Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Phantom

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is the OOC thread for Suldusk Academy of the Forest. Do no RP here. Please do not start drama.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Witty Gaian

11,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tipsy 100
I'm going to wait for Blood Thorn so she doesn't fall too far behind.

Lonely Phantom

Alright good idea ^^

Hilarious Gekko

5,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Sorry guys, its been a crazy day. I should be able to post more tomorrow, though.

Demonic Prophet

14,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
This is my first Gaia RP. There is so much waiting involved. How many of these things do you guys usually do at once?

Witty Gaian

11,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tipsy 100
Coheart
This is my first Gaia RP. There is so much waiting involved. How many of these things do you guys usually do at once?

It depends on how involved it is. When I first started, all my rp posts were around this length and not super complicated, so I was in a ton of them at once. I've had a lot more involved ones though that I didn't need as many to keep me occupied. I have one friend whom I post 5-6 paragraph posts with, so that would keep me more occupied than something like this would. The waiting also depends on the etiquette set. Some people don't like to wait for others to post before they post again which leads to quicker responses, but can be less fun for those who have work or school to fill their hours, or it can be turn based, which means each cluster of characters posts in a certain order. There's more waiting involved but it also keeps more people involved than a couple people going off and dominating seven pages of posts. Personally, I have five-ish at the moment. I'm holding out hope that number six will rise from the grave at some point. A handful are single threads like this and one of them is an entire subforum of a guild where people play multiple characters and have various locations that it takes place in. The biggest factor is how busy people are. I have a job I have to leave for in ten minutes, but in the fall I'll also be a full time student with a job. If everyone in a roleplay has that sort of schedule, it moves slower. If everyone is free 24/7 then it tends to move a lot faster.

Lonely Phantom

Rogue Phoenix Fire
Coheart

It depends on how involved it is. When I first started, all my rp posts were around this length and not super complicated, so I was in a ton of them at once. I've had a lot more involved ones though that I didn't need as many to keep me occupied. I have one friend whom I post 5-6 paragraph posts with, so that would keep me more occupied than something like this would. The waiting also depends on the etiquette set. Some people don't like to wait for others to post before they post again which leads to quicker responses, but can be less fun for those who have work or school to fill their hours, or it can be turn based, which means each cluster of characters posts in a certain order. There's more waiting involved but it also keeps more people involved than a couple people going off and dominating seven pages of posts. Personally, I have five-ish at the moment. I'm holding out hope that number six will rise from the grave at some point. A handful are single threads like this and one of them is an entire subforum of a guild where people play multiple characters and have various locations that it takes place in. The biggest factor is how busy people are. I have a job I have to leave for in ten minutes, but in the fall I'll also be a full time student with a job. If everyone in a roleplay has that sort of schedule, it moves slower. If everyone is free 24/7 then it tends to move a lot faster.

Agreed. Heart, you should join at least 3 or 4 if you want to keep yourself occupied ^^ I plan on making two more myself, a demonic academy and one in a city setting for all species/races x3

Lonely Phantom

OOC Announcement!

Hello everyone~ I would like people's opinions on a new section for the first page ^o^

I have thought about putting a Time/Day section type thing. Where it says what hour it is or if it is lunchtime or bedtime etc, what day of the week it is, what the weather is like, and so on.

If you would like this added, please tell me here in OOC. If you would not like this added, also please tell me here in OOC ^^ I will probably take majority vote but if it is around half and half I might not.

I know some people like it because it gives more of an idea and lets them know where they should be, but also some people don't like it because they like more of a liquidy-flowy type of rp.

Witty Gaian

11,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tipsy 100
I like it. It gives a better starting point. The rp can flow from there or it can be updated, but I like having a more solid idea rather than a couple people being out at midnight and everyone else in their fifth period classes.

Demonic Prophet

14,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
I don't care.... -.-" gaia_nitemareleft Look, I found the emotes. gaia_nitemareright

Lonely Phantom

Coheart
I don't care.... -.-" gaia_nitemareleft Look, I found the emotes. gaia_nitemareright
XDDDD You're silly.

Hilarious Gekko

5,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I think its a good idea. Like rogue said, it gives everyone a general idea of the date and time, and season/sun light outside by default

Lonely Phantom

OOC Announcement!

Technical Difficulties!

Alright well there seems to be some technical difficulties regarding images not showing up. First the image of the school wasn't, and now I've been told some of the characters pictures are not showing up. Please be patient while I try to fix this or see whats wrong or why.

Lonely Phantom

OOC Announcement!

Godmodding and other things!

It seems we are having a bit of trouble with a few things in the rp. I would like to remind everyone that, there is no Godmodding. Also, an issue that has occurred is, if someone creates an animal or another character (Like one without a profile such as a stranger or a family member visiting etc) That others CANNOT control it or decide how it reacts to things, even if it is around your character! Please try your best not to do this!

Example: The hawk that Shae has. Please do not decide whether or not it likes you, or if it attacks you or is calm towards you. That is the same thing as saying "He approaches Shae, but Shae seems to dislike LuSean a lot. So LuSean backs away slowly, then runs off crying." (Teehee)

Tipsy Werewolf

4,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
I think it's a pretty good idea to have the time of day, and other information like that. Just so there isn't confusion (some people in class, some people just waking up in the middle of the night) Plus. if you change the time of day suddenly, it can shake things up, and help people along when it starts to get slow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff