Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Sweetheart

so, I recently met a guy I kinda developed a crush on. I talked with him yesterday and he seems quite nice and kind, a bit adventurous but I also discovered he smokes and I'm not very fond of people smoking, I often get headaches from the smoke. But I don't want to miss my chance on this guy only because he smokes.

so:

would you date a guy who smokes and why?

Sugary Cat

No because it's disgusting.

Fashionable Fatcat

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Yup. I'm used to people smoking. My mother has smoked for as long as I can remember. It's not a nice smell, but it's familiar.

Hilarious Prophet

I'd have to like them first.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Depends what they smoke and how badly they reek of it.

Sparkly Lunatic

Only if I liked the person a super lot. I think smoking is disgusting, and it stinks. My mom used to smoke around me when I was a kid and such and I hated it, Besides how gross it is, it's also very harmful and stupid to do. I was very glad when my mom finally quit, like 6 years ago now.

Moonlight Lover

17,075 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Mhm. I am dating a guy who smokes. I hate it, and he knows I do. I'm not going to force him to quit though just because I don't like the habit. He can make his own decisions. 3nodding

Wheezing Kitten

26,865 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PFFT, NO! If I kissed him it would be like licking an ash tray. Besides, smokers smell horrible and they don't even know it. Serious turn off.

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
Yes because I'm a smoker. But the only problem I have with dating heavy smokers is I tend to smoke more when I'm around heavier smokers. So when I have dated heavy smokers I'd go from 1 pack every 3 days to a pack a day.

Invisible Bloodsucker

Depends on how often and how much someone smokes. I am a sensitve person who always has to cough when too much smoke is in a closed room. I would not mind if the person smokes sometimes but if it is too much, I have to tell the person that I am sensitve towards smoke and that he/she has at least to reduce it.

Wheezing Fatcat

no. i like perfect teeth.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Nope. Asthma.

Bibliophile

23,850 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hero 100
Nope, smoking is a dealbreaker for me. It's disgusting, it's a really stupid way to throw money away, and I also find addiction very unattractive.

Even if I could get over that, I'd need them to give it up eventually if I were to have kids with them (which is something I want) and I don't believe you should ever get into a relationship with someone if you want to change them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff