Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Gaian

Hello, my name is Mariafelix. So far I've lost 5lbs eating every three hours for the past two weeks. But I would like to know faster ways to burn calories and lose weight. Help is much appreciated <3

Omnipresent Hunter

Exercise, spicy food, lots of fiber, veggies, and water.

Fashionable Gaian

4,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
The best way to get in shape is by exercising! You have to want it. smile

Friendly Gaian

TickleMeSoftly
lol, thank you so much for the information...
Hmm well there are no good short cuts. The best solution is to commit yourself over the next year and lose the weight over that time.

Wealthy Businesswoman

10,350 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
illeqalbeauty
Hello, my name is Mariafelix. So far I've lost 5lbs eating every three hours for the past two weeks. But I would like to know faster ways to burn calories and lose weight. Help is much appreciated <3

omg hurl u gotta tell me how u lost weight every 3 hours for the past two weeks ?

Friendly Dog

12,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Citizen 200
I would recommend you watching YouTube videos called six pack short cuts. Watch Mike Chang's techniques for getting ripped quickly. Six Pack Short Cuts . com could help. Just have to pay attention to Mike Chang's tips on working out.

Friendly Gaian

xI Juicy Juice Ix
illeqalbeauty

omg hurl u gotta tell me how u lost weight every 3 hours for the past two weeks ?

It's the simplest diet ever, I lost 26 lbs in 3 months just by eating snacks every three hours (no exercise) lol oh and occasional cheating on weekends. Um it's breakfast , snack, snack, snack, and dinner. By snack I mean for example, an apple and crackers, protein bar, or protein shack. Etc .

Wealthy Businesswoman

10,350 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
illeqalbeauty
xI Juicy Juice Ix
illeqalbeauty

It's the simplest diet ever, I lost 26 lbs in 3 months just by eating snacks every three hours (no exercise) lol oh and occasional cheating on weekends. Um it's breakfast , snack, snack, snack, and dinner. By snack I mean for example, an apple and crackers, protein bar, or protein shack. Etc .

so eat something than when I get hungry eat an apple and then if I get hungry some more eat some crackers and then when it comes to dinner eat?, I heard people lost weight for cabbage soup diet, im trying to lose 37 lbs so I can get rid of my love handles

Divine Zealot

illeqalbeauty

So you know, you can eat less often, but the same number of calories. There's zero metabolic advantage to eating so often, despite what people might tell you.

Indrah

Some things to note. Spicy food doesn't necessarily improve metabolism. Eat it because you enjoy it, because there's not much else to it.
The body can't digest insoluble fiber, but the soluble stuff gets absorbed better (and we can digest it, so that's a plus).

illeqalbeauty
TickleMeSoftly
lol, thank you so much for the information...

But it's true. While you can lose weight through diet alone, to maximize your caloric deficit, you either starve yourself, or eat a little bit more, and start exercising yourself into the deficit.

Don't look for shortcuts, they don't work, or don't work as advertised.

Omnipresent Hunter

Wraiem

Indrah

Some things to note. Spicy food doesn't necessarily improve metabolism. Eat it because you enjoy it, because there's not much else to it.
The body can't digest insoluble fiber, but the soluble stuff gets absorbed better (and we can digest it, so that's a plus).

Not necessarily it doesn't, no, but it can't hurt.
And while you can't digest insoluble fiber it does give you that "full" feeling faster.

Divine Zealot

Indrah
Wraiem

Indrah

And while you can't digest insoluble fiber it does give you that "full" feeling faster.

Then there's no reason to ingest them unless you like them.
Last I checked, nutrients play a much stronger role in satiety. Starving one's body of nutrition is just going to make one hungry soon after eating.

Omnipresent Hunter

Wraiem
Indrah
Wraiem

Indrah

Last I checked, nutrients play a much stronger role in satiety. Starving one's body of nutrition is just going to make one hungry soon after eating.

Or unless you want to give it a try. It works some, doesn't for others.
That's kind of an extreme conclusion to arrive to. It doesn't make /that/ big of a difference unless all you eat is a roughage, and at that point you'd be better off just dragging your mandible through the nearest forest floor.

Divine Zealot

Indrah
Wraiem
Indrah
Wraiem

Indrah

That's kind of an extreme conclusion to arrive to. It doesn't make /that/ big of a difference unless all you eat is a roughage, and at that point you'd be better off just dragging your mandible through the nearest forest floor.

It does work, for about 30 minutes, and then it stops. This boost is about 5-10%, and is lucky to get over 100 calories, but this burst happens for just about everything you eat anyway, and has a varying number of calories that are expended anyway.
I was suggesting that, instead of focusing on fiber for satiety, one should focus on nutrition instead. There are, however, very nutritious foods that contain fiber as well, but eating them simply for the fiber to feel "full" isn't the way to go about it.

Omnipresent Hunter

Wraiem
Indrah
Wraiem
Indrah
Wraiem

Indrah

It does work, for about 30 minutes, and then it stops. This boost is about 5-10%, and is lucky to get over 100 calories, but this burst happens for just about everything you eat anyway, and has a varying number of calories that are expended anyway.
I was suggesting that, instead of focusing on fiber for satiety, one should focus on nutrition instead. There are, however, very nutritious foods that contain fiber as well, but eating them simply for the fiber to feel "full" isn't the way to go about it.

True, but spicy food can give people that feeling of, for a lack of a better term, activation. Most other food does not despite the temporary metabolic boost. And even while not conclusive, there is still some evidence to suggest that it makes it more intense and/or last longer. Small differences can add up, it just depends on whether or not it's worth it to the individual.
A bowling split of different philosophies then. And while I agree with the fact that nutrition plays a greater role in satiety, Insoluble Fiber does play a role. It's another idiosyncrasy of the individual's gastric preferences, as some also prefer the feeling of having eaten a decent volume in addition to the nutritional requirements.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff