Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Power of Friendship 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
I would like to be able to set Marketplace Notifications at or below a certain amount. For instance: I want to buy Pink Link IF it ever drops below 8k. If anyone ever offers it at that amount, I would get a notification. But otherwise none. Now of course, if anyone offered at that amount and I missed my chance because someone was lurking in the MP and grabbed it before I saw my notification, fine.

At the very least, I would prefer notifications only of the current Lowest Market Price, not the Average Market Price, which is often misleading.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
I like this idea a lot actually.

Currently the notification system that's in place really only helps me if I'm trying to get ahold of an item that doesn't usually have a listing.

Apocalyptic Lover

I did always find it rather misleading that it was like "available now at ____!!" And you'd show up and be like, ...no. This... is absolutely not what it said. Especially for items that haven't moved in weeks, and it has the average as the notification with the OBSCENELY overinflated, lone buy it now.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

woah man, woah
i was totally thinking this exact thing like an hour ago
but i wasnt gonna make an SF thread because i thought it might be a crazy idea

MAYBE NOT

+ heart

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
It's interesting to me that all the posts are positive, but the votes are evenly split - some like the idea, but some don't. I'd be very interested in hearing both sides of this!

josabean's Husbando

Greedy Husband

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
      I'd love the idea, it's implementation, however, could have positives and negatives. For example, if more than one person has the item listed as a notification when reaching a certain price, then it's essentially a false notification for everyone except the person who is lucky enough to purchase the item.

Secondly, and this is the more important issue, is accidentally listing an item with a digit or two missing. A lot of vendors could benefit from mispriced items almost immediately, depending on how fast the notifications go out.

Sure it's the fault of the user for mispricing the item in the first place, but I wouldn't want to make it easier to purchase mispriced items. Other than that though, it's a sound idea and a feature I'd likely use from time to time.

Destructive Bunny

I don't like it, makes it even easier for people who are online all day and hoarders to buy up all the cheap items.

Due to small amount of hours I'm able to be online, and using the gaia app most of the time, this would totally suck for me.

Now I'm still able to pick up some bargains on items people don't keep an eye on, but if this came into play, it's all over rofl

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Toxe-sama
      I'd love the idea, it's implementation, however, could have positives and negatives. For example, if more than one person has the item listed as a notification when reaching a certain price, then it's essentially a false notification for everyone except the person who is lucky enough to purchase the item.

Secondly, and this is the more important issue, is accidentally listing an item with a digit or two missing. A lot of vendors could benefit from mispriced items almost immediately, depending on how fast the notifications go out.

Sure it's the fault of the user for mispricing the item in the first place, but I wouldn't want to make it easier to purchase mispriced items. Other than that though, it's a sound idea and a feature I'd likely use from time to time.

I had an idea for this, too: a half-minute lag from the time you put an item up for sale to the time it shows up on the marketplace, just to give yourself that last once-over and be sure it really looks exactly the way you meant it to before anyone can snatch it up mispriced. The only person who would notice the lag would be the seller, and of course there will always be those people who don't look to be sure it's right even then. But to be honest, the new box is much better at showing the "real" price with all the commas before final confirmation already.

Jolly Giver

14,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Starshine
I don't like it, makes it even easier for people who are online all day and hoarders to buy up all the cheap items.

Due to small amount of hours I'm able to be online, and using the gaia app most of the time, this would totally suck for me.

Now I'm still able to pick up some bargains on items people don't keep an eye on, but if this came into play, it's all over rofl

Dedicated vendors will probably always beat me to the most common "good deals" - but that's because they work at it where I'm not willing to work that hard. The deals you and I stumble across will still be there, I think, because we're on at odder times, or neglecting our zOMG time, or whatever leads to our success now. I'm just tired of senseless notifications.

Destructive Bunny

THE Santa Claus
Dedicated vendors will probably always beat me to the most common "good deals" - but that's because they work at it where I'm not willing to work that hard. The deals you and I stumble across will still be there, I think, because we're on at odder times, or neglecting our zOMG time, or whatever leads to our success now. I'm just tired of senseless notifications.

It's more a matter of me wishing the notifications are accurate. Like I get one whenever I log on as long as I have 1 item wishlisted. Even if that item has 0 listings I will get the notifications regardless. It;s not live or in real time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff