Welcome to Gaia! ::

Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk
You can't blame people for getting mad about being "friend zoned," though. And if you think they don't deserve to feel angry then you don't have much empathy.

You have to admit... It sucks to go out of your way to go after a girl, and to do everything in your power to show you're good enough... and then be kicked in the balls and told to ******** off, basically. And then you see her a week later with some f** with a nicer face or more money than you.

emo

When a guy gives me rides home from work, I do not owe him sex. When a guy offers to buy me an icecream, I do not owe him sex. When I guy tells me how beautiful I am, I do not owe him sex. And yet then they get angry that I won't sleep with them after "all they've done for me".
Why do you even go with them in the first place? If this is a normal thing in your life then maybe you should stop leading random guys on.

(Seriously though, isn't that common sense? No guy wants to take you out to ice cream for fun. Unless they're gay. Don't do cutesy things with guys unless you expect them to come onto you. Do you want ice cream that badly? You can get a bucket of it for like $3.)

Um maybe because we were supposed to be friends and that's what I do with my friends. I buy my friends icecream and coffee all the time when we go out and they return the favour to me. Tell me exactly how that's leading them on.

And I have other guy friends who aren't gay or jerks who love getting icecream, so I don't see your argument there.
This is basic human courtship rules. I PROMISE you. No guy, anywhere, in all the world wants to go on an innocent ice cream excursion with you.

If they say something cutesy like "let's get ice cream" or "let's go to the zoo" then make sure to ask if he has condoms. No straight guy anywhere wants to go get ice cream just for the hell of it.

Well maybe this is extreme, but seriously... It's annoying how girls will blatantly lead on guys and act all confused and victimized when they show romantic interest. It might be weird, it might be "wrong" by your standards, but that's how the world works.
Masochist Marduk
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk
You can't blame people for getting mad about being "friend zoned," though. And if you think they don't deserve to feel angry then you don't have much empathy.

You have to admit... It sucks to go out of your way to go after a girl, and to do everything in your power to show you're good enough... and then be kicked in the balls and told to ******** off, basically. And then you see her a week later with some f** with a nicer face or more money than you.

emo

When a guy gives me rides home from work, I do not owe him sex. When a guy offers to buy me an icecream, I do not owe him sex. When I guy tells me how beautiful I am, I do not owe him sex. And yet then they get angry that I won't sleep with them after "all they've done for me".
Why do you even go with them in the first place? If this is a normal thing in your life then maybe you should stop leading random guys on.

(Seriously though, isn't that common sense? No guy wants to take you out to ice cream for fun. Unless they're gay. Don't do cutesy things with guys unless you expect them to come onto you. Do you want ice cream that badly? You can get a bucket of it for like $3.)

Um maybe because we were supposed to be friends and that's what I do with my friends. I buy my friends icecream and coffee all the time when we go out and they return the favour to me. Tell me exactly how that's leading them on.

And I have other guy friends who aren't gay or jerks who love getting icecream, so I don't see your argument there.
This is basic human courtship rules. I PROMISE you. No guy, anywhere, in all the world wants to go on an innocent ice cream excursion with you.

If they say something cutesy like "let's get ice cream" or "let's go to the zoo" then make sure to ask if he has condoms. No straight guy anywhere wants to go get ice cream just for the hell of it.

Well maybe this is extreme, but seriously... It's annoying how girls will blatantly lead on guys and act all confused and victimized when they show romantic interest. It might be weird, it might be "wrong" by your standards, but that's how the world works.

Um, are you kidding me? When I say to a guy, "I see you as a friend, I'm not looking for a relationship" he either needs to be my friend or GTFO. And yes, I do have guy friends who realise this, have their own relationships and are still happy to hang out at the beach and eat icecream.

Just because YOU take every friendly gesture as a courtship ritual, doesn't mean that every guy does and it doesn't mean it's right. Maybe the reason that so many guys feel led on is because they have a habit of imagining romances when there isn't anything there.
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk

emo

Um, are you kidding me? When I say to a guy, "I see you as a friend, I'm not looking for a relationship" he either needs to be my friend or GTFO. And yes, I do have guy friends who realise this, have their own relationships and are still happy to hang out at the beach and eat icecream.

Just because YOU take every friendly gesture as a courtship ritual, doesn't mean that every guy does and it doesn't mean it's right. Maybe the reason that so many guys feel led on is because they have a habit of imagining romances when there isn't anything there.
Why would you even want to be friends with someone who's attracted to you, if you don't return the feelings? It's awkward and weird. And they'll always cling to some sad belief that eventually they'll "win you over" and you'll fall for them. Even if they won't admit it. Most women are under the illusion that men have good intentions, but I say with confidence that 9 out of 10 don't. As a rule you should probably stay away from single straight guys if you don't want to date them, it's just cruel and unnecessary.
Masochist Marduk
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk
Persephone_xx
Masochist Marduk

Why would you even want to be friends with someone who's attracted to you, if you don't return the feelings? It's awkward and weird. And they'll always cling to some sad belief that eventually they'll "win you over" and you'll fall for them. Even if they won't admit it. Most women are under the illusion that men have good intentions, but I say with confidence that 9 out of 10 don't. As a rule you should probably stay away from single straight guys if you don't want to date them, it's just cruel and unnecessary.

I started out being attracted to some of my friends and not able to date them for various reasons, but guess what. I don't stay their friend in a sad hope that one day they'll see me for the beautiful soul I am and propose marriage. I stay friends with them because I like who they are as people and I enjoy being around them.

If I try to become someone's friend, then I am not leading them on. I'm trying to be nice. If some guys misinterpret that, that is THEIR problem and not mine. I'm not cruel, they're just self centered idiots. They can't win a girl because they're "too nice". The reason they can't win a girl is because they can't see outside themselves, have no idea how to woo women and resort to whining and attempting (and failing) to pressure girls into pity sex.

Dangerous Autobiographer

yes there is it's when the other person is interested in dating you but doesn't want to because they're afraid they'll lose you and just want to keep you there as a friend
that is essentially what the friend zone is as a whole neutral

Hygienic Receiver

There is such a thing as a friend zone. It's when a woman doesn't find any romantic interest in you and makes you her friend.

It's just another word for being friends. It does exist. Lol.

Invisible Phantom

Ariana_Zareb
User Image

Guys tend to like "bitchy bimbos" not because of the fact that they are "bitchy bimbos" but because they're physically attractive. Women who are physically attractive probably more often than average women are spoiled and get everything they want which turns them into bitchy bimbos.

I do want to point out though that I don't think most physically attractive women are bitchy bimbos, I'm just giving my personal experience, but as far as I can tell there's not much of a correlation between a woman's personality and her physical appearance.

However I'm just pointing out that the honest truth is that men aren't attracted to a woman because she is a bitchy for the reason that men for the most part don't put a lot of value on a woman's personality. Men care the most about the way a woman looks.

However with women it's quite different. Women mainly care about a man's power, resources (money in today's society), and social status. The way a man acts as a signal for all these things, and women draw a connection between an arrogant man and a successful man. So that's why so many women are drawn to men who are "jerks."

It's also important to point out there have been studies on mammals and they find what they call a "paradox" that the more an authority figure treats their mates and/or children in an abusive and cold way, the more they cling onto the authority figure. Considering the fact that you often find that women who date jerks are also women who really just want to be submissive to a man and want to be protected by him, that this study really does support that their probably is a biological/neurological phenomena occurring that causes submissive women to be attracted to men who are abusive/arrogant/cocky/jerks/etc/etc. It's also well known that women who date abusive men also tend to have had abusive parents.

I think it's interesting, I just think the big mistake lots of people make is their hesitancy to look at human beings as animals or as just another biological creature. People do not like the thought of analyzing human behavior from a scientific perspective to understand it, instead we're told to just take what people say at face value and not be skeptical of what they think of themselves.

Invisible Phantom

Ichbindumm
Ariana_Zareb
User Image

Guys tend to like "bitchy bimbos" not because of the fact that they are "bitchy bimbos" but because they're physically attractive. Women who are physically attractive probably more often than average women are spoiled and get everything they want which turns them into bitchy bimbos.

I do want to point out though that I don't think most physically attractive women are bitchy bimbos, I'm just giving my personal experience, but as far as I can tell there's not much of a correlation between a woman's personality and her physical appearance.

However I'm just pointing out that the honest truth is that men aren't attracted to a woman because she is a bitchy for the reason that men for the most part don't put a lot of value on a woman's personality. Men care the most about the way a woman looks.

However with women it's quite different. Women mainly care about a man's power, resources (money in today's society), and social status. The way a man acts as a signal for all these things, and women draw a connection between an arrogant man and a successful man. So that's why so many women are drawn to men who are "jerks."

It's also important to point out there have been studies on mammals and they find what they call a "paradox" that the more an authority figure treats their mates and/or children in an abusive and cold way, the more they cling onto the authority figure. Considering the fact that you often find that women who date jerks are also women who really just want to be submissive to a man and want to be protected by him, that this study really does support that their probably is a biological/neurological phenomena occurring that causes submissive women to be attracted to men who are abusive/arrogant/cocky/jerks/etc/etc. It's also well known that women who date abusive men also tend to have had abusive parents.

I think it's interesting, I just think the big mistake lots of people make is their hesitancy to look at human beings as animals or as just another biological creature. People do not like the thought of analyzing human behavior from a scientific perspective to understand it, instead we're told to just take what people say at face value and not be skeptical of what they think of themselves.

And you took the hilarity out of the comic cat_stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces