 P.M. to about 11:00 P.M. the rest of the time.
              God, my body is just exhausted from it all.
              AND I'M STILL BROKE.
              Weddings are expensive. My car broke down so finding a new one is expensive.
              Bills are expensive.
              lLIFE is expensive.

And for shits and gigs: 21/F/ABQ, NM, USA User Image

User ImageUser Image
!d!ot Amer!ca

I work two part time jobs, and I ******** hate it.
              I'm up at 6:00 A.M. Monday through Friday, and I work 8:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M., then I work the night shift from 5:00 P.M. to about 11:00 P.M. the rest of the time.
              God, my body is just exhausted from it all.
              AND I'M STILL BROKE.
              Weddings are expensive. My car broke down so finding a new one is expensive.
              Bills are expensive.
              lLIFE is expensive.

And for shits and gigs: 21/F/ABQ, NM, USA User Image

User ImageUser Image

How much are you looking to spend on a car? I bought my car 8 years ago for $1500 a 1993 jeep and has only broke down once.
Bills are expensive. cell phone car insurance and student loan bills. about $800 a month for those. neutral

Beloved Gaian

tubesy
age, sex, location! do you hold grudge when being rejected?

20, Female, CDN. Studying the HRM program. but its HARD to get a job! its unbelievable! As much as you try and go for interviews. it seems so close!! but turns to be a non interested employer sweatdrop
Being a full time student and not having a job doesn't really count as unemployed imo... if you're still a student it's okay.
After a long time of no success I got a new job in September and I'm thankful for it. It's only part time but that's not a problem as my husband earns more than enough for us. I don't need the job as much for money but rather for the experience and having my health insurance paid.

Bloodsucker

I work a deadbeat job that is only allowed to give us 25 cents raise a year, and if we have the wrong manager, we won't even get all of that. My first manager gave me 8 cent raise the whole year. sad

I'm in school for Medical Coding two year program. Supposedly they are high in demand and I'm going for it.

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
yes, and UGH i need to stop being lazy and start looking.
i get the feeling the job market around here sucks, but i don't have much choice.

was thinking about looking at EMT training down the road..

Wheezing Kitten

26,865 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
24, Female, Maryland USA

Graduated as a medical assistant last year and became a certified medical assistant. I've been to TONS of interviews and I have yet to be hired.

Trash

Kirenisia
Yes I'm unemployed
Female
???, USA
Yes sometimes depending on how the interview went so if the person rejects me for the job but they seem like a nice person I wont hold it against them but if they seem stuck up , rude or not even interested in giving me a chance then yes I'll more than likely be upset for a little while.

Odd. You'd think it would be the other way around since it would come as more of a shock to get rejected by a nice looking person.

Fallen Wolf

21, transgender (FtM), Norway
Unemployed, I get money from government for not being able to work^^;

Salty Raider

16,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trader 100
23, Female, USA

I'm a stay at home mother, but I've got my first novel written.. That was the easy part. :/ Trying to get an agent is the hard part. I was considering just mailing my manuscript to a few publishers I was eyeing, as they accept manuscripts. I've been looking for a small part-time job for fun, but I've never had a job, so.. No one wants to hire me. XD
Female, 21, Canada. I've just been lazy. redface Moved across the country to be with my bf about 2 months ago, and we're taking care of his father and step mother's house and farm while they're gone for the winter rent free and groceries bought for us.. So I've just been letting myself adjust to being away from all my family, in a new province. etc. Handing out resumes this week cause I'm getting bored. Boyfriend makes enough for the both of us, but spending money would be nice, and putting it all away now while we're living for free would be smart so we have less of a struggle later.
Female, 31, USA

I had a full-time job last year that was pretty awful. I was there for about 2 years before I had enough and gave notice, bad economy or no.

I interviewed and was hired for a part-time job this year where I, essentially, make the same amount of money I was at my full-time job. I also work a second part-time job for extra spending money/savings.

I'm pretty happy, but am still looking for better paying, full-time opportunities. The job market for my profession is pretty sparse right now, however, so I suspect I may be at this job for another year or two before something better comes my way.

My sympathies to those who are still looking. It's definitely hard to find a job right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff