Welcome to Gaia! ::

gataka
Oh idea: Mav, when you're keeping track of past themes on the front page maybe include a link to an appropriate screenshot if one is available, like this:

05-15-15 - "You're Such A Clown"

Becomes that:

No need to do all the archive, just start doing so from now on, if it's not too much trouble.
Maybe we can work something out for the archive later.

WAIT, better idea. We could set up a thread somewhere with a single screenshot for each week, that would be easier to manage and scroll through.

What's you people think?

Edit: Ya know what? Forget it. Unless someone here thinks enough people would use this often enough for it to be worth the effort.

You actually read my mind gataka! biggrin I've actually thought about doing this for a long time now. 3nodding

The only difference was that I was thinking each Dev Meat theme could link to the page and post in the Dev Meat thread with the description that I post on Friday, and probably the post where Panda shows her screenshots. That way there wouldn't have to be the warning that Gaia displays about outside links, and Photobucket can take a while to load too.

The thing that stopped me from trying this was just how LONG it would take me. xp I'd have to dig through each page of the Dev Meat thread for the correct page and post for a link on the announcement and Panda's screenshots (or maybe "view posts" for myself and Panda would be better?).

Then I wondered too how much people would actually use it. sweatdrop
baby_kitty_258
Mavdoc

*honk honk* *beep beep* *squeak squeak* *slash slash* emotion_0A0
awww i missed it.... i wanted to be a clownie..... *waaahhhh* wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance

Shoot, you have such a great clown outfit too! gonk
ForestGreen
Mavdoc

That was cool to see what this con was like through video! 3nodding They had a lot of great tech stuff there and a really nice group of people it looked like.

I liked those electronic pieces that were used to get girls in school into electronics. We could use more women in the field.

LOL at the "Microsoft Loves Linux" setup that had a downloading error on screen! xd

Delish looking food there! Much better than I would have expected for a con or the ones I've been to.

He got a lot of nice swag too. Looks like it was quite an event! Congrats on everything going well. biggrin

There's always a bunch of great tech stuff there. We often have a couple of people doing presentations about graphics software, but I guess there wasn't enough interest this year. The audio set up that the Fedora guys had set up seems really neat. It's a wonderful group of people that come every year, that's the main reason I volunteer.

The salmon dinner was an experiment by BTC Food Services this year, they weren't sure it would sell at just under $20. There was also a buffet with vegan and gluten-free options for $13. The buffet offerings looked pretty good this year but the chef has a tendency to use a lot of onion and bell pepper in his cooking and I can't eat either. One year I ended up with a plate of plain rice and pasta noodles for $13 because I couldn't eat any of the pasta toppings.
The college has also agreed to keep their coffee shop open during the Fest and they offer muffins, bagels, and simple sandwiches for a lot less than the $13 buffet.

All the food is provided by the college and the LFNW organization doesn't make a cent off of it. It is really nice of them to provide food at multiple price points to our attendees. Because the Fest is free to attend and on a weekend, a lot of people bring their families and it is important to us that they have less expensive options for lunch.

I've watched that video twice now and missed the downloading error at the Microsoft booth both times. LOL

We've been actively reaching out to womens and girls groups for a few years now, both to let them know we exist and to get them to present sessions. I remember feeling kind of odd at the first LFNW I went to because it seemed like I was one of only 15 women at the Fest. Now the numbers are much better.

Here is the spot in the video. It was even labeled the "Microsh*t booth" xd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypt3r5E6F1U&t=6m15s

Borg

If last week's Dev Meat theme didn't give people a nice case of coulrophobia, this article will*...

*shudders*

* Kaution: Kontains Kreepy Klowns
** I opted to be a non-threatening, kinda pathetic clown...
*honks horn sadly*

Expansionist's Significant Otter

Green Fairy

Mavdoc

Here is the spot in the video. It was even labeled the "Microsh*t booth" xd

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypt3r5E6F1U&t=6m15s

rofl That should teach me to really watch videos instead of multitasking and not giving them my full attention. rofl

Retro Punk

Baby Kittty has OVER 9000! ........... posts...

Newbie Noob

Guin - Aoiichi
aww, ty for the shout out. blaugh

Retro Punk

baby_kitty_258
Guin - Aoiichi
i was going to Commnt on your PRO with a DBZ gif but it was set to private. sweatdrop sweatdrop

Newbie Noob

Guin - Aoiichi
baby_kitty_258
Guin - Aoiichi
i was going to Commnt on your PRO with a DBZ gif but it was set to private. sweatdrop sweatdrop
ik, sorry about that. it's been set to private for as long as i can remember. 3nodding i appreciate it though; and again, tyvm. yum_puddi

lindathefree's Husbando

Loaded Pants

13,500 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
so great you guys are still doing this, i haven't been on gaia for ages, so sad to see zomg being removed.

vikinghalex's One That Got Away

Sparkling Star

30,175 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Torii Gatekeeper 500
I miss the zOMG community. I need to come to one of the meet ups one day.
XDmaster4

Etheziel
I miss the zOMG community. I need to come to one of the meet ups one day.

Wow, it's been a long time since seeing you guys! biggrin You should join us soon. Today's theme will be *interesting* too. lol
Umm, so ... tentacles. emotion_facepalm

All slimy and ... yeah. gonk

The theme "Tentacles Gonna Getcha!". Thanks Guin - Aoiichi?? sweatdrop

Go to The Thaumaturge's underwater prison maze. stressed New window? New browser tab?

5 pm PST. Bring your ... ewww. emotion_eyebrow

I ah ... well ... ick, noooo ... *brrrrrr* so umm ... just, ah .... nevermind. emotion_0A0

*shivers*

Mega Hoarder

Mavdoc
gataka
Oh idea: Mav, when you're keeping track of past themes on the front page maybe include a link to an appropriate screenshot if one is available, like this:

Becomes that:

No need to do all the archive, just start doing so from now on, if it's not too much trouble.
Maybe we can work something out for the archive later.

WAIT, better idea. We could set up a thread somewhere with a single screenshot for each week, that would be easier to manage and scroll through.

What's you people think?

Edit: Ya know what? Forget it. Unless someone here thinks enough people would use this often enough for it to be worth the effort.

You actually read my mind gataka! biggrin I've actually thought about doing this for a long time now. 3nodding

The only difference was that I was thinking each Dev Meat theme could link to the page and post in the Dev Meat thread with the description that I post on Friday, and probably the post where Panda shows her screenshots. That way there wouldn't have to be the warning that Gaia displays about outside links, and Photobucket can take a while to load too.

The thing that stopped me from trying this was just how LONG it would take me. xp I'd have to dig through each page of the Dev Meat thread for the correct page and post for a link on the announcement and Panda's screenshots (or maybe "view posts" for myself and Panda would be better?).

Then I wondered too how much people would actually use it. sweatdrop

take a poll to see if people would use it

Mega Hoarder

Mavdoc
Umm, so ... tentacles. emotion_facepalm

All slimy and ... yeah. gonk

The theme "Tentacles Gonna Getcha!". Thanks Guin - Aoiichi?? sweatdrop

Go to The Thaumaturge's underwater prison maze. stressed New window? New browser tab?

5 pm PST. Bring your ... ewww. emotion_eyebrow

I ah ... well ... ick, noooo ... *brrrrrr* so umm ... just, ah .... nevermind. emotion_0A0

*shivers*

aw dang, I just bought that green squid stuff to wear!

ok, back to my second choice

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces