Hilarious Rogue

7,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Candie-Letter
Koneko Tsukino
Father Delacroix
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to GCash Online. * Now Sponsored by the Bank of Zimbabwe
This is beautiful

"bank of Zimbabwe" Well played

Nerdy Oatmeal's Partner

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Let me just get this out of the way. These are my opinions. I don't care whether you agree with me or not, but I would like to voice them here. I have been a proud member of Gaia for about two years now. I found the site through some of my friends and instantly fell in love with it. I remember spending about twenty-five dollars in the Cash Shop a month to keep Gaia up and running. When August of 2013 came along, it was one of the times where I was pretty much on and off. I remember buying Flynn's Booty when it was first released. I remember the promise Gaia made that their practices would never interfere with the Marketplace. I now feel disgusted that I bought Flynn's Booty. I was disgusted that there was a rift between the users who could afford to spend one hundred dollars on the site a month, and those who couldn't really afford to spend anything.

Lots of people got left behind. Questers had their dreams crushed brutally. I gave up on my dream for the 2003 Devil Tail when the price inflated to three hundred billion. I don't see the point on spending real life currency for pixels. I will admit, I became a member of Club Verge accidentally. I didn't even know how to become a part until a year ago maybe. I feel that Gaia would do so much better off if they actually give a s**t what their users are saying about them. I adored the community on here! People were so friendly, and it made me want to visit Gaia everyday. I was addicted to Gaia. It was my online home. I played zOMG, I did some alchemy, I quested, I spent my days in the guilds and forums.

2014 hit, and Cash Shop advertisements and announcements were running rampant. Thousands of users complained about the spam. I feel terrible for the users who can't download some sort of adblock to rid Gaia of their pop-up advertisements. Everyday, there are new items released in the Cash Shop for ridiculous prices. Who would want to spend fifty dollars or even twenty-five dollars on pixels? It won't get you anywhere in life. Gaia's tactics are basically, you buy a gold generator, open it and get gold, fall behind in the economy, buy more gold generators, get more gold, and the cycle repeats itself over and over. Gaia has been releasing retro items from the olden days for real life money. What the ******** Gaia? Those items had sentimental value, and you basically s**t on them. The Angelic Halo could be won easily in items like Project Couture.

Then, Gaia said they'd be hosting kickstarts and gold sinks to help pump out some of the gold. Thus, they released poorly developed events that looked like they could be put together in a few hours. That is not quality Gaia. Not at all. I remember when the items in the Cash Shop weren't some thrown together recolor or some crappy item that had very little thought put into it. I was pissed with Gaia. zOMG, Alchemy, Gold Shops and so many other features were abandoned because the staff focused more on money, money and more money. Gaia could have made a lot of money off of those features. I remember the one game where you owned your own island, and you built places and features to attract tourists. I would have spent real life money on that Gaia. Also, your mobile app sucks!

The only way to really earn money in the common economy now is to draw, have a special trade or hobby, vend, or buy Gaia Cash. I'm an artist, but inflation has made it so hard for pricing reasons that I mainly do freebies or something really cheap. I feel so bad for people questing art. Many people charge billions and billions of gold for it. It's all because of inflation. I hope Gaia realizes that hundreds of loyal Gaians have thrown in the towel. They've left for other sites. You could be raking in the cash if you hadn't let greed control you. If you priced your items cheaper, in the long term, you would have been making more of a profit than you are currently. There will be a day when you've crashed. You can't even call yourself a business anymore. A business cares about what their customers want. A business listens to the customer. Gaia doesn't do either.

I will admit, you're getting a little better with helping inflation. Gold generators have been decreasing. The new five percent tax on the Marketplace is also helping keep things in balance. However, you still have a lot of work to do. Oh, and stop breaking hearts while you're at it. The quality of some of the items have gone up, you've stopped shoving sale advertisements down our throats. If you could update some of the features that lots of Gaians enjoy, you'll be even more successful. Also, I just want to say that you've broken the trust of thousands of Gaians. It's going to take a long, long time to gain it all back. If you don't see any profits at first, that's because you've lied to us countless times in the past. We're going to wait a couple months to see if you're telling the truth or manipulating us for our wallets. Until I see more change, my wallet will remain closed, except for the occasional item that I really adore. I might be able to purchase a few items a month, but that's it. Don't get your hopes up, Gaia.

Perfect Knight

You can change the upload url for the discount GC .png once again to make it show but it still makes no difference, I will not be buying and I would really hate to have to completely block the header displays just to avoid being spammed with your money grubbing advertisements every time I log in. Honestly you don't think you are the only ones on the internet who know "how" to code right?

http://gaiaonline.com/mfs/index/adminupload/d8caaef364bd.png

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to GCash Online. * Now Sponsored by the Bank of Zimbabwe

Distinct Seeker

Wow, this is amazing. I'm a noob, just joined a few days ago, but I had no idea this was happening.

I think I'll sign, however. The Gaia Cash tree (or whatever the heck it is, the googly eyed creature) is a ripoff. You watch a video and get paid what, 5 GC? What angers me about it however, is the PM you get with the GC. "Feel free to spend it all in one place." HAHA. Yeah, right. The first time I got GC I was like, 'Oh, let's see what I can get!' Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zip.

General

I think unless they flat-out burn the site down to the point where it closes forever, the new management team with the new management strategy will fail if nobody buys from the site.

I agree the gold generators and non-stop marketing are a problem. I think it was a step in the right direction to simply make a SALE red think below the GC symbol. I also think if the gold gens are not stopped, the economy will be in a bind. But it's clear to me now they'll do whatever the heck they want to do, whether I boycott GC or not.

So, I decided to start buying again. I just hope the site doesn't get shut down.
My friends and I requested to sign in the other thread.

I've been a member of Gaia since 2005, though my first account was even older than that. I left about six or so years ago, and came back because I missed Gaia and zOMG. I was floored by the hyperinflation. When I left, I had accrued close to 200,000 gold and in that time even that was a lot already. I come back, and you get 500,000 just for sending an invite to a friend. This is ridiculous.

I will definitely never financially support, with my own money, a site that is already crashing.

Anxious Lunatic

4,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
You should stop this before a mod or admin sees this. you'll get everyone in trouble.

Wheezing Hoarder

14,175 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
CouchCookies
You should stop this before a mod or admin sees this. you'll get everyone in trouble.

This thread is over a year old, I doubt they'd have a problem with it now. It's only one in a thousand other "stop buying gcash" threads.

Chatty Humorist

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Am I surprised to see another gold generator in the cash shop? ******** no, I knew the higher ups wouldn't give them up so easily. And now, I make a new vow. I will not spend any money whatsoever on Gaia. Not even if the cash shop is temporarily gold generator free. If and when Gaia promises to stop processing gold generators then maybe I will spend some money. No more sympathy for these bastards until then. mad
You know, every reply I've ever gotten to a trouble ticket on Gaia has been the equivalent of them giving an extremely lazy shrugging their shoulders. I can't imagine what "service" the think they provide that could ever justify the BS they put us through and the prices they charge

If you want change on Gaiab you have to hit them in the only place they hurt - the wallet they have for a heart and the cash register they use for a brain. I will never EVER give Gaia a single cent.

Unsealed Vampire

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200

Friendly Conversationalist

7,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm with this.
I spend $10 years ago then got my account banned about 4 months later.

...not saying why but yeah, I'm not spending real money smile

Loaded Businesswoman

7,950 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Its funny. Gaia made a post how they would bring back the gold generators only when they contain gold and items as prizes. but oh no!!! lies!! Whats back in the shop? The Super Gold Grab Bag!! And let me point out its on sale!! You can win up to 155 billion gaia gold.... What happened to with items only? I noticed the prices dropped a little bit but not much at all. Its so sad. I really am getting tired of gaia.
HellRazer95
User Image

Woah, that looks like chump change now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out