Welcome to Gaia! ::

[OOC Thread]
User Image

Heaven and Hell have recently joined forces under a treaty of peace. Lucas, the King of Heaven has worked with Hell's rulers to impose a new era of comradery. The timeless conflict between both realms has caused Earth to suffer and now every realm is paying the price.

This is Earth, a realm where people are liberated from religious influence. The previous war had caused significant collateral damage and the results have impacted both Heaven and Hell. The only trace of Celestials or Demons have been buried under ruins or hidden away within peoples minds.

Without faith, Heaven and Hell are becoming weaker. So weak that Hell's ruler has disappeared and Heaven has labeled Lucas a traitor for collaborating with Demons. The classic tale of "Good" versus "Evil" is being retold. It's time to tell your story and become a legend.

This is the realm of Earth. *All Walk-ins are welcomed
You are not required to join or associate yourself with the Heaven vs Hell Roleplaying guild if you wish to roleplay here.

-Rules-
1. Follow Gaia's ToS.
2. HvH is combat driven. Fighting is strongly encouraged.
3. Dying on Earth has consequences but it is not permanent.
4. No auto hitting or auto killing.
5. Character profiles are not required here, however **God-modding will not be permitted.
6. Romance is permitted but keep it tame.
Rules are subject to change.
*Characters should aim to be balanced. Original characters are preferred. Anyone attempting to roleplay as major religious deities or entities will be blacklisted.

Quote:
Aimbotters: The people who never miss a single shot no matter how hard it is.
Min-Maxers: The people who 'balance' their characters by having a massive but irrelevant weakness and massive powers.
Miss Cleos: The people who use Out Of Character knowledge to get an edge.
McFlys: The people who do things in hindsight.
PuppetMasters: The people who RP other people's characters for them.
DayDreamers: The people who RP completely irrelevant things.
Shoe Elves: The people who RP actions and time against others while the others aren't present.
Revisionists: The people who ignore or alter RPs that they don't like.
SpeedHackers: The people who RP an absurdly time consuming sequence occurring between other people's actions.
Oxymorons: The people who play as characters whom are completely impossible.
Baghdad Bobbitts: The people who arbitrarily declare themselves the winner with instant death attacks.
Gaseous Snakes: The people who've taken actions before they start RPing.
Zoicites: The people who alter their character as needed for the situation.
Trinities: The people who gain abilities as they need them with no prior exposure.
Quakers: The people who pick-up things that spawn from seemingly nowhere.
Munchers: The people who assume an opponents reaction instead of waiting for a response.
U/C
[Current Event]

[The Well of Souls]
[Story Overview]
For a more in depth summary of the HvHverse. You can also find updates on each realm here as well.

[Earth]
Thousands of years had passed since the last "Great War" on Earth. A religious extremist group known as the "Cruxis" had manipulated Earth's people into averting their faith from Heaven and Hell. Caught within the crossfire, Heaven and Hell took the fight to Cruxis. With Earth vulnerable and Cruxis eradicated the planet was in need of guidance and leadership.

Arc, the Legendary Devil had since revived the seven immortal entities known as the "Sins". As a former member of Cruxis, once thought missing, Arc would aim to revive a fallen comrade. David, a Nephilim with incredible wisdom and an affinity over water had woven his soul back together after being slain. Arc's plot to revive David had become moot and so the two split off to assist both Heaven and Hell in destroying the Sins.

The Sins had taken over Earth, driving economical and political success through various nations. Through sheer power the Sins would control Earth just as Cruxis had. However Arc's arrival in Heaven wold notify the High Council of his connection to the Sins, to Cruxis, and to Lucas. Abolishing the connection to Arc's soul and the Sins, Heaven had inadvertently rid Earth of the immortal entities.

Vulnerable once more, Earth is soon to be a battleground for Angels and Demons. Each realm needs faith to grow and be empowered. With no one to rule over Earth Heaven and Hell are at the verge of fighting for Earth's people.
-
A bright light flashed over a small town of traders and farmers. This was the result of Lucas quickly opening up a portal from Heaven to escape persecution. Arc, his devil ally was taken with him and the two have begun their journey to end the war with a preemptive strategy.

Samurai, the leader of the Illuminati has made himself known. His actions against a small squadron of angels have made him a target. He had just engaged Wyndom, David, and Dylan who were searching for Lucas.

Rosewood is under siege by Angels! They aim to take down Samurai and capture anyone associated with Lucas!
Rosewood has become a battlezone! The Illuminati and Ex-Cruixis members are clashing. Even Hell's King Oni has found himself involved. Wyndom has discovered that Lucas has left Rosewood and has gone back to Heaven.

Rosewood is in a state of crisis! Samurai has threatened to turn the capital into a smoldering crater. His powers have gone out of control and there isn't much time before the city is reduced to rubble. Inferno, David, and Takehitsu are doing their best to save the city.

Currently:
Rosewood has been obliterated! A wasteland and scorched earth has replaced the once thriving city. Only those who survived know the truth!

[Heaven]
In search of the Seven "Virtues" to weaken the Immortal Entities, the "Sins", Lucas found himself in the Cathedral Capital, Yaabashael. With his Vanguards and a small party of warriors they searched through the city of churches. Encountering the Guardian of the Virtue, Lucas' party acquired the mystical artifact after a fight.

Aaron, the governing Searph of Yaabashael had foreseen Lucas' arrival and had prepared to trap the King within the realm of the Abyss. Successful, Aaron forced Lucas' Vanguards to flee to an underground lake. Within the Abyss, Lucas had encountered an old enemy and comrade who he had sealed away at the last battle of the Great War. Inferno, the Prized Fighter and one of the founding leaders of Cruxis had been trapped in a timeless place until Lucas appeared. Striking a deal, Lucas escaped the Abyss with Inferno and ended up in the underground lake with his allies.

Going all in, Lucas and party engaged in a fight for their lives against the treacherous Seraph, Aaron. After a fierce struggle, Lucas' group had triumphed and the Neiphilim absorbed Aaron's spiritual energy before killing him. The corruptive energy sealed inside of Lucas had bled out after Aaron pushed Lucas to the edge of Death's door.

Being summoned back to St. Anne, a Capital city of Heaven, Lucas found out about Arc's arrival. Using Lucas' association with Arc as further leverage to remove the Imperfect Angel from the throne, the Council attempted to lock the Celestial in their prisons. Escaping with Arc, Lucas fled to Earth to flee containment and to plot his return to the throne.
-
The High Council is on High Alert for anyone associated with Lucas or his Vanguards. Aaron, a powerful Seraph has been slain and Lucas has escaped the Council's grasp.

Kira, David, and Inferno have gone to Heaven in search of Lucas. Met with hostility, the three fight and come up with a plan to find Heaven's fallen King.

Lucas has made his way back to Heaven and is acting strangely. A fight for his "soul" has started at the outskirts of St. Anne in Rogziel's domain. Rogziel, a Guardian Angel is also acting strangely in this situation.
Currently:
The High Council is on High Alert for anyone associated with Lucas or his Vanguards.

Lucas, Kira, Arc, Sabriel, and General Grants have fended off Blight- Lucas' "darker" side- and have destroyed him. Rogziel, one of the realm guardians has been incapacitated. They are currently rallying forces to oppose Heaven and regain Lucas' throne.

[Hell]
After the Great War between the Religious Extremists known as "Cruxis", Hell's ruler shifted to the powerful demon, Oni. Joining forces with Lucas, Oni helped formed a peace treaty to make Heaven and Hell as official allies. Although many Hellspawn were not pleased with this decision, Oni's word was absolute.

Discovering that the act of sealing away Cruxis into the Abyss with the help of Lucas had put a strain on Earth, Hell's leader discovered the revival of the "Seven Sins". Working with Lucas to search for the "Seven Virtues" that could weaken the immortal entities, Oni fought against the guardians with his comrades. After several successful battles, Oni's group was about ready to face the Sins.

Taking a moment of solitude, Oni was captured by a Dark Angel who trapped him in the Abyss. Around that time David, a former member of Cruxis who was once thought dead had arrived in Hell. Claiming to want to help destroy the Sins, David joined with Oni's comrades who were unaware of his disappearance. Now Inferno, a founding member of Cruxis who had escaped the Abyss with the help of Lucas has appeared before David.
--
Kikyo, the lost Queen of Hell has returned from the dead. Oni, the current ruler of Hell has been swallowed by the very Abyss he had sealed Cruxis away to. The throne is vacant and the Sins have appeared only to be destroyed by an unknown force.

Roy, the son of Inferno has put himself at Kikyo's side as Hell prepares to find a new ruler.
Now a powerful demon has approached Kikyo, claiming rights to the throne.
Currently:
Roy has been slain! Inferno has become furious and has gone into solitude to plot his revenge.

Oni has escaped the Abyss and has found himself on Earth, his throne still at risk by Kikyo and other powerful Devils seeking to rule.

[Key Characters]

We encourage you to explore and discover new places. Open up the world for yourself and others as you roleplay. However there are key characters that will interact with you. Finding them may help get you into the story.

Name: Dylan Luciano, the Young Swordsman.
Traveling the lands, Dylan seeks to train himself in the way of the sword. Often finding himself in trouble, Dylan has learned to never back down from a challenge. However he values his life and will not foolishly throw it away, granted this often conflicts with his pride as a Swordsman and Bounty Hunter.

Name: Sarandiel, Witch of the Deep.
A Fallen Angel who has come to Earth in search of her daughter, Naya. Her affinity for Dark and Demonic arts have earned her the name "Witch". Sara is a woman of many secrets.
[The Crew]
HvH has a list of members taking care of this thread as well as the Guild.
Feel free to PM any of us if you have questions.

I HATE YOU WITH A PASSION [Guild Captain]
DarkKingJilly [Vice Captain]
Devil-Steel [Vice Captain]
Rabid Smurf_x_ [Crew Member
-Willow the Whisp- [Crew Member
Phantom_Knight_x [Crew Member]
LadyDraka [Crew Member and Founder of HvH]

"Hey Eiji!!!

A voice cried out in the shaded room, the sun lit it up just as muchas any old candle would. As Eiji slowly opened his eyes, laying in is bed and looking over to see his younger sister was crouched down on the side. She appeared to be in a panic as if something had gone terribly wrong...

"What is it Mizori?"

As Eiji sat up looking at her with concern.

"Grandpa and Grandma want to see you about something, they seemed to be worried and frightened about something... I'm not sure what going on, but it scaring me..."

She seem to be telling a honest story, but Eiji been tricked before by Mizori, who's to say she wouldn't do it again. Eiji smiled as he put his hand on her head.

Hey relax, I sure its nothing more than to get me to grab some things from the traders region. Or to even help them with the chores around here, It's nothing to worry about."

She looked up at Eiji with a serious look on her face, but then turned to a sad face, she lowered her head as tears ran down her cheeks. Eiji looked at her as concerned really set in.

Eiji, Daniel is missing...

Eiji's eyes widened as he stood up and thought for a moment, but only for that moment as he grabbed his Katana and dashed for the doors leading him outside of the temple of Ramgon. He headed through the courtyard to the main chamber where his grand parents stood before him with a small piece of paper in grandma's hand. Eiji walked forward toward them stopping only a few inches from them.

"I'm assuming Mizori told you about what happened last night I assume."

She spoke looking at Eiji as she handed him the note. It reads ""To all at home, I'm leaving this note to let you all know that I have left the temple to find my destiny, and to find the power to help save us from the war of heaven and hell. I didn't want to wake you, cause you stop me in my tracks. I'm sorry... Eiji, you were always my younger brother, and have always looked up to me for answers, but now you must follow your our road to greatness. There are many roads for you to find and choose and many kings that rule them. Good luck to you, take care of grand parents. Goodby, Daniel"
A radiant burst of light would suddenly blanket a small town of farmers and traders, daylight stained in vibrant hues of color. A vibrant aura would dance above the town for mere seconds before fading away under the sun. A thunderous clap of sound and a bone rattling rumble would upset the earth and shake the houses. Miles away from the town a streak of white light would fall to a small location of ruins from a castle Keep.

--

"I may have overdone it..."
Groaning, the young man's voice would come out with weak as he found himself fallen against a broken wall. Dust and rubble would litter his body as he coughed and wheezed from the impact. Blood had ran freely from his nose and his body pulsated with numbed discomfort. His untamed blonde hair had been powdered with grey and black dirt along with his black leather coat.

This was Lucas, a man who had fought to protect his Kingdom yet was driven out for treason.

Attempting to sit up, Lucas would hold his head, wincing from the shock and the mental fatigue. His energy was burnt up but he had managed to open up one last portal to Earth. In his sudden ejection from Heaven he had managed to bring with him a special guest. A Legendary Devil who had merely come to support Lucas in his endeavors. "Arc? You okay?"

Devil-Steel
Eiji's Grandparents looked at him feeling lost, alone, and unsure as to the reasoning to why Daniel left. She clinched her hands into a fist crumbling the note with in, as her face began to break in tears. It was hurting them deeply, Mizori watch from outside the room as her face felt like it was leaking. Grandpa looked at her as she wiped the tears from her eyes and looked back up to Eiji.

"Eiji, it's time I told you about some of the events that are about unfold in your life, your grandpa and I knew both you and Daniel were part of this life changing event in somewhat I can figure out. As this note reads about the many roads and the kings that rule them, he must be referring to the Heaven and Hell war. I had a feeling Daniel was wanting power, and had always tried to do things his way without reasoning, his heart was corrupted with hatred and pain from your achievement from training."

Eiji looked at the ground for a moment clinching his katana casing tightly, he knows that Daniel had been acting weird and had problems in the past with wanting to be the strongest and dictatorship. Just hadn't figure he was serious.

"Eiji, it's time for you to go and find him, he doesn't know what he's doing, a war of that magnitude can kill him. Many demons, and angels have died in this war for power. You are all we have left, all the training you and had from us and Sho have prepared you for your journey."

She said looking up at Eiji with a soft smile and walking toward him hugging him tightly saying she loved him, Grandpa looked at Eiji not as a kid any more, remembering his training days with him as he and Daniel were the only ones that had what it took to fight in the war. But to his knowledge to why Daniel's heart became corrupted is still unclear.

Eiji let her go and turned to his grandpa and walked over to him.

"I won't fail you."

Eiji said ensuring his grandparents.

"I will find him, I swear to you... I will find him.

Just in that time Eiji padded his grandpa's shoulders and headed for the doors leading him on the biggest quest of his life. He put his hand on the door, opening it to reveal the bright sunlight on his body as he started to walk on the gravel path leading to the main gate of the Ramgon to the realms of Earth. Eiji had a feeling he was being followed as he turned around to see Mizori was standing on the gravel looking at Eiji. Her face was sadden that Eiji was leaving, she wanted to be with him on this quest to finding her brother. But knew she wasn't trained for this purpose. Eiji looked and walked toward her and kneeled down looking at her and putting his hands on her shoulders.

Take care of them while I'm gone, okay. I'll miss you and this home that I grew up with. I will find him, I just it's not to late to stop him.

Eiji hugged her as he stood up and turned around to look out of the forest and mountains in the distance. His journey was about to be unfolded and his path was set, as her started walking to the nearest town of farmers and traders, Potzeo

Demonic Sex Symbol

User Image

A low groan could be heard on the other side of ruins of the castle keep followed by the sound of stones rolling off of one another. From under a pile of rubble would emerge Arc, a trail of blood flowing from above his left eye. "I'm alive. A little warning next time." Arc hadn't been lucky enough to land against a wall, but rather when through one shoulder first.

Slowly the demon would stand up and shake loose the smaller debris from his clothing. Arc would make his way over to Lucas and extend a hand out to him to help him up to his feet. "So any idea where we are?" While Arc had spend the last five thousand years on Earth, most of that time he remained at the remains of the Tower of Salvation.

DarkKingJilly
Devil-Steel

"No. I was in a hurry...that'll also buy us time to recover if they decide to pursue us. If I don't know where we are, surely they won't know. Not yet anyway."

Taking Arc's hand, Lucas pulled himself up and limped to his feet. He'd brush the dust off of his jeans in a futile effort to compose himself. "Maybe this place will have something of use. I could use some rest before I decide on what to do. All that talk back there in St. Anne was rather empty. I don't have a plan but...I did mean what I said. I need to get my throne back."

Demonic Sex Symbol

User Image

"Well I guess that's a good thing at least. After the way I landed I could use a breather." Once Lucas was on his feet Arc would walk over to one of the windows and look towards the town. It didn't look like their landing had caused an uproar in town, so at least they wouldn't have to worry about an angry mob.

"I think it's for the best that we get you back on that throne as well. Peace between the realms is what is needed. If Heaven and Hell can ever truly brush away the past, each realm needs a leader willing to work towards that goal. And from what I've seen of Heaven your the only one up there wanting peace." Arc would turn away from the window and look back towards Lucas. "I'll help you get your throne back any way I can. I'm ready for this endless war between the realms to be over."

DarkKingJilly
Devil-Steel

"Yes...it certainly seems that way doesn't it? I'm glad we see eye to eye on that and I appreciate your willingness to assist me. You're right, I may not have gotten out of that prison without your help...listen, there are a few things I need to tell you."

Peering out of the window as well, Lucas was glad they didn't end up crashing into the middle of town. Without letting his thoughts stray he'd continue, "Aaron, the Seraph that I killed managed to trap me in the Abyss. You heard what I did to Inferno and Raphael didn't you? Oni and myself sealed them there. But Aaron managed to open up the portal as well...he wanted the throne for himself and so I needed to stop him. In the Abyss...I found Inferno. He was weakened from being in that timeless place but I made a deal with him to escape that place."

Lucas remained looking out the window. He wasn't ashamed of what he had done but he knew that he probably could have made a better choice. Although he was genuinely glad that he could liberate an old comrade from the Abyss there would no doubt be repercussions. Mostly he was concerned that the Council would discover that he had freed Inferno but there was little point in hiding that fact now. "Unfortunately someone was prepared to take Inferno away. I can think of a small number of people who would do that. Also I need to discuss matters with Oni...which brings me to a question I've been stewing over. Just why did you revive the Sins?"

Demonic Sex Symbol

User Image

Upon hearing that Inferno was free Arc would clench his fist and his teeth, but he wouldn't interrupt Lucas. And then Lucas would ask about the Sins. "I guess I can't avoid the subject forever. The reason to me reviving the Sins goes back to my time in Cruxis. But I'm going to start the explanation a bit farther back than that. I once used to go by the name Baldr, and I was part of Kikyo's army when Cruxis made itself know. Lady Kikyo tasked me with infiltrating Cruxis, and to do that I had to become someone else. Baldr could have never been believed to betray Hell, so I became Arc. Using Gokin clones and chaos energy I made it seem as if I had killed Baldr and Kikyos children. It was shortly after that I met with Dom, whom was revealed to be Inferno later, and was tasked with killing one of the members of Cruxis to be able to take his place. The member I was tasked with killing was Rom, later revealed to be Morik Draven, but I was unable to find him and Inferno ended up doing the job himself."

Arc would lean on a desk and take a breath before continuing his story. "With Rom now dead a spot opened up in Cruxis and I was accepted. That was when I met Sera, Rapheal Sol, and Ann, David, the other members of Cruxis. I was assigned the moniker Steed, and paired with Sera. Whenever I wasn't fulfilling my duties as part of Cruxis to keep up my disguise I was looking for any information to help Heaven and Hell defeat the group. During those times I came to learn that David didn't agree with the way things were done. The experiments that went against nature made him sick, and I had planned on trying to enlist his help to stop Inferno and Raphael. Before I had that chance he vanished, and I assumed that it was at the hands of Inferno and Raphael. With him gone I vanished into the darkness and left the final two members of Cruxis to you and Oni."

Tilting his head back Arc would gaze up at the stars though the hole in the ceiling created by their crash landings. "I freed the Sins so that I could sacrifice them in a ritual to revive David. He had his own reasons for being part of Cruxis, but unlike Inferno, Raphael and Morik it wasn't for power. It was for knowledge. I didn't believe that he should have lost his life to that group, and swore I would do whatever I had to so that he could live." Arc would let out a long sigh and look back at Lucas. He wasn't sure what he would have to say about it, but he had to lay the truth out for someone to hear.

((Yay for history lessons! sweatdrop ))

DarkKingJilly
Devil-Steel

It would seem that both warriors had some interesting secrets to share. Lucas would rub his temples, sighing before letting out a chuckle. "Interestingly enough, I was helping Inferno and David look for Morik. Before Inferno killed Kite, Heavens King before me, I traveled with Cruxis for a short time. They were my comrades from a time long ago...this war forced me to choose a side though. I just can't help but feel that I keep going two steps back for every step I take forward."

Wiping the blood from his nose, Lucas lowered his brow, "I'm assuming you found another way to bring David back? I can't see why else you'd ask for help in destroying the Sins. You would have had to known we were looking for the Virtues..."

Demonic Sex Symbol

User Image

Arc would only shake his head and chuckle himself. "I'm having one of those moments myself. I did so much for my home, and now I feel like nothing more than a filthy traitor. Like all the good I did for Hell has been erased with one act." The demon just wanted to scream or break something, but now wasn't the time for him to lose composure. He had to keep a clear head in case the Sins came calling. "The only thing I found out was for me to actually be able to sacrifice the Sins I needed the Virtues to weaken them. Of course I wouldn't have been able to find the Virtues hidden in Heaven or Hell without help. After all it took me five thousand years to find the Shield of Patience, and there are still two more Virtues hidden some where on Earth. While I haven't abandoned my quest to revive David, I can't run the risk of the Sins going out of control." David hadn't wanted to go to Heaven, so Arc decided it was best to keep his revival a secret from Lucas for now. The demon felt bad for hiding David's revival from Lucas with everything that they were telling each other, but he truly felt it was for the best. I wonder how David is doing in Hell?

DarkKingJilly

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces