• Timid 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ianxxarshall
xxxxxxxxxx

█████████████████ § ███████████████████████ § ███████████████████

Xian groaned as he rolled himself out of bed. How long was this going to last? He'd been sick for the last...week? Had it been a week already? Xian rubbed his gray-blue eyes as he shuffled to his refrigerator. "I'm going to be so behind.." He mumbled as he pulled out a carton of orange juice and poured himself a glass. Who knows how much work he'd missed, both in class and on his teams. He sighed as he shook an advil out of it's bottle and popped it into his mouth, washing it down with the juice before making his way to his large fluffy couch. This was where he'd been stuck sucking down soup, juice, and gatorade while watching reruns for the last week.

Xian turned on his TV and scrolled through with a sigh, settling on a movie. He was going to be more than glad when this bug decided to leave his system. Migraines, nausea, hot flashes, and not being able to keep anything down that wasn't liquid? Well, he at least had an all new respect for pregnant ladies, that was for sure. He was just glad there wasn't a full moon nearing. All he needed was this on top of the pain of his wings. The scars on his back throbbed just at the thought of it and Xian directed his attention back to the movie on screen.

After a few minutes, the fallen angel could feel himself slowly drifting off. That was all he needed; more sleep. Every time he'd woken up lately he just felt even sicker. He shook his head and forced himself up from the couch, ambling over to the bathroom. Perhaps a nice cool shower would help get him feeling better. Xian peeled off his clothes and turned the water on, then stepped under the mini falls. The water soothed his aching body and he sighed in pleasure as he stretched out.

After a good long while, and after he'd washed his hair and scrubbed the sick feeling off his skin, Xian finally stepped out of the shower. He smiled, feeling much better, although his slightly runny nose and headache told him he still had a little ways to go. The charcoal-haired boy slid into some new boxers and loose pj pants and, after ruffling his hair with it, draped his towel around his bare shoulders. Since he was alone, he didn't have to worry about a shirt to hide his scars and frankly, he was more comfortable without one. The girls at school probably would agree. His black hair, pale gray-blue eyes, and 5' 10" honey-tanned, toned frame was apparently highly sought after. At least according to his teammates. They claimed that a few of the girls even had a contest going to see who could get Xian's shirt off first. He wouldn't believe it if there hadn't already been attempts. He shook his head and chuckled, somewhat amused, before leaving the bathroom and settling back down on the couch.

User Image

Bear

User Image

User Image

❝ εℓℓε вℓιтнє ❞

User Image

Elle adjusted her bag over her shoulder, staring blankly at the door before her. She was still slightly annoyed at the fact that she had been chosen to bring...what was his name again? Oh, right. Xian. Right. Why did she have to be the one to bring him his schoolwork?

"Why does it always have to be me?" she muttered under her breath. She crossed her arms defiantly over her chest, refusing to tap on the door. It wasn't that she didn't like the guy. Hell, she was sure that Xian was the most irresistible guy she'd ever seen in her seventeen years of existence. But there was something about him that made her cringe. She rolled her eyes at herself; how silly was that. She hadn't even muttered more than ten words to him, she was sure.

With a shake of her head, she reached to knock on the door. She paused before her knuckles touched the wood. Maybe I should just walk in and set it on his counter? Then I wouldn't have to see him.

Elle decided that that was clearly the best choice, glad that she'd be able to avoid awkward conversation. Besides, he was sick, right? Of course he'd be in bed. He would never know it was her who dropped off his stuff.

Elle reached for the doorknob and twisted it, rushing into his place. She was eager to get in and get out. She took a few steps forward, searching for a table. She peered around a corner and saw what appeared to be a living room. She didn't even pay attention to the blaring TV; she dashed forward and set the books and papers on a small table next to a couch. She turned and gaped as she saw Xian sitting there.

"s**t!" she exclaimed. "Oh my God, I am so sorry! I-I was just going to totally leave your stuff in here so I wouldn't have to bother you...and uh--"

Elle's eyes widened as she realized that he was shirtless. This was a moment in history. This was something she was sure she'd remember for a very long time.

User Image

llamallamallamallamallama

cappynom's Husbando

Timid Loiterer

12,865 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

ianxxarshall
xxxxxxxxxx

The drone of the TV drowned out the noise from the door opening, or her footsteps into the living room. When she finally came into view, setting books and things down on the side table by the couch, Xian just stared with a dumbfounded look smeared across his face. Was he hallucinating now? She spoke awkwardly as she noticed him, stopping only when her eyes trailed down from his face to his chest. At this point, if he were a girl, he'd probably be screaming and covering his chest. And frankly, he might if the two things stopping him weren't 1) he was frozen in place with a stupid look of shock and 2) it wasn't exactly the manliest thing to do. So instead, a light pink crept across his face.

Xian finally managed to snap out of it and he slid down in the couch a little, subconsciously trying to hide the scars on his back. "No, uh, it's okay. Um, thank you for doing this. I just--" Before he could continue his awkward stammering, a coughing fit forced itself through his throat. He turned away from her, coughing into his arm, too preoccupied to realize he'd just blatantly flashed her a perfect view of his twin scars. They both spanned from the tops of his shoulder blades, down to his middle back in jagged, rip like, patterns.

Once his throat quit, Xian slumped back into the couch with a groan, more from being tired of being sick than of actual pain. Seems like the effects of his shower were only a short term cure. He continued talking, staring at the TV instead of her. "Anyway, thanks. I'll get to working on it.." He hoped she would take the subtle hint that it was time for her to go, still unaware that she was gawking over something different than his chest now.

User Image

Bear

User Image

User Image

❝ εℓℓε вℓιтнє ❞

User Image

Elle quickly rushed to his side, momentarily forgetting about his obvious want for her to leave and his...scars. "Oh, man. Are you okay? You really do look sick," she blurted out. She cringed inwardly at her stupidity. Of course he was sick. Duh.

"I, uh, I mean...do you need anything? Do you need help?"

Elle's eyes quickly flashed back to the scars on his back. They were intriguing and odd and unique all at the same time. Her cheeks reddened, but she lightly put her finger on the raised skin in front of her. She was incredibly curious and fascinated at the sight of his back. "What happened?" she breathed.

Suddenly realizing what she was doing - and realizing how incredibly ridiculous and absurd she looked - she jumped away from him, putting her hands up in front of her face. "Oh my God. That was so rude. I am so sorry."

Yet she couldn't bring herself to take a step towards his door. What the hell could have happened to this guy?, she thought.

User Image

cappynom's Husbando

Timid Loiterer

12,865 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

ianxxarshall
xxxxxxxxxx

Elle's concern for him was a bit touching, but he shook his head no. It was probably stupid saying no to a generous offer for help, he could use it after all, but it was an automatic reaction. The closest anyone had ever gotten to him were his teammates. And they knew little to nothing about him outside of the track, soccer fields, and baseball cage.

The sudden feeling of her finger resting on the mark made Xian's eyes widen quickly. It was a strange feeling, both comforting and uncomfortable at the same time. Her question quickly made him tense up though. And he was thankful for her quick jump away as she apologized. "It's fine." He offered in response to her apology as he looked out the window. "I'm...fine." His added snippet held a questioning, doubtful tone to it. He shook his head his head and stood suddenly, walking over to her with long strides. Once in front of her he glared down with his frozen blue eyes narrowed. "You can't tell anyone, got it?" He stood strong, although the sudden movement had pissed off his stomach. His intimidating stance only lasted a little though before another coughing fit seized him.

Xian ambled back over to the couch weakly when it was over, falling back into it with a pained sound. He picked up the papers Elle had brought and began going through them. His expression dimming as he went on. He had no idea how to do any of it. But what was he to expect from having missed an entire week of all his classes. Xian groaned, placing head in his hands. Whether Elle was still there wasn't a concern of his anymore. It wasn't like he had anything else to hide.

User Image

Bear

User Image

User Image

❝ εℓℓε вℓιтнє ❞

User Image

Elle took a hesitant step forward, but she froze as he glared down at her. She widened her eyes and nodded quickly at him as he made her promise not to tell anyone about his secret. "I got it," she said and gave him a small smile.

She gasped and reached forward as he fell back onto the couch. Without hesitating, she slid next to him and examined him with a hard expression. "You're not fine," she chastised, but her expression softened as he began flipping through the papers. She tilted her head slightly to the side, studying him. He was a very handsome guy; she knew that from the second he walked into their school, dazzling everyone with his mystery and talent in athletics. Elle was never the one to swoon over the a pretty boy who could throw a football, but there was something about him that suddenly piqued her interest.

She frowned as he put his head in his hands. She glanced back to the papers and then once more at his face. She turned towards the papers and touched his arm lightly. "So you do need my help, huh?" she teased, but she quickly grew serious. "I'm Elle by the way. Are you sure you're fine?"

User Image

cappynom's Husbando

Timid Loiterer

12,865 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

ianxxarshall
xxxxxxxxxx

Her touch on his arm was warm and he spread his fingers, looking over at her through them. He sized her up for a bit, debating with himself. She'd already seen his scars and hadn't reacted too bad, she'd also said she wouldn't tell anyone. His wings wouldn't be coming out any time soon, and she shouldn't be over in the evening anyway. And there was no way he could do this work by himself.

"Fine." He sighed, caving into her chastisement, sitting up, looking down at the papers. "I have no idea how to do any of this." He paused, scowling at the work. "But I can't even think about learning it all until I get over whatever this bug is. I've eaten nothing but soup, juice, and water for a week." He laughed a little. "I'm pretty sure my stock is almost gone." He'd also tried to rest, but he couldn't seem to get himself to sit still. He wasn't used to it. And between that and having to make himself meals and clean them up, he just couldn't relax. He'd tried to search some things on the internet and most suggested keeping a cold water soaked cloth on his forehead to keep the fever down, along with a lot of rest. But how was he supposed to rest when he kept having to get up to wring out the old water and make it cold again? Speaking of his fever, he could feel it coming back again. Great.

He looked over at her. "I'm not sure what you can do with that information, Elle, but I admit I could probably use some help." He shrugged a little with a small smile. How she could help, he wasn't sure. Unless she was secretly a nurse or doctor or knew what might be wrong with him and how to treat it, then she would probably just have to wait till he'd made himself better and help him with his work. She was in his class right? So she should know how to do it. Hopefully she was a good teacher.

User Image

Bear

User Image

User Image

❝ εℓℓε вℓιтнє ❞

User Image

The way he said her name made her shiver. Ignoring it, Elle pursed her lips and stood up, assessing the room around her. She flicked her eyes back to his, narrowing them slightly as she formed a plan in her head.

"We'll wait until you're better to start doing schoolwork, then. And, quite frankly, Xian, I'm still curious as to how you think you're going to get better by mulling around this place. You need to rest. So," she began, grabbing a notebook and a pen from her bag, "I'm obviously going to be your caregiver until you're over this. Write down what you need and I'll go get it. Also. Don't even think about getting off of this couch unless you're going to the bathroom or going to your bed."

Elle handed him the paper and pen and put her hands on her hips, waiting for him to write down his list. She ripped off the corner off of the paper and wrote down her number. "Save my number. You're going to need it. Call me if you need help. Hell, I'll even cook for you during the day time if you need it. I excel in my classes, so there'll be no problem if I come to help. And if not, I'll just drop by to make sure you're not dead. So either way, I think we're going to become good friends."

Elle offered him a small smile and raised a brow at him. "Okay?"

User Image

cappynom's Husbando

Timid Loiterer

12,865 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

ianxxarshall
xxxxxxxxxx

Xian was a bit surprised when Elle jumped right in, giving him instructions and taking over the role of caregiver. He frowned a bit when she told him to stay put, then same as a kid would after being told to stay in bed. When he was handed the paper and pen he stared at it for a second, trying to recall the things he'd run out of or was close to using up. He jotted them down as they came to mind. Chicken noodle soup. Crackers. He was quite frankly sick of orange juice so he left that off. Advil. Cough syrup. He cringed a little. He hated the stuff but it was better than coughing up a lung every five minutes. Apples. Sweet tea. Ice cream. He flushed a little as he wrote the last item. He felt like a little kid, but he had a sweet tooth and it was one of the only things he could stomach at the time. Plus he had to get sugar from somewhere to keep his energy up.

From her words, Xian pulled that there was no backing out now. Even if he refused to call her, which he probably would, she was going to come by anyway. He sighed slightly and gave her a small smile in return. "Okay. Thank you." He handed her the list and began getting up. At her glare at him moving he chuckled a little. "I'm just going to get my phone to put your number into it." He wandered over to his bedroom, still feeling slightly odd moving about freely showing his scars. It was nice though. Not having to worry about whether they were being shown or any questions involving them. So far Elle had been pretty respectful of his evident discomfort about them.

Picking up his black cell phone, he flipped it open and began typing in Elle's new contact information. Once he was finished he went back through some of the messages he'd missed. They were all from his teammates, since they were the only ones he'd actually given his cell information out to. All the get well soon wishes made him smile warmly. He couldn't wait till he could get back and out on the fields. Running for the sports was as close to the feeling he used to get from flying as he could find.

User Image

Bear

User Image

User Image

❝ εℓℓε вℓιтнє ❞

User Image

Elle took the list from Xian and let out a giggle. "Ice-cream, huh?" she teased.

She turned to look at him with a smile.She watched him walk away to get his phone, staring at his scars before looking away with pink cheeks. It was rude to stare, but she was burning with curiosity. What had happened? And was he okay?

Maybe she'd find out later.

Elle decided that Xian was going to be her main priority. Maybe now her life would be interesting. She didn't really have a life, she had to admit. She didn't do anything outside of schoolwork, seeing as nobody really wanted to be friends with her. Everyone thought that grades were more important to her than anything else. But that wasn't the case at all.

Feeling frustrated, Elle ran a hand through her hair and closed her eyes. She had to admit that it hurt being shunned by a lot of the people around her. But it didn't matter. Sighing, Elle sat down on Xian's couch once more, waiting for him to return before she took off to get his items.

User Image

cappynom's Husbando

Timid Loiterer

12,865 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

ianxxarshall
xxxxxxxxxx

Xian debated putting a shirt back on before going back out into the room. He didn't really want to put a full t-shirt on, so he settled and threw on a tight black tank. It didn't completely cover his scars, but it covered enough that it eased his nerves a little. And even though it hugged his frame closely, it was a thin enough material that he wouldn't have to worry too much about getting hot. Win win.

Paired with his jeans he looked a lot more "bad-boy" than he actually was. Then again, he was a fallen angel after all. By that alone he had to be somewhat bad, right? Xian frowned a bit. He didn't feel bad. In fact he couldn't really recall doing anything truly "bad-boy" worthy, even when he was dead. If he could remember exactly why he had been thrown out of heaven it would be great. But so far he'd had no luck in remembering anything except the excruciating pain of having his wings demolished, falling through the sky that had previously been so familiar to him, and hitting the earth having had no way to slow or cushion his fall.

Xian shivered, leaning over quietly and placing his hands on the bed, catching his breath a little as he forced the memories from his mind. He slowed his breathing, steadying his slightly shaking hands. After his few second recovery from the memories, Xian went back out and sat back down on the couch with a sigh. He looked over to Elle and gave her a small smile. "Thanks again for doing this."

User Image

Bear

User Image

User Image

❝ εℓℓε вℓιтнє ❞

User Image

Elle stood up and returned Xian's smile with one of her own. "It's no problem at all. Really," she said, glancing down at her feet. "I should probably go get your stuff. I'll come back when I'm done, okay?"

Tucking the list into the pocket of her jeans, she returned her gaze back to him before heading for the door. Without waiting for any other sort of response, she left and shut the door quietly behind her, sighing as she did so. Oh man.

Elle stood quietly in the hallway for a bit while she gathered her thoughts. But one question still burned in her mind as the image slowly crept back into her head: what had happened to Xian? Perhaps he had some kind of surgery? Maybe he has a medical condition...or something.

Sighing once more, disgruntled from the fact that her answer would probably come at a later time, she decided that it was time to get the grocery shopping out of the way. Flipping her hair over her shoulder with newfound determination, Elle walked down the hallway and to the parking lot.

User Image

cappynom's Husbando

Timid Loiterer

12,865 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

ianxxarshall
xxxxxxxxxx

Xian smiled and nodded. "Alright." Elle was gone out the door quickly and Xian sighed, letting himself sink into his couch. He directed his attention back to the TV, taking the orders to rest. Another movie was on; some kind of action movie he'd seen before. After a few minutes of watching the movie, Xian stood to dim the lights and close the curtains to the porch. He flopped back down on the couch with a bit of a groan. Doing nothing was so boring. And the TV having nothing but reruns on didn't help.

With the atmosphere now a little more relaxing, Xian's eyes began to close slowly as he drifted off. He wasn't even tired. He'd been sleeping most of the time that he'd been home. Yet, he slid to the side slowly until he fell sideways onto the couch-- completely out. He tossed and turned as he slept until he finally settled on laying on his stomach with one of the throw pillows under his head. One of his legs and arms hung over the side of the couch, the other leg hanging over the couch arm and the other arm tucked under the pillow. He slept peacefully, looking surprisingly defenseless and harmless, his mouth parted slightly and muscles completely relaxed. His barely audible breathing was completely drowned out by the TV, as were the sounds from the streets below that might've otherwise stirred him.

One would think that he wouldn't be able to sleep. What with an action movie on along with the fact that the only person that knew about his scars would be back at any time. Oh, and the fact that he hadn't locked his door. But Xian had forgone caution a long time ago. He was technically dead already anyway, right? So what exactly was there to fear?

User Image

Bear

User Image

User Image

❝ εℓℓε вℓιтнє ❞

User Image

Elle was a quick shopper.

She dashed through every needed isle with vehemence, determined to get back to her new friend, just in case he needed anything. Elle pursed her lips; were they friends? No, of course not. They were acquaintances. She was helping him, that was all. Plus, he wouldn't associate himself with her. She was almost positive of it. He was the athlete, the sports star, the eye candy for all the big-breasted cheerleaders and volleyball junkies. Elle's lips turned in to a smirk at the sudden thought of them walking into school, having a conversation. Oh, the rumors that would start...

Elle stopped her thoughts immediately. No, rumors aren't funny. I know that first hand.

Frustrated, and a bit confused, Elle stood in line to buy Xian's groceries. She stared at the ice-cream in the front of the cart, eyeing her from behind the bars. I wonder what he's really like, she thought to herself absently. She touched the frozen packaging. I wonder if anyone even really knows him.

As Elle pondered on her questions - and still ran over the biggest question of them all - she paid the cashier, waltzed to her car, and stowed away the bags in her back seat. Who was Xian, really? Elle shook her head, only to rest it on the steering wheel. What did she get herself into?

Sticking her silver key into the ignition of the vehicle, Elle drove back over to Xian's place.

Elle was suddenly greatful that it was only a short ride away. She grabbed everything she needed from the back, sliding each of the bags's handles over her arms, and descended to his apartment. With a deep breath, she swung the door open.

"Hey, I got all of the stuff."

Elle's eyes widened as she took in his form, fast asleep on the plush couch. She drank him in, her eyes roaming every bit of him. Oh, wow, he really is great looking.

She adverted her eyes quickly as she noticed the scars on his back. She bit her lip and looked once more. It was obvious that this was rare for him, his back completely exposed. It was so...unveiled. So vulnerable. Elle shook her head at herself, chastising herself, but ended up deciding that it would be harmless to really look at him. After all, he was passed out.

She quickly went into the kitchen, only pausing to place the ice-cream in the freezer, before she dashed back over to the couch, afraid that she'd lose nerve. Staring down at him and his back with new found determination, she sank down to her knees as quietly as she could. Holding her breath, willing to take the risk, she slowly and carefully traced a feather-light line down one of the scars.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas