Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dementedly's Waifu

Omnipresent Rogue

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User ImageUser Image

xx. xxx. xYOU'VE BEEN RUNNING FOR SO LONG ▬▬ STILL BREATHING
                      xx. xx.hoping soon to find a song worth singing EVERY CHAPTER OF THIS NODETHEY'RE READING
                      xx. xxxxxxx xxxx xx xx
                      xx. xxx. ( but you're slowly losing hope...on b l e e d i n g )
                      xx. xxx. ( raise another broken glass to f a i l u r e )
                      xx. xxxx. a simple promise of a crimson savior◞. xxx. xxxx. xxxA LOOK INTO THE LIFE YOU'RE 》LEAVING xxx. xxx. xxxxx. xxx. xxx I PROMISE YOU ▐▐▐ THIS ISN'T PAIN YOU'RE FEELING ★
                      xxx. xxx. xxxxx. xxx. xxx* i'll carry you. my. darkest. desirexxxxxxxxxxxx* when life sings to you xxx. xxx.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬xx ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬xx ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                      xx. xxxx. xxTHROUGH❜ ⊹DEVILS ㅣ*◟C H O I R S »⋮

Annoyance overwhelmed the wizard, making his body tense with every bemused smile the demon presented. His arrogance seemed to be even worse than his human counterpart's; causing Adonis to struggle to appear acquiescent. This man found out how to get under his skin and was taking each and every opportunity to do so and was enjoying every second of it. Adonis wasn't sure why he didn't just put the demon in his place right when his space had been evaded.

Now the dark haired male glared at Lucius unemotionally, his lips set in a firm line once his question had been thrown out into the space between them. Adonis noticed Lucius' golden orbs darken in response to his inquiry and it wasn't long before his voice permeated the room, demanding an audience. There was a definite undeniable power in his tone. Adonis was briefly fazed by Lucius' point. It was not that Adonis had not considered it but more the fact that once more, the demon had displayed his high level of knowledge. Adonis hadn't expected the ' monster ' to be this intelligent and found the displays rather surprising. As though his mind had forgotten the conversations they had had only moments prior. He still hadn't completely registered that this man wasn't some mild-less bloodthirsty creature – human Lucius had made this side seem so sinister. Dangerous, perhaps. Evil? Not really...

Having lost himself to his reverie, Adonis returned to reality once he noticed movement from the man. He had adjusted his position, rooting both feet to the floor and grasping the arm rests of the chair as though... as though he were a king overlooking his domain. Adonis listed his head slightly, his lone eye traveling over Lucius' being, taking mental notes on his posture, his expression, the horns that protruded out of his head and his fangs – visible whenever he spoke or smiled. He hadn't said a word yet, his brain also finding the proper words to make a response. Lucius spoke again, his long fingers hitting the arm rests until he paused and leaned back.

The young male's attention returned to the demon full force, realizing the next words out of his mouth would be highly relevant and could not be missed or ignored.

He quickly found that he had been correct. The words hadn't been anticipated in the least. His lips thinned even more, his body stiffening as he stared at Lucius' face, listening and observing. Lucius gave an extremely brief smirk before it faded back into a serious expression that seemed strange on this man's face. There was no ignoring the underlying message. Lucius deemed him important, considering he was the only person to ever invite him out. Losing Adonis meant losing a chance to be acknowledged.

” Your first conversation... “ he repeated, thinking aloud. His arms had temporarily unfolded, one of his palms rubbing the right side of his face. This was a lot to take in at once. Especially for his exhausted mind. But Adonis refused to end this out of... What? Pity for the poor unfortunate demon? his mind inquired acrimoniously. Though if he were to be true to himself, that was surely part of it. As well as the need for knowledge. To learn not only for material to use to solve this ' issue ' but out of his own curiosity too. This was the first demon he'd ever come into contact with. It would have been a lie to say he wasn't interested in some way.

He tried to wrap his mind around that thought. This was the demonic side of Lucius' first conversation ever. Though the next question would be how long was he in existence... but still. Adonis usually avoided conversation with others intentionally but to be forced into silence and rejected repeatedly...

Again, the voice Adonis was outrageously fond of brought him back to the situation at hand. Adonis closed his eye but motioned with his left for Lucius to continue speaking as his right slid down his face. He took note of the change in the demon's tone, how it had grown serious. His eye opened towards the end of his speech, his eye falling upon the horned man again quickly. Once more he was impressed by the fact that the man had thought this through. But it the feeling faded rapidly.

Looking at Lucius, Adonis met his familiar yellow hues calmly. He seemed to be staring right past his flesh into the blood, bone, and muscle that made his body. His request wasn't outrageous. It wasn't impossible. I could set aside a few minutes of my day... Silently he weighed the options but could come up with no other con besides ' he pisses me off '. However, Lucius sparked the same emotion in Adonis in his human form. It was a double bladed knife. Granted demonic Lucius had a better chance of harming Adonis if he wanted but... Adonis eyed the man again, watching as he stood and closed the distance between them and with a sigh he abandoned his thoughts. This time the demon gave Adonis space.

The look on his face reminded Adonis of some kind of cornered animal trying to feign an air of viciousness in order to be left alone. Adonis nodded slightly to show he heard Lucius agree to help only if Adonis agreed to his demand. His good eye glanced at the demon's closed fists sharply as... anger? Overwhelmed him. He couldn't possibly be trying to restrain himself...

His threat rolled off Adonis who had already made his decision. And who had decided that once this was over and Lucius was gone, would make a tangible symbol of his decision so he wouldn't be able to forget it, even for a moment.

Adonis' arms resumed their folded position across his chest. ” Congratulations on making your first reasonable request. “ A corner of his lips threatened to turn upwards but stayed put. ” I agree... on one condition. You mentioned it before but I believe I should reiterate it. You are only allowed to show your face to me behind closed doors. Am I clear? “ he asked as though he was a parent talking to a rebellious teenager. ” There's a young woman out there; Aca- Ace, I believe you met her once? White hair, purple eyes; ringing any bells? “ Without waiting for an answer, he advanced. ” I would like you to refrain from... appearing to her especially to ensure her safety. If anything happened to her... “ his eye somehow managed to grow even harsher, his hands gripping his own elbows tightly. ” I would make whatever a demon is capable of look like child's play. “ he finished, his words tone showing that this was no joke.

He scanned Lucius' face before relaxing his fingers, his hands suddenly aching from being clenched too tightly. ” Oh, and I'll probably put you to work. But that's a small price to pay for some freedom, is it not? “ Adonis asked, his tone neutral once more. He wasn't risking much by agreeing to this. Some portion of his mind insisted that this was the least he could do for the man who found himself caged a majority of the time. If he wanted company before he was... Adonis brushed the thought away before it could complete itself. It wasn't his job to think about things; only to agree and get them done.

” With that said... I'd like to get my questions out of the way. “ He said, seeming placid once more.

Masterful Lover

User Image
User Image↷` YOU'RE GONNA PUSH YOUR LUCK
xxxxxxxx tell me you've had enough
xxx──────── xx ──────── xx ────────
xxxI'M TAKING OFF THESE GLOVES
xxxx( GET DOWN AND LICK THE DUST

What the hell did I just...? Ace sat frozen and quiet as the voice in her head steadily became more frantic. However, the female apprentice's concern wasn't exclusive to just her own actions--she wasn't the only one behaving strangely. The minute after she had literally pushed Vaith out of the kitchen, he'd hadn't said a word. Vaith...not talking. It was strange how the very silence she wished from him so many times now was starting to fill her with panic and dread. Somewhat admitting to herself earlier that his absence had upset her seemed to break a barrier within her and Ace found herself afraid a repeat was soon to follow, leaving her alone trying to figure out what it was that she had done wrong. Again.

In her mind, there was no denying that she was the problem. Not only was it a role she was familiar with, but thinking back to the grocery trip incident and this one, it appeared that Ace was the only common denominator. Vaith seemed fine until she...did something. What it was for either times, she wasn't sure. She tried to replay the most recent occurrence in her head while it was still fresh, hoping the answer would present itself to her. He seemed normal, was happy about the food, and then I got...flustered and pushed him out the--

Her body stiffened and her eyes widened as her thoughts came to a screeching halt. No, that's ridiculous, if he had a problem with that, he wouldn't have had his hands all over me the other day! It sounded convincing enough in her head, but doubt lingered, keeping the knots inside her stomach from untwisting. Maybe after the shopping trip, he...can't stand me? He had lit up seeing her enter the kitchen, but as far as Ace was concerned it was because she had somehow become his magical fridge. Take the food away and there's nothing left to like anymore?

Ace's stomach was turning, bothered by the thought, by not knowing what she did the first time, by simply being bothered by this at all. How many times did she ever tell Vaith she couldn't stand him? True, he seemed to take it in stride, replying with a laugh, playfully offering her a seat. Why can't I just brush it off? The image of his dark, hard face a couple days previous before he hid himself in his room appeared before her mind's eye for the countless time, her chest tightening.

As much as he irritated her, made her pissed, and got under her skin, Vaith had never made her depressed or even genuinely unhappy. She couldn't even honestly say that he had ever ruined her mood. But somehow I destroyed his.

She swallowed hard, but the painful lump that formed in her throat stayed put, aching. Destruction seems to be the only thing that comes naturally to me, huh? The normal fire, cockiness, and life in her face had long since drained away by this point and she stared dully at the counter in front of her. Maybe I'm just wasting Adonis' ti--

The rejecting voice in her head stilled as she heard a sigh escape from her once silent counterpart. Flinching, she wordlessly listened to his steps on the wooden floor, moving farther away from her. Though her self-defeating thoughts didn't have enough time to respond--she heard his steps come back to her and before she could turn to him, a light touch made her entire body freeze. When Vaith touched her hair it was enough to stun her into silence. But as he continued, gently moving her white canopy behind her ear, it was like her sinking heart snapped out of it, throwing itself against her chest in attempts to rise back to its original place. He's...touching me? Ace's eyes darted to him as she turned her head towards slowly, forgetting to blink as Vaith timidly made an offer.

Ace glanced at the darts as he presented them and spoke, but her aqua and fuchsia eyes immediately rose back to his face. Her gaze was often narrowed, her features hard and guarded, especially around anyone who wasn't Adonis. Even then, she had trouble relaxing, leaving herself open, even if it was just on her face; this fact remained true with her beloved master, even--her moments of softness were few and far in between, as were his own.

However, this proved to be a rare moment. Vulnerable from her internal battle, weary of the guilt she had burdened upon herself, the expression on her face directed at Vaith was far from a glare. Her usually piercing eyes were now soft and wide, disbelief clearly painted on her face. He's...okay? Surprise was soon replaced with bright, shining relief that overtook her colorful orbs. As Ace recovered from the realization, she finally blinked, her mind attempting to play catch up with reality.

He's offering to teach me? Even more shocking was the fact that he seemed utterly serious. Used to seeing the male apprentice with a confident and cocky demeanor that rivaled her own, Ace wasn't sure at all of what to do with the...gentle and thoughtful Vaith. Becoming increasingly aware that his touch remained, the surprisingly affectionate gesture started to finally register, and Ace could practically hear the rush of blood as a flush started to rise on her cheeks. Her hands didn't so much as twitch in reflex, to swat away his own, and the thought didn't even occur until Vaith moved his fingers away. Wait...it's just happening to fast! She frantically reasoned with herself. Yup, that's all it is...

Even more confusing was the offer itself. Ace wanted to accept--after all it was an opportunity to impress her master and to lessen the burden on him. But it was Vaith. She didn't doubt her rival's skills, having witnessed them herself and held admiration towards. But...but it's Vaith! He hadn't given or offered her anything before and Ace was completely lost of how to accept without her world turning topsy turvy.

She had watched his hand hit the counter, but regretted letting her eyes veer away from his face once she looked up at him again. Was he...is he blushing?! Before her eyes could focus, the red hue she thought she had saw was gone, and all that was left was his ever familiar devious smirk. It was odd how the same impish grin had so many times filled her with apprehension of what torture trick he had up his sleeve next, but now it felt like a lifeline, out of this...awkward and overwhelming situation.

Ace returned his smirk with her own crooked grin, her eyes losing their temporary feminine, gentle softness, replaced with a piercing gaze of a warrior full of bravado. "You're on," She told him, a hint of amusement in her strong tone. Standing up, the chair slid back, and she strolled forward, casually taking one of the darts in her hands. She was overflowing with confidence...until she was facing the dart board and actually had to do it.

Narrowing her eyes and pursing her lips, she sighed wearily, ignoring her pride and looking at what could possibly be the most unlucky tutor in the universe. "Look, I've...tried to do this before. You know, levitate things..." Ace told him, starting off strong, but her gaze became avoidant as she started growing more sheepish and uncomfortable. "But they always end up...kind of...exploding."

Ace huffed and her body bristled as if she had feathers, forcing herself to look back at Vaith. "I'd rather not clean up dart debris, so!" Her free hand clenched and unclenched as she glanced at the floor, seeming like a reluctant child as she looked back up at him with big cautious eyes. "If you could just...suggest where I should start." Her gaze hardened again in her familiar, harmless glare. "And if you say some cliché crap about starting at 'the beginning' I reserve the right to throw this at you."

Masterful Lover

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                              Lucius was beside himself. What he was doing right now was uncharacteristic for both of his sides--making himself vulnerable, to a stranger no less. From even the beginning stages of his life, the ex-nobleman was overwhelmed with rejection from his own parents. It can from no surprise from his stepmother, who was greatly threatened by any 'mistake' her adulterous husband made, though the extent she took to punish Lucius for her own insecurities was extreme, as though she wanted him to repent for ever being born. His father, his own flesh and blood, was too busy with his other pursuits to notice. It was true that Lucius was his only known son, but he was a b*****d.

Issues of rejection ran even deeper with the demon. How would anyone in the world accept him if his very self viciously casted him aside? He came to the conclusion early on that no would and that the only choice was to scare or force them into doing so.

But he was smart enough to know neither of these approaches would work on the man standing before him. Lucius didn't know him well at all and the demon knew even less. Though any fool could see that this was Adonis' territory--he was the one in command and he wouldn't be manipulated into bending backwards to fulfill Lucius' desires. If I push him too far, I'll lose my one and only chance.

Still, to stand there and willingly wait for his fate to be decided by one man was almost too much for the prideful demon to take. As he clenched his fists, he tried to brace himself for the decline that was surely about fill his ears and turn what little of the world he had upside down. So when Adonis finally spoke, declaring that his genuine request was reasonable and then proceeded to accept it, to say that Lucius was floored from the response was an understatement.

Frozen from shock for a few seconds, his body started to slowly relax from it's stiffened state as Adonis continued with is one and only condition. The request is what the demon wouldn't have expected from the man--to think that this cold individual, who literally could have asked anything from him, had chosen to squander this opprotunity to make sure some woman's safety was assured. How disappointing.

The demon knew who she was. In his few moments of freedom he had had a week or so prior, she had been one of the humans in the kitchen, and the first of the two who had pursued him after. The girl's blood, as well as the boy's, both held a tantalizing scent that he could remember clearly even now. In Lucius' moments of anger and amorousness, causing the wall between the two of them to become thin, the demon had come to smell many scents from humans, though none like theirs...but especially Adonis. I wonder if this is the savouriness of magic?

While he'd miss out on sucking the woman dry, she was hardly worth throwing his freedom away, especially when her master's magic proved stronger than the two younglings put together. If there's anyone I'd want to taste, it would be this one, he thought to himself silently, his eyes flashing with hunger for the briefest of seconds, his fangs aching behind his lips.

Grounding himself back into reality, Lucius let out a breath, cautiousness still in his eyes like a wary animal, but it was clear that he was backing off...as if he were gaining the smallest inkling of trust towards the odd creature in front of him. "I agree to only appear before you and to take a special effort that your girl doesn't lay eyes on me again." His eyes narrowed a bit as he arched an eyebrow. "Hopefully in the future she won't pursue me like she did the last time."

It was a warning, that held a suggestion between the lines that perhaps Adonis himself should have a discussion with the woman. The fact that she was so eager to rush to her death shouldn't affect Lucius chances of having his desires granted...especially after to agreeing to behave. Unfortunately, I have no control over these humans.

"As for labor...it doesn't seem I have a choice, does it?" He continued, a muscle in his temple twitching from irritation. He rolled his eyes to shoot a glare at the other side of the room. "Ironic that you seem to have more ownership and command over this body than do I..." He muttered irritably, before taking a few strides toward the bed, settling himself on the mattress, that proved more comfortable than the wooden chair across the room. Placing his palms flat on the bed, he looked up at the still standing Adonis with hint of a wicked smirk. "Care to get started?"

Dementedly's Waifu

Omnipresent Rogue

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
User Image
                                                                LOCATION ((Store)) __________ ALONG WITH ((Ace)) __________ MOOD ((Content, Focused))

I GET SO DOWN
                                                                _____ BUT I WON'T GIVE UP
                                                                ______________▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁__▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁__▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁__

________________________I WANNA _______THRIVE___THRIVE___THRIVE
                                                                ________________________ NOT JUST ___________SURVIVE___SURVIVE___SURVIVE

The air between them suddenly felt strained as silence took over. The young man too startled by the fact that Ace had gone out of her way to touch him moments ago. Vaith had touched her numerous times in his attempts to provoke her. But those times had always been him touching her. Never before had she taken the initiative to lay a hand on him. And maybe he was blowing it out of proportion but she had genuinely fazed him to the point where bouncing back quickly was more than a little difficult. But not impossible.

He tried to break the tension by conjuring up his usual playful air and grin as he made an offer to her. However, Vaith's attempt to return to his typical demeanor was slightly flawed if only for a moment as he found his cheeks momentarily heat and brighten with a flush that was rarely seen on him. Almost immediately, his smile appeared and the blush vanished as he dared Ace to allow him to show her how to levitate and toss the dart. Vaith didn't receive an immediate answer which honestly made him second guess his decision. What exactly was he even thinking? Vaith didn't even know. Why would Ace accept his offer when she had who was perhaps the best teacher in the building? He was just like her – an apprentice learning how to control his magic.

Staring at her face now, his brain noticed how her expression changed. She went from staring at the counter, lost within whatever thoughts were running through her head (he was tempted to ask what she was thinking but knew he would receive no answer) to staring at him with wide eyes. It was bizarre to see her without her harsh glare directed at him. Adonis seemed to have taught her more than just a few spells. Sometimes her glare seemed almost as astringent as his. Now, though, her glare was replaced by a look of dismay. Vaith knew he'd shocked her but he didn't know whether him pushing her hair back or making his offer was the bigger culprit. His smirk stayed upon his lips.

Now resting his tanned hand on the counter while the other gripped four darts, Vaith's golden hues continued to stare into her fuchsia ones, silently encouraging her. He expected to be denied once she registered what he was saying though for some reason, he prayed she wouldn't. It could at least be his way of thanking her for the cooking she'd done for him. Not that he would say it aloud. He had other reasons too of course, she definitely had a lot of potential. It was no wonder Adonis had agreed to take her under his wing. Vaith did want to help her out a little if possible. There was nothing more he could offer.

Then suddenly Ace was giving him her own confident smirk, her moment of vulnerability a thing of the past as she replaced it with poise. In two words, she accepted his offer, her tone sounding amused. Vaith arched a brow slightly as the woman stood and walked around the counter, smoothly taking a dart into her pale slender hand. ” Let's see what you can do then. “ he jeered, his tone as playful as ever. His eyes moved to her hand, realizing she was still. When she sighed and began to speak, he shifted his attention back to her face, listening closely. She started off looking at him but soon as she continued speaking, her gaze drifted away.

Admitting that she had trouble doing something, especially to him, was undoubtedly difficult. Vaith listed his head slightly, the hand still holding the other four darts closing around them carefully. ” Hmmm. “ The sound came from deep within his throat as he thought about statement. She was looking back at him, exclaiming that she didn't want to clean up dart debris if she accidentally caused the object to rupture.

Ah, there it is. he thought as her glare returned. A corner of his lips tilted upwards in a crooked smile at her warning. Vaith chuckled, giving her an innocent look. ” Now, why would I ever say something like that? “ he asked politely.

Seconds later his expression turned focused, as though he were trying to figure out a difficult puzzle. Dropping the other darts onto the counter, he reached out, his large hand cupping the hand Ace controlled the dart with. ” Everyone has a different way of learning something. Different kind of...procedure, I guess. It sounds to me like you put too much magic into something which is why they probably, uh, go boom. Think about what you're trying to accomplish and relax. “ Vaith paused for a moment, staring at the dart with clear eyes. ” Right now, try to at least lift an end of it using your magic. Focus just enough magic into it that will allow you to succeed but won't cause the object to end up absorbing more than it can take. Kind of just imagine magic becoming your hand, holding it for you. Picture your magic pushing it upwards. Making it mobile is another step. “

Vaith continued peering at the dart, the wheels in his head turning. ” I dunno if this'll work but, “ he attempted to focus his own magic through Ace's hand and into the dart, enough to lift the tip skyward. ” Can you sense the amount I'm putting into this? If so, try to use the same amount. “ Vaith moved his hand soon after and once he did, the dart fell, laying flat in her hand once more. After giving his advice, he rested the palm of hand on the edge of the counter, his magic no longer able to be felt by her.

Dementedly's Waifu

Omnipresent Rogue

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Had he just made a huge mistake? Adonis wondered as he stared at the silent demon having just agreed to allow the usually caged man to have some freedom as long as he was in front of Adonis only. For whatever reason, the snow haired male fell silent. Adonis wondered what was going on through his head but said not a word, impatiently waiting for a response.

The other male released the air from his lungs and gazed upon the wizard in obvious caution. Hearing Lucius' agreement, Adonis' eye softened slightly, instantly satisfied. The next step was talking to Ace and warning her – making sure that she didn't potentially danger herself again. Looking into Lucius' narrowed golden eyes, Adonis nodded slightly, understanding immediately what the underlying message was. ” I will make sure that was the first and last time. “ Luckily Ace listened to his commands rather well. Adonis didn't find joy in ordering her around but he did appreciate that she listened and did her best to obey.

Lucius' inquiry made Adonis lift his shoulders slightly and drop them in a quick shrug as he looked away somewhat, making sure he was able to still view Lucius. Adonis suddenly seemed almost bored. He heard the comment full of agitation leave the demon's lips and a corner of his lips tilted downwards. For a split second, he felt bad for the man again. Living like he has was difficult to imagine. Was it really even considered living?

His gaze fully focused on Lucius as he started to move, heading towards Adonis' empty bed and taking a seat. He couldn't seem to sit still for long. Not that Adonis really cared where he planted himself or what he did as long as he didn't end up in his face again. The dark haired man was silent again, gazing at the stranger without a hint of emotion. He took note of the wicked smirk that appeared on the man's lips and narrowed his eye slightly. That smirk had become a sign that the demon was going to annoy him somehow at this point.

Sure enough, the man did just that. His question sounding as though he was trying to call the shots which got under the wizard's skin swiftly. He pursed his lips shut for a moment, his hands slipping into his pockets. ” Watch it. “ he warned icily before tilted his head back, shifting his gaze towards the ceiling and taking a deep breath to calm himself as he mentally counted to ten.

” How long has it been since you have...appeared? From our conversation thus far, it seems as though...there's two men sharing one body... “ He paused, his mind busy thinking about what he had just said. Remembering important things the Demon had said. He'd expressed hatred for his human counterpart, had showed he'd had different thoughts, views, and desires. Their personalities seemed rather...similar. Just with the Demon being a little more arrogant and twisted. Though that was probably saying a little too much considering he didn't know the human part well enough yet. ” So then, do you share different memories? “ he wondered aloud, blinking as his head lowered, looking into Lucius' eyes. There were questions that would probably only be answered once Lucius transformed back into a human again. ” Can you describe anything of the moments after you were first...created? “ Adonis inquired casually, glancing at his desk and trying to debate whether or not to take notes. However he decided against it, figuring he would remember. His eye fell back onto Lucius.

” What happens to whoever isn't in control at the moment? “ he asked carefully, feeling as though the question would be a slight trigger to the demon's temper. Adonis wasn't sure why he assumed it would be touche but something told him to tread carefully with that one. Adonis stayed where he was, half tempted to take a seat on the bed himself, he could put enough space between them to be comfortable but for now he stayed put, his hands fists in his front pockets.

Masterful Lover

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                              Demon or not, Lucius couldn't help but stifle a chuckle at the wizard's harsh warning, bringing the back of his hand over his mouth for a moment. Ruffling his feathers, why is it so easy...and fun? The latter he was able to readily answer for himself. Someone getting reactions from people around them is one definite way to have their existence and presence acknowledged. It's such a simple thing, but powerful, and something the demon had been without for decades. To get such a strong response from the seemingly poker face champ just made the accomplishment that much sweeter.

Though it was a double edged sword. After getting attention, there'll be no going back, he remarked to himself wearily. The amusement on his face steadily began to give way and his golden eyes watched the wizard carefully. If he ever were to throw away this chance, now the banishment of nonexistence would be more painful than ever, since he got a brief taste of what he had been missing all these years. I won't let that happen.

When Adonis finally spoke again, Lucius watched him with an unreadable expression, void of deviousness or arrogance, a first in their short encounter. Though as he listened intently, the list of questions seemed to grow exponentially by the second, and one of his brows began to arch. When the wizard was done, a corner of Lucius' mouth twitched upward. "I'm not sure if I feel more impressed by the list of inquiries or flattered that you want to be in the same room with me long enough for me to answer them all," He admitted, sighing before Adonis could retaliate, his amused expression regaining a more serious, thoughtful one as he mulled the questions over.

"It's difficult for me to explain where I've been when it's essentially all I know...or remember," His eyes had fallen to the floor, tracing the cracks of the floorboards. "The state is more active than sleep. There's traveling among the nowheres of what I suppose are compartments of his mind--memories, dreams, it's hard to tell the difference. But the feeling of nonexistence is real." His gaze lifted back up to Adonis, unfaltering, hard with resolve. "So is time. The walls, doors, and gates keeping me from here have slowly withered, becoming worn to the state of shambles. It became easier to cross into reality."

The demon pursed his lips, averting his eyes and turning his face slight, as if in a rare state of shame. "I was sneaking out, especially when he slept, so he wouldn't be aware. I planned to get a better handle of this body and world before asserting total dominance--it would make switching places with him easier. But..."

He let out an exhausting, groaning sigh, eyes narrowing as he glared at the spot in front of his feet planted on the floor. "Then I was forced out recently. It was the first time. The human was conscious and out of all places, in the middle of a crowd of people. One look at the faces around me and I could tell I wasn't wanted, despite the obnoxious invitation. I used this one man who looked particularly smug as a human shield of sorts, throwing him at the crowd as I left town before an effective mob could form," Leaning back on his palms, he shrugged. "Being seen was a nice change of pace and I could easily handle a gaggle of humans, but I knew my time was limited, and the human isn't as...skilled, except for doing away with me."

Lucius' two orbs met Adonis' lone gold one again. "Unfortunately, the incident caused him to finally become aware of me, and as I assumed before, he viciously fought to throw me back where I had spent all those years. I refused. So he came to you, convincing himself that I was a product of that fool."

His fingers strummed against the mattress as he allowed it to sink in for a few moments before tackling more questions. "I've been around longer than he'll admit...though that's more due to denial than dishonesty--after all the most shocked human that day was him. And while I'm not an expert with time nor in regular contact with clocks, I can assure you," He began slowly, his narrow eyes hardening. "I've been suffering far longer than he has."

Lucius' jaw tightened and in irritation his lips parted and he dragged his tongue against the tip of his fangs, then kissed his teeth. "That being said, it's obvious he has no memories of me nor my experiences...if you can even call them that. And I don't freely have access to his either, not that I'm very interested in them, though as I mentioned before, I may have experienced some unknowingly, mistaking it for his dreams." He paused, glancing at his audience, as if he was mulling over to reveal the next tidbit or not, ultimately deciding on the former. "However there are times that the barriers would thin and it was as if I could see from his eyes; it used to be rare before, but since the incident, it's become almost common." Lucius smirked, his eyes slowly trailing up to the man's face, his bottom lip catching on the tip of one of his fangs for a moment. "How I was able to remember your scent."

Bringing an arm up to rest his elbow on his knee, he place his chin on an open palm slightly tilting his head, amusement hinting at his lips, letting Adonis ponder for a minute before interrupting. "Before another wave of your questions Magic Man, I believe I earned an answer for myself, and I'm interested..." His lips parted more, revealing a dark, devious crooked grin. "Am I your first demon?"

Masterful Lover

User Image

When that smirk slowly crawled on his face after her painful admission, Ace could feel her scowl deepening along with the shameful flush on her cheeks. How dare he-- oh. Her thoughts halted as his expression out of nowhere became determined and serious. Her facial features shifted to blank shock and she blinked in confusion as he dropped his darts and approached her. The puzzled silverette opened her mouth to ask what his problem was when his hand began holding the outside of hers. Almost immediately she regretted having opened her mouth at all, a small strangled noise resembling more of small, surprised animal rather than a brazen warrior caught off guard slipped out before she could zip her lips tight again.

Face burning with a mixture of frustration directed at herself and an emotion too girly for Ace to even admit silently to herself, she swallowed hard and attempted to calm the deafening roar of rushing blood in her ears as he started to speak. Focus, focus, focus...

Without her permission, her bright orbs fell on their hands, and for a moment Ace was lost in both the sight and the sensation. My hand looks so small in his, she couldn't help but notice, the blush starting to creep onto her neck. And he's so warm... Eyes widening, she slightly shook her head as if the dislodge the embarrassing thoughts and snap out of whatever outrageous trance she was in. Her gaze lifted to the dart board, listening intently to the apprentice's explanation. At his description, a mix between a snort and a giggle escaped her, and she hurriedly covered her mouth with her free hand, attempting to cover up her latest slip with a cough.

As silence fell for a moment, she was able to refocus, and followed his eyes to the dart in her hand, face falling a bit as he continued. What Vaith said made sense, but Ace was unsure of how to put it into practice. And if I try now and fail, it'd be like I wasted his time. Despite the torture the teenager put her through on a day to day basis, Ace didn't want to let him down and have his efforts go to waste. I don't want to be a burden...not even to him.

She repeated his instructions in his head again, as if she were hoping that reviewing them would somehow make something click inside of her, and she'd suddenly know exactly what to do and how. But just then Vaith spoke up again, seemingly throwing out a lifeline that he even forced her to take hold of--she felt the warmth on her hand grow, the temperature not rising, but instead the sensation spreading beyond her skin, through her flesh, mingling in her blood.

Ace's jaw had fallen open and was slightly agape as she looked down at their hands. It was a complete first for her, never experiencing it from Adonis before nor hearing of such a teaching tactic from her mentor either. I can feel him...inside of me. The wording of the realization proved too much for her to handle and her eyes immediately grew double their size as a deep red began to stain her face. Before her lungs could seize completely, the apprentice fought to regulate her breathing, and to silence the girly chaos rampaging within her long enough to just focus on what was at hand. Rather than who's holding my hand.

As she calmed down, Ace watched the small object start to rise out of her palm and surprisingly, she felt things in her head start to fall into place. Before the apprentice was focused merely on the outcome, rather than bothering with the steps it took to get there. Watching Vaith take so much time with step one alone and to feel the amount of magic pouring through made it clearer of what was going wrong...repeatedly.

Used to putting her all in everything she did, terms like holding back and moderation were almost foreign to the magic user. As obvious as it may have seemed to an outsider, Ace was lost as to how pull back and how much. But feeling it for myself...

The dart landed in her hand and Ace blinked, the warmth in her hand suddenly ebbing away. There was a small feeling of sadness, but the confusing emotional response was small and overshadowed by the blooming confidence surging within her. Tightening her fingers around the dart and then releasing them, she grinned. "I got this," Ace said out loud, both to him and herself.

Retraining her aqua, fuchsia eyes on the target, Ace's gaze narrowed in concentration as she tried to copy the specific amount of magical energy Vaith had put forth. Instead of going from zero to full blast like she always did, Ace thought of Vaith, how he slowly added more energy, taking his time until she had been engulfed with warmth. A slight blush rose on her cheeks at the thought, but she remained focused. Little by little, the dart rose, shakily at first, but then growing in steadiness as it came closer to eye level.

Excitement bubbled within her and as she smiled, she bit her lower bottom lip as if in an attempt to remain calm just enough to see this through. She added more energy, imagining herself giving the tiny object a push from behind. It went forward slowly and then stopped, something she repeated a couple more times, as if testing the water, before finally releasing a burst of magic that sent it zooming. The moment the dart buried it's tip in the bull's eye of the target board, Ace jumped in the air, while simultaneously turning around to beam at Vaith. "We did it!" She blubbered in bubbling excitement without thinking, causing her own gaze to widen. "I...I mean..." As the color in her face grew in intensity, she rubbed the back of her neck uncomfortably. "You helped me out a lot so..."

Dementedly's Waifu

Omnipresent Rogue

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User ImageUser Image
User Image

The demon was making it increasingly obvious that Adonis had made a huge mistake by letting his guard down for the moments that he had. Despite it not being his fault, Adonis was kicking himself in the rear for allowing Lucius to take advantage of the situation. Watching Lucius cover his mouth in an attempt to stifle laughter, Adonis narrowed his golden eye at him in his signature icy glare. Adonis could understand the reason for his devious behavior and antics but that didn't mean he was any less annoyed. Prior to meeting Lucius, Adonis had been able to control who and what broke his poker face. Losing that ability for even the briefest of moments put him off. Which he could tell the demon knew.

Forcing himself to calm down, Adonis shot multiple questions at Lucius, one after another. To his surprise, for the first time since meeting the demon, his expression was unreadable as he listened. Adonis knew he was just by glancing at his arched brow and focused yellow orbs. Adonis finished his questioning and was cautious and alert as he looked for Lucius' reactions. In return, a corner of the man's lips rose as he spoke and then allowed a sigh to escape him. Adonis made no attempt to respond, he was too distracted by watching Lucius' expression turn serious once more, undoubtedly thinking of the questions directed to him.

The moment Lucius began to speak, Adonis was listening closely, locking key words away into his memory. His gaze never left the demon but Lucius' shifted away then returned only to avert them away again soon after. His eyes were serious and hard. Understandably enough, it couldn't be very entertaining talking about your imprisonment.

Adonis arched a brow slightly, the news that the demon had been sneaking out and taking control at night came as no surprise but the fact that he admitted it did, somewhat. The next explanation Adonis received caught his attention instantly – he knew they were important. The first experience demon Lucius had and the way he explained it triggered confusion in Adonis' head as he compared the human counterpart's words with the demon's. Lucius continued, further disturbing Adonis' thoughts. Adonis had no reason to think anything the demon said was a lie, he seemed serious and sincere.

Pushing himself off the wall, Adonis' legs carried him forward. In spite of trying to refrain from using anymore magic until he could rest, Adonis' hand slipped out of his pocket and rose at his side, his hand beckoning a chair over until it glided across the floor soundlessly and stopped before him, facing the bed Lucius temporarily claimed. Adonis took his seat in the chair feet away from him, his ankle resting on his knee as he pressed his back against the chair. ” It sounds as though you're saying a dark wizard's curse didn't create you. You say you've been there longer... “ Adonis rested his elbow on the armrest and tilted his head downwards, his fingers tangling into his dark hair.

He lifted his eye to Lucius in time to see his tongue sliding over one of his fangs, the muscles in his jaw seemed tense from where Adonis sat. As the demon admitted that lately, he could kind of see things from his human counterpart's eyes, Adonis lifted his head from his hand. ” That's how you recognized me. “ he said just before Lucius continued, confirming that was why he had known Adonis' scent. Adonis heard him but was too distracted by his fangs nibbling on his lower lip to respond swiftly. Finally tearing his eyes away, Adonis exhaled slowly and mulled over what had been said thus far. ” The day I provoked Blondie and his eyes turned golden... “ Adonis' voice trailed off, the memory flashing in the front of his mind.

Lucius' voice broke through the memory, shattering it as Adonis returned to the present, eying the man before him. Demon Lucius sat looking rather amused once more and telling Adonis he had a question of his own. ” Get on with it, Demon “ Adonis murmured coolly, ignoring his crooked devious grin. His question pushed away the rest of the thoughts and distractions from Adonis' head as he repeated it mentally and snorted. ” What does it matter to you? I doubt your ego can get any bigger at this point. “ Adonis told him, placing his head back against his hand and allowing his index finger to tap against his temple lightly as his pinky and ring finger blocked his lips. ” Yes, you are my first demon. For whatever reason, I hadn't thought demons existed until I met you. “ He admitted, his index finger tapped faster. He was getting restless with so many different things to think about. Mixing serious thoughts with improper ones was proving to throw Adonis into a rare state of disarray.

With that said, Adonis let a blanket of silence fall over them. Soon, staying still became impossible again and he found himself standing up, his eye shifting from the demon to the wall behind him and back as Adonis tried to center his thoughts. He gave no thought to his next action as he abruptly found himself sitting on the edge of his mattress beside the man who enjoyed tormenting him. Even once Adonis realized, he made no effort to stand and return to his chair. There was enough space between them for Adonis to feel comfortable enough. He turned his head to look at Lucius, having sat so the man was on his blind side. ” Anymore questions for me, Demon? Since we both seem so curious about the other. “ Of course there were more questions Adonis had, but he knew there would be other days to ask them. His mind contained all he could handle for today. ” If not, then I think it's about time we said goodbye until next time. “

Dementedly's Waifu

Omnipresent Rogue

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User ImageUser Image

The fact that he had been awake and on the move since early this morning seemed to do very little to drag him down. He was literally a man on a mission, determined to find this shop of magic so many people had told him about and have his wish fulfilled. Not to mention, he'd never been this far away from home before. The shock of the new experience had yet to fade. Though, even away from home, he was still working. He was sure his request to this shop wouldn't come free or cheap so he tried to make as much money as possible on his way there.

Moving through the unfamiliar streets, he kept his head down, his dark hood pulled up. Normally he loved attention but he'd gotten more than enough of it last night. Additionally, he really just wanted to get to this celebrated shop to see just how good it was – and what kind of people were there. He picked up the pace, his fingers strumming against his thigh as he took a sharp turn. Recalling the directions a male stranger from this morning told him, Alvaro followed them by looking at the land marks he was told to look out for. A bar ( how convenient ), an inn, a little vegetable stall. Mmm, it would appear I'm on the right track. he thought, a corner of his lips lifting into a crooked smile.

Moments later, he found the magical building was in his view. It looked pretty ordinary, including the sign. ” If this is some kind of sham... “ he started, then stopped, shaking his head slightly as though the action would brush the thought away. Standing before the door, Alvaro reached out and opened it as he pulled his hood down with his other hand simultaneously. Right on the shop floor stood two young adults, both white haired and young looking. Alvaro arched a teal brow slowly, stepping into the shop and to the side as he pressed his back against a wall and pulled his hood back up, wanting to go unnoticed for now. This looked like it could be interesting.

The male had just pulled his hand away from the female and was speaking to her, a few moments passed before the dart she held in her delicate looking hand rose on it's own and then flew towards the board, hitting bulls eye. She turned towards the male, appearing to be very excited as she spoke. Alvaro lifted his hands and clapped at a moderate pace. ” Bravo, bravo~ Do it again. “ he said, grinning beneath his hood as they turned to look at him, noticing for the first time that there was another soul in the room.

Lifting a hand to his head, Alvaro dropped his hood once more then ran the same hair through his hair bright hair. ” Greetings, it's a pleasure~ “ His tone was overly friendly as he eyed the two. He wasn't able to place their ages, they both looked rather adult... Especially the male with those abs. Alvaro's tongue slid over his lips slowly. The man's attire left very little to the imagination as it showed off his refined abs and arms. His clothing was definitely foreign – he came from very, very far Alvaro determined quickly. And the woman, she looked pretty tough for a lady and had rather gorgeous eyes. Even better was her chest... Alvaro listed his head slightly, trying to place what her measurement would be close to.

It took a few minutes before he focused once more, remembering that he hadn't finished his introduction. Alvaro smiled sweetly as he bowed before standing straight once more, ” Alvaro Faxon, Varo if you'd like. “

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                      Nocturnabelle

Dementedly's Waifu

Omnipresent Rogue

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
User Image
                                                                LOCATION ((Store)) __________ ALONG WITH ((Ace, Alvaro)) __________ MOOD ((Content, Curious, Flustered, Proud))

I GET SO DOWN
                                                                _____ BUT I WON'T GIVE UP
                                                                ______________▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁__▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁__▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁__

________________________I WANNA _______THRIVE___THRIVE___THRIVE
                                                                ________________________ NOT JUST ___________SURVIVE___SURVIVE___SURVIVE

He found himself unable to stifle a chuckle at Ace's shocked strangled animal sounding noise left her as his hand caressed the bottom of hers in his larger hand. Collecting himself quickly, Vaith began to explain why she made objects explode whenever she used her magic and advise her on what to do instead. He stared at the dart, not noticing the blush on Ace's face and throat right away. As he explained, Vaith heard Ace's mixture of a snort and a giggle and lifted his golden eyes to her face as she tried to cover her mouth and hide the sound with a cough however she was a little late.

She tries so hard to not act like a girl, I wonder why. he wondered mentally. Having never done anything like this before, Vaith wasn't sure it would work. He'd never even heard of this happening before either so he had no idea how or why the thought to try it popped into his head. But if he could put magic into items he should be able to do the same with people. By the look of dismay on Ace's face, it seemed as though it was working. Almost immediately her face grew as red as a tomato and Vaith couldn't fathom why but he didn't pull his hand away just yet.

” Focus, Kitten. “

Finally pulling his hand away, Vaith blinked and flexed his fingers, looking at his own hand curiously. The fact that that had worked... He wondered if Adonis knew about this, or his own teacher. Looking back at Ace, he tilted his head as he took note of her grin and her optimistic words. ” I know you do. “ Vaith told her lightly, knowing she really would and could do it. He had every faith in her.

His eyes trained on the dart, watching as it lifted little by little, shakily at the beginning before she got more comfortable with it. The object went forward little by little as she tested the waters she was put into – he had to admit she was getting this a little faster than he had expected. And then the burst of magic he was waiting for came and sent the dart flying into the bull's eye. Vaith grinned, at the sight, feeling a strange feeling blossom in his chest. Pride...?

Ace jumped, spinning around and speaking. The three words she said caught him off guard and his smile faltered for a split second before appearing on even higher intensity. ” That was great, Ace. I didn't do anything though. “ he told her, even as she told him he had helped her a lot. Before he could open his mouth to respond, he heard clapping and turned his head towards it. A hooded figure stood against the wall but didn't remain hooded for long. The newcomer pulled it down, showing his bright hair and friendly smile. Even his voice was extremely friendly.

Vaith felt his face heat up despite the fact that he had done nothing wrong – at least he didn't think he had. ” Um, hello. Nice to meet you. “ he told the stranger, feeling rather uncomfortable with how he was staring at them. Vaith shifted his weight to his other foot, resting his palm on the counter as he watched on. The man bowed, introducing himself as Alvaro. Vaith had never seen anyone quite as colorful before... and he had rather queer eyes like Ace. Except, instead of being purple they were bright pink.

” I'm Vaith. This is Ace. Uh, how may we help you today? “

Masterful Lover

User ImageUser Image
User Image

• Lucius watched Adonis mull over all the information that was just given to him, amusement steadily growing. The seemingly poker faced wizard was too consumed with his thoughts to maintain his deadpan expression and the demon found himself enjoying all the little slips of emotion his eyes and mouth made. I do enjoy his company, the demon remarked to himself. It was a confusing and almost overwhelming feeling, having been in solitude for so long, but one thing was for certain: he wasn't ready to let it go. As smart as he was, he knew after giving Adonis so much at once, he'd be sent away shortly. How unfortunate.

With next to no experience with people, it came as no surprise that the demon wasn't an expert in trusting others. To assume that the dark-haired man would surely invite him out again seemed unthinkable. I'll just have to make myself clear to him, the demon noted, suddenly distracted as Adonis spoke once more.

Blondie? His eyes had widened a tad, his eyebrows arching, before a small chuckled escaped his smirking lips. When the wizard answered his question, the demon was more than amused by the reply full of attitude. "Regardless of the size, it's still pleasurable to have it stroked," He told Adonis, the smirk growing into a not so innocent grin.

Silence soon fell on them and he allowed it, his own thoughts busy trying to find a way to make Adonis invite him out again. Asking didn't seem to be an option for the prideful demon, and he attempted to gather what little information he had from this encounter to manipulate Adonis to not try to shun him away like his human customer. In the middle of his planning, his thoughts abruptly halted, as the restless wizard surprised them both by sitting next to him.

His shocked eyes soon narrowed at the man. What is he thinking? A very low growl began to arise in the bottom of his throat, but Lucius forced it to stop almost immediately. It wasn't about personal space, but the abrupt closeness caused the enticing scent the wizard's blood had to overwhelm the demon. The test on his self-restraint was almost too much and thoughts of pinning Adonis to the bed were so intense and tempting, it seemingly took every fiber of his being to resist. Is he testing me...or just a masochist?

And then he said it. Despite knowing it was coming, it didn't seem to lessen the blow any less. He didn't want to go back. I want to stay...with him. Even if the wizard hated him and ultimately wanted to get rid of him, he had shown the demon more attention and fun than he had ever experienced before. But he said next time...

The two words caused a glimmer of hope inside of him to start to light and unable to help himself, Lucius slowly moved a little closer to Adonis. "Just two things...humor me for a bit," He told him, his voice low and a little husky. "I won't harm you."

Scooting closer, he didn't stop until they were so close their knees were pressed against each other. "First...you confuse him," Lucius told Adonis as one of his hands moved to Adonis' thigh, lightly touching the hand he had on top of it. "You confuse me too, though that's to be expected--demon and a human. But with him..." His long slender fingers wrapped around Adonis' wrist lightly, making sure to avoid scratching him with his long, pointed nails. "You're both human and men and yet..." He chuckled, it coming out lower and deeper than the other ones. "Blondie coming back to you like this will be interesting for both of us to see."

A crooked smile crawled on his face and with half-lidded eyes, he leaned in, his mouth by Adonis' ear. "Second, try not to leave either of us for that long," He said, his voice a breathless baritone, pushing their bodies a little bit closer, and softly inhaling Adonis' scent, causing his own body to slightly shudder and the smallest of groans to escape between his lips. "And if you wait too long to invite me out...I'll come find you."

After the last word, his body went limp, his head dropping to the wizard's shoulder. The horns, nails, and fangs began to retract, as the color of his hair morphed from white to golden. After a few moments Lucius' body began to stir, as if he was waking up from a nap, and his eyelids fluttered open, revealing the crimson orbs underneath.

"Ugh, where am..." He began groggily and then suddenly drifted to silence, as his gaze found where one of his hands were and the man who he was leaning against for support. His crimson eyes suddenly snapped wide open in shock before he scrambled back, ultimately shooting up to his feet. "What did I d--no, him!" The self-correction was a bit too much and a foreign color started to rise on his cheekbones. "Damnit, that b*****d," He cursed as he tried to hide his embarrassment with his hair and hand.

User Image

Dementedly's Waifu

Omnipresent Rogue

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User ImageUser Image
User Image

The demon's chuckle caught Adonis's attention and received a weak glare in return. The horned male seemed to be enjoying his stay and making Adonis annoyed and uncomfortable a little too much. His remark received an eye roll and a quick glance at his lower half before Adonis looked into his yellow orbs. Of course, Adonis knew exactly what the man meant but his thoughts still translated it differently. I hate how he words things. Adonis told himself mentally, his eye narrowing slightly at his not so innocent grin. Nuisance.

” Your way of putting words together is remarkably concerning. “ Adonis hissed, shaking his head slightly. After the sentence left him, Adonis allowed himself to fall back to his thoughts, going over the new information he had received. The demon had been cooperative, at least. Even knowing the result of what would eventually become of him as Adonis used the information to his advantage.

Without thinking about it, Adonis had moved from his chair onto the mattress, seating himself some ways away from Lucius but close enough to hear his brief low growl which tore him from his thoughts. Adonis lifted a brow as he turned his head towards Lucius so that he may see him. When Lucius gave him no other questions, Adonis continued, telling the demon it was time he took his leave until the next time he was summoned. Being around the man was tiring and unnerving to an extent.

Before he knew it, the demon was moving closer, requesting that Adonis humor him for a moment, his tone attractively deep. At his promise, Adonis' eyebrows drew together slightly, clearly perplexed. Which deserves more concern; him trying to attack or him behaving?

His yellow eye immediately looked away from the demon's eyes to his knee, now touching Adonis' own. Demon Lucius's spoke again, his hand appearing over Adonis's own which rested on the middle of his thigh. Adonis's body tensed instantly, shocked by the sudden contact more so than the words. Lucius's body was warm, comfortingly so, but the last time he'd touched him Adonis had ended up against a wall with Lucius' tongue at his throat. Even more shocking though, was how light Lucius's touch was this time. Like a feather going over Adonis's skin – he definitely meant no harm and was making that clear.

The white haired male continued, his long fingers grasping Adonis's wrist carefully now. Both human men and yet... Adonis replayed the words in his mind, not sure how he should feel about them. Again demon Lucius chuckle, the sound easy to appreciate. ” What are you planning? “ he inquired. He just called him Blondie. Adonis noted, mildly amused by it.

The crooked smile he was now used to crept onto Lucius's lips and Adonis froze as he leaned closer, his lips to his ear, his body pressing close. The thin fabric of Adonis's shirt wasn't enough to keep Lucius's warmth from being felt all down the side Lucius sat beside. When he felt Lucius shudder and release a soft groan, he looked away, focusing on the floor and keeping his body under control. ” Personal space isn't your strong suit, is it. “ Adonis said it as a statement. He said nothing in response to not leaving the two again, knowing that when he was deeply into something he could go days or more without surfacing.

At Lucius's threat, Adonis shuddered slightly, thankful that demon Lucius knocked out before he could notice it. He went unconscious against Adonis's side, leaning against him for support, his hand still above Adonis's. Lucius's heavy head rested against Adonis's shoulder, hanging low for a few beats until Lucius stirred, seeming as though he were just awakening. His horns, fangs, and nails had vanished. His golden locks had returned and as he opened his eyes, they had returned to being the color of blood. Lucius started questioning his location but stopped and silence fell upon them because Adonis gave no answer. In seconds, Lucius was no longer so much as sitting on the bed. He stood, obviously startled. Adonis blinked, unsure he was seeing correctly. Red spread over Lucius's cheeks as he corrected himself and then cursed his other half, using his golden hair and hand to cover his face. Seeing the man in an embarrassed state was more than a little strange. He was perhaps the most confident person Adonis had ever met and would have never expected to see him flustered.

Suddenly sighing, Adonis stood and stepped towards Lucius, grabbing his wrist firmly and pulling it away from his face. ” Listen Blondie, “ he started, his tone brisk as he looked into his crimson eyes. ” He behaved. “ Adonis felt as though he was somewhat lying as the words left him. Demon Lucius had behaved towards the tail end for about five seconds but Lucius clearly couldn't remember the encounters. What he didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

” I got the information I needed out of him. I had to make a... deal with him: invite him out often for him to continue behaving. “ He informed him, releasing his wrist and slipping his hands into the front pockets of his pants once more. ” Your duty is now to transform when ordered and do not let him out in front of anyone but me. Understand? Yes? Now if you'd be so kind; get out. “

He looked over at the chair Lucius's shirt rested on and used a quick burst of magic to transport it through the air from the chair to Lucius's hand before throwing a pointed look towards the door. He had a lot to think about now and a large problem to deal with. Adonis slipped one hand out and ran his fingers through his hair, his eyes falling on Lucius and taking in his muscular torso one last time. He did partly feel like telling the blonde male to stop judging and rejecting his other half as well but decided against it simply because it wasn't his problem or place. He shifted his eye to the far wall which had been pinned against not too long ago, his expression neutral but his eye intense with the jumbled thoughts flying through his mind. They were all mixed up. Answers to questions, fresh memories, fantasies.

Masterful Lover

User Image

More shocking than her own response to Vaith was the reply he gave her--it was strange to see such a bright smile on his face when he wasn't facing a plate full of food and even more surprising was the genuine praise that he gave her while wearing it. Shocked, Ace blinked, as a not so familiar feeling filled her chest. He said I did great. It was without hesitation and he even went so far to redirect the credit she gave him back onto her--this type of attention was unfamiliar not just from Vaith, but almost any mentor that she ever had.

The embarrassed look and blush on her face soon morphed into one full of flushed happiness and Ace couldn't help but return the bright smile. His words were genuine and added more to the feeling of success. And the more he tried to keep the spotlight on her, the more Ace wanted him to know how much he helped. He taught me something I had been struggling with for years in almost just five minutes. Even more so, he gave her something priceless, a chance to make Adonis even more proud of her when she showed him her latest accomplishment.

Though the rare atmosphere between the two was shattered by a clap near the door that made the fighter whirl around, one of her hands automatically moving to her thigh. Damnit. Curses aimed at herself swirled in her head, miffed at the fact that she was completely caught off guard. Even more embarrassing, is that my attention was held entirely by...him. Having a witness on top of it made it a thousand times worse.

Ace watched the stranger remove his hood, revealing bright hair and a grin to match. The combination of his tone and roaming eyes ruffled Ace's feathers more. This one's trouble. Her hand slowly dropped from her skirt as he undressed Vaith with his eyes, assuming entirely too early that she was safe, until the pink orbs redirected on her own physique. Being surrounded by protective brothers, a father, as well as a mentor, Ace was unfamiliar with such shameless attention, and the flush on her cheeks soon extended down her neck. Not even Vaith looks at me like that...

The thought seemed so random and confused her immediately, the perplexity building when she even thought back to the time he flipped up her skirt. Even then, there was nothing like--wait, what the hell do I care? Why am I even thinking about-- just what the hell?! Overwhelmed by her own weird thoughts, Ace aggressively pushed them aside, refocusing on the man who just introduced himself as Alvaro. Part of her wanted to go behind the counter, but deciding that would be the same as hiding from the enemy, she stayed in front, leaning against it with her legs crossing, and folding her arms. "Yes, welcome to The Magic Shop," Ace greeted stiffly, echoing Vaith, bright eyes sending out warning signals to the newcomer. Her fingers began impatiently tapping against her arm, his roaming eyes making it hard for her not to fidget. It was hard to imagine what else this lewd seeming individual wanted other than that.

Relax, stay professional...you want to make Adonis proud. The thought of her beloved master seemed to give her the strength she needed and Ace's growing irritation started to cease, allowing her to be a little more welcoming and open-minded. Taking a deep breath, she attempted to not glare daggers, or seem at all affected by the foreign, inappropriate attention. "If you have a wish, you've come to the right place, Varo."

Masterful Lover

User ImageUser Image
User Image

• It was a rare state for Lucius and it matched the peculiar position that he was in just a few moments earlier. Raised in a kingdom where the sleazy king insisted that men were an extreme minority in presence, Lucius was constantly surrounded by women and never men. He was used to getting what he wanted from said females, including permission to touch, whether it was spoken or not. Going from never being near a man to waking up leaning against one, using his shoulder as a pillow, proved to be too much for the womanizing ex-prince to handle.

A foreign color stained his high cheekbones and the hot sensation exacerbated his embarrassment. Desperately he tried racking his brain for any glimmer of memory that could shed light onto what happen, struggling with what he didn't know and how to swallow the little bit that he did. Damnit, do I even want to know? But before Lucius could weigh his options between finding out and living in blissful ignorance, he felt his hand jerked down by the wrist.

What the hell? Shocked, he stared at the wizard incredulously as if the man had just shamelessly committed the sin of all sins. In Lucius' self-centered world, that was exactly what Adonis had done. While the blonde believed he had the right to lay a finger on whomever he deemed worthy, it didn't apply vice versa, and the combination of the roughness of the touch and the beholder added insult to injury. How dare he lay a finger on me!

Beneath the shallow anger were other feelings that were too confusing for the ostracized prince to handle, among them being a small rational voice pointed out his own hypocrisy. However it was deafened by the attitude of royalty that he still carried even with his title ripped away. On top of it, the wizard seemed hellbent on not allowing Lucius have a moment of privacy, not so much as letting him shield his foreign shame from the world until it subsided--and instead of getting more embarrassed of that fact, the blonde got angry.

So when Adonis began speaking, Lucius listened clenched jaw, narrow crimson eyes burning more and more with his rising temper. Though after the words reached his ears, his state of fury obviously faltered, his expression pulling into one full of skeptic disbelief. He behaved? The two words seemed unbelievable, never something the blonde would use to describe the animal that recently started inhabiting his body. Still, it's not as if I know enough of this shut in wizard to know if he's lying or not. Though, it was highly doubtful from the little that he knew about Adonis that the cold, stony wizard would ever voluntarily lie for his sake.

Although, what he said next seemed too ridiculous to hold any truth. How can a beast strike up a deal? Adonis phrased it simple enough, but it blew Lucius' mind and he wanted more elaboration--on top of it, the wizard didn't even explain why and how he woke up on his bed, lying against him! But when Lucius opened his mouth, the bearer of all the answers he was seeking was impatiently shooing him out of his room.

With one shock after another, Lucius found himself in a stranger position than being half-naked and against a man on a bed: being lost. Always priding himself for his own intelligence, wisdom, and experience, feeling oblivious and confused were all too foreign and uncomfortable. And being stripped any power or control to change it by Adonis on top of insulting him by rudely hurrying him out, going so far to magically throw his shirt back at him, made the blonde's temper flare again. Nobody treats me this way.

Yet he knew that it was out of his hands and that there was nothing he was able to do given his position--he could easily put Adonis in his place and regain his own pride, but it would be at the cost of losing the one and only opportunity he had to be cured. Clenching his fists around the shirt in his hands, he glared venomous daggers at the wizard, before leaving the room with escalating tension to his own abode. Throwing the shirt on the floor, another string of curses left Lucius' mouth. "That goddamn wizard...who the hell does he think he is?" Lucius growled in a vicious mumble, running his hands through his golden locks. If he had been calmer, the man would've been surprised at the fact that both the natural color of his hair and eyes were remaining, but his thoughts were too engulfed by Adonis. "A worthless peasant making me, Lucius Himura, leave his quarters?!"

He paced around his room restlessly, but nothing seemed to expel the surge of energy his temper overwhelmed him with. Impatiently, he unbuttoned and stripped off his pants and the rest of his remaining garments, spinning the dial on the door and stormed into the bathroom unclothed. Once in the shower, he turned the water on as hot as it would go, pressing his palms against the ceramic tiled wall, letting the water cascade down him. The scorching water proved to be more effective than his other attempts, though his mind seemingly refused to corporate fully, thoughts about Adonis nagging him. He spent more time talking to the ******** demon than he did me, he couldn't help but point out to himself, making him sneer at the floor. That b*****d.

User Image

Dementedly's Waifu

Omnipresent Rogue

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Adonis's slender fingers reached out, grasping Lucius's wrists and forcefully pulled so his hands no longer shielded his face. He had something to say and wanted to know he was being heard. Whatever little episode the blonde male was having could be saved for later as far as Adonis was concerned. He ignored Lucius's wary expression and red face as he spoke, his tone holding much of his frustration. Soon after grabbing him, Adonis released Lucius, his eye trained on Lucius's crimson eyes though he noticed the muscles in his jaw working. His bloody eyes narrowed into dangerous agitated slits but Adonis remained unfazed, too eager to be left alone as soon as possible.

For a moment, Lucius's expression faltered, turning into obvious mistrust at hearing his other half, so to speak, had been a perfect little angel. His distrust was understood but Adonis didn't bother to clarify or change his answer; strongly believing that ignorance was bliss in Lucius's case. Lucius's perfect lips parted as though he was about to say something but Adonis ignored it, continuing on and ultimately reaching the end in which he told Lucius to leave. ” Quickly now. “ He pressed, tossing the blonde's shed shirt at him with his magic.

He half expected Lucius to tell him off, considering he seemed to be quite a prideful man but instead, he clenched the shirt in his fists and gave him a toxic glare before turning and departing. Adonis followed behind him, forcing himself to stare at his shoulders. Once he disappeared through the door, Adonis pressed his back against it and sighed loudly as the last hour played through his head. Slowly he slid down until he ended up sitting on the floor, his head distracted by Lucius instead of how he could solve what he deemed to be a problem. ” That b*****d's more trouble than he's worth. “ Adonis growled, wondering if he'd successfully screwed himself over by taking Lucius on. He should have let someone else try their luck with him.

Some time later Adonis willed himself to stand and clean up the odious mess he'd made with what little magic he had left. He wanted a shower, to wash Lucius off him and also to attempt to wash him out of his mind. However, before he dared to forget, he walked over to his desk and opened a draw, pulling out a long blue rope, he used the rest of his magic to hex it before tying it around his wrist. It would be a reminder on when the demon needed to be invited out. If Adonis waited too long to do so, the string would burn and constrict. It would only break when his overall assignment was fulfilled. If for whatever reason he needed to take it off before his wish was fulfilled, it would take great deal of magic and some ingredients only found in some places of the world – considering finding those ingredients was a lot of work, even for him along with the fact that he made a promise that he intended to keep, he had no intention of going against his word.

Moving towards his wardrobe, he pulled out a new shirt and pair of slacks, determined to forget the earlier part of the day and focus on what really mattered after his shower. Though before he got to studying, he knew he'd have to rest if he wanted to rejuvenate his magic and mind.

He put one foot in front of the other, his hand reaching out to turn the door's color to the color that would magically lead him to the bathroom. Stepping through the threshold, Adonis neatly set his clothing on an empty towel rod and went to the mirror. His reflection stared back at him, looking every bit as unsated and exhausted as he felt. Shaking his head slightly, Adonis unbuttoned his shirt and let it fall to the tile floor. His right arm reached behind him, scratching at the area between his shoulder blades as his other hand reached to turn the faucet on. He ran his hand under it, ignoring how hot it quickly became. His fingers danced in the heated liquid before he drew the same hand down his face with a soft sigh.

The room was deathly silent, which he appreciated to some extent. Even after so many days of being alone and the brief time he interacted with people today, he found himself welcoming the silence. Lucius wore him down and the however nice the stillness was, it also made his thoughts repeatedly return to his interactions with the demon.

Shutting off the faucet, he finished discarding his clothes and headed for the first shower in the row. One of his hands rubbed at his neck, trying to eliminate some of the tension before dropping to scratch at his stomach as his other grabbed hold of the shower handle and pulled the door open.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff