Welcome to Gaia! ::

Biggest Anubutt

User Image

User ImagexxxxxxJason Jackson
xxxxxxxxxxxWith Iron Will Comes An Iron Fist

"I suppose you're right, it's technically impossible to be limitless." Jason said. He didn't know what he was thinking when he said it. "Honestly, I have no idea."Jason told Will. "I haven't checked on her recently, and I'm pretty sure we still have her." Jason said to Will, rubbing the back of his head. "I haven't really had time to check on her. I don't even know if she's still alive, and if she is she probably has no recollection of what happened." Jason explained to Will.

"The final knockout involved holding a magnet to her head, and from what I know about computers, something like that could have completely wiped her mind." Jason said. "If either of us talk to her now, it might be best if you talk to her. I don't know much about her, and talking to her about nearly destroying her might piss her off." Jason said to Will. He'd leave it to the cyborg to decide if he wanted to see her or not.

Current Location:Challengers' HQ - Jason's Room
User Image
T H E x U N C L E

Seth, looked at his broken phone laying on the floor.. He sighed a bit wondering how he could explain to his nephew to fix it. Maybe promise of buying him a video game or something to bribe him. Who knows, Seth quickly turned his attention to the sympathetic, outgoing leader. She was kind, someone extending the offer like that was a kind hearted woman. He knew he couldn't accept it but at least the gesture was nice. He nodded at her offering to locate Jr for him, still unaware of the battle that was taking place in the very base.

Seth looked down at bit and figured he'd turn on Jai, so Jr wouldn't get angry with shutting down his equipment without his permission. One thing Jr always hated was the fact that Seth could shut down his programs and machines with the sound of his voice, it irritated him but before he could give the vocal command the monitors in Jr's room lit up with a light of life. "What?" he said to himself, as Shaundi seemed a little surprised from the sudden electrical surge that meant Jr had turned on his gear. That was weird, Jr usually was in the same room as his computer to turn them on. Had to mean he was either using his abilities or was using his remote control else where.

Seth got up and walked over the the AI screen who had a sleeping emotion over it. The Zz bubble quickly popped with an animation, indicating it waking up. "Jai, did Jr turn you on?" the Ai quickly responded. "Yes sir he did! After all someone mean shut me off!" he replied with sarcasm and implications that the person he was talking to was the one who shut him off. "Anyways, I'll be focusing now. Jr is battling Sheera at the moment." The Ai quickly showed them the fight, Jr was in a heated spar match against sheera. Everything was being viewed from his room from a wireless camera. Jr had his tech and seemed to be going all out on the other challenger. Seth was worried, Sheera was strong and very unpredicatable.. Why would Jr want to spar with someone of all people? He knew his nephew couldn't keep up against her.. he clenched a fist, slightly angry but figured he'd butt out and just watch.

Location:Base<<Jr's Room>> /color] Mood: Nervous. Thoughts: C'mon Seth, don't butt in..

siris99
User Image

J U N I O R xxx W H I T F I E L D

"Elektro"

Jr heard the russian, he didn't want easy. He wanted difficult, he wanted his skills to be tested. 'No more holding back.. Life and death situation, kind of..' he thought to himself, something felt off as he moved towards the center of the mat where he was 10 feet away from Sheera. Jai was offline? His uncle more than likely. No matter, with a simple touch of a button on his watch Jai had came back to life and eagerly greeted him. "Jr! Your mean uncle shut me off!.." "Not now Jai, we'll worry about later.. We have a spar." he cut the AI off as it refocused, the AI ignored the new message which was linked to his communicator from Shaundi, he figured he'd tell Jr that his uncle was looking for him later.. Not that it mattered, Jai was sending a broadcast of the fight to his uncle as they stood there.

"Attack."

Jr's eyes we're glowing brighter than ever. He wasn't holding back, he was gonna give it his best shot, first step was to at least have her break a sweat. "Alright here I come!" Jr said as Sheera took a defensive stance. Jr quickly manifested three bat-like mechanical robots, all of them tethered with a blue electrical current. He quickly sent his palms forward as the bats rushed her, they flew the air with grace and precision it was silent, the blue electrical currents weren't deadly but it would hurt if one was wrapped with one, sending a good jolt of electricity through their body. The current danced in the air, very fluently and quietly as they circled the Russian. Jr knew from reading and collecting data on Sheera that her shadows we're deadly and more than likely would take care of these weak machines, but that's what Jr wanted.. Jr had manifested another side tech, a thin metal alloy of liquid nanobots, it camouflaged itself around Jr, protecting him almost like his force-field. The nanobots that silently covered Jr's hands and legs had a magnetic property to them, this allowed Jr to move swiftly but also manipulate the nanobots into a weapon. Jr watched the Russian destroy the bats without any hesitation, he didn't mind as he smirked, the words 'grapple' shot through his mind as the nano bots turned into a form of grappling hook, similar to Jaegers but less bulky. The grappling hook shot latching onto the wall behind Sheera pulling Jr forward with speed and accuracy, his force-field abilities kicked in, he was going to come at her like a wrecking ball, use his force field as a blunt force to maybe knock her down. If he had failed at least he would tumble away and couldn't be too hurt by surrounding himself with force-field before coming into contact with the Russian.

"Located:Base>>Training Room<<Mood:Determined. Thoughts:It's on...

Demonic_Werewolf94

Versatile Phantom

21,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
User Image

§ § § Lillith Brón-Gaiscíoch Kurhanna § § §

Ʒ ƿ Ʊ Tapestry Ʊ ƿ Ƹ

Σ ♣ Φ ♦ Θ ♠ ♪ Ω Begun in fire, ending in ice. The poet was wrong; ice was a better destroyer than fire, particularly if you were in the mood for vengeance. Fire was quick and clean, a leap of flame, a wave of heat and then nothing but a pile of soft and formless ash, dispersed with the first breeze. Ice was slow, heavy, corrosive, it left behind a towering confusion of rubble to be sorted and identified and disposed of. Ice left baggage. ― Fire and Ice, by Dana Stabenow Ω ♪ ♠ Θ ♦ Φ ♣ Σ

µ While Lillith had been entertained by her conversation with the infamous Vixen, it had left her with the lingering feeling that the other woman had been hiding knowledge of vital importance. The only reassuring thing had been the realization that whatever Vixen was hiding, she was hiding it from the world, or at the very least her employer. So once the dialogue had been finished, she had returned home, pausing only to collect her winnings before she retreated to her workroom on the second floor of the shop. This sanctuary was the place where she did her best thinking, usually while working on other projects and designs. Once the door was shut, the room became almost totally soundproof, with the sole light coming from either electricity or her manifested tattoos, allowing her to work without interruption.

True to form, once Lillith closed that door, she forgot about time and the outside world. She stayed preoccupied with her work right up until her dear friend Hadil knocked on the door. She probably would have ignored it if it had only happened once, but the knocking grew both louder and more insistent until she stormed over to the door, yanking it open with a growl, completely unaware of the sight she made. She was covered in new and old tattoos, most of which were glowing, with drops of ink splattered all over and a long gash down the arm that held the door open. She didn't even notice the food and drink that Hadil had balanced before speaking, her voice harsh from disuse.
“What?!"
φ

Clothes
Status: Focused, tired and hungry but unaware of it → Starving and exhausted
Mood: Oblivious, absorbed in her work → Chagrined, irritated
Company: Tattoo manifestations → Hadil
And the song in my head is. . .

{{Orcas On Crack }} Sorry about the wait...
Lueta

Versatile Phantom

21,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
§ § § JAIMETH ALEKSANDRIAH CAUTHON § § §

Ʒ ƿ Ʊ Mnemosyne Ʊ ƿ Ƹ

Σ ♣ Φ ♦ Θ ♠ ♪ Ω Now about those ghosts. I'm sure they're here and I'm not half so alarmed at meeting up with any of them as I am at having to meet the live nuts I have to see every day. --- Bess Truman Ω ♪ ♠ Θ ♦ Φ ♣ Σ

Jaimie sat at her desk, staring morosely at the large piles of paperwork that almost completely covered the wooden surface. She was back at work.... technically. In reality, she was stuck 'working' as a glorified secretary. She had yet to call one of the healing Challengers, even though she now had a way to contact them. Because for some reason she didn't understand, her arm was healing on its own, the shards of bone realigning or regenerating themselves one by one. She heaved a sigh, and heard feet pattering away as fast as they could. She didn't bother looking up, knowing that it was just another one of her coworkers running scared in the fear that she was about to lose control of her powers.

I should be just as scared as they are. I may not be losing control of my powers, but I no longer know what my abilities are, nor how far they extend. I feel... lost. Before this, I had two simple goals, helping others and staying hidden. Now I've nothing to hide from, and am not allowed to aid those in need to the full extent of my abilities. I should be trying to stay away from Alex and Aurora; they bring dreams and hopes long destroyed out of the shadows of the past, and that could be very dangerous... Jaimie shook herself out of her rambling thoughts just in time for her desk phone to ring.

Jaimie wrinkled her brow a little, confused as to who would be calling her now. She pick up the phone and forced herself to sound cheerfully professional.
“This is Doctor Cauthon. Oh, hello Aurora! Yes, of course he can, as long as he doesn't strain himself too much. Oh, why I'd love to go with you! Yes, I probably should.... Hello, Alex. Yes, I apologize for the intrusion. I won't come if you don't want me to. Are you sure? Okay, wonderful. See you then."

With a deadline in sight, Jaimie managed to continue her 'work'. The moment it was reasonable, she packed up her desk and left the hospital, exiting just as Alex and Aurora pulled up in a dark green Chrysler Voyager. She cheerfully greeted the pair, sitting in the back by Aurora instead of shotgun next to Alex. They hadn't been driving long before the little girl began asking questions. Her responses were thoughtful and amused. "Yes, my favorite animal is a dolphin; they're smart, kind, patient, loyal, and loving. Even if I could keep one as a pet, I wouldn't. I'd rather they be living free. What about you?"

Clothes for the day
Mood: Bored, irritated, impatient, depressed → Depressed, amused, regretful
Company: Frightened and uncomfortable coworkers → Alex, Aurora, and tourists
And the song in my head is. . .

{{Overeating Oreo Cookies ƞ }} I really am so sorry about the wait...

Kaun_Angelfire

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
User Image
User Image

Jr's eyes lit up, glowing brightly - far brighter than she had yet seen - and he said, "Alright here I come!" . She nodded and took a slight defensive stance, watching carefully as he began to manifest three bat-like robots, each tethered with a blue electrical current. Jr flicked his palms forward as the bats rushed her, each flying with grace and precision, silent. Clearly the currents that tethered them wouldn't be dangerous - it would be against all of the rules set for training if they were - but she was pretty sure that they'd hurt if it managed to wrap around her. The bats circled the Russian but she appeared not to notice them at all, her eyes focused solely on the teenager in front of her even as the robotic bats circled ever closer. Just as it appeared as though the current was going to wrap around her, shadows lashed out from the ground around her feet and crushed the bats with ease, breaking them from their electrical tether and tossing them to the side without Sheera having moved at all, her eyes still trained on Jr even as a grappling hook shot from his body, no doubt the product of the nanobots that she had seen him working with, and latched onto the wall behind her, catapulting him forwards. Sheera smirked. Head on attacks were usually strong but not necessarily the smartest move one could do, depending on the opponent, and a head on attack with her... Perhaps wasn't the best plan. Shadows swirled up and around Sheera and she disappeared, vanishing from sight just as he would've hit her. Because she was faster, he tumbled away and wasn't hurt; so far she hadn't done much work and she hadn't attacked him yet. She reappeared behind him, watching as he got to his feet. "Good," said the Russian. " 'iz 'zmart to 'uze abilitiez in many 'vayz." If they were going to spar, she was also going to teach, but she wasn't going to just dodge and give advice. It was time to see just how fast he could react to her attacks. Sheera raised a hand, palm towards the floor, and then she flicked her hand and spikes of shadows shot from her fingertips, similar to how she had accidentally attacked Darren earlier that morning. This time she was in control and knew what she was doing; she wasn't about to let Jr get injured by her own hand. Just as that attack was released, Sheera vanished again, reappearing behind the teenager and slamming the heel of her palm into his back. If he managed to deflect the shadows, the force of her hit would send him forward. If he didn't fall, he'd be unbalanced and she'd further this by sweeping her feet under him and knocking his legs out from under his body. Sheera was unaware that the spar was currently being broadcast to Jr's uncle and even if she had known, she wouldn't have cared; she had promised Jr that she would spar him and test what he was capable of, to see if he was able to at least keep up with an experienced fighter. When he was older and more experienced in the field and with his own abilities, he would spar more intensely with her and with Darren and JC, each of which had their own fighting styles. But for now, she would spar with him and she would go easy, for the simple fact that she didn't want to hurt him, and she would put him to the test.

Location: Training roomxxxxThoughts: 'zmart kidxxxxMood: Focused

User Image

Sanokun711

Bashful Noob

6,625 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

☾❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀☽

User Image

"Welcome back to reality, Lillith, it's time to..." Hadil stopped. The disheveled clothes, the mismatching glowing tattoos, the hair that badly needed washing--these were expected. What Hadil hadn't expected and certainly didn't like was the openly bleeding gash on Lillith's arm. So not only was her roommate likely starving, dehydrated, and sleep-deprived, but she had an open wound. Lillith had a few healing tattoos that could easily patch up some injuries, but not all of them worked all the time on certain types of things and Hadil could simply never be sure. Sometimes Lillith's mystery was amusing, but in times like this it was downright frustrating.

"Lillith," she said, making sure they had established eye contact. "How and why do you have a giant gash in your arm?"

Whatever explanation Lillith would try to give, Hadil knew it still wouldn't satisfy her. Whatever logic or reason might have been involved, there had to be a better option than getting her arm cut open and then forgetting to treat it, dripping blood everywhere. It couldn't be healthy. Besides, customers got disconcerted by the bloodstains in the wood-planked floor, and she was running out of sizeable rugs.

Hadil put the tray down on a precious but sturdy antique chess table, pulled up an equally priceless (though a bit dusty) King Louis VIII era chair, and pointed to its seat cushion."Sit. Eat. Drink. I'll get something to stop up the blood, and then you're going to bed, okay? No, no protests! You've been in there nearly a week. Got that? Six days. I don't care how resilient you are, you'll probably pass out by the time I come back anyway." She took Lillith's sweat-drenched "hat" with her, to put it in with the washing.

She went into the tiny kitchen just next to the creation room. No, it wasn't tiny. It was absolutely minuscule. There was barely enough room for one cheap plastic stool for Hadil to sit on when she spent many bored hours with her chin in her arms over the counter, staring up at the fuzzy green 5 x 5 inch screen, waiting for the shop bell to jingle and announce new customers. There was no oven, no microwave, and hardly a stove--just one little burner to try and cook things over and a little icebox taking up most of the floor space. She'd flip listlessly between BBC 2 and BBC 4, occasionally taking a whiff of BBC News when she felt she had the emotional energy. She might not have bothered at all, but she tried to make it a habit to keep up on current events, and in the long run it actually had come in rather useful. Mentions of strange happenstances an rumors about the Challengers had piqued her interest, and had prompted her to go to a much richer source of knowledge: the internet. The rooms they lived in upstairs were quite different from the front of the shop below. Hadil took out her Mac book and researched. She had some pretty interesting things to tell Lillith.

Of course, Lillith was still upright when she came back with the cold drenched rag.

"May I see that arm, please?" she asked after bringing up a chair for herself, and started wiping off the fresh blood, then continued to scrub off the old, dried up stuff. "So some very interesting things have been going on with the Challengers recently," she began. "Do you know that Redhawk--and he's the leader, mind you--got kidnapped by some OWC people? He's back now, but people say he's been acting rather strangely. And remember how everyone was all up in a tizzy about that petrol station explosion? Well they haven't ended there. They even did damage to Stonehenge. Stonehenge! I mean you'd think they might have the decency to go and fight things out in places that aren't so historically precious. Unless it really was terribly important." She took a glance up at Lillith, hoping for some kind of reaction. She shrugged. "Perhaps it couldn't be helped. But things seem to be getting pretty dire."

She finished cleaning off the blood and sat there, holding the squalid rag in front of her and looking at it intensely. Lillith would argue, but still she had to say it.

"I think we should find a way to help."

User Image

☂☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☀☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☂

╔═════XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
        Time: Morning, the PresentXXX
        Place: The Flat, downstairsXXX
        Company: LillithXXX
        Clothes: SimpleXXX
        Mood: Frustrated, concerned, a little anxious, hopefulXXX
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX═════╝

Dapper Shapeshifter

12,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
User Image
User Image

That was not at all what Tina had been expecting to hear. She turned her gaze from Manuel to Amanda, knowing full well how this betrayal by Peter could affect her. Tina hugged Amanda closer, having no idea what she could possibly say that would make this news less painful for her sweet sister so she just hopped Amanda would take at least some comfort in the fact that Tina was right here for her. Sure, Amanda may be developing feelings for someone new, but crushing news like this about someone you loved who had died was not something that would just wash away easily.

Tina was shocked too, obviously not as much as Amanda was at the news, she had liked Peter well enough, and he had seemed like the kind of guy Tina thought would be a pretty great match for Amanda. What could possibly have possessed him to turn on them? Or had he been against them from the start, playing the good guy to gain their trust? No matter the reasons, it was a hard blow to Amanda and the team to learn of something like this. Betrayal is a hard thing to get over.. especially since this wasn't the first time they were betrayed by a team member. Tina knew at least part of the story behind Kaylebs brother who had become quite an annoying thorn since his 'death'. And she was fairly certain that, at least up until a few weeks ago, someone had been giving out their patrol routes, much like Tank apparently had been.

She was really starting to think there needed to be some sort of crackdown on the members of the team. At the very least something should be done to route out any possible leaks or spies.

"Do you want to go rest Mand? Someone else can help Riley, you're in no condition to and I can't do it alone so you might as well think about yourself right now. I'll find Kayleb and get him to come help Riley out. I'm sure he's lazing around somewhere around here, as always."

[Location: Medbay] [Mood: Shocked] [Thoughts: ...]

OoC: Shiiiiite but I hope you like it. ;u; sorry it's always taking me so long ;n;

Devoted Phantom

╠ ЈΔΣGΣℝ ╣

User Image
“Cyborgs are not reverent; they do not re-member the cosmos. They are wary of holism, but needy for connection- they seem to have a natural feel for united front politics, but without the vanguard party. The main trouble with cyborgs, of course, is that they are the illegitimate offspring of militarism and patriarchal capitalism, not to mention state socialism. But illegitimate offspring are often exceedingly unfaithful to their origins.”
User Image

Will sighed. "I don't know...but I think we should see her. I feel responsible, you know?" After all, it'd been his maddened rampage after being augmented that had created Galatea, albeit inadvertently. He hadn't meant to kill anyone...and despite finding peace with the Challengers, a new family, he still felt guilty.

He stood up straighter, taking a deep breath. With a firm, quick press, he cleared the holo-cube's data and nodded to Jason. "Let's go see her. Where is she?" If nothing else, he needed to ensure she wasn't going to be a problem for the Challengers. After all, he was responsible for her. He'd made her what she was today.

dogcat101

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image
User Image

Manuel felt horrible having to be the one to break it to Amanda about Tank. It had come as a shock to the whole team when they found out while cleaning out his apartment. They had tried denying it, refusing to believe it could have happened, but they kept digging and finding more and more evidence against the big man.

It appeared he had joined up solely to get the inside scoop, playing the team to get money from the beginning. It was never enough information to lead to a death of a hero, as that would have been too suspicious. Instead it was information like patrol patterns, and where or when the team responded to calls. All carefully tracked so the mob could stay one step ahead.

"I'm sorry, I really am. We didn't want to believe it ourselves, but the more we looked... I'm sorry, Tina is right. You need rest. I will keep an eye on him, I promise." he assured her, referring to Riley. Right now, he was just waiting for another healer to come back to base. If things took a turn for the worse, Manuel would teleport Riley to the healers, simple as that.

The more pressing concern now was Amanda. She seemed broken by the betrayal. It was easy to see the signs, the whole Detroit team had gone through them. Denial, Anger, Sadness, bargaining, and then finally acceptance. Amanda would not be okay, not right away, but with support, such as from Tina,, she would be. As long as she didn't stay stuck in the anger stage.

"Don't worry about Kayleb. I know his healing isn't the easiest... When Sheera or Celeste come back, I'll have them heal Riley. If they take too long, I'll bring him to them, don't worry." he added, trying to sound more confident than he felt. Challengers' morale was down across the globe. Tank, Jean, JC... depressing news was pouring in, and it was hard to keep everyone cheerful. Some of them viewed this as a fight against evil that had a clearly defined end. The truth was that they would never be able to eradicate evil, simply hold it back. It was a never ending struggle they were unfortunately engaged in.

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
User ImageUser Image
                                                              Amanda barely seemed to consciously register that her twin was there, even as Tina hugged her close and she didn't seem to be seeing anything in particular at all. But she did take some comfort in her sister's embrace. "Do you want to go rest Mand? Someone else can help Riley, you're in no condition to and I can't do it alone so you might as well think about yourself right now. I'll find Kayleb and get him to come help Riley out. I'm sure he's lazing around somewhere around here, as always," said Tina. Amanda couldn't seem to get her brain to function. Peter... He had betrayed them, betrayed the team, betrayed... Her. And he was dead now. She couldn't even confront him about it, couldn't make him explain why he had done it. Maybe he really hadn't. Maybe it was all a ruse. He had cared so much about everyone. Why would he betray the team? Manuel said, "I'm sorry, I really am." Amanda could almost tell - almost, barely - that he was truly sorry that he was the one breaking this news to her. "We didn't want to believe it ourselves, but the more we looked... I'm sorry, Tina is right. You need rest. I will keep an eye on him, I promise," he assured her, obviously referring to Riley. Amanda's eyes flicked to Riley, taking in how he still seemed to be doing okay despite his injuries. She wondered where everyone was. Kayleb would probably heal Riley in the blink of an eye and Celeste would have been more than happy to help out - Sheera probably wouldn't touch the Scotsman with a twenty-five foot pole - but everyone seemed to be MIA. "I don't want to rest." Her voice came out soft and sounded a bit choked, as though she was having a hard time breathing. "I'm not tired. I feel fine." An untrue statement if ever there was one. She felt drained, emotionally and physically, and perhaps a little dead inside. Sure, she had long come to terms with Peter's death and the fact she hadn't even been able to give his family any closure, and was fast falling for someone else... But having learned that everything she had thought she had known about Peter was a lie... It felt as though her whole world had just fallen to pieces. "Don't worry about Kayleb. I know his healing isn't the easiest... When Sheera or Celeste come back, I'll have them heal Riley. If they take too long, I'll bring him to them, don't worry," added Manuel. Amanda could tell that he was trying to sound more confident than he felt. She knew why, even in this dazed state that she now found herself in. Team morale was down across the globe. First had been the death of Tank, now the betrayal, Jean's near fatal injury that had retired him from hero work, JC's kidnapping... It was all depressing news and with that amount of bad... It was hard to find anything good. It was a never-ending struggled against evil and crime and the best they could do was keep it at bay... Evil was a human condition and it would be around as long as there were human-beings, despite anything they could do. Amanda wrapped her arms around Tina and buried her head in the crook of her sister's neck, breathing in the familiar scent, the scent of the person she had known since birth, who she knew she could trust despite all the rough patches they had had in the past. "I don't understand," she mumbled, her words barely intelligible. "I... We trusted Peter. He passed all the tests. We fought alongside each other... How could we not have noticed... How could we not have seen... Why... Why would he do this to us?" Her voice still sounded a bit choked. In a quieter whisper, she added, "To me?" Amanda had loved Peter. She had. They had been together for a long time... She had trusted him with her life. And now... Now she was finding out that it was all a lie. In one motion, Amanda pushed Tina away and stood up, the blanket falling from her shoulders, almost yelling, "Why?!?!?! Why would he do this to the team? To the people he called his friends? Why he do that to us?" The force of her anger caused a beaker full of water to explode but she didn't appear to notice.

siris99
            Tegian
User Image ............ User Image

"Something you need to learn... no matter how personal the fight.. we are all family. So, even when you want to be alone... we are there whether you like it or not. Best take advantage of that.. you're going to need it."

Thoughts: Why is he doing this? Why am I?

Several sticky sharp projectiles sunk into the ground at the archer's feet. Darren just stared at them. Yes... he was being an a**, but only because JC pushed him to that. Putting his new girlfriend above everyone else. This had happened before. Back in LA he had lifted Velocity into priority over the entire team. No, he explained himself. Bullshit. He only explained that everyone was having problems. Difference was; everyone was taking their troubles head on... JC was hiding. He was doing the same thing. Hiding behind another girl. Now, JC was throwing sharp projectiles at Darren. He couldn't believe JC would use lethal abilities to stop him. "Alright, you can ******** wait! You think you can just leave? You show up, punch me in the face, and you really think I'm just going to let you walk away? If you are going to start something, you better finish it. After what I've been through, I'm not about to let you, of all people, run over me like this!" JC yelled, stepping forward and pushing Darren. The archer snapped his head at his friend. Or, at least who he thought was his friend, "Do you have a ******** clue how much work it is just to get alone with Chiara? You have the balls to get between me and my chance at a normal life, threaten me, then attack me?! I should put you down after this. Buddy, talk to me." Wait, what was that at the end? Didn't matter. JC was tensing up for an attack. No way was JC getting the jump on him. Darren's hand came up into a right hook. Hawk was expecting it, as his head went down to dodge. Darren's knee was ready, lifting into JC's jaw. The force knocked Hawk to his a**, but the leader was quick to recover, standing... prepared for a fight. Darren charged, JC went for a sweep. He jumped over his friend's leg, extending his own to plant his foot into JC's face. Hawk reached up and grabbed Darren's leg as it made contact, twisting. The archer went with the twist, flipping sideways into roll. He completed the roll with a backflip, landing it without flaw. They circled in the alleyway, waiting for a move from either side. Darren's head shook. He could've sworn that JC's angered face shifted into one of worry for a moment. What was going on?

"Alright, just give me one second to say goodbye." he said, turning to Chiara to say goodbye. "I'm really, really sorry, I have to go, this is-" JC was cut off by a punch to the face, a strong punch to the face, from Darren.

What was this?

Several sticky projectiles were released just in front of Darren's feet, more to get his attention than anything else. "Alright, you can ******** wait! What the ******** hell has gotten into you? You show up, punch me when I already agreed to go with you, then you act like this? I get you're mad, but seriously, man what the hell is wrong with you?" JC asked, stepping forward and grabbing Darren's shoulder.

"And by the way, you have any idea how much work it is going to take to explain that to Chiara? You KNOW the protocol for getting someone out of civilian business, hell, you came up with it? Then you show up and punch me in the ******** face? Are you on something man? You have any idea how hard it was not to attack you? Darren... what the hell is going on? Buddy, talk to me."

Darren's hands went up in surrender as he fell to his knees, his face twisted in confusion and awe. Was that.. he didn't understand.. He looked over to his bike. On the ground were sticky projectiles... non-lethal... He looked back at JC.. his friend's expression was that of a worried brother. He was just as confused as Darren.... Nothing he had seen or heard was real. JC ran over to him. This was because the archer had begun falling forward. He was so stunned, so sick to his stomach that he couldn't stay upright. As he fell into his friend's grip, he tried to speak. It just came out a choked mess. Finally, words stumbled from his tongue, "I'm sorry.. I didn't.. I don't.. I..." his words trailed off once more. He couldn't speak because, he didn't know what to say. What could he say to accurately convey what had happened?

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image ◄♫◄♫◄

Something was wrong with Darren, it was only too obvious to JC. They were teammates, partners, brothers; they knew each other better than anyone else on the team. JC had been hurting, and recognized pain in Darren as well. Had anyone other than Darren done this, JC likely would have reacted before he could think, punching them back in the face. Not Darren though, never Darren. JC had mental plans on how to combat every meta he'd ever come across; most were untested and never would be. Never for Darren though, JC couldn't bring himself to think of such a thing.

Darren's hands went up in surrender and he fell to his knees, confirming JC's biggest fear. Not Darren... he couldn't lose a best friend again. As close as the friendship was with Donnie, his friendship with Darren was stronger, forged in fire, so the loss would be that much greater, as would the reaction to it. When Donnie had died, JC had crossed Europe hunting down those responsible, killed Hoffman, and recruited his E1 classmates into an attack on the OWC main base. A reaction bigger than that would be good for precisely no one.

The archer looked over at his bike, then the projectiles, eyes coming back to JC. The confusion and hurt in them chilled JC to his core. Was this what Darren had felt seeing JC in that chair? It was a horrible feeling. Words could not do it justice. Fear, anger, sadness, and a million other emotions all rolled into one deadly feeling. When Darren began to fall forward, JC was there in an instant to catch him, hold him upright.

"Darren, breath. Focus on my voice, okay? We're going to get through this." JC said, hugging his friend and keeping him from pitching forward at the same time. Darren tried to speak, but was unable to get the words out. What came from his mouth was a choked mess. No words... but none were needed. JC heard all he needed.

Finally, Darren found his tongue for long enough to stumble and apology, and to voice his confusion before trailing off, unsure of what to say. What could he say? What could anyone say? JC was a natural leader because he always had a plan, but right now he felt helpless. His best friend needed him the most and he felt useless.

Goddammit! Plans aplenty for fights but useless as s**t when it really matters! Come on man, think! JC's mind roared. Tears were coming to his eyes, but he fought them down, forcing himself to be strong when he felt like he was at his weakest. Priorities, what did they need to do first? What would help this situation even slightly?

Getting out of this alley before they had to explain anything to a passerby.

"Mist I need you, my location, Now." JC said, finger on his communicator to send the message.

"Give me thirty seconds bossman." came Mist's reply.

"No. Now." JC replied softly. It was on the opposite end of the spectrum from a harsh yell, but the effect was just as strong. Mist appeared in an instant. "Take us to his apartment." JC said as soon as Mist appeared, speaking just as softly. It was scary to anyone who was used to JC. JC had many qualities, and one of them was that his orders came out loud and clear. Hearing them this low was new, and frightening. Mist quietly asked for the address, which JC gave him. The detroit hero touched both of them gently on the shoulder, and they instantly were in Darren and Aria's apartment. JC nodded in thanks at Mist, who nodded back before disappearing back to the base.

"Sorry... JC... needed help..." Manuel muttered, clearly unnerved by what he'd seen. He was not going to say anything about the two strongest leaders on the team being broken...

"We're safe now. We're safe." JC said, carrying Darren to the couch and sitting his friend down on it. "Talk to me man. I can't help unless you let me in." JC said, gently grabbing Darren's face so they were looking eye to eye. "Talk to me." he repeated.

Dangerous Spotter

User Image
Larna Virn
Her usual in picture.
Ug. Clearly not what I was after at first but its out.

Larna had taken a slight denture to the casino. In doing so she was wanting to just enjoy being on her own two feet. Lifting her left arm to look at the black hand. Closing and opening the hand. Her thoughts for a moment drifted to Ros. Just maybe she had been to harsh on him recently. Nearly getting killed does kind of make a persons mind think on things they normally don't. Stopping she had to put those thoughts on hold as she spotted in the distance a potential target. While aware of this woman's powers she could long see the woman before being detected. During her last contact with the agency she learned one of their own defected. Joined up with the challengers.

Now the target was taking the same path she was in the same direction. Problem was she had a limited number of options. So she first did what was she was trained to do. Close off her mind the best she could. Second step try and take out this woman from a distance. Slowly she fallowed out side of detection range before getting an idea. With her right hand she pulled out her phone from her pocket. Looking up a contact she had. While the name was fake the address wasn't. It was to a nearby apartment she used to stash a few toys. Making sure to keep an eye on the target she didn't take long to get to the stash house. Putting in the code to the building door.

The black haired woman wasn't gone for long before leaving with a duffle back on her back. Inside was a broken down sniper rifle. Serial number was eroded off with chemicals to prevent tracking. Even the barrel was altered via heating to make matching to records impossible. Only having one shot on her. She was rather confident she could remain out of detection range. When the woman found her self in an area with construction going on near by. That was her chance to move. Just so happened that the crew for the building she wanted was working. Making her get closer.

Probably risking getting caught by her but that was okay. Putting on a glove to cover her right hand. She started to assemble the rifle by the time she was pin pointed out by Elani. Using a tool box the black haired woman was ready. Lifting the gun from the side she placed it on the tool box. Putting Elani in her sights and drawing a deep breath. Her eyes closed for a second before only opening up her right. It was time and she exhaled pulling the trigger.
User Image

J U N I O R xxx W H I T F I E L D

"Elektro"

As Jr shot towards Sheera, she quickly vanished.. She was faster, smarter and more experience but Jr wasn't out of this spar just yet, he wanted to be taken seriously, he was tired of feeling weak and helpless, he hadn't brought out the big guns, not yet at least. Jr quickly regained his balance as shot up quickly and very smoothly. He listened to Sheera compliment him on the ability to use his abilities in multiple ways, that wasn't the half of it. Jr smirked but before he got cocky, he noticed Sheera's hand flick and a wave of shadows shot towards Jr, the shadows we're fast. Could he be faster? They looked sharped and dangerous, without any hesitation Jr projected hexagon shields over the spike sharp edges around the shadows, but before he could jump on them like platforms he was pushed forward by a strong force, Sheera had rushed him from behind and sent a strong blow to his back knocking him over, he quickly regain his balance, the attack was fast and swift, before he could regain his balance it was quickly lost again with the motion of a leg sweep which landed him on his butt, he quickly slid back as the glasses flashed a warning sign and Jai echoed into his personal communicator. "Jr! Watch out she isn't done!" Jr quickly slid his butt and pushed himself back onto his feet, barely missing a shadow slamming down where he had landed, that would have caused the end of his spar. Pinning him down wasn't going to happen not so quickly.

"Nice one, but i'm not holding back anymore Sheera. Sorry..." his eyes changed to a light red, his augmentation ability active and ready. "Time for a real fight." he smiled, Jr quickly synced both his abilities, he had been working on a specific type of tech that could manipulate the prism light shields he could project. He watched as a spinning metal top hovered in the air, it surrounded itself in a bubble shield, Jr quickly smiled giving himself some distance as Sheera seemed confused by this, "Jai, Copy sequence activate." he ordered the AI. He quickly got a reply back as the same time a light whirring sound could be heard from the flying metal tops, a brighter cloned version of Jr appeared, a total of 5 of them. These clones we're created by force field projection, as well as color manipulation and a projection of Jr from the tops. They we're in fact a hologram. Not too far fetch, but at least they had physical properties due to them being made out of his very much solid force field he could make.

"Alright, get ready! Go!" he said as the multiple clones ran towards her sending kicks and punches flying towards her, she was swift and cunning, very fluent on dodging them, but at least this would put heat on her, on top of that, the tops can't easily be broken due to them being covered in a shield, only downside.. This took a lot of Jr's energy.. but he didn't care, he was gonna try his best to at least give his friend a worthy fight.

Jr concentrated as he monitored each holograms vitals, 1-4 we're doing fine. 5 Seemed to be losing power.. He didn't have long before one by one they shattered and disappeared. No matter, he shook his head trying to refocus. He knew it was a perfect time to catch her off guard, Jr quickly shot a grappling hook past her, he ran towards her sliding while increasing his momentum and easily knocked her off her feet.. So he hoped, the second she would have stumbled the clones would tackle her down, and pin her down maybe. Jr quickly huffed and took a deep breathe.."Did I get her?" he asked himself quietly.

"Located:Base>>Training Room<<Mood:Determined. Thoughts:It's on...

Demonic_Werewolf94

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces