Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Shapeshifter

12,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

User Image

Kayleb followed Novik and the werewolf towards the dance floor, though he had no inclination to dance himself; and thankfully Novik didn’t seem to either, so he was not left alone once more in a sea of strangers. He opted to simply stand by Novik and watch as the werewolf moved through the crowd to join in with the dance that almost seemed choreographed with how well everyone was in sync. Little did he realize it was actually just a really famous song that tonnes of people just happened to have learned the dance moves to.

The song, that he figured must be called Thriller, soon ended and one of a completely different tone took its place. As soon as the first few beats of the new song rang through the building, Kayleb’s mind was pulled from the here and now, into the past.

“What a darling specimen. You must let me have it.” Spoke a buzzed woman who wore a dress much too short and a bit too small for her size. An incredibly well dressed man with a perfectly kept beard laughed lightly as he patted her hand that was wrapped about his forearm. “My dear, an abomination like this is not worth the effort. It may be pretty now, but unlike with you, that won’t last very long.” The woman frowned lightly, as if she wished to argue that she could take care of a pet such as him, but the man shook his head. “Look closer at the hideous beast. Under that makeup you can see the scars it so rightly deserves. Unless you wish to paint it every day, I would suggest a chimpanzee if you’re looking for a pet. They at least can be housetrained.” The pair chuckled lightly as they turned and walked away, leaving the beautifully dressed and made up Kayleb alone in his oversized, gold painted, birdcage once more.

About the room, people danced and laughed and drank. Occasionally a party goer would approach his display and watch as he went through the slow dance motions he had had to learn for this nights party. His slow movements were interrupted momentarily though, as a young man blatantly yanked a feather from his wing. Kayleb’s wing jerked, the pain startling him from his dance. But he did nothing more, he didn’t even look back to see who it was that had done it. Even if he had any real desire too, the damage was done and he just hoped his current master hadn’t noticed the disruption.. Nope, the man definitely saw. Kayleb forced himself not to cringe as the man stared so hard at Kayleb he felt he might burst to flames then and there.

Suddenly, the warm, friendly voice of Celeste cut through his thoughts, bringing him back to the present. His vacant look was replaced with an overwhelmingly happy smile as Celeste spoke; first to Novik and Igasho then to him. Kayleb shook his head at the apology, “It’s okay, don’t worry.” I’m no-one important, so why apologize? She smiled to him after he told her not to worry, and proceeded to ask him to dance with her. “Sure. I’ll.. dance with you.” He tried to keep his smile genuine, but he had never actually danced with anyone before. The only ‘dancing’ he knew how to do was what his once upon the time owner had forced him to learn for his parties. Kayleb tried to shake that memory away, but it remained as he made his way with Celeste onto the dance floor; and he couldn’t help but rub his back with his free hand, the memory of that long ago nights lashes was as clear in his mind as the party had been.

I’m safe here.. no one will hurt me for not knowing. Esspecially not Celeste. He tried ot calm himself mentally as Celeste showed him where to place his hands on her for the dance. He blushed lightly at having to hold her like this, but thankfully it was hidden by all the paint on his face. But you never know how someone will react… He almost pulled away then, but Celeste spoke gently, asking if he was having a good time. “Y-yes.. I’m having..f-fun.” He stammered out as he gripped her hand a bit more tightly out of nervousness. He managed to sound as absolutely unconvincing as possible, but he really was having fun.. well had been, until Celeste had vanished earlier. But it wasn’t all bad, Novik had found him and helped him out. “I’m just.. not used to.. uhm..” He didn’t exactly know how to word ‘being on the outside of a cage during a party’ without sounding as though he were trying to envoke her sympathy. So he just let what he had said linger, and would let her assume he was just nervous about the crowd and nothing else as they slowly started to move to the music that had started up when the lights dimmed down. Kayleb kinda just swayed and followed her around, and managed to only step on her feet a couple times.

Location: Geraldo’s party Thoughts: I’m here to have fun. I’m here to have fun. I’m here to have fun.

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
User Image
User Image

Death's aura had changed a bit and Sheera could feel it; the Darkness perked up at the difference, sensing the presence of another predator. His aura had gone from a charisma that drew eyes to something potentially dangerous that made people look away or take a step back. The Devil was used to men cowering before her or being bold, drunken idiots who wrongly believed she was a creature that could be tamed... This man held an aura she was unfamiliar with in the opposite sex - from those on the team, there was a quiet and reserved respect - and she was quite intrigued by him. It was as though that intimate tango had brought forth the hunger that had been lurking in the quiet shadows of this mans mind. If he thought for one moment that she was an easy prize to be won, he would have another thing coming. The Darkness hissed within the depths of her mind; it, too, was intrigued by the change in this man. It was unaccustomed to finding those who were so bold and predatory as itself. Death smirked at her compliment, the skeletal paint warping, his eyes dark as pitch. “I am as well,” he stated and her crimson lips quirked upwards in a smirk. There were few who would know that she was capable of dancing the tango, let alone a few of her other hidden talents, and it was unlikely that anyone would expect such a thing from a person like her when the only thing she usually gave anyone were broken bones and bruises that lasted weeks. This man obviously had not expected anyone to be able to tango with him and she certainly noticed that the Storm Trooper and Beetlejuice looked quite stunned, though the Mad Hatter looked unsurprised by the outcome of this interaction. Death turned to the bartender, who was watching the pair out of the corner of his eye, and said, “Four horsemen”, which the bartender quickly began to make. Sheera felt her eyebrow twitch upwards at tad; that drink was strong, quite the liver killer, and he had just ordered it. She wasn't sure if it was because it was something he actually enjoyed or if he was trying to show off but it was certainly one hell of a coincidence... Being as it was one of her favorite shots. The Russian tapped the bar top and said, "One for me 'az 'vell." Once the bartender began to make the drink, Death returned his attention to her and said, “Well, the Devil is quite the partner.” A deep laugh rumbled in his chest as the shot-glass was placed in front of him and he picked it up. She watched him as he drank it and she could almost see him visibly relax once the toxic mix hit his stomach. The empty glass clunked dully on the wooden surface, the faint imprint of the black-and-white makeup of where his mouth had been on the glass as her own Four Horsemen was placed in front of her. Sheera picked it up and tossed the shot back in one gulp, almost grimacing as the liquid burned a path down her throat, every muscle relaxing as the alcohol made its way through her system.

Sheera would never go as far as to say that this man was delightful. His aura was too dark for such a word. But he was intriguing to her, as it was rare to come across those whose predatory nature showed as obviously as her own. He could dance and he could handle his alcohol... There had to be a catch somewhere, she just wasn't sure what it was yet. The Darkness purred. Yeah, there had to be a catch somewhere but until she, or the darkness, could figure out what that was... It would be fun to just who Death was. He glanced over his shoulder and she followed his gaze to see a light haired couple settling down at the end of the bar and she instantly recognized the taller of the two. Well, well, well. It seemed Jack Frost had decided to bring a lady friend out to the Halloween party... She'd need to be careful, as he was as liable to steal her valuables as he was to steal her heart. But that wasn't Sheera's concern. If she hadn't been enjoying herself on her favorite holiday then she might have taken him into custody for several reasons, the first being for the damage he had inflicted upon Amanda and the second for being suspected of the Crown Jewels robbery; a culprit still had yet to be brought in for that particular crime but a few of the priceless artifacts had been tracked down after they'd been sold on the Black Market. It would also have been helpful to bring him in to confirm that it had been him and Rotor that the blind man had been shooting at those few days ago. The other thing she noticed was that the man dressed as Beetlejuice had apparently managed to piss off enough people and was now getting kicked out of the party entirely by security. The man dressed as the Mad Hatter was giggling hysterically, perfectly in character, and the man dressed as the Storm Trooper looked as though he was about to haul off and punch a bouncer, which would have been ill-advised; he seemed to think better of that plan in the end and simply turned back to his drink. Sheera almost chuckled. Those were the men that Death had decided to come to the party with and yet one of them was so stupid that he was getting thrown out. Good friends were hard to find these days. Death rolled his eyes at the scene and turned his attention back to her, where she was still watching him, brilliant teal eyes half hooded to give herself a slightly unintentional seductive appearance. It was so... strange to find someone who appeared to be as predatory and feral as herself... Death was an odd find and yet... Strangely alluring. He rubbed a thumb over his chin and leaned in slightly towards her, as though trying to inspect her face further, though she doubted he really needed to; he'd stared at her long enough upon first coming up to the bar. “You know, I never introduced myself. I’m Sin. Sin Jin-Hoon. And who is the captivating fiend in front of me?”

Sheera smirked as he introduced himself. How fitting that a man who exuded such a dark, powerful aura should have the name 'Sin'. "Am Sheera. Sheera Noctesilvis." His name was certainly Asian, as if his accent had not given that away, and she wondered just where he was from and why the hell he was in a place like London. Of course, the same question could be asked of her. What was a Russian, like herself, doing in a place so far from her home? Well, the simple answer was that she traveled a lot. Not necessarily a lie but definitely not the truth. It wasn't as though she could tell him what she was really doing in London. She definitely couldn't tell him that she was from a different dimension where the genders were flipped and that she'd been dragged here three years or so ago (against her will) and had no way to get back or that she was actually part of the hero team known as The Challengers. That wasn't something anyone outside of the team could ever know. How was one supposed to explain to someone who wasn't in the team that they were a meta and spent their time risking their lives for complete and total strangers? It wasn't something most would understand. It would be interesting when JC trusted his girlfriend enough to explain to her what he did for a living... Sheera blinked as the song changed yet again. It was something by Coldplay. What an odd choice... And not a particularly good one. She hated this group, everything about them was particularly annoying, but it was a slower song, one that allowed for couples to dance... It would be a stretch to say that she and Mr. Sin Jin-Hoon were a couple, as she knew next to nothing about him and had only met him by chance because she'd been in the right place at the right time - or he had been - but it couldn't possibly hurt to dance with him one more time, despite the fact that the song was terrible. "Dance 'vit me." It wasn't a request and she didn't really give him time to say no... The Russian took his hand and this time it was she who led the way onto the dance floor. His hand rested comfortably on her waist, hers on his shoulder, their free hands clasped as they moved in slow, comfortable circles... There wasn't hardly a sliver of space between the pair of them. By the time the song ended there was no space between them at all. Their aura of feral power oozed off them in waves, emphasized by each other... Shortly after that they were back at the bar and Sin brought up the idea of going somewhere else.

Whereas most men would have raised the idea of 'going back to their place', he asked her if she wanted to go to a club with him. Better music, booze, the whole deal. Something told her that it would be a seedy little club with smoke on the air and bass that made the floor rattle and your heart stutter uncomfortably in your chest... And it sounded more appealing than this party, which she had, admittedly, only come to because everyone else from the team was here. Sheera smiled a rather feral smile, one that oddly enough intensified the seductive quality of her appearance - and said, " 'vould be 'appy to take trip 'vit Death. If can keep 'zhe Devil entertained, 'zhat is." The Darkness purred. It seemed that this was going to be a very fun night after all.

Location: One AldwychxxxxThoughts: Wow...xxxxMood: Relaxed, Intrigued, Predatory

User Image

Silenced Nocturne
ooc:

Lonely Spirit

User Image

”There is no present or future, only the past, happening over and over again, now.”
EUGENE O'NEILL

|I|gasho was excited that Novik would dance with him. This was the shaman’s favorite time of his missions. When he first arrived, he got to acclimate to his new location’s culture so he could better gauge what would need to be done for the Tree of Time. Learning new music and dances were an especially nice treat.

|A|s Novik and Igasho began dancing, the Xenomorph apologized in advance for stepping on the werewolf’s feet. Igasho was just about to reply that he was sure it wouldn’t happen when he felt a clawed foot come down on his paw. The extra-chronological being chuckled as his feet shifted into hard, equestrian hooves. Several times he felt Novik’s feet collide with his, but the imposing foot merely glanced off the werewolf’s hoof each time.

|T|oo soon, the slow song ended. Some of the pairs broke apart immediately, but others lingered, enjoying the touch of one another. When the next song came on though, the crowd started to boo and jeer. Apparently, whoever had chosen this song had taste that opposed every other person in the room. Igasho now saw the hostility and was about to do something to quell the growing discontent when he saw the party’s host make his way to the DJ booth.

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User Image
Amanda Magnuson
Call me Merida today

He definitely hesitated in answering her. Finally, however, he said, "I'm fine." A smile as false as the answer he'd just given her went up on his face and Jr continued, "That guy was just an overly drunk mess. He kept talking about how Electro was the coolest hero and how the kid gets all the ladies." The blond was trying to joke with her but Amanda wasn't buying it for three seconds. Everyone, even the drunks, knew that Electro was certainly one of the youngest members on the team and that the two male members who got the most female attention were Darren and JC, despite the fact that they were both in steady relationships, so it wasn't even a good joke... She could tell he was lying to her. Jr finished his bottle of water and pointed back to the party, telling her, "Let's head back in. This DJ is a mess with the music selection. I might be able to help him." Well that was as subtle a hint as any that he was going to be playing a few tricks. Amanda shook her head and followed him back inside as the song went from J-Pop to... Coldplay? That was quite a weird choice but definitely seemed purposeful, as a spotlight was suddenly flicked on and trained upon the host of the party and the girl he was with and it followed them onto the dance floor where a bunch of other couples had joined them. There was Celeste and Kayleb... And Sheera with... Some guy Amanda didn't recognize... And was that Jack Frost with some girl dressed as Elsa? A strike of anger flashed through her but she pushed it down. It was a holiday. She wasn't going to be making a scene with Frost right now, she and Tina would get him back for what he'd done later but not on a night when they were all supposed to be relaxing and hanging out. Amanda watched as Jr scanned the dance floor. He was young and represented the hope and good that could be the future heroes someday but even she knew that that didn't mean he couldn't be a little bad sometimes and it wasn't like this was actually harmful to anyone. Her gaze followed his, catching Elani dancing with the guy dressed as Electro... Drunk my a** was her only thought. No one could be that steady and be sure to hold a girl that close if they were even a little drunk. She also noticed the look of frustration on Jr's face as he saw the same thing she did. Oh yeah, there was more to this than he was telling her. What bothered Amanda was why he wasn't telling her the truth. His look of frustration was quickly replaced by a smile as he looked back at her and placed a finger to his lips, saying, "Shh." His eyes shifted to a faint blue and she knew that was an indication that his technokinesis was active... The song by Coldplay was winding down (thank God) and another slower song was preparing to play... And then it suddenly flipped to a more energetic song, one not even close to being suitable for couples to dance to... Everyone seemed to be in a state of shock and confusion at the sudden change, including the DJ and the host of the party. Jr smiled at Amanda and said, "Now that that's done. Let's see who else we can trick." The realistic looking Merida smiled a little and said, "Alright. But kid..." She knelt down so that they were eye-level and continued, "If you don't want to talk about what's bothering you, just say so. You don't have to lie to me to get me to leave you alone about it." She winked and stood up before saying, "Lead the way, little trickster." This was his show; she was just along for the ride.
Ooc: sorry for shite post
Sanokun711
Tegian
Orojed13
Kaun_Angelfire
Silenced Nocturne
User Image

J U N I O R xxx W H I T F I E L D

"Elektro"

Jr could hear the booing and jeering from the crowd as the song played. The surprised facial expression the DJ would have made probably would have been hilarious and would only contribute to Jr's feeling of success with his prank; but the Dj seemed to have been missing, probably why the song hadn't changed back so swiftly. Of course he had no concern if people liked the song, he'd just figure he'd mix it up and throw people off. At least to distract them from what he was planning. Jr had a long life goal and that was to teepee someone's home, this party seemed like a good place to fufill his long life goal. He watched as he mentioned who else they should trick, unaware of the fact that Amanda was clearly not buying his lies about being fine. "Alrigh. But kid" the costumed disney princess knelt down to his eye level. He figured he'd couldn't lie to Amanda, she was a lot smarter than he gave her credit for, that and Jr is a horrible liar. "If you don't want to talk about what's bothering you, just say so. You don't have to lie to me to get me to leave you alone about it." he paused for moment as she told him to lead the way.

"Thanks Amanda I appreciate it. I promise I won't lie to you anymore... "Let's enjoy the party and I'll tell you after okay?" he promised as he pointed to a fog machine across the room in perfect view. He wanted to do this to not only get his mind off Surge but to also just relax and have fun. He'd been serious for too long, and now clearly was a time to have fun and let loose, after all Jack, and other meta's who they had confrontations with were here and everyone seemed to be doing their own thing and enjoying themselves. It was also good to him that Amanda was willing to listen to him, keeping the frustration and anxiety inside wasn't healthy for him, especially being as young as he was.

Turning his attention to the fog machine, he studied it quietly as they got closer to it. He watched as one of the security guards raised an eye brow looking at him suspicious, it was clear to him he wouldn't be able to tamper with it while the big brute looking security guard stood watch. Maybe Amanda, could distract him? "Hey Amanda, do you think you can take care of him?" he asked in a very faint tone that couldn't be heard from the guard on duty. She nodded in agreement and within that time Jr was at his job.

He quickly walked closer to the fog machine and slipped out a screw driver, he needed to see how it worked first before he replicated about three more. The long cylinder at the end was the perfect size for a toilet paper roll. Quickly focusing on his little fog machine project he put it back together and hid a roll of toilet paper; toilet paper he happened to bring with him knowing full well he wanted to do this, and one of his many mini nano bots he happened to carry with him. When the time came the nano bot would load the toilet paper in the cylinder while activating the modifications Jr made to the machine.

"Done." he smiled moving away from the machine and grabbing two cups filled with fruit punch. "Here you go!" he said as Amanda had the security guard wrapped around her finger. The poor sap didn't realize he was being distracted, and the sneaking around and doing something against the rules kind of gave Jr a slight rush, it felt good to be bad slightly. Of course it was all harmless fun. Jr could never hurt anyone, and helping people is what he loved to do. But tricks were pretty fun.

They made their way across the room hiding quietly behind one of the curtains and out of sight from the rest of the party guest. "Okay, so I examined the fog machine and it'll work. Now for part B." he smiled, he looked around to make sure no one was spying on them as his eyes changed color yet again and from various parts of electronics near by they began to form three mini-electronic potato guns. " Okay, so these three need to go across from one another. The hard part is the location for one is next to the DJ booth Only downside it's in clear vision of everyone else. Mind helping me place them? I get the DJ booth and the one next to the entrance. You get the ones closer to the patio and refreshment tables." he asked. He gave her clear instructions to just flip the switch to sync the machines to the fog machine, the toilet paper was loaded by him before they parted ways. She would need to notify him when they were done, that was the easy part. After all, they had communicators. Things were going perfect.

"Located:PartyMood:Calm, yet slightly nervous. Thoughts:This is gonna be soo awesome.

Demonic_Werewolf94

Orojed13

Lonely Spirit

User Image

“It's a kind of spiritual snobbery that makes people think they can be happy without money.” Albert Camus

{J}enny’s rebuff for Geraldo’s stupid plans never came. The next thing she said touched him deeply. She simply brushed it off and made the best of it. The beating coming from Geraldo’s heart would surely be audible to everyone in the room, but the only one he noticed was the first woman to break through his façade; tear down the egotistical, down-trodding arrogance, and pull out who he was inside. She had seen the soul beneath the money, the clothes, the showing off, and had wanted to see more. When Jenny said that they should sparkle, Geraldo felt he was about to faint. The day he had found out about his powers, when he trained with Ros, when he allied with Jean. None of those days compared to this one hour.

{A}s the spotlight showered down on the mismatched pair, Geraldo’s heart felt strange. It throbbed so hard, he was sure it would fly right out of his chest; he felt like he was soaring above the world and the only thing he wanted was to hold the woman who had touched it so gently. The dance had started with Geraldo’s right hand on Jenny’s waist and holding her hand with his left with a hand’s distance between them. As Geraldo became lost in Jenny’s eyes, he found himself sliding closer to within an inch of touching, his right hand moving slowly to Jenny’s back. He felt light as a feather.

{I}t wouldn’t take but two seconds to take them away from all of these prying eyes. Geraldo could just release the light shouting in his veins and, instantly, Jenny and he would be anywhere they wanted to be. The fact that he couldn’t do that didn’t bother him because he wasn’t capable, though, but because he was forced to stay here. He had to stay with his party and be the host, be the man who took nothing seriously in front of everyone, when all he wished was to find a quiet spot and get to know the woman who had captured his attention. That was when the idea occurred to Geraldo. He would finish what he was expected to and, for the first time ever, skip out on his own party.

{T}he song ended and Jenny thanked him. He was about to claim that the honor was all his when Jenny leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. Geraldo stuttered to silence. When Jenny asked what he had to do next, Geraldo responded, ”I have to announce the winners for the costume contest. I would love it if you wanted to join me. I could even let you announce who won.” Geraldo smiled at her, waiting for her reply. When she declined, Geraldo let his face fall in a mock sad face. When she said she’d watch from the side, Geraldo’s smile returned. He then said, ”Alright, I’ll let you just watch. You’ve got to promise to wait right here for me. I want to show you something. Anyways, if I gave you the award, than I would have to keep sharing you; if it’s alright with you, I think keeping you to myself for a little bit after this is in order.”

{B}efore Geraldo could make his way to the stage, the next song began. It was something that did not belong at this party. Granted, Coldplay was probably not the most appropriate either, but that was the beauty of owning the party. The people started to boo and jeer, and Geraldo made his way to the DJ booth, holding his hands up to the people to signal that he was trying to make it stop. That was when he saw the screen. The only thing he saw that he understood were the Japanese characters. It should be simple enough to stop a song though, right? Geraldo found the button on the screen that said stop, and he pressed his finger against it. Nothing happened. He pressed his finger against the monitor several times, each time with a little more force, but still the affront to his guests’ ears continued. That was when Geraldo found the keyboard. That would do. He quickly found the keys he needed and typed “stop.” Nothing happened. How did he stop this thing? He tried typing “stop, quit, done, finish, no more,” but nothing happened. Finally he smashed the keyboard several times with a crunch sound coming from his contact and finally the noise finished. He hated technology.

{G}eraldo grabbed the mic from Ongaku’s booth and stepped in front of it. Geraldo smiled as the spotlight found its way to him and everyone quieted down. He said, ”I’m glad that nightmare’s over.” There was scattered laughter as Geraldo continued, “I have seen very many amazing costumes tonight, and I find this part of the night very difficult. It’s time to announce the results for our Halloween costume contest.” Geraldo felt an envelope slip into his hand, and he raised it high; everyone clapped and cheered. The host then said, ”Well, we seem to have a tie for secon and third place. Your two second place winners for tonight’s event are the mad scientist, and Electro!“ Two spotlights immediately jumped on the two announced guests. Geraldo waved them forward to the stage, and as they walked, a drumroll accompanied the next announcement, ”And the winner of tonight’s contest is…” Geraldo paused as the room seemed to hold its breath, ”THE WEEPING ANGEL!” The room burst into applause as the two spotlight coalesced on the very realistic weeping angel statute.

{W}hen the winners had made their ways to the stage, Geraldo had them show off their costumes to the people, telling each one to stop by the receptionist’s desk before leaving tonight to claim their prizes; the second and third place winners had won a free night at One Aldwych and the Weeping Angel would be awarded a free week’s stay in a suite. Geraldo thanked them for coming and handed the mic to the nearest staff member.

{N}ow finished with announcing the winners of the costume contest, Geraldo asked a member of security to let him borrow his walkie-talkie. Geraldo pressed the button that the guard showed him to use and said into it, ”Alright Richard. You ran this place just fine before I bought it; I leave the rest of the party in your capable hands. I will be busy for the rest of the night and do not wish to be disturbed for any reason.” Geraldo gave the walkie-talkie back and walked back over to the waiting Jenny. He grabbed her hand by her fingers, lifting them as he bend over, his her hand a light kiss. He smiled as he said, ”I apologize that I kept you waiting. For waiting here for me to return, I thank you.” The man’s smile went wide, accentuating that the formal language was meant to be funny.

{T}he party’s host was about to show his date something special when the DJ and Oz walked in, sans the security guard that had been sent with Ongaku when he had left. Geraldo walked to Ongaku swiftly and asked, ”What happened to the guard? Are you hurt?“ Geraldo then turned to the Asian man and asked, “What happened? Did you see anything?”

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User ImageUser Image

Location: HomexxCompany: JC and friendsxxMood: Relaxed>StunnedxxOutfit: Halloween

Chiara was rather glad that she had decided to go on this double date with JC and his friends. She hadn't known how it would go, as her last meeting with one of her friends had not gone very well but this... This seemed to be going quite well. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and she herself was greatly enjoying Aria's company; the girl dressed as the Tenth Doctor was sassy and vivacious. It was nice to be able to spend time around other people, even if there was still something about Darren that was putting her on edge. When they rejoined the boys, they seemed to be in the middle of a conversation and the girls interrupted whatever it was they were talking about.

"Of course. I think it looks wonderful on her... Oh, hello ladies. We were just talking about your costumes versus ours. I think it's well agreed between the two of us that you are both magnificently more attractive than either of us. Though, we had to take into account that both of our's were last minute, unplanned, and they match. So, after great deliberation, it has been decided that we out-costume you as a pair," Darren joked, chuckling a little. "I'm joking, of course." Aria and Chiara giggled and took a drink out of their respective glasses or bottles.

“Well, think you saved a dance for us?” JC asked. “Or do I have only Darren to dance with?” Aria and Chiara agreed to go dance with their respective boyfriends and then they were back on the dance floor, each dancing with their partner. It was nice to be able to dance with JC... A drunk woman kept trying to dance up on him but careful movement put Chiara between the drunk and JC, which thankfully annoyed the drunk enough that she went away to find someone else to dance with. The red-heads boyfriend was quite a decent dancer, not even stepping on her exposed toes once and he even seemed to be enjoying himself; this was turning out to be an excellent Halloween night after all. When the song ended, JC excused himself to go to the restroom and the Irishwoman went back to the booth to get a drink to refresh herself.

When he returned, a song by Frank Sinatra came on and it was all she could do not to squeal and drag him out to the floor. They did go and dance, however, and Chiara enjoyed it immensely. Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away This was turning out so wonderfully. She hadn't been expecting to spend any time with JC tonight, as he didn't seem too fond of the holiday... And yet he'd shown up at her apartment to surprise her, dressed as a sexy fire-fighter and that had been just as big a surprise. If you could use some exotic booze, there's a bar in far Bombay And even meeting his best friend, officially, and his best friends fiancee was going well. Everyone seemed to be in good moods and enjoying themselves too. The only hick-ups had been when Darren had almost collapsed and when the drunk who kept trying to dance up on JC but those moments has passed.

Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away~ When the song ended, they returned to the booth to enjoy their drinks again; Chiara had polished off two bottles of hard cider by now and was beginning to feel it... But it was nice, as it was manifesting as a warm, blossoming feeling in her stomach. As a new round of drinks arrived, JC said, “Cheers guys.” This was followed by the clinking of glasses but before anyone could enjoy their drink of choice, the drunk girl from before arrived at their table. Chiara's brow creased in frustration and she braced a hand against the table, preparing to stand and get rid of this woman herself, only to have the womans friends show up to drag her away, apologizing the whole time until they were out of earshot. The red-head took her hand off the table and wrapped it around the neck of the bottle in her hand. “Clearly you girls have a fan," JC joked, trying to diffuse the tension.

Aria rolled her eyes and laughed, "Yeah, I'm sure it's us she liked." She took a drink of her beer, which she'd replaced the daiquiri with because it was so sweet it was hurting her teeth and Chiara nodded, "Definitely us and not the hunky fire-fighters whose presence we've been graced with." Or not. The group chatted for a bit, pointing out costumes on the dance floor and just cooling down in general before the red-head stood and said she was going to the restroom. Aria went to stand but Chiara waved her down. The Tenth Doctor asked, "Are you sure you want to go alone? There are a lot of men here and a lot of them can get grabby if they see a pretty girl in a revealing costume." Chiara assured her that she'd be fine and left the table, leaving Aria with the boys. The brunette sighed and propped her head up on her hand, thinking for a second before slapping her hand down on the table.

"I should've got a picture of Kayleb or of me and Kayleb; she would have loved that! It is so funny how he and I matched. Celeste did such a good job painting him, he looked so real! Oh I bet he's a huge hit at that rich guys party!" She was gushing a bit about the coincedence between costumes, as she thought it was just the most fabulous thing in the whole world and it couldn't have been more of a surprise; it wouldn't have worked out nearly as well with anyone else. And then Darren suddenly requested that she stop talking about the accidental couples costume and how wonderful it was that she and Kayleb matched so well. Aria glanced over at him and said, "What? Are you actually jealous of Kayleb?" The words that followed next were words that she would never have thought to hear from him.

She stood, shaking with anger, hand wrapped around her glass so white that it was a wonder it didn't shatter beneath her grip. "How dare you," She hissed, "That is not the same thing and you know it. I didn't sleep with Kayleb. You can stay here, I'm... I'm going to Geraldo's party on my own." The glass was slammed down, a deep crack running down it, and she turned on her heel, pushing past Chiara who was standing there, looking rather stunned and uncomfortable, and out the door. She hailed a taxi, wavering a little from the alcohol she'd already consumed, and then instructed the driver to take her to One Aldwych. He didn't question and in no time she was there... And the first people she ran into were Kayleb and Celeste.

Back at the club, Chiara hesitantly took a seat. "What... What was that all about? It looked pretty uh... heated." And whatever had happened had just effectively ruined the pleasant mood that had been permeating the air around the little group.

(( Ooc: ))

Roskuel
siris

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User ImageCELESTE SOLSTICE
XXxa.k.a. Luxx

“It’s okay, don’t worry.” Kayleb smiled at her and seemed to mean it. When she asked if he wanted to dance with her, he said, “Sure. I’ll.. dance with you.” He tried to keep his smile genuine, she could tell, but seemed incredibly nervous... It ocurred to her that perhaps he had never danced with anyone before, as he'd spent most of his life caged by the OWC. She'd do her best to show him how without quite obviously leading him. She wasn't one to judge but others may possibly judge him quite heavily if they knew that the woman was the one leading insteady of the man. Celeste asked him if he was having a good time. “Y-yes.. I’m having..f-fun,” stammered Kayleb, gripping her hand a little tighter. He was nervous and sounded absolutely unconvincing as possible and this worried her a little bit; her little winged angel had seemed to be having fun before she'd left to go talk with Katsumi... It seemed that he'd run into Novik and Igasho not long after she'd left, which was good, but now she felt a little bad; there was a tiny sliver of guilt gnawing at her. “I’m just.. not used to.. uhm..” Whatever he was trying to say faded, lingering in the air. Celeste resisted the urge to frown, she didn't want him to think she was unhappy in any way and especially not with im. Kayleb was an angel, literally and figuratively, and so innocent yet despite how terribly he'd been treated in his lifetime and the thing he had seen. She wanted him to be happy... But something wasn't quite right. She almost smacked herself in the forehead but didn't, instead keeping a firm, yet gentle grip on his hand and her other hand on his shoulder. Kayleb didn't do well with crowds. She knew that. Everyone on the team knew that. But the second Katsumi had arrived and said he wanted to talk... She hadn't even given it a second thought. What kind of friend did that make her? She would need to make it up to him later, and apologize profusely, but for now, they would just dance together; every time he stepped on her feet, the light wielding heroine gave no indication that he had done so.

Just as the song ended, another slow song began to play only to switch over to something... Rather terrible. There was quite a lot of booing and jeering and Geraldo was quick to make his way up to the DJ booth; Celeste was quite positive that the methods he used to quiet the music were not the proper ways to do so and that it was possible he'd done some damage to the DJ's equipment. Once the terrible music had been quieted, Geraldo picked up a microphone and said, ”I’m glad that nightmare’s over.” There was scattered laughter and chuckles and he continued, “I have seen very many amazing costumes tonight, and I find this part of the night very difficult. It’s time to announce the results for our Halloween costume contest.” Geraldo held up an envelope, one that certainly had the winners names in it, and the crowd cheered. Everyone was excited to see who the winners were. ”Well, we seem to have a tie for second and third place. Your two second place winners for tonight’s event are the mad scientist and Electro!“ Two spotlights immediately flicked on to the two winners, who were towards the stage by the host of the party, and as they walked up to the stage, a drumroll proceeded the announcement of the first place winner. ”And the winner of tonight’s contest is…” Geraldo paused and the room seemed to hold its breath. Then: ”THE WEEPING ANGEL!” The room burst into applause as the two spotlights landed on Kayleb. Celeste released him and stepped out of the spotlight, clapping like everyone else and smiling broadly; how wonderful that he had won first prize! Kayleb deserved something nice. He looked absolutely terrified standing on the stage alone but she doubted anyone but the team noticed and he didn't go down to the front desk to get his prize. When he eventually returned to her side, Celeste opened her mouth to congratulate him, only to see Aria walk in the door... Alone. The telekinetic spotted them and came right over and the white-haired female could tell that Darren's fiancee had had quite a bit to drink already.

"Aria? Are you alright?" Celeste asked as she joined them. Her cheeks were flushed, though whether from the booze or anger, she wasn't able to tell... "I'm fine," said Aria. "I'm ********] Celeste's eyebrow arched uwaprds as the Tenth Doctor snagged a glass of champagne from a server dressed as a gorilla and downed it in one gulp, setting the empty flute onto another passing servers tray. It was quite obvious that she was not okay.

Every moment of LIGHT and DARK is a miracle

Orojed13
Tegian
ooc:

Dapper Shapeshifter

12,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

Aria excused herself to go to the bar, where she ordered a round of shots for herself and Celeste watched her for a second before saying, "Kayleb... Something's wrong. Why don't you keep an eye on her? I don't want her to get into any trouble and I don't know what she's like when she drinks." The Tenth Doctor returned shortly after that, barely able to walk in a straight line, and Celeste frowned; something was definitely up."I thought you had a date tonight." Aria waved a hand at them, almost falling over but steadying herself by placing a hand on Kayleb's shoulder, "Ta hell with th' date. Ta hell with all of it. I'd rather be 'ere with you guys anyways." There was a slight slur to her words.

Kayleb had hardly had a chance to recover from the fear of being on stage when Aria suddenly arrived... and she seemed rather upset and somewhat on the drunk side. He had hardly the chance to draw in a breath to speak up, to ask her what was wrong, before Celeste cut off his words, asking exactly what he was going to ask. Aria's answer put a frown on his painted face and worry in his creepy white eyes. "Are you sure...?" He tried to ask but she already started walking away, off to get herself something more to drink. While she was away, Celeste asked him to keep an eye on Aria... to keep her out of trouble. Kayleb gave a little nod, just as Aria was returning.

Celeste and Aria spoke together for a few moments with Kayleb just watching with worry. Something clearly happened on her double date, and he had no idea how he could help her get out of her so very unhappy mood... Eventually he lightly grabbed her sleeve and tugged on it to grab her attention. "Hey, do you want to do something? Maybe.. dance?" He had to do something to help her out of this.

Aria had been in the process of getting another glass of champagne when she felt a tug on her sleeve and she looked over at Kayleb as he asked if she wanted to dance. "I'ma... I'ma a 'lil tipsy," she told him, obviously way past the point of tipsy, "I'd love 'ta dance." She led them out to the dance floor but never let go of Kayleb for the simple fact that she needed him for balance, though holding on to him was instinctual. His hand went on her waist and hers went on his shoulder; just as they had clasped hands and begun to sway, another party goer tapped them on the shoulder and asked, "Hey, sorry, can we get a picture with you two? You guys have the best couples costume we've seen all night." Aria smiled and blinked at them, "Sure, why not?" The couple grinned broadly and then they each took a picture with Aria and Kayleb together and then with each separately; they were certainly a big hit at the party, as it wasn't long after that that more people came up requesting pictures. Between each picture taken, she grabbed another drink. It wasn't long before she wasn't really able to stand upright without help.

Kayleb was both happy and terrified that Aria had said yes to the dance he requested. He wasn't comfortable dancing, even after having gone a full song with Celeste with no problems larger than his having trod on her foot a few times.. But now he was dancing with the woman he actually liked, so it was a completely different experience this time around. Thankfully... and unfortunately... they were interupted by a couple who tapped on their shoulder to request a picture of 'the best couples costumes' at the party. Kaylebs face went beet red under his paint and while he was about to try and correct them, Aria just spoke up and said sure.

Kayleb looked at her, confused as to why she would not correct them, but he just figured she was a little too tipsy and angry about what happened at her date earlier to care about what was said. So, with a slight shrug to himself, Kayleb went along with the pictures. He and Aria would pose as best they could, though Aria had to stay close due to her not being able to stand very well, so no mock battle pictures. Soon enough, Kayleb had to force himself to say no to anyone else who approached to try to get some pictures, Aria couldn't stand at all now without help. She'd been drinking between every picture and he was sure she's had more than enough by now. "Aria.. I think I should take you home now.." He said as he drew her away from the crowds that were slowly thinning as the night wore on. "You need to get some rest.."

The pictures people took were fun and she was pretty sure they'd be trending on every social networking site in the morning... Unfortunately, it got to a point where no more pictures could be taken because she couldn't stand without Kayleb's support. "Don' wanna," she whined, pushing against his chest without any real effect; she was too drunk to have any real force behind her movements. Aria didn't want to go home yet. She was having a good time. She wanted to stay at the party and take more pictures and drink. Kayleb wouldn't take no for an answer and before she knew it, she was suddenly in his arms and they were airborne. The cool night hair felt good on her fevered brow but the take-off had caused her stomach to twist uncomfortably and she groaned, pressing her face into the crook of his neck to try and quiet her rolling innards. The jolt that came from his landing - which admittedly probably wouldn't have been that bad if she hadn't been drunk - caused her stomach to roll still more and she heard him ask where the key was. Aria gestured vaguely towards the top of the door, where a spare key was hidden. He shifted her slightly to get the key and then, before she knew it... he was placing her on top of her bed. That was when her stomach rebelled entirely and she rolled off, scrambling for the bathroom, barely making it in time. She felt Kayleb's hands on her back and then he was holding her ponytail back as she heaved into the toilet.

Thankfully Aria hadn't put up much of a fight, and he was quickly able to get her out of the party. They were soon on their way, after he picked her up bridal style and took of with a great show of wing strength. It wasn't easy afterall, to take off from a standing start, let alone with someone else in his arms. Thankfully he knew where she lived, as he'd visited her before, so he didn't have to ask her for directions that she was not currently fit to give without them likely getting horribly lost.

By the time they arrived, and Kayleb managed to get Aria inside and on her bed, she was looking terribly sick. "Are you okay? Do you need-" Nope, apparently she was not okay, as she rolled of her bed and stumble-dashed to her bathroom to start throwing up. Kayleb was quick to follow and hold her hair out of the way and keep a reassuring hand on her back. "Well, you'll feel better after that.. at least a little bit." He gave her a small smile when she finally finished vomiting and he helped her clean up her face a bit before getting her back to bed. He helped her out of her costume, and managed not to blush too much when he realized all she wore under it was a sports bra and her underwear. "Try to get yourself some sleep." He said as he tucked her under the blankets and brushed her hair from her face. "And i'll find you something to throw up in, just in case." With that, he wandered off and returned shortly with a large mixing bowl. When he returned, he asked if it was alright he have a shower, and she just sort of grunted out a vague yes and waved her arm towards a box with some worn out 'old' clothes.

Kayleb watched over her for a few minutes before deciding she was probably going to be okay for long enough for him to have a shower and get all the paint off him. So he found himself a clean towel and dug out some clothes fromt he box Aria had indicated to him, before heading into the bathroom to clean up. It took some time, and a lot of hot water, but finally Kayleb had managed to clean all the paint from his body and his wings. It felt nice, being rid of the paint. It was heavy and it had been starting to itch after it being on for so long. After taking a few minutes to dry off, Kayleb stared at the clothes he had chosen. They were Darrens.. and he felt incredibly weird about having to wear his leaders clothes... but, it couldn't really be helped. So, he put the clothes on and tried not to feel weird about it.. but that didn't help.. and it would help even less shortly, as he left the bathroom to find that Darren had arrived home. "Oh.. Uh.. Hi, Darren." He spoke with an awkward smile and a weird little wave.

siris99
Roskuel

Cheerful Werewolf

User Image
User Image

Outwardly, Elani seemed to be calm and collected, but inside she was annoyed and her mind was in a turmoil. This man was without a doubt insane. He did not belong in a hotel at a Halloween ball; he should have been locked up in a mental asylum with horse tranquilizer being pumped into his veins. In truth, the right thing to do would be to alert her teammates about who this man really was. That way they could take him down right then and there, and they could then ship him out to Tarturus where they could try to find him the medication he needed.
As soon as Elani reached that conclusion, she began to prepare her mind to reach out with her telepathy and send the Challengers present a mental message, but then the meta her duty told her she should take down grabbed her hands and pulled her out to the dance floor. As he did so, the raven-haired beauty looked around and, seeing her friends and team mates all around enjoying themselves, she felt her resolve falter. No, she would not be the rain on their parade. The Challengers had earned this night off and deserved to have their fun. The telepath would have to go about this in a different manner and she knew just how. She would continue to play the mad man's game while collecting as much information about him as she could. Knowing something would be better then nothing when it came time to take him out.

They had come to a stop on the dance floor, and Elani arranged their hands. She tried to keep some distance between them without it looking too suspicious, but, to her surprise, her dance partner shook his head. He placed his free hand on her back and pulled her close, close enough for their bodies to touch, and said, "We wouldn't want me to get bored and feel the need to go find my other friend would we?" Elani shook her head slightly in response to his question before saying, "No, we would not want that." She gave him a light smile before the dance began.
As they danced, Elani felt something deep down inside her stir once more; the longer they touched, the more it stirred. Her longing for physical intimacy with another had awoken with a fiery passion, and it thirsted for more. It didn't matter how much Elani's logical self told her that this was wrong, this man was not the one for her, that he was evil, that he had nearly taken her life with out any sense of remorse, a part of her still wanted him.
While they danced Elani said, "You know, I have a bit of a confession to make. I only dragged you to the dance floor in the first place to keep you from bothering my friend, but, as I continue to spent time with you, I want to get to know you more."
The song ended then and just, as another slow song began, something happened; the song was switched to some sort of techno dance song. Elani and her partner separated, and, for the most part, Elani felt relieved, but a small part of her was disappointed that the contact had not lasted longer.

Everything around them was in a bit of an uproar since most people were not happy about the song change, but soon, Elani spotted the host as he made his way past them to get to the DJ booth. After some button pushing, the song ended and he got a microphone in hand, apologizing in his own way for what had happened. He then said that it was time to announce the winners of the costume contest, and, much to Elani's surprise,d her fake Electro tied second with the real one's mad scientist costume. A spotlight was shone on them both and Elani clapped her hands along with everyone else. She clapped even harder when it was announced who had won first place, feeling very happy for Kayleb.

The three winners made their way to the stage and, once they had finished showing off there costumes, the dark-haired meta had made his way back to her. She said, "Congratulations on getting second place. How do you wish to celebrate?" Elani said this in a playful tone of voice since they both knew this was no true conquest, but it was always fun to win something.

Thoughts:I need to know more about this meta Mood:Determent, confused but still happy Location: The party.

Written by Kaun_Angelfire, edited by Orojed13

Lonely Spirit

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

”Life is full of confusion. Confusion of love, passion, and romance. Confusion of family and friends. Confusion with life itself. What path we take, what turns we make. How we roll our dice.” Matthew Underwood

Katsumi carried Hackshot back to his booth. The sight that awaited them was sure to upset the supposed blind mercenary; the keyboard had obviously been hit very hard several times leaving serious damages. The Asian wondered what could have happened in the several minutes that he was gone to cause someone to want to hit the computer like that. Before he could think too much on it though, it was show time. Geraldo came flying over asking what happened and if Katsumi had seen anything.

The lie slid easily from Katsumi’s lips as he said, “I didn’t see anything. I went to go to the bathroom, but when I walked in I found a guard in a gorilla costume and the DJ unconscious. I tried to resuscitate both of them, but it looks like the guard took the worst of it. I managed to revive Ongaku and thought it would be best to bring him out here to tell you what he heard.” Geraldo thanked him and told him that if he needed a favor later to just ask later. Right no he needed to take care of Ongaku.

Walking away, Katsumi smiled as soon as his face was out of Geraldo’s sight. It had been too easy. Hackshot hadn’t mentioned needing to do anything about the security footage so Katsumi was sure that the rest of this would be routine, walk away and never hear of this again. That meant it was time to get back to where he was before nature had called. Katsumi scanned the room, but his vision stopped on a shocking sight; Philip was sitting very close to a raven-haired woman who was beautiful. She had a drink and they were clearly talking to one another, a smile on both their faces. It made no sense to Katsumi. The man she was talking to was clearly a psychopath that drank a little too deeply into his powers, but that didn’t stop the woman from having a seemingly good time with him. The Asian shook his head in pity for the woman, afraid that he might have to help Philip clean up a body in the morning. Just as Katsumi had decided that he should intervene, he spotted Celeste on the other side of the room. With a passing glance, Katsumi screamed in his head for the woman to run, knowing that it would do no good. The woman was no telepath as a telepath would have read the psycho’s mind and ran for the hills.

Katsumi made his way in Celeste’s direction. He pivoted around a server that hadn’t seen him until it would have been too late. As Katsumi walked on after avoiding the collision, he now had two more glasses of champagne. He slid around a couple that clearly would need a cab to get home, and finally stopped as he came up to Celeste’s right side. He offered a glass to her, and, noticing her attention on a female Doctor Who and the Weeping Angel from earlier, he asked, “Are they friends of yours?”

Lonely Spirit

User Image

“ I can't see why you wouldn't crave to cause an explosion when it was just growing, begging to be released from its prison... I couldn't help it. I had to watch the molecules of air and gases ripping each other apart as they vie for what little space there is; it was so... awe-inspiring.”

Thoughts: As I’ve already won, let’s spice things up.

{W}
hen Elani nodded consent to dance so closely, Philip began to lead in slower swaying circles. Every time Elani let him get closer to her, he felt a thrill of victory, the thrill of knowing that he was winning her over. He wondered absently just what it was that kept her physical attraction strong than the mental repulsion his antics from yesterday caused. While they danced, Philip could feel Elani shift again from bearing through an ordeal to getting comfortable in his arms, just as she had the last time they danced. Philip noticed Electro walk back in from outside; he pulled himself closer to Elani and gave his playmate a wink from across the room.

{A}s they danced, Elani explained what Philip had already known, that she had offered herself as tribute to keep him from going after Electro, but she added that the more time she spent with Philip, the more interested she became in him. He smiled at his dance partner, and reached up with his right hand, brushing her bang behind her ear. He then whispered to her, “I knew you were trying to protect your friend; I was trying to find out just how far you were willing to go to keep me from him. I have found myself quite interested in you, though.” The song then changed. Elani pulled back from Philip, and her face showed conflict. As people began to boo at the music, Philip found his body starting to sway to the song, his foot tapping the beat. As the party’s host shut down the music, Philip groaned; he had been enjoying it.

{G}eraldo then began to announce the winners of a costume contest. Philip was sure he had missed something important as he was completely unaware that there had even been a contest to vote on. It really didn’t matter though, as he had tied for second and was called to come up and share the stage with the real Electro. Philip smiled at Elani and excused himself, saying, “I promise that if you continue to entertain me, I have another game we can play when I get back.” After Elani hesitantly consented, Philip went up to the stage. As Geraldo announced the first place winner, Philip smiled at Electro and said, “You have some amazing friends, you know. You might even ask her about it tomorrow.” Philip patted the young blonde on the shoulder and walked off stage.

{K}eeping his end of the bargain, Philip immediately found his way back to Elani; she had made her way over to the bar and was clapping for the Weeping Angel who had won first prize. As Philip came close, Elani playfully congratulated him on his second place victory, asking him how he wished to celebrate. He smiled a mischievous smile at her as he turned to the bar tender and ordered another bottle of water along with an Electric blue Lemonade. As the drinks were set down, he slid the lemonade over to Elani. He then explained, “You said you wanted to get to know more about me. I’ll answer your questions and answer them truthfully; in exchange, you have to take a large drink every time I answer a question. If I don’t want to answer a question, I’ll let you know and you can ask another.” Philip took a large swig of water, downing half the bottle before asking, “What’s your first question?”

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User Image
Amanda Magnuson
Call me Merida today

"Thanks Amanda I appreciate it. I promise I won't lie to you anymore... "Let's enjoy the party and I'll tell you after okay?" promised Jr before pointing to a fog machine across the room. Amanda nodded, "Deal. Lets go." It wasn't even that Jr was a bad liar or that she was good at detecting un-truths... She'd just been looking for it. People like Sheera and Celeste were better at rooting out liars but even Amanda could tell when something was bothering a friend of hers and when they weren't being truthful about that thing. Like anyone else on the team, she wanted to take care of her friends and if something was bothering them, she wanted to know. Everyone was always so serious and that wasn't good for the older members, so it certainly couldn't be good for the younger members either. Jr was easily the youngest member and he had enough going on without trying to hold in the stress and frustration and anxieties that plagued him. Besides, what was the point of being super serious right now? Everyone in the room was getting along, with the only disturbances so far being a guy dressed as Beetlejuice who was thrown out and the song change, which resulted in a lot of booing and jeering; the host of the party was quick to go up and try to change it. While he did that, Jr led the way across the room towards the fog machine. It was being watched by a security guard, who had no doubt been put there to make sure that it wouldn't be tampered with by anyone, and he raised an eyebrow at their approach. Obviously they wouldn't be able to get near the machine with the guard there. The done-up Disney Princess looked down at him as he whispered, "Hey Amanda, do you think you can take care of him?" He had asked quietly enough that the guard couldn't hear him and Amanda smiled, giving him a nod. She'd never distracted someone in the manner she was about to do, so it would be interesting... Someone like Aria or Sheera would probably be way better at it but now was as good a time as any to get a little practice in. Better to do it now, rather than a situation that was actually dangerous. Amanda walked up to the guard and within seconds they were engrossed in conversation, her twirling her hair around her finger and giving him shy, friendly smiles. She saw Jr move towards the fog machine out of the corner of her eye and so positioned herself so that the security guard would have to turn more to look at her clearly. By the time Jr returned to her side, two glasses of fruit punch in his hands, she had the poor sap wrapped entirely around her little finger and he had no idea that she'd just been a distraction so that her little friend could modify the fog machine. "Here you go!" said Jr, handing her the glass. "Thanks," she smiled at him and then looked over at the security guard and said, "We'll have to get together some time so that you can tell me more about mountain climbing; I've never been and it sounds like so much fun! Bye now!" With that, she left with Jr at her side and the poor security guard staring wistfully after her. The pair made their way across the room and slid behind one of the curtains that lined the room, out of sight of the rest of the party guests. "Okay, so I examined the fog machine and it'll work. Now for part B." Jr smiled and looked around to make sure no one was spying on them and then his eyes changed color again; from various electronics around the area, parts detached and began to form something else, eventually becoming three mini potato-gun looking things. "Okay, so these three need to go across from one another. The hard part is the location for one is next to the DJ booth. Only downside it's in clear vision of everyone else. Mind helping me place them? I get the DJ booth and the one next to the entrance. You get the ones closer to the patio and refreshment tables," he explained, giving clear instructions after she had agreed to help him that all she needed to do was flip the switch to sync the new machines with the fog machine. This was going to b e the biggest TPing anyone had ever seen and so long as Jr wasn't caught, it wouldn't matter. As far as she was concerned, it was just harmless fun and certainly not the messiest thing she'd seen all night; besides, the people working here were probably being given a pretty nice bonus for working the party the rich guy was throwing and cleaning up toilet paper would be the easiest thing to do once this party was over. She'd just gotten the little devices in place as the awful music was stopped and Geraldo made a joke about it before saying that he had to announce the winners of the costume contest. There had been a contest? Why was this the first she, and probably everyone else, was hearing about it? At any rate, it was a tie between the guy dressed as Electro and Jr, who was dressed as a Mad Scientist. They both ended up on stage and she could see how uncomfortable it made her teammate to be up there next to the guy dressed as his hero self; they both got some kind of prize and then were off-stage again as the crowd waited impatiently for the first place winner to be announced. To her surprise, it ended up being Kayleb who won first prize and she cheered just as loud as the others did; it seemed appropriate that the one person who didn't ask for anything was the person who deserved to win... Even though he looked terrified to be on stage. Afterwards, everyone was back on the floor and Amanda noticed Aria walk in, a bit tipsy if not a little past that point. Where was Darren and JC? No matter. The Remi girl was quick to join up with Celeste and Kayleb and then make a bee-line for the bar before rejoining them; something seemed off but it wasn't her concern. "Alright, they're set up and ready. I suggest waiting a little bit though because I think that security guard is suspicious of something." The security guard from before, the one by the fog machine, was watching them and looked as though he was suspicious of their behavior, even though she'd been careful not to be seen placing the little potato gun looking things. So it would be wise for Jr to wait a few minutes... Or at least wait long enough for some of the more belligerent drunks to be tossed out or to leave under their own volition, which probably wouldn't be that much longer.
Ooc: sorry for shite post
Sanokun711
Tegian
Orojed13
Kaun_Angelfire
Silenced Nocturne

Annihilatrix's Significant Otter

Sexy Lionheart

22,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
========================== ☠ ==========================

Saraiyu Malakihr Ramanajan
Surviving the 'Unthinkable'
“Childhood should be carefree, playing in the sun; not living a nightmare in the darkness of the soul.” ― Dave Pelzer

Sarai smirked a bit at Will’s little quip, but deep inside his words struck an odd chord. She was a superhero, in training at least, a person ready and willing to sacrifice everything in order to help and protect those who needed it, from threats both human and Metahuman. A codename wasn’t just to protect herself—if that was the only reason, she wouldn’t have much need. There wasn’t really anything unpleasant left that she hadn’t experienced before. Separating the hero and civilian facets with names and disguises helped to protect those she cared about, and gave the hero persona more… authority. She’d need a real codename, before she became a full-fledged Challenger, so she put the idea in the back of her mind to stew and see what she could come up with.

In the meantime, Will had caught sight of the costume that Sarai had made for him, and she stood out of the way, blushing furiously, as he took a better look at the piece. When Will turned back to her, the look on his face wasn’t what she expected, and her blush cooled a little as she smiled back at him. He wasn’t angry, dismay, or derogatory, quite the opposite of anything she’d experienced before. Which had the twofold effect of reassuring her worries and giving her an odd, warm, fluttery feeling that she couldn’t name.

Sarai’s smile increased a little as she stepped forward, bringing the mannequin and its burden to a clearer spot.
“I did. Honestly… I wasn’t expecting you to ever see it… but I just wanted to. It’s a recolor costume of a character from a pretty old game, Mortal Kombat. Did you want to, uhm, maybe… Try it on?”

Clothes
Mood: Satisfied, Hopeful, Curious, Eager, Concerned, Thoughtful → Slightly stunned, Pleased
Company: Will
And the song in my head is. . .

✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

{{Orcas On Crack }} I am so sorry about the wait… midterms for medschool are hell.

Wilhelm3
User Image ............ User Image

"Something you need to learn... no matter how personal the fight.. we are all family. So, even when you want to be alone... we are there whether you like it or not. Best take advantage of that.. you're going to need it."

(Don't forget to hit that music button wink )
Thoughts: WHY?!!!!!!!

As soon as the cover had been accepted JC mentioned dancing again. Darren lifted himself once more, but very slowly this time. He wanted to make sure he wasn't going to head for the ground again. Completely straight and... he was good. He must've just risen too quickly the time before. He nodded at Aria, letting her know he was good to go, a smile accompanying the motion. As he took his beautiful fiancee to the floor, he could feel his stomach turning. Was he nervous? There was no reason to be. He was a good dancer. As with everything else, he learned quickly. As they danced, he couldn't help but feel every severed connection between the two heal. They were flawlessly flawed together. He kept her close. He would not let go. His senses were dulled and he yearned for the feeling of his skin against hers as he normally perceived it. For moments at a time, Darren let his sense of touch and smell loose. It was painful to feel the bass filled waves crash upon his nerves, but it was worth it to feel her. His love... his only... his world.

It felt too soon to return to the booth, but he followed regardless. As the group met up once more, JC raised a glass. Cheers indeed... what was this? Some woman practically busted in on the toast, before being dragged away by an apologetic friend. Darren had paused, but slowly gulped at the water in his hand while JC tried to clear the mental table. The girls retorted sarcastically, but all in good fun. Darren said nothing. He was intelligently keeping his mouth shut on this one. His brows rising as he looked over the glass pressed to his lips was the only indication that he found this humorous. The following moments allowed them the ability to chat freely. It was calm... It was beautiful... Montoro, if you call me now about some stupid bullshit... I'll break you in half. He even paused in mid sentence at one point as if listening for a ringtone, before continuing without an explanation. Lucky for him... No such ringing occurred. No contact from the outside world. Maybe tonight... no... don't jinx it. It was going well and the last thing he needed was to jinx the whole damn thing. Chiara suddenly stood, claiming that she needed to make a trip to the bathroom. Darren watched as Aria asked if she would be okay alone. Chi explained that she would be fine, before heading off. Aria sighed, propping her head upon her hand. Darren was about pull her closer, when her hand suddenly slammed the table. He should have seen it coming, but he must've dimmed his eyesight with the rest of his senses out of habit, because it had made him jump. He recovered swiftly, intent on figuring out what that had been about.

Aria began gushing at the seams. She spilled Kayleb all over the metaphorical table. He had almost forgotten the 'couple' costume. Now, it was fresh in his mind... stabbing at his brain over and over as Aria spat rainbows and butterflies about the coincidence. 'Sssssshe issss ssssso focusssed on Kayleb. Ssssso adorable isssn't it? Why isss ssshe talking about Kayleb when ssshe is clearly with youuu right nowww?' Darren shook his head. Not that. Not the shadow. It was NOT ruining his night. He had to stop it... now. "Aria... can you not talk about that, please? The costumes were a funny coincidence. It's been established." With that, he took another drink of his water, trying to fight off the voice in his head. A bead of sweat made itself present upon his forehead. He was struggling. Focus on Aria. That's what keeps it at bay... your love. This was so much harder than normal. Was it the atmosphere? The music? Because it was dark? Why? Maybe... maybe it was because he was actually feeling angered by the coincidence. Maybe his true feelings made it harder for him to fight... because... 'Becausssse you agreeeee.' Fight it! Aria seemed bugged by his request. Then... jealous? JEALOUS?! 'Allll MIIIIINE!' His vision hazed. NO! "Jealous?! Do you even have to ask??? We are on a date! We are suppose to be getting married, and all you can talk about on the first good night we've had out in forever, is the one other guy who actually had a chance with you?! Jealous? No, I'm ******** green-eyed? How would you feel if I started gushing like a fan-boy over Sheera?!" Aria had, had enough. She poured her piece and slammed down her glass, storming out. As she darted he stood and called out after her, "Nice comparison, but you seem to have forgotten... I didn't sleep with Sheera either! Go ahead! Leave! That's how you solve all your problems! You RUN!" She was long gone and Chiara was sitting down, hesitantly speaking. Darren answered, "Heated? No. That was fire. Let it burn!" he yelled at no one in particular as he grabbed a shot glass of whatever the hell was nearest, pouring it down his throat. As the liquid flowed, he seemed to freeze and sway just a little. The glass fell from his hand, crashing to the ground below with a tear attached. He... he didn't want this.

Darren's eyes fluttered open. Where... where was he? It took a moment, but his eyes adjusted. The training room. Why was he here? That's when he heard his name being called. It faded in slowly before he realized it was JC, who was seated next to him. "What... What's going on?" he asked with a slur. JC explained that Darren had taken a drink of hundred proof vodka. For anyone else... no big deal. For Darren... well the things JC told him would explain it. Darren had gone insane. He immediately started harassing random people and he tried to get into a brawl with the biggest baddest mother ******** he could find. JC had stopped him in the process, finally taking control of his friend. JC also had to take Chi home, explaining that he needed take care of Darren. "So... w-w-why did... um... what was I... why did you... bring me here?" JC replied by walking to the mat, preparing himself as he told the archer that they would be sparring. Before Darren could ask why, he explained that Darren needed to release some anger. Darren nearly smirked in his drunken state, "You can't beat me in a fist fight, Jason. You and I both know that." He mentioned that Darren's debilitated state would even the odds. The archer stood clumsily. Maybe the Hawk had a point. He let the upper part of his costume drop to the floor as he approached the mat, taking stance as best he could. "It would be embarrassing if you lost to a drunk me. You know that, right?" JC shrugged, solidifying his stance. Darren didn't bother circling for tension, it would just make him dizzy. Instead, Darren went straight for the offensive. His arm came up for a blow to JC's shoulder... blocked. Another to his abdomen... blocked. He bent over in pain as he was punched in the gut. Don't... throw up. He recovered, kicking for JC's legs... miss. Punch to the face... dodged. He received a strike to the shoulder. Darren was almost glad he was drunk, otherwise that would've hurt a hell of a lot worse. JC went to move again, Darren tried to focus his vision to match the movement, but it began zooming in and out like crazy. Right... abilities were going to be seriously ******** in this state. He had to focus on using his martial training. Hawk began taunting him. That's right... this was about releasing anger... not about fun and games. JC was doing a terrible job of taunting though. Darren wasn't angry at him. He was angry at... That's when JC brought out the big guns: Aria, Darren's mistakes, he was weak, Aria deserved better... she deserved Kayleb. Darren flew forward, swinging as hard as he could, as fast as he could. A flurry of fists hit a wall of defense as JC blocked every swing. Darren continued for what seemed like an eternity before he tired. The blows shrunk to light, sluggish movements. Darren broke, falling to his knees in tears. "I can't lose her!... I can't... lose... her..." he squeaked out, sobbing into the mat. "I thought we were going to be okay. I thought I could fix this. I thought I could make all of this disappear, but I can't. It happened and I can't change it. I can never change what I've done... and she will never forgive me!" JC consoled him. It didn't cure Darren of his fears... it couldn't, but it did get Darren to his feet. It was time to go home.

Some time later...

Darren fiddled with the lock until it released, allowing him entrance to his home. He walked in, aiming to head for the bed... but he would never make it. Standing in front of him was none other than Kayleb... wearing his clothes... and he was wet as if he had just taken a shower. No words came from Darren's mouth. Just a stare. He was in shock... and whenever the shock left... only a pain drenched, curdling scream of torment left his throat followed by Darren's body leaping at Kayleb. He was suddenly grabbed from behind. JC was standing right behind him and had stopped him before he could lay a single blow. This was the second time tonight he fell to his knees. He thought the well was dry, but somehow.... some way... a river found it's way to his cheeks as he screamed at Kayleb, "We are BROTHERS! How could you?! I'll kill you! I'll KILL YOU!" A sharp pain struck through his head as he blacked out, falling limp and unconscious.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff