Welcome to Gaia! ::

Many of you may be thinking that Nintendo remade Ocarina of Time, so certainly Majora's Mask will be released sometime after the new Link to the Past. Seeing as Ocarina of Time has been re-released in some fashion more than four times as opposed to MM's one-time Virtual Console debut, I'm not so sure. OoT has been voted best game of all time in numerous polls and is widely considered to be a classic. MM, though considered by many series fans to be the better game, has not received much notoriety since its release, when it won first place in every applicable category in that year's Game of the Year issue of Nintendo Power. Considering its limited enduring popularity, I'm worried Nintendo won't remaster the game due to monetary concerns--whether the consumer would purchase the game.

My question, and perhaps a gaming forum isn't the best place to ask for an unbiased answer, is if Nintendo did decide to release Majora's Mask for the 3DS, would you be interested in purchasing it? How well do you think the game would sell on said platform?

Rich Lover

11,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100

⊱ 'You can only pretend we're two of a kind...'

To answer your question, yes I would buy it.

There might be hope, though. Since this year's Club Nintendo reward was the MM OST, maybe there's hope?

'...For I am cut from your mortal fears.'⊰

Lonely Exhibitionist

Probably, Nintendo likes shooting themselves in the foot and screwing themselves with the wii u.
Bobsplosion

I want to believe there is some correlation there, since the year prior one of the prizes was a Majora's Mask download on VC. However, I think if there were some real interest on Nintendo's part to remake MM, that they would hint at it a bit stronger than in their Club Nintendo prizes.

Rich Lover

11,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
An Shouji

Maybe not as much as a hint as done sort of "in passing."
And don't they have 3 LoZ games in development right now? Maybe they're just saving the news to make it sweeter later.

Phantom

A Majora's Mask remake would be great
Bobsplosion

Yes, considering that, if there were to be a remake it probably wouldn't be until the end of the 3DS's lifespan, or later. Do you remember when everyone talked about an OoT remake on the DS? We got one, of course, but not until the next generation of handhelds.

Rich Lover

11,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
An Shouji

I don't think they would purposely hold it back like that.

However, you did make me consider the possibility that they're remaking it for the Wii U. I think that could move more than a couple of units.

Bobsplosion

Wow, that would be a treat, wouldn't it? But the likelihood of that is, to me, even more questionable than a 3DS remake since supposedly, such a remake would require a minimum amount of effort as many of the textures/characters already exist in OoT. That, and I'm not sure that they would attempt to top Wind Waker with an older game in the series.

I hope WW moves the units it should. The Wii U deserves more than it has gotten thus far.

Rich Lover

11,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
An Shouji

As much as I hate to say it, EA support would really help it along.
Their embargo is really hurting.

Bobsplosion

It's true, but this has been a long time coming. This generation is starting to look like the last--I was hoping that I could purchase a Wii U and be set for the next generation, but it looks like the Microsoft/Sony exclusivity of 'hardcore' games is set to continue.

Rich Lover

11,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
An Shouji

Sadly ;(

It's probably optimal to get a Wii U and then a PS4. Warframe and Mercenary Kings are some nice alternatives to their PC counterparts.

PrinnyDance's Spouse

Anxious Browser

13,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
What I've heard, they're still toying with it. I'd like a remake of it though because I'd like to at beat it at least once and I don't have an N64 to play it.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Since they're pretty well done with that original 3DS Zelda title, this is next on their supposed list.

We'll see though...

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
I remember reading in a gaming magazine a while back that MM was like Nintendo's uncle who came back from 'Nam all messed up and no-one spoke about him. Or something similar. I think that's how Nintendo sees it too, sadly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff