Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Spirit

Maeva had given Katsumi a look that clearly meant he was about to be unhappy; the look was confirmed as she asked Philip to wait just outside of the room. Katsumi was fairly certain that there wasn’t much point in doing that at this point as they all three knew he would just listen in and watch around the corner. Katsumi heard the lock click and his hand started to drift to his left hip. As he formed a battle plan in his head, Maeva then spoke, saying that he was ORDERED to wear a costume and celebrate Halloween. He opened his mouth to voice that she couldn’t control how he spent his time off, but she cut him off by speaking a little louder. What she said next caught him off guard. Celeste would be there? All complaints evaporated as Maeva came to his rescue at the new plight of not having a costume for the party he really wanted to go to. She searched through her amulets, finally finding the one she wanted. She handed it to him, and the Asian put it around his neck. His clothes instantly transformed; he was now wearing a black suit with a black bow tie, his undershirt was white and his top hat was splendid. He had even grown a small mustache and the beginning of a beard on his chin. Katsumi felt his body, finding his equipment had disappeared with his clothes. He was Oz, the Great and Powerful. Katsumi thanked Maeva. She then called Philip back in. He came in and smiled the smile of an honorary child that was planning on doing something he knew he would get in trouble for later. That look bothered Katsumi as they walked out.

As the door closed behind them, Philip reached over and gave Katsumi another small jolt. He pushed past the steaming assassin as he began a petulant little chant,
“Kitty Kat’s got a girlfriend. Kitty Kat’s got a girlfriend. Kitty Kat’s got a girlfriend.” Katsumi rolled his eyes, wishing he had his kusari-gama; he felt much better than he had yesterday and would love to take care of his most annoying issue before going to try to find the right thing to say to Celeste to make things better. All he could do was avoid the p***k the best he could until the fight was a little less one sided. In the spirit of avoid Philip, Katsumi started walking to the hotel he had been instructed to go to the long way.

The sun hadn’t even gone down and the hotel was jumping. You could hear the Japanese rock blaring from halfway down the block. Katsumi sighed, telling himself that he was here to see Celeste and she was more than worth putting up with this. He made sure his hat and tie were on straight and walked inside. He looked around the party, quickly spotting Celeste exactly where he would plan on being if he hadn’t been looking for her, in the corner watching everyone else have a great time. Her smile made his cold attitude toward this party melt instantly. He waved at a passing zombie holding a drink try, grabbed two glasses of champagne and handed him a five-note. Katsumi took a deep breath and took the first step around the crowd of people, starting on the path to try and fix things with the woman who had recently captured his heart.

Katsumi stood behind and to the right of Celeste, seeing that she was watching a very realistic weeping angel statue suddenly jump to scare a couple that had been admiring the masonry. Katsumi held the glass of champagne out as he said lightly to Celeste, “Whoever helped him with his costume did an amazing job. You can’t even tell he isn’t actual stone until you’re right on top of him.” Celeste turned to see who had said something, but when her eyes fell on Katsumi, her expression soured from the happiness she had just had to that similar to the face you made after sucking on a lemon. The Asian said quickly, “I know you aren’t happy with me. I know I did something that was abysmal in your eyes. I wanted to apologize and set things right. Please, just give me tonight to prove myself to be a better person than you think I am. Pretend for just one night that the only meeting we had was in the alleyway.” Katsumi held the second champagne glass as though it symbolized the chance he was looking for. If she took it, he would move to a cozier spot to talk to her and watch the rest of the festivities. If not, he would back down and find a quiet corner to hide in until the party was over. Katsumi wanted Celeste to see something in him other than a liar or terrorist, but he wouldn’t force her if she didn’t want to.

Lonely Spirit

User Image

“I would like to see anyone, prophet, king, or God, convince a thousand cats to do the same thing at the same time.”

Thoughts:

{M}
aeva requested Philip turn so she could see all sides of his costume. He took a quick spin, letting a spiral of electricity harmlessly go down as he did so. Maeva let a rare smile loose, and then told him that he was to refrain from giving everyone a shock as he was wont to do, the undertone of order made it all the more desirable an idea to do exactly the opposite. He would do as he was told, though it was such an encompassing in meaning, it was too simple in verbal to cover even the beginnings of the ideas he had. It was then that the lemon walked in.

{P}hilip’s new co-worker trudged in, showing that he clearly didn’t have a fondness for the holiday. He probably didn’t truly enjoy anything. Well… anything other than getting beaten that was. If he didn’t, than the man would have just left already. It was no matter. After he stated he wouldn’t be partaking in his mistress’ favorite holiday, Maeva informed Philip that he was to wait in the other room. Philip smiled at Katsumi, his eyes never leaving the failure’s face as he walked around the corner. He stopped and turned around, peeping his head just around the corner so he could watch.

{M}aeva began to give him a reaming that no one would have thought to be what it was; Philip had quickly learned otherwise. The witch was controlling, demanding, and dangerous. To top it all off, she was quite the fox. He knew he had picked quite the opponent for his unspoken game. Maeva then mentioned Katsumi’s lady friend. Philip’s smile grew from there. He couldn’t wait to meet his favorite co-worker’s girlfriend and show her just what was so great about Kat. As Katsumi put on his costume in an amulet, Philip walked out, his smile betraying his intentions. Maeva gave them one last instruction to stay out of trouble and sent them off. Philip waited until they had made it out the door.

{K}atsumi stood at the door just long enough for Philip to catch up; perhaps he had wanted to say something to Philip, but he should have just kept walking. Philip used the moment to give Kat a quick jolt and used his shoulder to shove past the Asian. He began to chant his newest song as he walked away, knowing the supposed assassin wouldn’t have the guts to reciprocate, ”Kitty-Kat’s got a girlfriend. Kitty-Kat’s got a girlfriend. Kitty-Kat’s got a girlfriend.”

{T}he electro-kinetic walked into the party, looking at all the partying. This was going to be exciting, and his arrival would only make it more so. Apparently, the party’s host had just finished making an announcement as everyone was clapping as one of the city’s most privileged members stepped down from the stage. Philip rolled his eyes; his annoyance faded instantly. He saw the one who he had really hoped to show his costume to before the night ended. He was standing next to a very fancy vampire, as well as a few others. He walked over and inserted himself between the vampire and the mad scientist, draping his arms over their shoulders and said, “I would love to watch you show your stuff on the dance floor.” Philip turned his head to look at the mad scientist and asked, ”Did you ever find your watch? I hated to see you had lost it.”
User Image

Eyes huge, so little left if something
Cracks and clues, he’s crazy as a straw
Why denied, does no one care or nothing
How, you ask, I ever last so long

Cause I, I went blind, a blinding riot
He’s regretting every word
Those empty lies
One more tonight, a blinding riot
As I summon every nerve

Thoughts: Great night for a party

The DJ moved his hands over the braille labeled controls in front of him. The party was going well, but it would have been nothing without the music. Geraldo seemed to spare no expense, DJ included. Mokin was one of the top DJs in Tokyo. Since his contracts brought in no money, only information, he needed a way to afford his equipment. Just a few club appearances a year paid for clothing, food, plane tickets, ammo, and other various odds and ends. Geraldo obviously hadn't recognized him from the Challenger base either. Or, he didn't care. One of the two. Mokin assumed it was the first, as Geraldo was completely focused on Jenny and more than likely never caught wind that another prisoner was even there. It didn't matter. Geraldo knew how to spend money, and sending someone to hire a famous DJ from Tokyo, who just so happened to be spending time in London was the best way to do it. Of course, he didn't go by Mokin. His DJ alias? Ongaku kyōshi. In english: Music Master.

He was using braille because he couldn't see the equipment. This didn't mean he couldn't see at all. Karuma was perched upon a wire outside, looking in. She rarely attended his gigs, but this was different. She was trying to make sure he would be safe. This party had Challenger invites attached, and though one had set them free, Karuma wasn't sure they were going to keep it that way. Some of the Challengers had arrived, swarming in with Celeste at the reins, almost like a chaperone. Mokin prepared himself. The current song was ending and Geraldo had specified that the music should die down about this time. Well... he had actually paid someone to tell Mokin what he wanted done. Some... event coordinator. Mokin let the music fade out, receiving an applause. Everyone seemed to calm themselves as their attention was directed to Geraldo. The tycoon voiced his appreciation, then revved the crowd of people for the next song. Geraldo told him to 'hit it', so that was exactly what Mokin did. The music roared. Many began jumping and dancing to the beat. Others continued previous interaction. Mokin's head bounced as a few choice members in the crowd praised him. His attention was suddenly caught by Karuma. A mannequin was rolled into the lobby, followed by Jenny. The girl of the night had arrived and Mokin's focus needed to be on the DJ booth. His hands continued to move over the booth, but the music wasn't changing... yet. He was setting up the playlist for Geraldo's... special night. Once the last song faded away, Mokin hushed the crowd through his microphone headset. His voice was fed through a synthesizer, causing the shush to reverberate and echo creepily throughout the lobby. It fell dead silent. Fog machines on either side of the DJ booth were flipped on and the playlist began. Next on the list; Thriller. It wouldn't be a halloween party without some Michael Jackson mixed in. This was known to all and it was apparent as people cheered. This party was just beginning.

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image

Okay, so everyone got the memo at the same time, as the living room went from three people to damn near the entire team. JC just blinked slowly and drank from his water bottle as he took in the different costumes. Darren and Aria arrived, one in hero costume and the other in a long trenchcoat to obscure her outfit. Elani was a southern belle vampire, likely from the Tru Blood show that was so popular these days. Tina was,,, likely from Mass Effect and dressed up as FemShep. There was no missing Amanda being Merida from Brave. Darren made his way over to JC just in time to observe Sheera coming in... wow, that was going to turn a few heads. Especially some of the more infatuated members. JC could see Darren decidedly not looking at Sheera... and Aria glaring.

Jesus, could they not have any drama? For one ******** day? That was why he tried to take full patrol duties on Halloween, so everyone could relax. Nooo, they had to have their pett- no. No, now was not the time to focus on his anger. Breathe in, breathe out. Drink the water. Distraction came in the form of Sheera. She told him to make sure he took the time to see his girlfriend. JC nodded at her in understanding.

Yes, he knew he needed to see her. But... could he? Could he really see her tonight? He would love to, there as no denying that. It was going to be a hell of a day and just seeing her would make it all better and worth it... but could he put that burden on her? He hated to share his burdens and problems with others, so even when it helped he tended to stay bottled up. He didn't want to lose Chi because he couldn't handle his business.

It was about this time that Sheera left and Aria squealed over Kayleb's outfit, revealing she was dressed as the tenth doctor, who was of course the best doctor. JC had started watching Doctor Who in Detroit, and enjoyed the show. It was one of the few shows in which the action was both believable and crazier than his own life. That combination didn't occur very often. He loved comedies but also enjoyed action flicks if they could distract him well enough.

Celeste echoed Sheera's statement, before whisking away everyone to the party, leaving just JC and the happy couple in the living room. "Well, Doctor, what are your plans until I give him back to you tonight?" JC asked. They continued to chat for a bit until JC and Darren realized they could put it off no longer. It was time to go out on patrol, so they bid Aria goodnight and headed out of the base.

Fifteen minutes later, JC was handing over a ***** to the police; they caught the scum trying to kidnap a little girl who was trick or treating. The man was conscious, but just barely... JC and Darren didn't take kindly to this sort of thing. In order to make the little girl happier, both had signed her costume, which was a little Drift costume. JC even gave her a small silver star badge, with 'Challengers' Deputy' written on it. Though the girl's mom was still understandably shaken, the little girl was giggling and smiling once more, which mean the mom would be smiling soon enough.

"I know you've had a hard day ma'am. Please, let us know if there is any way we can help." JC assured her. She had tears in her eyes and embraced him tightly, as her little girl did the same to Darren. Both heroes returned the hugs for as long as was needed, unaware of the pictures being taken. This was definitely going to be quite the good front page story the next day, something heartwarming that the people could really use. It was good for JC and Darren as well, because they soon were back patrolling, smiles on their faces. "I know it could have ended badly... but dude... the gratitude... seeing the mom's happiness... that's gonna help keep me going tonight." JC told Darren as they hopped rooftops.

"So, care to fill me in on why I have so many messages by the way? Clearly s**t happened, I want your side bro." JC told Darren, not looking over as they continued to run. They could run and talk without having to turn and see each other. It was awkward at first, but after years of doing this, they had perfected it. Not to mention this was the perfect time for them to discuss this. Nobody else was around, and they were not likely to be interrupted... so it was now or never.
User Image

J U N I O R xxx W H I T F I E L D

"Elektro"

Jr stood in the living room next to Kayleb who agreed on letting him join them to the party, that was good. He really liked Kayleb's costume. it was extremely suited and something he was very impressed by. That and Celeste Good Witch costume was spot on as well. He gave a little smile to them and stood quietly as one by one more of the team assembled into the base. Sheera, Aria, Darren, JC, and more. He listened carefully as Darren made fun of him about his costume and the fact that mere moments before one of his devices blew up. It was true, he certainly did play the part.

As everyone socialized he seemed to keep to himself for once. It wasn't that he was really shy, it was that he had so much on his mind still. The so much being Surge. He quickly refocused as he lost track and everyone stated they were ready. Moments passed and they were walking after being flash traveled by Celeste, it gave them some walking and mingling time, but yet again Jr was too himself. He smiled as people walked up to Kayleb asking to take pictures with him, his costume was amazing and the idea of him playing a stature to scare people was just hilarious.

They had finally arrived at the party and his eyes lit up, it was amazing! He looked as tons of people in costumes were walking around socializing. THis was definitely something he wasn't expecting. He smiled as he stood next to Elani and heard the host speak, following the others intentions he clapped, the speech was great and it turned to everyone. It was Halloween, and it was time to have fun, not worry about some silly crazed lunatic, that could wait till tomorrow. He watched as a man offered Champagne to Celeste to get her attention, it seemed as if he knew her already. No matter, he stood quietly with the group a little nervous but definitely wanting to explore as music played throughout the venue. He turned his attention to the dance floor. The place was awesome, no way could he think about Sur..- A bone chilling, very familiar voice rang in his ears as he felt a arm on his shoulder...'No no no no no no no no no.' the same word echoing his head only to turn around. It was a man in an Elektro costume, but he could tell by the body posture it was him. Anyone who knew Jr could tell his very demeanor changed. It was clear that he was both nervous and scared. His focus changed as he realized the mad man was asking him about his watch.

"I..I.. I don't know what your talking about." he stuttered nervously. He quickly shrugged his shoulder breaking free from the crazy persons touch. He looked at Elani, they couldn't do anything here. It wasn't the time or the place, he had to get out of the area, or at least away from him. He wanted to have one day, one day of peace. He took a deep breathe and smiled at the rest of the gang, Kayleb was busy tricking people and Elani seemed confused about the situation. "I'm gonna go get some fresh air, I kind of want to explore." he glared at Surge, he only hoped the crazy guy wouldn't follow him. But we all know, that if he wen't out of his way to dress like his hero costume, then he obviously was expecting to see me. Jr quickly walked through the crowd, he took a water bottle from a gorilla and thanked him. He reached the patio area of the party. A few people socializing to escape the music from inside, of course it could still be heard but not as loud. He took a deep breathe of the London fall air. "Not even a day." he sighed as he leaned against the a wall.

"Located:Room>>Living Room??PartyMood:Nervous and stressed. Thoughts:So much for a fun night...

Demonic_Werewolf94

Teigan

Orojed13

Kaun_Angelfire

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image

Well his comment about 'knowing' certainly seemed to land, just as he had hoped. Her reaction was subtle, but because he was looking for it he noticed it quite easily. She was a bear being poked, and either she would start poking back or maul him. He was quite interested to see which reaction would win out. He actually had a bet back at the office about how his next meeting with her would go; Declan figured more anger. Zephyr knew their was more to her, he figured out something from their fight... this girl was intriguing and so much fun to mess with. She wasn't the only one who had to hold back a lot.

The next comment he made about her costume causing nosebleeds was nearly a knockout blow; she blushed and turned away to try and compose herself. Points for him, this was definitely going to be quite the fun day, even if he only got to mess with her for the afternoon. He had no reason to fight her, and wasn't looking for any aggression. What he wanted was a more verbal fight that physical.

Her shadow shifted into a large snake that coiled up and hissed at him before sinking back into her body... good sign. Sure enough, when she faced him again, the blush was a lot less noticeable. She stumbled through her words a bit, before turning on the offensive and snapping back with characteristic venom in her words. That was the Sheera he wanted to talk to.

"What makes me think I give nosebleeds? Well I've noticed your eyes as much as you noticed mine. That and I had about twenty ten pound notes stuff in this mankini as I walked down the street. Want to see who could earn more?" he fired back with a smile. It had been an awkward walk over here to say the least, but it definitely made him laugh. Sheera had other things in mind than doing a contest... well, that contest anyways.

She poured four shots, pushing two towards him and challenging him to a drinking contest, asking him if he thought a Spartan could hold it as well as the Devil.

"I think precious few people could match you, save for perhaps your little alcoholic Scot. I'm game though." he said, holding up the shot to her before tossing it down the hatch. What followed in the next ten minutes was enough alcohol to drop lightweights, and intoxicate even moderate drinkers. They finished the bottle, each one enjoying a pleasant buzz... she was even smiling.

"I know just the spot to get some more, time for a change of scenery." Zephyr said, clicking his hands and turning them both into wind. In no time at all, they were seated, table and all, atop the newly fixed Stonehenge, a new bottle of vodka next to the shot glasses. "Looks like the repairman did good work here. I'll have to thank him." he said, pouring the next set of shots and handing some over.

"So, what exactly do you tend to do on Halloween? All of your friends are off at some fancy party, but I don't see that as your style. What is a typical Halloween for you, when you are not drinking with a devilishly handsome warrior?" he asked, laughing at the end to show he was joking..

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image

Jenny Walker

Jenny resisted the urge to roll her eyes and instead chuckled lightly at Geraldo's remarks. He was trying so hard it made her feel a bit sad. Sure, he was a cocky jackass, but he did seem nice enough beneath all the show and flourish. If he could tone it down, this would potentially be a nice evening... ending with him missing a lot of possessions. He did offer his arm out to her, which she took so she could be paraded around.

Only that didn't happen.

As Thriller began to rock the venue, he gave her a tour of the party, asking questions about her in between discussing the bits of the party. There is was again. His more boorish side was showing off, discussing the goings on of the party he started, but his nice side was asking her about her holiday. It was a nice change. Jenny worked for many rich clients, and nearly all had the same attitudes. While she could easily play the productive and ever professional assistant, it was nice to not have to pretend. One reason why working for Rotor and Jack appealed to her was they were not snobby, despite the money they could pay her.

Geraldo though seemed to have a chance at being a decent human being, if he could only reign himself in. "So, Mr. Green, back from the dead is it? Care to share your tale of rejoining the land of the living?" she asked as he pointed out the famous Japanese DJ he had hired. She looked over at the DJ and nodded slightly before she returned her focus to her host. As he spoke, she listened intently; she was a great listener after all.

When he had finished, she smiled and asked him another question, though one she knew the answer to. "Were those your friends from before? I would like to offer my gratitude to Glinda for the clothing from the previous day." she explained. She did not have the clothing with her to return it, but made a mental note to do so as soon as possible... not that it would be an easy thing to pull off. One didn't simply stroll into Hero bases after all.

Dapper Shapeshifter

12,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

User Image

<”Thank you. It took me a few hours to get everything just perfect. It’s a creature from a film these humans are fond of making to pass their time. I thought it fitting, as the film was called Alien.”> Novik clicked as he tried to smile, but that kind of facial movement was not possible with this current form. All he’d managed to do was draw back his lips a bit to better reveal the silvery fangs that lined his mouth. <"I enjoy the look of your costume my friend. You’ve captured the look of a werewolf perfectly. The only thing that could make it better, is if you got a bit of dirt and red paint to simulate blood.”>

The talk continued as the pair headed off, down the street and towards where the teleporting human had told Igasho the party was located. Along the way, the pair worked on their small talk before such pleasantries tapered away. There was only so much small talk two aliens could manage about this world that was alien to them. Soon the conversation moved more towards what Novik had promised to help Igasho with the day before. Being a guide to this world.. the outsiders view of it anyways. <”From my understanding of the holiday… It’s not so much about scaring and being scared. I think it’s more about not being ones-self for a day, to let your imagination run free and not worry about what others think. The scaring just seems to be a by-product of the recent history of wearing costumes for the evening.”>

<”My personal attraction to this holiday is, well it’s the first human holiday I’ve been here to celebrate, and I don’t have to walk around as one of them for the night.”> He would have stopped speaking there, but he realized that could have sounded incredibly rude, <”That’s not to say I hate having to appear as one; It’s just hard having to keep up the look for so terribly long. Even in their base, I must keep my human façade. They don’t say anything, but they are uncomfortable with my natural appearance; A few are even frightened by it. And I can’t use my natural appearance, even for this night of costumes and monsters.”> He didn’t go into explaining why he couldn’t be himself for just this one night. And he hoped Igasho wouldn’t question him on it. He was uncomfortable with the reasonings why, which was largely to do with this planets governments and fear.

They spoke some more of the holiday, though they couldn’t really keep a conversation going anymore due to the high number of people stopping them to get pictures of their ‘amazing costumes’. Many comments were given of ‘You two look so real’ and ‘must have taken you months to make those’. Novik didn’t mind being stopped. He actually enjoyed interacting with the humans and taking pictures, though he never once spoke. Mostly because they wouldn’t be able to understand him; and a bit because it would likely scare the living daylights out of them.

Eventually, the pair reached the party that they had been told of, after a quick stop to find something to help Igasho look as though he had ripped someone’s throat out earlier in the night. They paused momentarily to look at the long queue infront of the building in which the party was being held. But, both being aliens, neither understood why the humans were just standing about outside, so they just strode straight up to the door and headed inside. No one tried to stop them, as they were all awestruck with how incredibly amazing the pair’s ‘costumes’ were. <”I’ve never been to a human party before. I’m unsure of social stipulations in this environment…”>

User Image

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
User Image

User Image

Mr. Sin had eaten the massive barbeque sandwich and the accompanying side of onion rings in record time, without disturbing his makeup as well. Now for hunting down that energy drink he had been contemplating…

Two hours later, he was sitting, finally awake and in his full costume with his feet up on a battered wooden table. It was in an empty apartment he was renting in a rough spot of town for the lone purpose of holding meetings. The place was fully furnished, albeit a bit cheaply. Why waste money on a place that might be discovered by an unfriendly group? He had assembled the top three candidates for second-in-command, although none of them seemed to have realized it yet. Frank, or rather Francis, was the one who spoke first. “Why did you call us here boss, I mean, it’s nice to see you and all, but-” Mr. Sin cut him off with a lazy wave of his hand. “I just want to have some fun, and I thought that you all would enjoy it as well.” A slip of paper detailing the event was drawn from the depths of his suit jacket. How long it was supposed to run, location, even “Now, let’s get going. I’ve heard the place is already in full swing. Should be easy to sneak in.” The four criminals smiled at the thought of an evening spent reveling, even if they weren’t going to cause trouble tonight, it was certainly going to be fun.

Soon, he and his men were sitting at one of the tables, talking and drinking while others took to the dance floor. They had missed the announcement by the host, not any of them really cared, least of all Sin. Scantily clad women were a dime a dozen, drinks were free; the music wasn’t too bad although he wasn’t the biggest fan of Japanese music. Lowe had gotten incredibly tipsy in the short amount of time they had been there and was currently trying to entice any female who walked within ten feet of them to join them. It was not going particularly well for him. Sin was content with simply sitting here for the rest of the night, sucking down booze and enjoying the rush from the massive amount of people living it up. His costume was relatively simple compared to some here, just a black pin-striped suit with a little pin of two crossed scythes behind and empty hourglass on the lapel, and of course the skeletal makeup. How many people would get that he was Death personified for the night he didn’t know, but it was another detail he didn’t care about.
                                    His shot glass hit the table, empty, before his other hand snagged a glass of ice water and he started sipping on that. He would like to remain sober to a point, and in his opinion, it was still far too early to be making a fool of himself in public. His dark eyes scanned the throbbing crowd for something… A distraction from the idiocy of his underlings for sure. Lowe was now calling at a blonde woman dressed in… And he could not believe that this was a thing… A sexy Olaf from Frozen. Sin rubbed at his temples in a near perfect reenactment of one of Scar’s more famous (from the Lion King) moments.

I am surrounded by idiots.

At least Francis was smart enough to not join in Lowe’s stupidity, Bruce on the other hand… He really needed to find more competent people if he was going to get anything near success. So he sat, and drank his water, waiting for something to catch his eye.

With: His flunkies, any party-goers
      Feeling: Anticipant
      OOC: I don't even know who is at the party anymore, I really can't quote all of you. Sorry.

Demonic_Werewolf94
      Quote:
      Quote:

Lonely Spirit

User Image

“It's a kind of spiritual snobbery that makes people think they can be happy without money.” Albert Camus

{G}eraldo smiled as Jenny looped her arm through his. He began walking as the song Thriller started to play. Most of the crowd made it to the dance floor quickly, giving Geraldo plenty of room to show Jenny around. In between the things he wanted to show off like the diamond chandeliers, the jack o’lantern lamps, among other wonderful displays of wealth, Geraldo questioned Jenny’s enjoyment of her night so far. He wanted to know what parts she enjoyed, what parts she didn’t like, what she had done before, and why a vampire hunter. He talked to her about the thing that took up all of his attention, her. He could think of no other time in his life that something had taken more focus than himself, but sure enough, he could think of nothing other than Jenny at the moment.

{A}About the time he was explaining just how famous the DJ was, Jenny asked about the tale of Geraldo’s returning from the “dead.” Geraldo stopped in his tracks. It was a private thing that only two other people knew about. He didn’t know what it was about her, but Jenny’s request hit certain spot in Geraldo; he had the urge to tell someone, to be seen as something other than the person that everyone hated on the outside. He lead Jenny outside to the patio, making sure to take the opposite side as the only other person outside.

{A} deep sigh escaped Geraldo’s lips. He gestured at the sun that was just starting its decline and said, ”I once was one with the light. I used to be The Shimmer, defender of the weak, hope of the hopeless.” He turned to face Jenny, a look of someone who had lost all they cared about in his eyes. He then continued, ”This is how I lost the greatest possession I’ve ever had.”

{I}t was several years ago. I was at the top of my game, a beacon in the night. I helped those that couldn’t help themselves, and I was good at it. Every time I went out on a mission, I would learn new tricks, new strategies. I used to only be able to teleport, but I learned to control my powers to form fireable lasers. I even pushed myself to be able to hold those lasers as weapons for long periods of time. I was truly powerful. At that time, I fought against Sid. He was the boogey-man of meta tales, but I would face off against him every time the world needed me to. I was lucky to have allies like Terron and Sol that fought by my side when I needed them. This day was one that I needed them badly, but they were too far away to wait. I told them that I would slow Sid down until one of them could make it there to provide me with much needed support. I wonder every day if I might the right choice by going ahead alone, but if I hadn’t, many, many people would have died. I suppose that there hadn't been any other real option.

{I} flashed onto the scene as usual, it was Time Square in New York. There were so many people there, locked in at rush hour. I made sure the fleeing people saw me; it gave them hope that the day was saved to see a hero making an entrance. I had been called out specifically by the mad-man, but I walked into the trap anyways. I found him standing over a police officer; he was about to finish him off when I called out, "You would think with your affinity for changing things, you could change your ways after the last beating I gave you." With that, the fight was on. We started with the usual trades, impossible things flying through the air, last moment dodges, lasers flying about, shields of mirror being created. It continued on for a while until I started to gain the upper-hand.

{S}id had thrown a paperclip that was changing into a truck; it was one of his favorites moves because no matter how many times you had seen it, the sight of a ten ton semi appearing out of nowhere and flying at you is enough to scare anyone. I waited though as it came, timing my move perfectly. At the last moment, I rolled to the side, reaching my hand out and touching the truck as it barely missed me; the entire thing changed into light and flew around me, heading right back for its creator. I changed it back midflight, the truck now full and solid heading at Sid. He changed it into confetti just as it was about to crush him. The little pieces of colored paper flew everywhere, the madman stood with his hand held high, his thumb and forefinger pressed together. I didn't have time to get to him and take him away, so I did the impossible.

{N}ever before had I changed more than a handful of people and their things before, but now I had to do something truly miraculous if I was to save everyone. My power flowed out from me into the ground. As fast as the speed of light, I wove my power into every car and the pavement between them in that square, avoiding the people within them. It felt like every fiber of my being was being torn apart, but I persisted through the pain of breaking my limits. As Sid's fingers moved, the entire plaza disappeared in a flash of light, appearing over the Hudson river. The sight of the explosion as it reappeared lit up the streets for a few seconds.

{I} fell to my knees, aware of my very essence leaving me. It took the last of my power to draw the pieces back in. It was a futile move as Sid stood there, out of breath, but still on his feet. He began walking towards me, and I had met my end. Saving those people had cost me my life, but I was okay with it at that point. Then, my miracle was repaid as a wall of stone appeared between me and Sid. I looked up to see Terron fly over and past me. As he flew away, chasing Sid I'm sure, I felt a hand grab my shoulder. I turned around to see Sol standing over me, a smile on his face. He must have seen the light particles breaking out of my control and drifting away because his face turned to horror.

{I} realized then that if I continued to use my powers, I would simply fade away. As a hero I was finished, but I couldn't let anyone see me in this state. What would the people have thought if they knew that one of the world's most powerful heroes was no longer able to help them? How much hope would they lose if they knew that the boogeyman had broken The Shimmer? I felt that if they thought I had given my life instead, they would treat my name as a legend to cling to at night, like the stories you hear of soldiers that lost their lives in the wars. You felt pride for them, but feared becoming like the cripples that came home. I asked Sol to tell every that I had faded out, and I teleported one last time. I appeared in my home, on the sofa, bleeding. The skin had just vanished, and my butler, Old Ben, nursed me back from death's door. It was then that I moved to Japan. It was the hub of my worldwide holdings and no one would look for me there. I left behind everyone that I saw as friends so that the world could still have The Shimmer be their hero instead of an example of why you don't do your best. I paid for those people's lives with a price much higher than my own. I gave up the thing that allowed me to be more than just rich, I gave up my light.

{G}eraldo came back to the here and now, leaning over the rail that separated the patio from the street; a single tear escaped his eye, falling as a silent tribute to what he had given up. He wanted his powers back so badly, but if he had a second chance that day, he would have done the same thing all over again. Geraldo tried to discreetly wipe away the tear on his face before turning to Jenny. He started to say something, but a once in a life time occurrence had happened again. He had nothing more to say.

[ooc: Sorry for the lengthiness, but I felt it was time to tell the story.]

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
      • Battle: KO 200
      • Battle: Rogue 100
      • Battle: Counterstrike 150
      User ImageCELESTE SOLSTICE
      XXxa.k.a. Luxx

Their host made his appearance, smiling brightly at her as he said, ”I’m so happy to see you made it. I didn’t know if your friends and you would be busy helping keep things peaceful. You’re costume really shows your true nature.” Celeste smiled back in response and told him, "Thank you very much Mr. Geraldo; we greatly appreciate the invitation to your party. It looks fantastic." His attention was drawn to Kayleb, who looked even more like a stone statue in this poor lighting, and he said, ”I said to move the stonework to the cor…” It was then that their little angel decided to move, taking his hands away from his face and opening his eyes, which caused Geraldo to jump back into a fighting stance and put his hand to the hilt of a non-existent weapon. One their host realized that it was another member of their team and not a statue that had inexplicably come to life, he relaxed and chuckled, ”You startled me. That is so realistic; who did the painting?” Before anyone could give an answer, the current song ended and one of Geraldo’s staff came up to him and whispered something into his ear. Geraldo looked back at them and said , ”I’m sorry, but it appears it’s time for me to give a few words. Have to please the people.” Celeste nodded, giving him a smile as he left them and headed up to the stage, where he was handed a microphone. With the microphone in hand, Geraldo began to speak to those gathered in the room, “Thank you all for coming to my party. I am so happy to see everyone having a good time. It seems almost appropriate that we celebrate my ghost returning to the land of the living on this most spiritual of holidays. Now, I give you a taste of the enjoyment I had in my land of exile. Hit it DJ!” The music kicked back on and those gathered began to dance with fervor. Celeste almost expected Geraldo to come rejoin them but it seemed that he had seen someone else that he knew and went to go speak with them instead. Elani said, "Nice speech. Now shall we roam and mingle or perhaps show off our moves on the dance floor? Of course, scaring the living daylight out of people by playing a certain moving statue is always an option." This was accompanied by a wink. Celeste gave a soft smile, "I'm going to mingle a bit; there are many excellent costumes here and I'd love to be able to see them all." Kayleb, it seemed, had decided to stick close to her and so the pair of them made their way across the room, skirting the edge of the crowd in order to make sure they didn't bump into anyone, and in short order, Kayleb was set up in a corner, looking like the perfect statue, and Celeste wasn't too far away, watching him as he prepared to scare a couple who had decided to take a look around the decorations. He was enjoying himself so much already and the night hadn't even really started; hopefully Aria and Darren would join them soon so that people could get pictures with the Weeping Angel and the Tenth Doctor. It was sure to be an enjoyable night.

“Whoever helped him with his costume did an amazing job. You can’t even tell he isn’t actual stone until you’re right on top of him.”

Celeste turned to thank whoever had said the compliment, only to have her eyes fall on Katsumi. Her smile fell almost instantly. What was he doing here? He had some nerve, coming up to her in such a manner... He was even holding out a glass of champagne for her. As though sensing how unhappy she was with his appearance at the party - and in a costume that matched her own as well, the audacity! - he quickly added, “I know you aren’t happy with me. I know I did something that was abysmal in your eyes. I wanted to apologize and set things right. Please, just give me tonight to prove myself to be a better person than you think I am. Pretend for just one night that the only meeting we had was in the alleyway.” He was holding that glass of champagne out as though it was his life-line. If she took it, he was saved. If she declined, he would sink. He wanted to apologize. Apologize for taking hostages? Did he really thinking that she could just forgive him for taking hostages, innocent people, and rigging them and the warehouse with bombs before laying in wait for the Challengers to arrive? Katsumi was damn lucky that she was the only one who knew what he looked like; no one else on the team knew who the King's Blade was, only she did, and it was because of this that he was not on the floor, bound in handcuffs. Had it been Sheera in this position, he would have been floored with an uppercut strong enough to break his jaw the second he showed his face to her... But that wasn't how Celeste worked. She'd never been as aggressive as her best friend had been. What could it hurt to listen to what he had to say...? If he tried anything that put anyone here in any kind of danger, she could easily take him down and restrain him until someone else from the team showed up to take him into custody; it had already been shown that she was more powerful than her slim body gave off. "I painted him," she said finally, gesturing towards Kayleb, who had moved positions to scare someone else. Celeste took a breath and reached out, taking the glass of champagne from Katsumi. "I'd like to know how you're going to justify what you did," she told him, slim fingers wrapping around the stem of the glass. "It's not exactly something that's easy to brush to the side. I though you were a nice guy, Katsumi but now that I see what you do when you're not out saving 'helpless' girls from thugs... I can see that you're not the nice guy that you appear to be. Unless you can somehow explain away what happened yesterday?" She almost wished that he could. Why couldn't she meet guys who were normal? Why couldn't she find a person who led a normal life, like JC had found in his girlfriend? Celeste sighed. 'I will give you a chance, Katsumi. Just. one. Chance to prove me wrong." The guys would kill her if they knew what she was doing. She shouldn't be doing this. She should arrest him... But she wasn't going to. Even though she was sure that he knew she could. "Do you want to find find somewhere to talk?" she asked him, taking a sip of the champagne; she didn't often drink the bubbly alcohol but it had a nice taste to it. Maybe a little alcohol would even make this night a bit easier on her nerves...

Every moment of LIGHT and DARK is a miracle

Tegian
      Orojed13
      Roskuel
      ooc:

Lonely Spirit

Standing there, holding his breath with the glass of champagne out, Katsumi’s eyes were solely for Celeste. Her face didn’t look promising; the frown only began to deepen as she stood there thinking for what felt like an eternity of torment. Katsumi could feel his muscles preparing to just escape, flee the pain she was about to give. How could he have ever thought that he could apologize and make things right? Just as he moved his foot to take the first step back to his life of loneliness, Celeste stated that she painted the statue, grabbing the glass of champagne. All at once, the world began flying forward at its breakneck pace again.

The Asian listened as Celeste spoke, taking in every word, her tone of voice, the way she positioned herself. She asked if he would like to find somewhere more private to talk and took of a drink of the champagne. Katsumi asked if she could get them to the roof. He didn’t want to go anywhere near the front door and face the torments of Philip, and he wasn’t ready to face Geraldo outside yet. She nodded and they stepped around the corner that lead to the restrooms; a moment later, they stood on the roof. She stood there, champagne glass in one hand, waiting for him to explain himself.

Katsumi took a step away and took a deep breath to gather himself. He hadn’t planned on making it this far and so hadn’t rehearsed what he was going to say; truthfully, he had expected Celeste to give him a face full of champagne. Now she stood there, as beautiful as the first moment he saw her even with the disappointment on her face. It was now or never.

Pacing a step or two, Katsumi said to Celeste, “I’m not going to try and explain away the hostage taking; I have no way to justify that action. The fact that I picked grown men that had been given a fighting chance to keep from being taken is of no interest to you. What I did was wrong, even for a time of war. I made a mistake in choosing to take prisoners to make my statement. If it makes any difference whatsoever, I never planned on hurting them. I knew those men would be saved at the last moment.”

Katsumi stopped for a moment as though to decide how much to say, finally walking over to the edge of the roof and looking out. He gestured for Celeste to come over and waited for her to look out before saying, “Do you see this town? You’ve been here long enough to know how riddled with crime London is; it’s like a disease that is slowly rotting this city from the inside out. I want to make a difference and help this place become a much purer place. I want to be able to cleanse the city so I can find a place that is home. I’ve been searching for a purpose and I recently found one that would allow me to do something good for not just this city or country, but for the world. The actions I have to take can seem extreme, but I hope that the ends will justify the means. I can’t tell you anymore, but I promise that I am just trying to make this city a safer place for everyone.”

The man stood, looking at his possible savior, waiting for her verdict. Would she understand and give him the pardon he sought, or would she feel that, regardless of intentions, he was truly an evil creature that could not be saved?

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
      User Image
      User Image

The Russian rolled her eyes as the wind-manipulator said, "What makes me think I give nosebleeds? Well I've noticed your eyes as much as you noticed mine. That and I had about twenty ten pound notes stuff in this mankini as I walked down the street. Want to see who could earn more?" Her eyebrow arched upwards. A contest to see who could entice more half-drunk morons? Judging by their respective costumes... It would likely be a tie. There were a lot of half-drunk men and women wandering the streets - or there would be, as the sun went down - and so it was likely that they'd both do very well... Not that it was a contest she'd be interested in having. At her offer for a drinking contest, Zephyr said, "I think precious few people could match you, save for perhaps your little alcoholic Scot. I'm game though." He held his shot up to hers before tossing it back. What followed in the next ten minutes would have floored lightweights and intoxicated moderate drinkers but they merely finished the bottle and were enjoying a pleasant buzz... Sheera was even smiling a little. She held up the empty bottle, a bit disappointed that it was gone already, and she wondered if she had another bottle down in the freezer... Then Zephyr said, "I know just the spot to get some more, time for a change of scenery." Before she realized what was happening, he'd turned them both into wind and relocated them somewhere else, where they were seated at a table with chairs, a new bottle of vodka and shot glasses resting atop the table... And they were on top of Stonehenge. It was fixed? When had that...? "Looks like the repairman did good work here. I'll have to thank him," he said conversationally, pouring the next round of shots and sliding her portion over. Sheera stared at him and then at the newly repaired stones they were now sitting on. It was fixed. But... It'd been completely demolished by their fight. It'd been all over the news and the newspapers and tabloids and the internet; Novik had been disappointed because everyone was blaming it on aliens when it had been her fault... Well, hers and Zephyr's but she was the one who had allowed it to go so far. " 'e did good job..." she agreed, still a bit awestruck that it had been fixed. Who on Earth could have that kind of power... Oh. Duh. Terron. He must have been in the city while she'd been out of commission.

"So, what exactly do you tend to do on Halloween? All of your friends are off at some fancy party, but I don't see that as your style. What is a typical Halloween for you, when you are not drinking with a devilishly handsome warrior?" He laughed at the end to show he was joking and Sheera couldn't help but think that he was quite charming when he wasn't trying to kill her. She took one of the shots and tossed it back, setting it back down on the table before saying, "I party." At the look he gave her, Sheera smirked, " 'vhat? You 'zhink am incapable?" Another shot went down and she continued, " 'alloween is favorite 'oliday; I dress up und party und drink. 'vas 'zhinking of going to rich man's party later... 'vhen could 'andle crowds." Which meant after drinking quite a lot so that she was in a better mood and less likely to break someones jaw or face for looking at her funny... Or just for staring in general. For some reason people always stared at her when she went out. It was how bar fights were started when she was around. Well, the one that she'd been in before had been started by a man being a bit to bold and putting his hand on her upper thigh. " 'vhat you do for Halloween, 'vhen not drinking 'vit 'zhe Devil?" Sheera asked him, smirking to show that she was poking a bit of fun at him. She was still incredibly uncomfortable around him, for obvious reasons, but he'd had a perfect chance to attack her and yet he hadn't. Instead they'd begun to drink. Sheera was feeling distinctly buzzed and could even, hesitantly, say that she was beginning to enjoy herself a little bit. All of her worries were melting away and even though she knew they'd come back with a vengeance tomorrow - and possibly a raging hangover if they continued on at this rate - she didn't rightly care. For once, she was actually enjoying herself on her day off and now that the tension had finally rolled off her shoulders... She was almost thankful for his appearance. Almost. Not that she'd ever say such a thing to him, the cocky b*****d would let it go straight to his head; his ego would need it's own zipcode. She blinked and realized that it seemed to have gotten dark... Where had the time gone. The second bottle of vodka was empty and she was now feeling more than just a little buzzed... Time to head to the party. She stood, surprisingly steady on those heels of hers, and said, " 'as been fun but am leaving now; 'av party to attend. By 'zhe 'vay... You look bit cold, may 'vant put more clothes on." She smirked and then vanished in a swirl of darkness. She reappeared in front of One Aldwych and almost snorted; leave it to a rich snob to go overboard with something like a Halloween party. At any rate, she was sure that there was going to be some fun to be had, not to mention a bar, so she strode inside. People parted for her as she moved across the floor, coming to a stop at the bar and rapping her knuckles against the counter and ordering an Irish Car-Bomb, leaning her pitchfork against the bar while she waited for her drink. It was quite obvious to anyone that she was dressed as the Devil and she was drawing quite a few looks. The bartender set the glass of Guinness in front of her and set the shot glass down to pour the Bailey's and Jameson into it before dropping it into the beer; Sheera picked up the glass and downed it in less than ten seconds, setting it back down on the bartop and looking at the bartender, licking the Guinness off her crimson lips. He stared at her, as though paralyzed. Oh yes... This was going to be a fun night after all

User Image

siris99
      ooc: click picture for appearance

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
      User Image
      Amanda Magnuson
      Call me Merida today

The party was huge and getting crazier by the minute; Amanda was really glad that she and her twin had decided to go with Celeste, Kayleb, and Jr. They'd been busy during last years Halloween, having been one of the pairs that took on the patrolling so that everyone else could enjoy the holiday without the stress. This year, since JC and Darren were taking patrol, she and Tina had decided to enjoy the holiday for once. It was a nice change. Naturally they'd needed good costumes and so had planned out in great detail what they were going to do. Most people would have expected them to go as something that matched, something that was 'twinsy'. But they spent every day of their life with each other's face; why on earth would they decide to look the same on the one day of the year where they could look different? Tina decided on FemShep, with Squirtle as a Garrus, and Amanda had decided... On a bit of an elaborate costume. The costume itself was not the elaborate part. The elaborate part was the hair... Getting it just the right shade of carrot-top red and then there were the curls. There were so, so many curls... But it was worth it. In the end, she looked like a very spot-on Merida, complete with long bow and quiver hanging from her waist; all she needed now was Angus, the brawny Clydesdale, but there was no way she was going to be able to find a horse like that to ride. She'd have better luck finding a white horse and going as Lady Godiva. Her sister seemed to like the costume and commented on the mass amount of red curls that now spiraled off of Amanda's head. Amanda herself loved the way her twins costume had turned out and said as much. Afterwards they'd joined the others in the living room before being flash-traveled close to the hotel; everyone kept stopping them to take pictures with Kayleb, since he looked so real. It was good fun and even her anti-social sister had seemed to be enjoying herself and they weren't even at the party yet. The hotel itself was jumping already and the sun hadn't even set; obviously news about this party had leaked and everybody and their mother was crashing it. Their host, when they met him, didn't seem to mind that much; he was quick to excuse himself however so that he could go up on stage. Amanda clapped politely, just like everyone else, and then the party began again, this time in earnest. She excused herself to mingle a bit, even getting a drink from the open bar, where some Asian guy tried to get her attention by flexing his biceps at her; she just rolled her eyes and walked away, quietly sipping on a caramel appletini. She mingled and made small talk with some of the other guests, even coming across a guy who was dressed in a kilt. Seeing such a thing made her laugh but it also made her think of Riley, who had stormed out of base yesterday and not returned. Celeste was the only one who knew what had happened to upset him but she hadn't, and wouldn't, say anything about whatever it was. Amanda just hoped that Riley was enjoying his Halloween, wherever he'd decided to sit and stew in his anger. It was some time after all of these party things had occurred that Amanda caught sight of a man standing with Jr, his arm draped around the young man's shoulders... Jr looked distinctly uncomfortable but the other guy, who was dressed as Jr's hero self, looked like he could just hang out on Jr's shoulder forever. Then... the young mad scientist in question suddenly rushed out of the room and out onto the balcony. Curious, and just a tad bit worried, Amanda placed her glass on a passing gorilla's tray and headed out after her young friend and teammate. "Hey kiddo, you okay?" Amanda asked, leaning against the wall with him. "You left pretty quickly there. Who was that guy? Was he bothering you?" Jr seemed petty flustered. It was supposed to be a party, where everyone was relaxing and where even strangers got along, but he seemed pretty upset and she wanted to know why. If that stranger dressed as Electro had upset Jr in any way, she was going to break her promise to behave and go ******** his world up... Or, if Sheera had finally arrived, to let her do it; the Russian had been itching for a fight for ages, ever since Linca nearly disemboweled her and everyone knew that she had a bit of a soft-spot for Kayleb and, most recently, Jr. "Hey, come on, you can talk to me. What's going on? Why do you look so upset?" Amanda didn't want to press too hard, because that could sometimes result in bigger problems, but she wanted to know if she could help his emotional state at all.
      Ooc: Sorry for the shite layout and semi-shite post; i just wanted to get it up while i had some kind of inspiration. This is what happens when you want to sleep but your brain says no
      Sanokun711
      Tegian
      Orojed13
      Kaun_Angelfire
      Silenced Nocturne

Dapper Shapeshifter

12,575 Points
      • Millionaire 200
      • Elocutionist 200
      • Tycoon 200
      User Image

User Image

The wait hadn’t been long before, within just a few minutes of eachother, everyone started showing up in the living room or the kitchen. Everyone took quick notice of Kayleb’s incredible costume, but the winged boy was quick to let everyone know it was all thanks to the work of Celeste that it had turned out to be so fantastic. He would then return the compliment, to those with costumes on anyways. To him, everyone looked just as good as he did. There were incredible amounts of work put into some of the costumes. Especially Tina and Amanda’s once that pair finally arrived. However, the one that brought the biggest smile to his face was Aria’s.

She had come over, gushing over his costume and a blush spread across Kayleb’s face; thankfully it was hidden by the grey paint. Kayleb was about to thank her, when she excited told him they matched, and she removed the trench hiding her costume from view. Kayleb lit up completely as she revealed she was the tenth doctor. The very doctor that had been the first to encounter the Weeping Angels. “Wow! You look great!” He exclaimed as he forced himself not to hug her out of excitement. Not only would a hug ruin his costume, it would ruin hers as well. “Are you coming to the party?” He had asked, but she shook her head, explaining that she would be going later perhaps, but not at the moment. Kayleb gave a small nod, “Well I hope we see you there. We can take some pictures together!” Aria readily agreed to that before heading back to the kitchen, just in time for Elani to join the gathering group heading to the party; and with her arrival, they were off.

They had appeared a small distance away from the party, and in that short walk, the group was often stopped by people in the street wanting pictures. It was slow going but they soon made it to One Aldwych, and already the party was going strong. Kayleb was a bit nervous, he still wasn’t great with large group of people, but with Celeste and the others nearby, he found he could manage.

Shortly after their arrival, the man hosting the party came over to speak with them for only a few moments. Just in time for Kayleb to have been practicing his scare techniques. Kayleb managed to startle the man, who had fully fallen for the statue trick. After the man regained his composure, he complimented Kayleb on the amazing costume before he whisked away towards the stage to deliver a very short speech before vanishing into the crowds once more.

The group of challengers soon broke up into smaller pairs. The twins went off to mingle, though Kayleb suspected Tina would much rather sit in a corner and watch the festivities from afar, while Jr stayed with Elani for the moment. Kayleb himself headed off with Celeste to mingle, though he took much more fun out of standing near a few real statues and took to posing near them, then jumping out to scare people who stopped to take in the decorations.

He was only at it a few short minutes before noticed a stranger talking to Celeste. He watched for a moment before returning to his posing. He would scare one more group before going to see who it was Celeste was speaking too. However, the next time he opened his eyes, she and the stranger were gone. Panic rushed through the winged challenger as his eyes darted around the party and fear rose in his gut. He wasn’t afraid that Celeste was in danger, he knew she was more than capable of handling herself. The fear and panic was from him now being completely alone in a place he’d never been before. A place swarming with strangers and no one he knew within sight. “Celeste…?” He called quietly, trying to keep his voice calm, but the rising tidal wave of fear put a quiver in his voice. He looked through the crowd again, trying to find anyone he knew but there were far too many people here and it was impossible to find people who currently didn’t look like themselves within the throngs of Halloween getups. And what made it even harder were the people approaching him, to compliment him on his costume or ask for pictures. He just stared at them, obviously afraid, until they just backed away, unsure.

Kayleb eventually just moved to a ‘quiet’ corner and, carefully so as to not ruin his costume, sat down and hugged himself. Thankfully, all the paint on him was dry now, so nothing rubbed off onto anything else. But, unfortunately, he still had people wander over to him to get a closer look, as in his panicked state, he was virtually unmoving. This time though, he let them all believe he was a statue, unless someone realized those disturbing white eyes were not made of stone, and watched approachers with fear in their depths.

Location: Geraldo’s party Thoughts: Where did they all go????

OoC: Kayleb will literally be cheered up by anyone he knows coming to him, don't worry. ;D He just can't handle being left all alone in a strange place with strange people.

Quick Reply

Submit
      Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff