Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Bachelorette

11,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Jacob 100
owo Just curious of your opinion
Whatever fits your lifestyle since pets are not interchangeable. =)
As Cardinal said, it depends on each individual person's lifestyle.

For me, dogs and cats are the best fit. I can't suitably provide for the needs of (most) enclosure-kept animals at this point in time so it wouldn't be fair to them for me to get one

Beloved Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
There are 157 AKC recognized breeds of dogs, 73 breeds of cat, 5 breeds of hamsters, etc. Each one has a different breed standard, and each individual animal in each breed is different.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

It depends on what you can afford, what you have time for, allergies, your living situation, and a million other factors.

Dedicated Hoarder

Reptiles. :3

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
Obvs poodles
You can change your mind and cut/dye them into something else!!
Want a pony?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
How 'bout a peacock?
or maybe a panda?
SNAIL!
my personal fav
i dunno wtf this is but cool!
thiss one is super disapointed. he wanted blues clues instead.
haha which way is the butt?? haha
good for holidays too!
Halloweeen
grinchmas!!
User Image
DRAGGOOON DAAAAYY!
and it is the year of the snake
haha pooodles

5,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
Flutter Fox
Obvs poodles
Want a pony?

or maybe a panda?

HAND OVER THE PANDA, PLEASE

Friendly Fatcat

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Popular Thread 100
If you stay home a lot then I would recommend something like a dog, a cat, a rabbit or hamster or rat, but if your not home much I would recommend maybe a reptile. A bearded dragon a spider or, a snake? Bearded dragons are more expensive to maintain as in the amount of live food they eat and the vivarium costs just under £200 here in the uk, but that includes the electrics and everything. With a snake you just need a tub and a heat matt. A lot of people think they should put a snake in a vivarium twice as big as its self and it's wrong because snakes like to feel safe, and they feel most safe in tubs. Anyone who knows anything about snakes or has one with no because your snake will let you no by not feeding, if its not feeding that means its no comfortable or stressing. My mum has a collection of snakes (which part of them were stolen from her reptile shop, 56 snakes) and all of them are feeding correctly because she's keep them in tubs.

It does depends on your lifestyle, you have to thin about the animal first. If your life style can't meet it's needs and you still really want it, please don't get it, it's unfair on the animal.
hiyaim3mily
A lot of people think they should put a snake in a vivarium twice as big as its self and it's wrong because snakes like to feel safe, and they feel most safe in tubs.

With a "tub" how much is the snake able to move around?

Friendly Fatcat

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Popular Thread 100
~ Aki - Fairy ~
hiyaim3mily
A lot of people think they should put a snake in a vivarium twice as big as its self and it's wrong because snakes like to feel safe, and they feel most safe in tubs.

With a "tub" how much is the snake able to move around?

not a tiny tub, but a bit bigger then a litter tray. Snakes will move arrange when you get them out to handle them, they prefer to be left alone tbh, they can stil move around in the tub easily. You just suit the tub to the size of a snake

Dangerous Lover

hiyaim3mily

That's why you should provide some form of shelter/hide in their tank, so they can move around freely if they like or can hide in an enclosed space if they like but are not confined to a small space.

Friendly Fatcat

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Popular Thread 100
zombie amoureux
hiyaim3mily

That's why you should provide some form of shelter/hide in their tank, so they can move around freely if they like or can hide in an enclosed space if they like but are not confined to a small space.

It depends on the snake really, but royal pythons for example prefer to be in a tub, there quite timid and that's why they go into balls, unlike corn snakes they'll be in your face and skittish

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
hiyaim3mily
zombie amoureux
hiyaim3mily

It depends on the snake really, but royal pythons for example prefer to be in a tub, there quite timid and that's why they go into balls, unlike corn snakes they'll be in your face and skittish

we had balls for educational purposes their every day living was ina a large homemade display tank (originally built to house a Burmese on top, and then the bottom split into a place for balls and a blue tongue skink). yes they were taken out daily and handled but they had a good size habitat where they could go where they wanted.

living in a tub would be like only let your dog or cat live in a crate where he can sleep, eat and potty. not a life for any animal. Or in some of those "Hamster/gerbil" trails *shudders*

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
Flutter Fox
Obvs poodles
Want a pony?

Now every little girl can have a pony!!!!

This is probably one reason why i owuld prefer my poodle not to be white.... I would be to tempted to let some of the 'crazy' poodle groomers have to much fun with him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff