Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

Hey there everyone!

Hope you are enjoying the summer event. Gotta love those cute and quirky little Fluffs, hey? They seem to love being out and about in the world, especially all around Towns 2! This got me thinking - if these cute little Fluff critters were real, where do you think they'd live? Perhaps in a nearby swamp? A local orchard? A spooky graveyard? We want to see where YOU believe you'd find Fluffs in your area so we're going to have a contest - a "Where the Fluff?!?!" contest!

Entering this contest is super easy - you just have to print out the Fluff image from the contest template (or draw a Fluff if you prefer!), take the Fluff out somewhere in your area where you think the Fluff would live, and snap a pic! Then post the pic in this thread! If your entry is picked as a winner, you'll score an awesome Fluffy Prize Pack.

Contest details and rules below! biggrin
Sisky

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

gaia_kittenstar gaia_gaiagold Where the Fluff?!?! Contest Rules and Guidelines gaia_gaiagold gaia_kittenstar

Sounds like fun - how do I enter this contest?
Entering the contest is easy! You just have to take a copy of one of the Fluffs from the summer event, put it somewhere in your area you think such a creature might live if it really existed in your world, and snap a picture! Then, post the picture in this thread along with the following information:
Quote:

*Username
* Title of image
* Description of where the Fluff is, and why you think it would live there

For example, let's say I think the Honey Fluff would be found in a flower beds around my town. I might submit the following as an entry:

Quote:
Username: Siskataya
Title of Image: Flowers and Fluffs
* I think the Honey Fluff would be found in flower beds around my town! Bee Fluffs like sunshine and blossoms, and are particularly fond of early morning!
User Image

or perhaps you opened a box of fresh fruit and found the Citrus Fluff lurking inside! You might submit an entry like:
Quote:
Username: Siskataya
Title of Image: Fruit and Fluff!
* I think the Citrus Fluff would be found living in orchards where fresh fruit is grown! It's citrus scent and coloring would help it blend in with its environment!
User Image

How long will this contest run?
The contest runs from the first day of the Summer Event until 11:59 pm PT on the last day of the Summer Event. I'll edit in the exact dates once the event goes live!

Ok, sounds good so far, but I cannot draw a Fluff to save my life - can you help with that?

Sure can! Here is a template of several Fluffs you can use. Just right click and save the image to your computer. I recommend printing the image out and then cutting out the Fluff. It should be quick and easy for everyone to do! Feel free to alter the size of the Fluff if you need. This is fairly easy to do in photo-manipulation software such as Photoshop, Gimp, etc. Once you've got it cut out, you just need to place the Fluff image it where you think it would dwell and snap a pic!

Template:
User Image

What if I want to draw the Fluff instead of using the template?
Go for it! Who are we to quash your creativity? As long as we can tell which Fluff you are drawing, it's all good!

How many times can I enter this contest?
You can enter this contest as many times as you like for the duration of the event, but each image/entry must be a unique submission. You cannot use the same image for more than one entry.

Any other rules I should know about?
Yes, there are some ground rules you should be aware of before you begin. Failing to follow these guidelines will get your entries disqualified:

• You may only use images that you took yourself. If you need a friend to hold your camera while you position your Fluff, that would be ok too. Basically, no using images that don't belong to you, or which violate copyright laws.

• Images must be appropriate for Gaia Online - nothing abusive, racist, sexually explicit, etc. Follow the Terms of Service of Gaia. Failing to do so will not only disqualify you from the contest, but could result in an account ban.

• All entries should be free of personally identifying information such as street addresses, real names, phone numbers, house numbers, etc. While a general location pic is ok (e.g. A national park nearby, a local swimming pool, etc.) please avoid including anything in the image that could be used to identify your exact location. We want you to have fun and share some awesome pics, but not put yourself at risk! biggrin

• Please make sure you image submissions are reasonably sized and don't stretch the screen when posted in the contest thread. Screen stretching is just annoying, so try and avoid that!

I don't live in the US - can I still enter the contest?
    Sure can! As long as your country allows you to participate in such contests, we welcome you to join the fun! (By entering, you acknowledge that you have checked, and your country allows you to participate in contests like this!)

Ok, that is all well and good, but what could I win - tell me about the prizes?!?!
    I knew you'd ask! At the end of the contest, we'll pick the Top 5 entries that we like the best (and yes, "best" is subjective, but someone has to win!) and these winners will receive a Fluffy Prize Pack which contains the following fabulous things:
    Quote:

* Kitty Fluff Plushie item
    * SDPlus #040 Blaze
    * Ring: Integrity (Base level - you'll have to get the orbs to make it stronger!)
    * 2 MC Letters for June 2013
    * 250,000 Gaia gold to get some new housing items
    * 1000 Gaia cash to get more cash shop housing items, stuff for your Fluff, or anything else you like from the Cash Shop!

Are you going to have any other prizes, just for hanging out in this thread and making friends?!?
    You know it! Each day, 2 randomly selected winners will be chosen from this thread, and each will win 50,000 gold! Eligible posts must not be bump posts or spam, and must not violate the Terms of Service.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

gaia_kittenstar gaia_gaiagold Where the Fluff?!?! Contest Winners gaia_gaiagold gaia_kittenstar

So, we've reviewed, and reviewed, and reviewed the entries and you know what? We cannot all agree on the Top 5. It's been a very passionate debate since there are SO many awesome entries. So, in the spirit of this contest and fun, we've decided to extend the prizes to a.... TOP 11!

Before we post the winning entries, we want to take a moment to thank you ALL for entering. We really loved your efforts - you've created some awesome Fluff art, and we are so proud to have such creative, funny, and talented community members. Whether you win this contest or not, we want you to know we loved the entries, and hope you'll join us for more contests in the future!

Now, onto the winners! The winning entries for the 'Where the Fluff?! Contest are (in no particular order):

Ametenshi Vlos Valsharess
User Image

CioccoLatte

User Image

KittenGrey
User Image

Little Dead White Girl
User Image

NINJA Boner
User Image

Rabid-Turtle
User Image

Kaniskion
User Image

dreamsk
User Image

BinaryVolts
User Image

KawaiiTsukai
User Image

Mhlle
User Image

Congrats! biggrin
-Sisky

Daily Gold Winners List
* June 19th - drakokatze and Chibi_Kokoro143!
* June 20th - IceTeaCandeloro and puppylove713!
* June 21st - gummie_sourball and Freekee
* June 22nd - Jong Kook and James Daniel Garcia
* June 23rd - Rabid-Turtle and Hybin
* June 24th - NINJA Boner and BatChic
* June 25th - ForeverInMyHeart12 and DefauIt
* June 26th - Hillbilly Hikari and Pirate Santa
* June 27th -Whatta_Hay and SakuraSyaoran
* June 28th -IK II IT IT IE IN and Whispering Embers
* June 29th -Purplesnoopy and NatsuNoYuki
* June 30th - and
* July 1st, 2013 - and
* July 2nd, 2013 - and
* July 3rd, 2013 - and
* July 4th, 2013 - and
* July 5th, 2013 - and
* July 6th, 2013 - and
* July 7th, 2013 - and

Grand Prize Winners List

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

gaia_kittenstar gaia_gaiagold Where the Fluff?!?! Contest News & Updates gaia_gaiagold gaia_kittenstar

If we have any contest news or updates you should know about, we'll post them here! biggrin

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Time to find the perfect dumpster for this shot biggrin

lol j/k

Mythrill Knight

80,300 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

Muscular Champion

Cash to be used for stuff for your fluff.... HMMMMMM.

But yeah I'm totally entering this.

EDIT:

*Darksp
* Stop installing those toolbars!!
* Click show spoiler for picture
User Image

I'm not sure what kind of fluff the glowing one is supposed to be, but his name is Malware, so I figure he'd enjoy it in my grandparent's computer. If only I could remove him as easy as he got in there.

Liquid Liner's Compadre

Monster Dabbler

Reindeer

This sounds fun eek

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Existential Existence
Time to find the perfect dumpster for this shot biggrin

lol j/k

You never know - there might be Fluffs living in dumpsters! eek

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Darksp
Cash to be used for stuff for your fluff.... HMMMMMM.

But yeah I'm totally entering this.

HMMMMMMMM indeed!

Glad you are entering this - can't wait to see what you come up with biggrin

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Auriga La Shock
Sweet ^^

Hope you'll enter! You never know, you could win! biggrin

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Oeuf
This sounds fun eek

I hope so! I wanted a fun contest that was easy to enter, and still really creative. I always love seeing what you all can come up with biggrin

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I am so entering this!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Vindictive Resolve