Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should this exist?

yes 0.57142857142857 57.1% [ 4 ]
no 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]

I like writing (don't judge) I would like to make a book from the events that happen through out the final fantasy one game, please let me know what you think and if I should do this, I will start if I few people want me to razz
FumetsuDoragon
I like writing (don't judge) I would like to make a book from the events that happen through out the final fantasy one game, please let me know what you think and if I should do this, I will start if I few people want me to razz
I think it's a brilliant idea. How many pages do you think it will be? Because Wikipedia has already got a story section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_(video_game)#Story
Raidus
FumetsuDoragon
I think it's a brilliant idea. How many pages do you think it will be? Because Wikipedia has already got a story section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_(video_game)#Story

More than that I promise you (:
FumetsuDoragon
Raidus
FumetsuDoragon

More than that I promise you (:
Go for it! You now have +1 support.
Thank you good sir (: I may start soon !
Yuna and Raika

Well, as there is no definite story line to the game other than a few key points, anybody could make a story abotu ti and have it be completely different.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
FumetsuDoragon
Yuna and Raika

Well, as there is no definite story line to the game other than a few key points, anybody could make a story abotu ti and have it be completely different.

Considering that it is the CREATORS of the game that produced Final Fantasy I, II, III Memory of Heroes then yeah, I don't think you can have a 'anybody can make a story about it and have it be different' excuse, I think Square know their own games and what story each game had and the points in it etc. Sorry, but you can't make a different story, if there were a hundred different endings to Final Fantasy 1 and a few different ways to play the game then sure, I say go at it, but this is Square writing THEIR own book about the game that only HAS one way of playing it, one road to go down, one ending etc, there is no 'different way', it will all end up at the same conclusion.
Have you never heard of fan fiction? Fan made books? Im not the only one doing it, anyway, I am done arguing, for I must sleep so I can get up to go see somebody tomorrow, good day.

Beloved Noob

YESH. DO IT.

User Image
I'm so totally jumpin' on this ship here. emotion_awesome
sounds good. books based on games can be good, the resident evil books were great, i think 2 of the books were original stories, do it. i hope you do well.

User Image
Nafretiti
FumetsuDoragon
Yuna and Raika

Considering that it is the CREATORS of the game that produced Final Fantasy I, II, III Memory of Heroes then yeah, I don't think you can have a 'anybody can make a story about it and have it be different' excuse, I think Square know their own games and what story each game had and the points in it etc. Sorry, but you can't make a different story, if there were a hundred different endings to Final Fantasy 1 and a few different ways to play the game then sure, I say go at it, but this is Square writing THEIR own book about the game that only HAS one way of playing it, one road to go down, one ending etc, there is no 'different way', it will all end up at the same conclusion.

I beg to differ, OP could totally write a retelling of the events of FF1. I mean not all of us played the game the exact same way. By that i mean, none of us knew our first time playing through that you had to do certain things to move forward etc. Theres a good bit of material to work with, like type of party you chose at the beginning of the game. Telling a story is all about perspective(and other story telling tools), if Harry Potter was written from Ron's point of view I'm sure there would of been a lot more laughs.
I don't see any reason why not. I don't understand why you'd like our consent to write a fanfiction though.

Riunite's Fav

Assimilated Player

10,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Kuja9113
I don't see any reason why not. I don't understand why you'd like our consent to write a fanfiction though.
This is basically the post I was going to write. What you want to write is basically a fanfiction, and there's always an audience somewhere.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff